Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Top ten or top five superhero deaths that you thought were sad, or just interesting.

10. Superboy
9. Flash (Bart Allen)
8. Robin (Jason Todd)
7. Spiderman (Ben Riley)
6. Ultimate Wolverine
5. Captain America
4. Professor X
3.Flash (Barry Allen)
2. Robin (Damian Wayne)
1. Superman (Despite my hate for this character his "death" just left you going what the hell just happened.)

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

5. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

4. Flash (Barry Allen)

3. Superman

2. Ultimate Spiderman

1. Rorschach 

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

6. Deadpool (He's the first thing I've ever seen die and come back, in fact, he's the first time I've ever actually seen a superhero get killed. He's not the first supehero I've seen that's killed someone, however. That one goes to the Punisher.)

5. Captain America (It was surely a shock, but not too sad. Of course, he came back when I least expected it...)

4. Thor (Because I didn't think it was possible!)

3. Eddie Brock (Because he was the best Venom, IMHO)

2.  Gwen Stacy (She's not a superhero, but she's the first good person that's actually died in comics. 'Twas very sad.)

1. Superman. (I hate him, so I loved every second of Batman murdering the shit out of him.)

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Proffesor X. In the Marvel Zombies universe where he was eaten by the x-men.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Theres a superboy? Whoa!

I dont read a lot of comic books, but i read a book that was like a comic book, so my favorite super-death would be of CoreFire.

You never saw the death, you only heard about it, and he was supposed to be invincible.... Everyone would say "He's such a great guy" and then go mutter about what a jerk he was.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

I loved that book.  But seriously, shouldn't there have been a sequel?

Did you ever read Powers?  Or Incorruptible/Irredeemable?

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

I adored that book. The writing style was superb. A sequel would have been nice, but I think the ending was cool- where does Fatale end up? What happens to Lilly? And that evil genius? M Dr. Impossible (i really liked him)? ADVENTURES AWAIT!

And no, i have not read Powers or Incorruptible/Irredimable. Who are they by? More super beings, i suppose?

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

They're graphic novels.

Powers is by Brian Michael Bendis.  It's a cop story, but in a world with superheroes.

Irredeemable/Incorruptible are by Mark Waid.  It's about a world where a superhero like Superman becomes the world's worst supervillain, and his nemesis becomes a hero to stop him.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Wonderboy. Never figured out what the secret of his power was.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

The only one i REALLY cared about for some reason was Red Hood (a.k.a robin #2 a.k.a Jason Todd).

I don't know why. It was also sad when he died the first time. And when he got brought back. Its all very sad.

(I DON'T CARE HE WAS A SUPERVILLAN, HE WAS A SUPERHERO FIRST. SHADDUP.)

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

I just found the nature of his death disturbing. He has been a bit more of a anti hero now.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

And you all have the Joker to thank, because without him needing some obscure origin story, none of the red hoods would have existed. Cronologically, he was a villain first that way. Canonically, he might not have been. I never really read into that part.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Just like you all have Superman to thank for all of DC comics existing, but despite that, he gets plenty of hate these days, even from comic book fans.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

They likely would have come up with the Joker anyhow. The thought of a card-themed sociopath murdering for the sake of mocking the protagonist is simply an inevitable creation, given the symbolism people have placed in playing cards all these years. While I admire what superman did anyhow, I still find him annoying as a character. If the entire DC universe and its entire main story were a movie, I'd have fast-forwarded through all the non-plot-important scenes involving superman and watched the characters I enjoy. Rather the same way one might pluck raisins out of a sweet roll.

Speaking of sweet rolls, I think a Riften guard who found out he was the Dragonborn and became a superhero, beating the ever-loving shit out of everyone in the theives guild and combatting the Dark Brotherhood would rather be a lot more interesting than quite a few superheroes put together....

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

There are plenty of villains like the Joker, like Jester who is a Daredevil villain, and also, speaking of the Dark Brotherhood, Cisero is kind of a Joker-like villain as well.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Rorschach... And that's it. Hard to find any of the others sad since you know they're just going to come back to life again about five comics later. cheeky

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

You all have just inspired me to make a super-hero story. Thanks!.

Superhero Deaths

10 years ago

Yay for superhero stories!