Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

People who comment on their own stories

9 years ago

Sometimes, when people write storygames, somebody might leave a comment that warrants a response from the reader. Maybe the person chose a wrong path and left a comment saying the game has no good endings. Maybe they failed to solve a puzzle and left a comment saying the puzzle is unsolvable. In those cases, it makes sense for the writer to leave a comment explaining the player's mistake so that other people don't think that the game's impossible to finish.

... Then you get the other people. The writers who feel the need to respond to people's criticism by kindly explaining that to the player that they're a fucking idiot for not realizing how mind-bogglingly interesting, well written and all around awesome the game in question really is.

Been reading through a few games recently to try and get back my rating trophy and it always gets me a giggle when I see people responding to comments left on their game by ranting about how people are so cruel and unfair for not liking the game they threw together in half an hour at most.

My personal favorite:

You ppl are mean :( 
i wish my puppy was still alive
-- mousepaw on 4/22/2014 10:48:08 AM

9 years ago

........I love youcheeky

9 years ago

I hate this guy's comment on my story, I feel that it's cruel and unnecessary!

This is the worst story in the world, and you totally screwed up the romance, Selena was a total retard to begin with and Mortimer could have done so much better than her, but no, you were all like "Blah Blah Blah" and that totally ruined that path, also you didn't describe anything, and you made it wayyy to difficult to do anything significant, your characters and their developments were insipid, your descriptions of what you did describe were awful, the quest was pointless, and the ending unsatisfying, in other words, you ruined 6 days of my life that I will never get back. Damn you, SentinelPenguin, DAMN YOU!
-- ISentinelPenguinI on 5/11/2013 3:09:35 PM

9 years ago

... You're a strange sort of penguinoid cheeky

9 years ago

Why you bully mousepaw, Briar?

9 years ago

i noes, i ish sew meen!!!!! devil

9 years ago

Are you guys speaking in some sort off demon language?>

9 years ago
Because he doesn't give a fuck what other people think and he's always like "You can't tell me what to do your not my mom," on his storygames.

9 years ago

i'm a girl indecision

9 years ago
Whatever, then replace all my he's with she's my oppinion hasn't changed.

9 years ago

THATS IT I QUIT THIS WEBSITE angry

9 years ago
Good, than we don't have to deel with your shitty warrior cats shit.

9 years ago

crying

9 years ago
Too bad.

9 years ago

I don't care i'm not gonna quit i can make this stuff if i want and you will never change that  i love making them with my friend nightsky listen just i don't care if you think they suck i like them and i hope that some of you enjoy them but if you don't just tell me what i did wroung and i will try to fix it

9 years ago
Yeah too bad, just know that you will get alot of bad reviews and you never fix shit you just say "It's our game and we don't care what you say and we don't have to do anything because your not our mom so scrue off." And if you want people to enjoy it then for gods sake make it longer.

9 years ago

Ignore him mousepaw, I love your warrior cats story!cool.

9 years ago

Technically it can be stopped. Just take a look at some of Madglee's punishments ;)

pick of the young

9 years ago

She's a COUGAR

lol i'm the best get it get it

people that comment on their own stories

9 years ago

lol i'm not a cougar i'm a florida panther

9 years ago
I thought it quite humorous to read some of those comments. It could be a lot worse really :s

9 years ago

XD

9 years ago

Just to make it clear, I didn't intend for this to be a "Let's all bully mousepaw" thread, so here's some examples of other people who left comments on their own storygames:

Well, that's a bit insulting! It was my first game, and I did it on an iPad! Give me a break people!
-- Hgundy101 on 3/5/2014 7:12:21 PM

Its called a SHORT story for a reason
-- Mhand2003 on 10/5/2013 10:41:30 AM

Big sad face :( im gonna be famous one day and if you come to my zoo i will automatically have you kicked out, jihuli whatever your stupid name is
-- Meowywolf12 on 2/15/2014 11:44:07 AM

It was amazing! No sad parts or deaths. So appropriate!!!!
-- Starshine228 on 2/27/2014 8:33:46 PM

... Yeah, she left a comment saying "It was amazing!" on her own storygame >.<

9 years ago

There's more in the pantry if you dig deep enough.

Anyhow, I will ask this once more because the thread I originally asked in got deleted :

"Can I haz ur ribbon pliss?  OuO"

9 years ago

No. My ribbon angry

9 years ago

I agree. This shouldn't turn into a bully mousepaw thread, because it's kinda bullying me because I'm a coauthor.

9 years ago

Yeh, bullying is low. :<

9 years ago

All of them have written (or were in the process of writing) shitty cat stories. All of them are bad romance writers. Obviously they're all mousepaw.

9 years ago

Lol I'm on here.

9 years ago

Yeah! You're "whatever your stupid name is." ... Funny how she forgets your name when it's right there in front of her to copy. cheeky

9 years ago

I think it's just pathetic when people comment on their own story saying "Good job!", "It was amazing", or "Great work [insert the name of the author here]". Even more pathetic when you consider that the author has to replay their (crappy) games in order to reply to others which is just a waste of time. I generally look to give critical reviews and am getting better at it as I go on, and only once has the author directly replied to me by sarcastically saying, "Thank you Danaos, I was everyone was like you."

9 years ago

You got that right

9 years ago

Lol! Yeah, I'm sure I've seen more comments of people saying "Good job" on their own storygames, but I can't find them. cheeky

9 years ago

whats worse is that only people who know their storygame sucks do this to 'bolster' their rating.

9 years ago

And then make a bunch of different accounts to rate their own game an 8 cheeky

9 years ago

people really do that?

9 years ago

Just a tip, karod, but you can edit your posts, you don't have to make two different ones.

9 years ago

ok

9 years ago

But, the funny thing is, when they rate their own games 'Top notch' it makes more people want to play their game. And they, realising it sucks, give it a low rating. Which means the authors were just wasting their time anyway.

9 years ago

The counting mechanism doesn't even count ratings that are too far above or below average, so their 8 would go null and void as soon as other people started playing it.

9 years ago

Why are you people discussing things that don't matter? If the author(s) fake-rate their story too high then there will be consequences to their actions. Bashing on people who do it doesn't help if you don't actually do anything about the problem.

Also Karod, stop posting multiple times and use the EDIT button. It's there for a reason.

9 years ago

i know

9 years ago

Uhh... Wasn't really trying to help the problem, I was just pointing it out 'cos I find it funny cheeky

9 years ago

HAHA!!! (should have done this before)

9 years ago

Fireplay must be on her period or something?. She grilled me about ''encouraging mousepaw'' in the PM, tried to lable me a troll in madglees post?, called me insane, and now this!?.

9 years ago

Maybe she just finds you annoying? cheeky

9 years ago

Maybe she does?, considering the fact I never said a word to her on here lol. Oh..the name ''briar Rose'' I thought it sounded familiar. It was..um..snow whites real name right?. Or was that sleeping beauty?.

9 years ago

A Briar is a type of rose that grows in England, but there's a lot of things called Briar out there, so she wanted to make sure we knew she was talking about the rose.

Also, Fireplay has a penis. And he's ginger. He said so many, many times, but no one believes him. He does have a Tarquin fangirl living in his subconscious that comes out to play Mafia and do battle with the French smurf every once in the whiles, but that's just about it, as far as him having a second X genome goes.

9 years ago

Sleeping Beauty, but it's also the name of one of the characters on Fable and is just a name in general, though rarely used.

9 years ago

Okay so I was right....and wait....FIREPLAY HAS A PENIS surprise

9 years ago

Yep. It's why he was so keen on not banging Udo, presumably.

Quick question, guys, did Miya ever actually get around to doing that?

9 years ago

Not yet... But we're working on it! XD

9 years ago

Nope. 

9 years ago

I find so many things irritating, that I've collected over the years, that I'm now at like 50 Pet Peeves. I'm starting to wonder if all the worrying and ejection of negative energy made any difference.

9 years ago

*Hysterical laughing, i said it like this cause i couldn't fit all the ha's*

9 years ago

I'd just like to add that I love nightsky's contribution to the thread:  "This shouldn't turn into a bully mousepaw thread, because it's kind of like bullying me, since I'm the coauthor."

Way to stick up for your friend, pal.

9 years ago

What's worse than people commenting on thier stories is people that rate thier stories lol.

9 years ago

Some people think long and hard about the adventure, and all the effort and work the writer has put in, and the experiences they may or may never forget, and think of it as a personal gift to even play such a masterpiece!

Others strip through it without reading most of it and die constantly, and at the end give it a shitty rating because they played shitty. 

I would categorize more but my fingertips would hurt, plus I'm at school.

9 years ago

Also, I've noticed a lot of warrior cat fans, what's up with that? I have nothing against you kitty people but it's a bit obsessive and mainstream.

Just my opinion.

9 years ago

It's not that I hate Warrior Cats, which I do, it's just that most of the stories under the Warrior Cats title on this site are piles of shit. In the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, "I didn't know they stack shit that high." If these other Warrior Cat authors plan on impressing the site, they will really have to put some work into the story since people already don't view the title in a good way.

9 years ago

Yeah, I like the books, but the storygames need a little more effort. I must apologize to mousepaw and nightsky for saying that, however (and all of the other warrior cat storygame makers).

9 years ago

I always rate my stories, you get a point for it... Still, I won't give it a higher rating than I think it deserves. For instance, I wouldn't rate my Disney Quiz an 8 'cos... It's a quiz. Not that I don't like quizzes but you'd be hard-pressed to find a quiz worth more than a 6.

9 years ago

"Then you get the other people. The writers who feel the need to respond to people's criticism by kindly explaining that to the player that they're a fucking idiot for not realizing how mind-bogglingly interesting, well written and all around awesome the game in question really is."

So then you get the EndMasters of the world...I mean have you read his comments to some people? 

9 years ago

Eh, most of the comments I make are towards people bitching about something being offensive when I clearly warn people in the beginning that gosh, its going to be offensive and has the highest maturity rating for a reason.

Other times its when I get the occasional "critic" with their head up their ass and go on some long winded tirade about the protagonist being a dick or swearing or something. BORING.

Seriously, just say "I hate it, you suck and fuck you."

I prefer that a lot more since I don't give a shit about the amateur armchair critiquing since I'm not going to change it up anytime soon.

Or if you are going to do a long winded tirade at least do something amusing like what this guy did:

This is the biggest waste of time for anyone to play. The difficulty is 8 because the idiotic author made it so you couldn't win. Maturity level should be a 9 because the author needs some counselling, this is just a constant spam of swears, racial hatred, stereotyping and pointless crap. Play length should be a one, as there is always only 3 options if you are male (haven't checked female, because so disgusted at this I just stopped). The Player rating should be a 0 simply because of the waste of time it is. In fact, writing this took up more time than playing through the game.
-- Steve on 4/27/2011 3:54:12 PM

My work here is done!
-- EndMaster on 4/27/2011 7:18:08 PM

9 years ago

^ Hahahahaha! Damn, I wish I had some comment like that.

9 years ago

And then you have my comments are just like.

"This brought me to enlightenment 20/10"

9 years ago

Isn't that one of your comments?

9 years ago

I think I didn't include the 20/10 part.

But I am 95% sure half of my comments are that.

9 years ago

EndMaster's allowed to comment on his own games because when he does it, it's funny... That's the rules. cheeky

9 years ago

Oh, hey, I got one!

Yo, what up, dog? Man, that story you thought up after discovering chooseyourstory.com exists is totally dope. But it was all you, dog, not chooseyourstory.com. It's so great, I don't know if chooseyourstory is robust enough to put it up--heck, your story may be too awesome even to store in the notepad. And if you published your story, I don't know if it would be fully appreciated. It's intricate, yet it has that in your face value that will make people say "Man, I like it, and I know there are parts I'm not clever enough to understand, but if I were, I'd like them, too!" But it might make people jealous, through no fault of your own.

Maybe one day you'll get around to writing it, bro, unless you come up with an even better idea. Maybe that story of yours deserves its own programming language or website. And when I say maybe, that's a DEFINITE maybe.

--ASchultz

9 years ago

... You're weird cheeky

9 years ago

That's what you said to my comment which actually happened!

AShultz, we can be "In Briar's list of strange people" buddies now! Welcome to Chooseyourstory!

9 years ago

Wait, there's a list of strange people?! Can I sign up?! cheeky

9 years ago

Yey! You get to be on the list with Jihelu and AdmiralAckbar. You lucky bastards ^_^

9 years ago

Admeet eet Brierr, you luv me... :D

9 years ago

OoO

>_<

9 years ago

If only there was a barfy face…

9 years ago

X-C~

9 years ago

YOU MISSPELLED MY NAME DUDE, WELCOME NOT ACCEPTED LEARN TO SPELL, YOUR SPELLING'S SO BAD IT MADE ME USE BAD GRAMMAR.

Seriously, though, this is totally so much better than getting labeled a weird person for no reason. Ok, not 100% seriously. (And yeah, I'm used to misspellings :).)

9 years ago

Okay matbe they just need help understanding the story. I once gave Eternal a low rating, not saying how low, cause i couldn't get into it but by reading the forums and comment sections of it i finally gave it another shot. Now it's one of my favs.