Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Featuring A Game of Life and Death

9 years ago

I think that Kiel's story game is feature worthy in horror. Users who have played the other horror features, which do you think should make way?

9 years ago

Very much so. Not very good at riddles/puzzles myself, but I found the story hilarious and creative.

Probably would put it over 'Die Zombie Die Pt. 3'.

EDIT: I'd suggest Geek, but I just feel we have too many Zombie games featured. I dunno.

9 years ago

I'd love to help, but I haven't played all the featured ones. xD

9 years ago

I think the others are better. You should just keep it as it is. 

9 years ago

Gee, nmelssx, that's ... sorta mean. frown3J didn't ask if the new one was good, he alredy said he thinks it's good enough. I think he jus wants to know which old game least deserves to stay. Eh well, guess that's yer opinion. I'd rahter not see things stagnate.    

9 years ago

The reality of this thread is that I'm asking people for their opinions about which featured story is the worst of the bunch. I don't see how it's more mean for nmel to choose A Game of Life and Death than any of the others.

9 years ago

Mm'kay.

9 years ago
I would say DZD 3.

9 years ago

Geek or 331 Oakmount Drive

9 years ago

I decided to unfeature DZD3

9 years ago

Ha ha! Once again, against all odds and through luck and low cunning, Geek survives his torturous existence and continues to hold on to territory for his master.

Remember Kiel, you now have a flag planted firmly in the horror section now. You must now decide on whether to slowly take over the rest of the category to gain a majority for bonus points or try to plant a flag in other categories so you can gain a variety of resources.

YOU MUST CHOOSE!

9 years ago
Geek has been mauled and mangled to such an extent that it...em...I don't know. Low creativity.

9 years ago

One day we will get rid of that game. One day.

9 years ago

Hahaha ... xD ... *eyes shift suspiciously* don't be silly, Endmaster, I have no secret, evil master plan to conquer all the 10 genre categories of CYS by planting the grand, unfurled flags of featuring in every single one, thereby slowly amassing an army of followers and take over the wor--I mean, ha. Ha. Ha. >_> You saw nothing. <_< Ever.  ... >.> Nothing at all.

9 years ago

Good luck in Fantasy. . .

9 years ago

Yeah ... I know, I'll need it if I'm going to surpass any of the stories there. Five solid 7/8s, FOUR of which are Endmaster's (good God, four?) and one is your celebrated OMS story. Though there is a 6/8 in there. Hmm. xD Might be a slim chance for me. Maybe.

9 years ago

Magus is pretty unbelievable though.

9 years ago

Yep. Honestly, I was mostly kidding. I'm fairly certain there's no way I can get a featured story in all categories. (Plus, I'm not really interested in all categories, but I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a couple of them.) 

9 years ago

It actually just seems hard. Both Innkeeper and Magus can be knocked out with a solid fresh idea imo.

9 years ago

Innkeeper is such a fresh take on the genre though, that your fresh idea must also be pretty unbelievably written. I think that Innkeeper brings a dimension that the other 'grander' stories don't cover. I think Death Song and Magus are weakest but your story will either have to be written at an extremely high level or be incredibly fresh.

I think every other category is weaker.

9 years ago

Death Song fits that place for me (giving something the grander games don't).

Fantasy is definitely the strongest category on the site though.

9 years ago

Interesting!

9 years ago

Ha ha, (aside from OMS) Death Song is (IMO) one of the better fantasy games. I definitely think it beats necromancer.

9 years ago

I made a run at the fantasy section with my first story but only managed a solid 6 which I'm actually pretty happy with considering what it's up against in that section and that it was my first go on here.

The story I'm working on now is for horror but have so much trouble with it Atm that I'm not sure if I'll finish anything soon never mind give geek a run for its money.

9 years ago

Edutainment will be easy. The featured stories there aren't much competition.

9 years ago

Tsk Tsk Briar.

The only person from the spring thing competition without a featured story. For shame!

9 years ago

I thought her Riddle Tower game was featured, but I guess not.

9 years ago

I think it was for a while. 

9 years ago

Naw, though I remember Berka really wanted it to be featured.

9 years ago

Isn't that game usually recommended for newbies? 

9 years ago

Because it's good, yes.

9 years ago

Then when you solved it, don't you get a banner of some sort? ;P 

9 years ago

So... What?

9 years ago

It's just a question. 

9 years ago

Should it be?

9 years ago

IMO, definitely. Preferably to replace tsmpaul's Dangerous Memories. 

9 years ago

Go post in the other thread, please! :)