Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Should This be "Modern Adventure" or "Fan Fiction"

9 years ago

Alright guys, once again I've decided to make an attempt at creating my first storygame. This will be in pursuit of Nate's trophy, so I'll be taking the subject of a '30s mobster story (containing some elements of "The Family" parts one and two) since I've been wanting to make one with that theme for a while now (it's one of my all-time favorite genres). However, I'm not sure how to categorize it. "The Family" is categorized as a modern adventure, however not only is this game not going to be modern, but it'll contain some elements of Nate's work so I'm wondering if it should be under Fan Fiction instead. What do you guys think?

Also, some tags I were thinking of using are "serious" and "historical". Let me know if I'm using them wrong.

9 years ago

I'd say modern.

9 years ago

I really think we should get a 'Historical' category haha (well, not anymore, with the New site's system and all).

I'd go with modern adventure.

9 years ago

Oh yeah I forgot they were developing a new skin for the site. Is that out yet?

9 years ago

Doesn't look like it.

9 years ago

Well we used to click a button or go to a specific link or something and a new skin would pop up. It was a lot darker.

9 years ago

Click Render 2

It's pretty l33t, though the story listing style always seems off for me. Can't wait until it,a finished though.

9 years ago

I'd say modern section and you're right in that you should probably use the historical and serious tags.

9 years ago

Nate approved