Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/25/2014: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/12829

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

If you have posted a thread which once you have posted you think "On Second Thoughts, I don't want this thread here." You could click the delete button and it would delete the thread.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago
It would be useful, to be able to delete your own threads - however if the thread doesn't break any rules and there's no reason to delete it (assuming it has over 10 replies that aren't trolls), then deleting your thread would be rather bothersome. Probably.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Well Ford, here's an example.

Forum Thread Name: "I AM SEXY AND I OBLIVIATE YOUR GALAXY"

Then either a mod would delete it, or if you feel guilty for posting it, you could delete it.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago
Well, if it's a troll thread - a mod should delete it because you shouldn't have posted it in the first place xD and so deleting the thread on your own would mean no penalties. Trolls could create threads and delete them constantly - so it'd be a big problem. So, no - this idea wasn't as good as I thought it might be.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Well, it's possible that they were having a moment of uncharacteristic spontaneity, but, after posting, they realize that what they posted made absolutely no sense. I've even done that before, posting something stupid before realizing how stupid it is. If that is the case, there is no reason that person should have to go through the embarrassment.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Or you could just take a moment to think "do I really want to post this?", before doing it.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

I think that editing or deleting any post should be totally fine until someone has replied to it. Once a post or thread has been replied to, it should no longer be editable or deletable.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Yeah. Right now it's only editable but not deletable. 

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Yeah. I'd be fine with allowing a delete button for all users on their own posts, until someone has replied.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

That sounds like a nice idea!

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago
But when someone makes a new thread - it's instantly featured at the top of the sub-forum, and on the forums page. Couldn't a troll make a thread with a stupid title then delete it and constantly create and delete threads to create a "blink" effect of sorts? It'd be faster than anyone could reply - and the threads would always be the most recently made thread, making their title visible on the main forum page.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Well, the troll can do that anyway even without the delete button. 

Unless there is a limit set to how many threads you can make per day? 

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Why would we need either? Just follow Killa's advice and you wouldn't have to deal with this. The trolls can just make new accounts to continue their thread spamming if they wanted to do it. The 'thread-limit' would only hurt members.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

I'm not worried about this. They could do it without deleting the thread which would be worse...

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

So are we accepting or declining my idea?

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

I'm against it in it's current form and for it in the form I've proposed. I think Alex will probably agree with me or reject it for being more work than it's worth.

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Sooo, this? http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/9385

Delete Your Thread

9 years ago

Thanks! Have 5 points for the excellent digging.