Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Video Games

9 years ago

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what sort of games everyone here played. I personally enjoy the Warcraft series, Mass Effect, GTA, Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age 

Video Games

9 years ago

I really like the kind of Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age games, that have interactive storylines.

Video Games

9 years ago

Dunno, Skyrim felt like the choices didn't actually change anything

Video Games

9 years ago

No, it only changes your standing with the factions around you.  Even then, though, I don't feel threatened when I walk towards a group of Imperial fascists.

So you're right.  Completely...boring.

Video Games

9 years ago

That's what I meant but wanted to avoid ES fanboys. Also, the "choices" you did while in quest was more of a "accept the quest / deny the quest" but with fancier words.

It felt unsatisfying. 

Video Games

9 years ago

In the Elder Scrolls games, your choices have never really mattered in the traditional sense of, "here's some dialogue, now make a choice." They've always been about exploring a giant world, and basically doing whatever the hell you want.

Video Games

9 years ago

^

I've never played Morrowind or any of the other prior games, but I know in Oblivion it wasn't a choice-driven game either. It was about playing the story and exploring what was around you even after the story ended. In that sense, Skyrim did a little better in the exploration part since the world was freaking gorgeous if you had the right graphics.

Video Games

9 years ago

I have played too many games to list them in a thread xD

I do like interactive fiction the most.

Video Games

9 years ago

I play daily at least one of the following:

-Warcraft 3

-GTA San Andreas/Vice City / III

-Age of Empires I / II / III

-Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

-Knights of Honor

-Tortuga: Pirates of the New World

-Jets'n'Guns

-Europa Universalis II / Crusader Kings I

-Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds - The Clone Campaigns

I've played HoMM3 , Medieval: Total War and Civ IV in the past.

Also, I recognize your avatar. Considering that lore-wise both Arthas and Illidan are dead (blame WoW) , and both are big villains , I always replay the last Warcraft 3 mission always putting Arthas first when Illidan himself attacks. It gets trickier when I play on Hard mode but it pays off.

Video Games

9 years ago

I've been playing a lot of San Andreas lately, which is great because I've never played it before a week ago XD. It's pretty great, and I love looking at the correlations between GTASA and GTAV

Video Games

9 years ago

I like Oblivion, Skyrim, Minecraft, Pokemon x/y, Spore, and several other games. Here are a couple of my favorite game sites.

http://crazymonkeygames.com/

http://armorgames.com/

Last I checked, there wasn't any of those ad videos that you have to watch or anything like that before you play on these sites. It has been a while though, it could have changed.

Video Games

9 years ago

Minecraft was fun for awhile but I got kinda bored by it. The problem with those sandbox kinda games is that they never really change even on servers.

Video Games

9 years ago

Well, I like survival mode. Much more interesting than creative mode. They also had a new update for the xbox 360 minecraft version. Now they have potatoes, carrots, pumpkin pie, an anvil, carpet, you can dye the leather armor, and probably others I'm forgetting about.

Video Games

9 years ago

Yeah, Minecraft had all that stuff already on the PC version. I thought I saw Minecraft on the Playstation store, is it available on the Playstation now?

Video Games

9 years ago

I don't know. I only have it on xbox.

Video Games

9 years ago

Pretty much.

Video Games

9 years ago

I bet you haven't seen ArmorGames when it used to be 5 columns of tiny little picts for each game.

Because that was my ArmorGames back then.

Video Games

9 years ago

Warcraft III. Got to be one of the best designed game in existence. Too bad they don't carry it anymore. 

Video Games

9 years ago

but there's a friendly community at the Hive Workshop website dedicated to Warcraft 3. They release mods, maps, improvements.......

For example, they recently released a two-player version of the original Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos  campaigns ( the night elf one is incomplete , but in progress).

Video Games

9 years ago

Yeah. But I can't play online if I pirate download it and that takes away most of the fun. 

Video Games

9 years ago

I enjoy horror/survival games like Dead Space, Resident Evil, and Dead Island.

Video Games

9 years ago

Warcraft is pretty good, though some things might get boring depending on which installment you play.  WoW is just...unlikable, in general.

Mass Effect was great, but the "choice" system didn't really matter to me.  Plot still seemed linear.

Elder Scrolls is hilarious, but the commute is so damn boring I stopped giving shits after the first 5 hours.

Dragon Age...is a long walk.  Linear, meh in plot, but so...long...e.e

Video Games

9 years ago

I've been playing GTA a lot lately. I also like all of what you put up except Warcraft, which I've never played.

Video Games

9 years ago

Warcraft 3 is the only game you'll want to buy in the franchise.

Video Games

9 years ago

Witcher games, Total War games, Battle for Wesnoth, Elder scroll games.

Video Games

9 years ago

I've played all three of the Mass Effect games, and they were great.I don't get the people who act as if a terrible ending makes the rest of the third, and the other two games are awful. Don't get me wrong, even with the extended cut, all of the endings were still pretty terrible, but it doesn't make 95 percent of the rest of the series awful.

I've played the original Mount & Blade, and I sunk a ton of hours into it, and I recently gotten Mount & Blade: Warband, and the base game was actually pretty disappointing, since it's basically a clone of the original with a few tiny additions in; although, the modding community in Warband has significantly improved.

I've never played any of the Dragon Age games, but I definitely want to try my hand at one of them. If Inquisition turns out to be pretty good, I'll probably get that one.

Video Games

9 years ago

If it's anything like the difference between Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: II, you don't HAVE to play them in order but it helps with the plot and there are a shit-ton of references you'll miss if you don't.

Video Games

9 years ago

Apparently if the Warden boned Morrigan then the child is going to appear in Inquisition.

Video Games

9 years ago

I should certainly hope so. That little arc and the DLC about it was pretty legit. I'm interested in what a child born with the spirit of an (non-blighted) old god is like.

Video Games

9 years ago

I enjoyed the Total War games,but that's about it.

Video Games

9 years ago

Dragon Age, Witcher, Dragon's Dogma, Persona, Elder Scrolls (all the way back to Daggerfall)

Video Games

9 years ago

I recently got the Elder Scrolls Anthology and played Daggerfall...not as fun as the later games, Morrowind was pretty good 

Video Games

9 years ago

Daggerfall was amazing if you enjoyed it's randomized worlds. lol

Or so I've heard, I haven't played it yet.

Video Games

9 years ago

Heard it was absolutely huge (Magnitudes larger than Skyrim)

Video Games

9 years ago

It was. The scale of the game was larger than any of the others, but everything was randomized so you didn't really get any uniqueness or detail with places and NPCs.

Then again the Elder Scroll games were always more about running around and exploring rather than any storyline focus, so if you can look past the old graphics and interface it's worth just playing with it for a while.

I'd recommend Morrowind more though. I actually still prefer that one over Oblivion.

Video Games

9 years ago

There's a Morrowind Mod for Skyrim if your interested.

Video Games

9 years ago

The overworld was incredibly immense and almost totally devoid of plot-based stuff.

If you wanted to find a daedric shrine, there was no way you were ever going to just happen to come across one while walking.  You had to read the ingame books to find out where to be, and what day to be there, and what sacrifice to bring.

You could break the main plot by not being at a meeting point at the appointed time.  

The dungeons were procedurally generated.  Almost everyone used a mod that let you teleport through the quest-item locations.  Otherwise, you'd spend hours and hours wandering through a confusing, senseless maze of corridors that sometimes didn't even have a way for you to get to the item you were supposed to be bringing back.

Guild advancement wasn't just tied to completing quests.  You also had to have high enough levels in all the guild's favorite skills.  Oh, and the quests were mostly "go to random dungeon, fetch random thing" or "take random NPC to random other location."

Anyway, Morrowind fixed a lot of that, while keeping the best parts.  You got a sense of being able to explore the world that Skyrim and Oblivion don't really have.  

Video Games

9 years ago

Daggerfall's combat was oddly more satisfying than the games that followed, the hits were just much more satisfying. They felt earned, y'know? Oblivion's "Block, SWING, block, SWING, block, SUPER SWING, lowhealth, run, cast spell, drink, eat, block, SWING!" and Skyrim's timing-based version of that where you get to watch your camera shake as your character heaves their weapons back and forth like a zombie that can't grasp the concept of letting go of the dumbells it's holding, and all whilst your stomach digests the thirty beer bottles you shoved down your throat to make up the stamina you lost on that dual-wielding power attack. While both are equally fun and somewhat addictive, they just didn't carry the same weight of combat Daggerfall had. 

Video Games

9 years ago

I like post-apocolyptic games, such as The Last Of Us or the Fallout franchise.

It just makes me feel good knowing that I could walk RIGHT into Old Olney, wearing my T-51b, with a plasma rifle that I got from an android that lives in a town made on a ship broken in half, to get some power armor that is weaker than mine and also yells at me, but then again gives me Med-X when my health is low (which is never), and walk out completely unscathed.

Yup, those were the good old days....

*sips from Nuka Cola Quantum, sitting on a Behemoth's head*

(Also, as a side note, I apologize if you didn't get any of the references.)

Video Games

9 years ago

Dragon Series, Fallout 3, Fall Out New Vegas, Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), The Sims, Bioshock, Papers Please, Load Out, The Walking Dead, Dishonored, some of the F.E.A.R. series, Neo Scavenger, some of the Assassin's Creed series, some of the Battlefield Series, Left 4 Dead (1&2), Spore, Far Cry series, The Witcher series, The Forest, Plants vs Zombies, a bunch of tower defense games online and on my phone