Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 7/24/2014: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/feature-wishing-well/message/3290

"copy page" button

9 years ago

I think it would make things a lot easier if when editing a page, there was a button that says "copy page" and a copy of the page appears at the bottom of the chapter so you don't have to keep doing the same thing over and over again as with the game I'm making.

"copy page" button

9 years ago

Doing what same thing over and over?

"copy page" button

9 years ago

Writing the same exact page. Though can't you just highlight it and do ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste?

"copy page" button

9 years ago

Yep.

He said over and over again though, which is weird, since I can't think of a reason to copy the same page over and over again.

"copy page" button

9 years ago

A fight scene on a story game with multiple paths that include the same pages, but you don't want some of them to follow the same storyline. EX:

Fight scene - punch - you get a punch back to the jaw - punch - you get your nose broken

Fight scene - kick - you get kicked back and a leg broken - punch - you get your arm broken

Fight scene - punch - you get a punch back to the jaw - kick - you get punched in the stomach

Fight scene - kick - you get kicked back and a leg broken - kick - you get a smack upside your head for trying to kick someone with a broken leg

It has the same page that they go through every time they click punch or kick (except for that last one most likely).

"copy page" button

9 years ago

Even for a repeated action, one could just click a link that lowers / raises a variable by X amount, and go to another page once Y has been reached.

"copy page" button

9 years ago

But what about the people who don't understand that techy stuffs?

"copy page" button

9 years ago

That's kinda why they'll have to :

1) Learn how to use variables...or...

2) Do everything manually.  And boy does that suck.

"copy page" button

9 years ago

I mean copying the links, restrictions, item drops, variable changes...

"copy page" button

9 years ago

Oh.

Well that's not what you said at all lol. That would be useful to have, I agree.

"copy page" button

9 years ago