Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

My New Game!

9 years ago

Well, I scrapped the idea to make Wanderers of The West, so I decided to make a quiz! It's called 'Press Start'. This is a quiz about video games and it has three modes: Easy mode, medium mode, and hard mode. Medium and hard are not in the version 1.0 release. Have fun!

My New Game!

9 years ago

Why didn't you just publish the game when it was actually completed? You can't really put levels of difficulty in a quiz that asks you random questions about random games in history

My New Game!

9 years ago

*Shrugs* I guess you're right, I'll unpublish the game and give a link.

My New Game!

9 years ago

Give a-

Are you looking for testers?

My New Game!

9 years ago

No, I guess I'll just give the link so people can still play it as a demo or something like that. Anyway, here's the link: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/press-start

My New Game!

9 years ago

Stop publishing and unpublishing storygames.

My New Game!

9 years ago

I didn't do it for points! Geez, I'll publish it once I'm done with it! Just don't take another 50 points for a game that I'll probably finish later today!

My New Game!

9 years ago

I would suggest actually finishing storygames before publishing them. A modicum of effort goes a long way.

My New Game!

9 years ago

Fine, fine, but I wanted to publish it then maybe add on more instead of writing the whole quiz at once! Can't a man take a break?

My New Game!

9 years ago

Publish means publish a finished game. Finish the game.

My New Game!

9 years ago

I was going to edit that for a minute, and then you replied to it, so here it is: I realize that was the stupidest thing I've ever said, and what I meant was maybe have that as a demo or something and not as a full game.

My New Game!

9 years ago

What I'm telling you is that you shouldn't publish demos. Don't do it.

My New Game!

9 years ago

I realize that was stupid and I will now go back to finishing the game.

My New Game!

9 years ago

Thanks.

My New Game!

9 years ago

You can actually lose points for that?

My New Game!

9 years ago

Yes, you can.

My New Game!

9 years ago

The system should automatically take back the 10 points, but it doesn't.

My New Game!

9 years ago

Hence the reason for discouraging the publishing of demos :P. People can generate a fuckton of points by doing so

My New Game!

9 years ago

Well, now the game will no longer have hard mode, but rather easy and normal mode. Well, now the game is published. Have fun!

My New Game!

9 years ago

Huh, guess I don't know as much about video games as I thought. That, and my memory's starting to go in my old age.

I'd take the 'End Game and Leave Comments' link off the very first page, but other than that, decent quiz. Not much else to say.

My New Game!

9 years ago

I have played almost all of the Everything Else stuff, and every quiz sooo....no I just wanted to brag really.

Anyhow, I will play it when I have time.

My New Game!

9 years ago

It was okay, like most quizzes really. Nothing great, nothing really bad about it.