Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Anyone wanting to co-author a story?

9 years ago

I've been wanting to make a story for awhile now. I'm a published short story author with a talent for dark comedy and frame of mind pieces and I was wondering if there was anyone out there to work on my first story here with, I have a few ideas, so we can bounce a few around, or I do not mind helping with another story, but I promise it will be a fun experience for whomever is up to the task, it would be preferable if someone with experience would help, but I don't mind another newbie. Thank you.

-Zath

9 years ago

Just for clarification, I am looking for someone who can help and guide me through the story making process, or allow me to observe and help on a story they have.

9 years ago

What part is tripping you up?

9 years ago

Deciding where to place my choices, and how to make them cause a lasting impact, would you like to see my story so far?

9 years ago

What the hey? I have a story I'm working on that I will allow you to see. It is just a basic story, not an advanced game. If you would like, I could add you, so you can see how it works.

@zathalen100

9 years ago

I'd like that, thank you

9 years ago

Much as I'd love help and I'd be happy to let you poke around in one of my pet projects, I do not make basic editor games and you should probably start with that. That said, if you wanna see an advanced game later on, drop me a line.

9 years ago

Not really. It's not like he has to do the scripting and variables.

9 years ago

It doesn't matter if it is basic editor or advanced, I am simply looking for hands on experience before I screw up something too badly

9 years ago

What part specifically do you need help with? We won't know if you don't tell us. 

9 years ago

as stated before, I have no problem designing the story, but branching off of the choices is fairly difficult because I am used to linear storytelling, so if anything, it would be nice to have someone watching and reading my story as it goes, and informing me where might be a good place to add options and how to go about adding them in so that the flow is not inturrupted.

9 years ago

I'm more of a newbie, but I wouldn't mind being your co-author. It'll be a good way to work on my English and typing skills.

9 years ago

I'm down, let me see what I can do

9 years ago

Hi Zath. I would suggest starting with the advanced editor, even if you don't plan to use advanced features. The UI is better. Good luck finding a partner or writing on your own :)

9 years ago

xD Frankly, I agree entirely, I just feel bad telling newbies that because the site itself recommends using basic on your first story.

9 years ago

I guess it's just a formality. I tried the basic quite a few times and tore my hair out because I was too limited.

9 years ago

For once, I agree with you.

9 years ago

You've never agreed with me before?

9 years ago

I applaud both of you...

9 years ago

No, don't applaud him. I'm a demigod. He's a collection of numbers.

9 years ago

But I know that there is life within both of you, being the worlds greatest empath, I know who I am! And know you are both great.

9 years ago

No, I'm motherfuckin' Mega Man! You're just the first Dragonborn! What are you gonna do? Shout me to death? I am a robot! You may shout at me, but I will not die unless I lose all of my health!

9 years ago

Well I CAN'T die. I have an immortal dragon soul! I will call on my pal Herma-Mora and he will rip you to pieces. If not, I'll send cultists after you.

9 years ago

Then how did the last Dragonborn kill you? BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I never really agreed with your reviews is all. You give ones out to easily. (Well, so do I, but I don't be that big of a douche in my reviews)

9 years ago

The last Dragonborn did not kill Miraak. Hermaeus Mora did. Even that sorcerer guy said the last Dragonborn would be the "Second strongest to ever live".

Someone has to be more critical in the reviews, or did you not like a review I left for you? Personally, I think some of the reviews try to sugarcoat to much, I'm incapable of doing that without sounding fake. Since the last time I've been told I give ones out too easily, I've changed to giving it to games I want either deleted or unpublished and fixed.

9 years ago

Why to games that need fixing? I think you should give 2/8's to games that need to be fixed. And I've never played the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim... So I don't really know... I need to gain more knowledge to post things like that.

9 years ago

It isn't an issue, if they fix it I will change my rating and give it a more positive review.

9 years ago

Well what if the story is amazing, but has a big bug? Will you still give it a 1/8 because it needs fixing? I just want to know.

9 years ago

No, that would be completely illogical. Some stories that I enjoy have some errors whether technical or grammatical. That does not mean I'll slap a 1/8 on it just for the hell of it.

9 years ago

I said I just wanted to know. But why do you give stories 1/8's all the time? The most I've seen you give a game (I haven't read much of your reviews) is a 3/8. 

9 years ago

I don't know...maybe because they aren't good. o-O

I don't feel that there was enough effort for a 2/8. I'm not going to 'be nice' and give it a higher rating just for that sake.

9 years ago

Sometimes I'm a douche and give it a 1/8, but usually I'll give it a 2/8.

9 years ago

Well then that's your problem, not mine.

9 years ago

You know what, forget what I said. I just disagree with your reviews. Okay?

9 years ago

Fine, if you don't like my style don't. I don't care. If you notice how I review in comparison to Romulus, I am basically his yang. He tends to be more positive in his reviews and focuses on more positive aspects, while I focus on more negative aspects and in turn are more negative. That's it, honestly when I've read some of your stories, I was going to give a negative review with a decent score. It's just what I do.

9 years ago

What did you rate my stories anyway? I don't care if you gave them negative ratings, just wondering.

9 years ago

Life Sucks was a 2/8. Not sure if you improved it since then. Your quiz got a 3/8. At least I think I rated it that. Didn't bother with the other ones. I didn't feel like reviewing them.

9 years ago

Alright. Thanks for giving at least not giving Life Sucks and my quiz a 1/8. I guess you do have a soft side under that heavy, cold, armor...

9 years ago

There weren't that bad to be honest. I rated them 5-4 respectively.

9 years ago

Yeah. It is too limited. There's just not enough freedom to create.

9 years ago

Are you being sarcastic?

9 years ago

What? No. I was being serious. >_>'

9 years ago

Oh, I just thought...nevermind.

9 years ago

... Ok.

9 years ago

I have a sense for dark humor. If you need me, just PM me. I'll get back to ya.

EDIT: Or, alternatively, I could be a spell-checker. Whichever you need.