Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Romulus' motivation thread

9 years ago

I am currently in the process of writing two different stories that I really want to finish, but don't always have the motivation for. So, by totally-not-copying Briar's and Quiller's ideas, I have created this thread to update you guys on my writing progress, while also serving as a motivational thread so I might be able to finish a storygame again. My goal is to write at least thirty pages on one of the stories before the end of August. However, since I'm (hopefully) moving to Denmark at the end of August, and I'll probably won't write during that time, this deadline might be shortened or lengthened a bit.

The stories that I am currently working on are:

The Raven, a story based on the poem by Edgar Allen Poe. 'The Raven' tells the sad and dreadful tale of a man torn apart by his love for his late wife. However, the past does not rest easily and the arrival of a shadowy messenger unlocks memories the heart desperately tries to forget.

The Ghost of Pembroke Hall, a Sherlock Holmes story. I've only just begun writing this.

"Dear Watson, you do not really believe in ghosts, do you? No, I believe that we are dealing with a mere mortal man."

When the jewels of the dowager Duchess Marbrough go missing and mysterious deaths shake up the town of Brightmore, Holmes and Watson are called in to crack their hardest case yet.

9 years ago

Those both sound really fun ^_^

9 years ago

You're moving to Denmark? Velkommen :)

9 years ago

Tak! Yeah, I´m moving to Copenhagen for about five months, to study as an exchange student :)