Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

So, I've noticed in my exp points that i had a daily point somewhere down the line but then it stopped abruptly. So, now im kinda wondering what in the world daily points are because if you don't receive them daily how do you earn them?

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

You have to click the link.  When you're looking at your points, near the top there's a sentence that says "If you want a free point just because you're you, click the link."  When you do, you get the daily point.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

I don't have a link. I clicked on the blue exp points to get me to a chart of my points and when i looked around the screen i saw nothing but my reason for getting certain points...

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Nvm, i found it. I clicked on my profile on the bottom of the site. The "Who's Online" thing. It's in the "Points" section in "My Stuff". My bad, newbie mistake.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

That is right, but if you are wondering why you don't just get them automatically, the link system is used so that you only get the point if you actually go onto the site that day, otherwise the daily points would be kind of pointless (ha ha ha).

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago
There should be a trophy set for "highest daily points" - top 3 people would get a glowing trophy, then the lower 7 would get a non-glowing trophy. Kumquat is and always will be top since he's been going everyday for years and has only missed about 10 days (tops) out of the 6 years of being on the site.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

The bloody hell? That's bloody rich because apparently he hasn't rated a single bloody story. 

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

That's... kind of bizarre. o_O

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

nme, got a new favorite word?

that is really odd, though.  why get a daily point every day and never rate games or post in forums?

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Maybe he is cheating, you can hack the site and reprogram the daily point links to be automatically clicked, if he is good enough at programming to hack the site...

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago
He logs on at a various time each day to get a daily point... whether it's a bot or himself, it's impressive.

Also, he's missed days before - a bot or hack wouldn't miss a day(or multiple days for that matter).

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Hmmmm.... Someone should make a mystery story game on this!

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago
I doubt a mystery storygame based on someone getting a daily point would be any good.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

It was meant to be a joke (no one gets my sense of humour)

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago
To build up mystery.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Kumquat has written a few stories (though, none of them are still published) and received quite a few birthday bonuses.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

The birthday bonus is automatic.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Naw. Kumquat has missed waaaay over 10 in the past 6(?) years. Still, it adds up.

I'm sure if we did some sort of math-thing it would come out that his program just screws up every once in a while , same each time. He hasn't replied to any PMs either. I dunno.

Also, maybe he's Fazz... XD

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

"Also, maybe he's Fazz... XD" - surprise

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago
I bet four whole airs that kumquat isn't Fazz.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Lol. I was joking haha, I don't think Kumquat even remembers the site. Nigh certain it's just a guy who knew some major coding (if you look at his 'game' you could see he was brilliant at it-- I think he figured out how to make codes using the editor befor eBerka even got here) and made a program to get points with it. And, well, it may just skip a couple of days when the codeine doesn't pick up, may be a bit faulty.

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

Or maybe days where his computer is not on to run the program.

Seems more likely

What are Daily Points?

9 years ago

That reminds me, gotta get my daily point