Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Warrior cats chat :)

9 years ago

I love warrior cats.I already have Bramblestar's Storm on my kindle!

9 years ago

Ignore coins.

Where you actually want to go is forums.warriorcats.com.

9 years ago

Thanks :) I actually already have an account, but i switched email addresses and have to verify it.

9 years ago

But this is Reading Corner! We can't just drive SOME genres away, because of their bad fan fic writers! 

9 years ago

HEY!It was my first one!

9 years ago

Rule #1 of CYS. No cats is good cats. 

Yeah, nobody here, 'ceot y'all likes WC fanfics. And why can't you separate sentences? At your age, I was...

You kids today. 

Aaaaaanyways, there's a bunch of shit WC on our site. That's why coins got pissed at you, and why Morgan_R referred you to another site. 

9 years ago

Oh.I'm sorry.

9 years ago

You're pretty mature, it would seem. I think you'll get along fine on this site...

providing you don't try to convert us to a WC fan site. xD 

9 years ago

Malky, WarriorCats fan-fiction aren't necessarily bad. Just 95% of them are. If someone makes a good fan-fic, we'll rate it highly, regardless of subject matter.

9 years ago

Only members of my Capy-Tribe call my Malky. You can call me Lord, Sir, or OH NO IT'S COMING FOR-

With that said, I feel inspired to write good WC now. THANKS

9 years ago

I won't. Warrior Cats annoy the living piss out of me, and therefore I'm not interested in them. If someone writes a story I'm not interested in, I'm going to rate it low.

9 years ago

Why would you play it at all then? :P

9 years ago

For the Top Rater trophy of course :p

# @coins

9 years ago

Well that's kinda assholeish.

# @coins

9 years ago

Please, asshole is my middle name, but thank you for the compliment.

# @coins

9 years ago
playa is my spirit animal xD I don't care how good the WC fanfic is - it's getting rated low because it's WC. The only reason I'd play it is because trophy :P

9 years ago

Given the reaction they're likely to get here, I feel that it's reasonable to steer them to somewhere where they'll find a better reception. 

Edit to add: Aaaand there you go, proving my point. >_<

9 years ago

Thanks for your help, both of you.

9 years ago

No problem. Sorry the folks here have such a knee-jerk reaction to all things WC. I haven't read any of it myself, but I'm sure it's a good series, just based on how many enthusiastic fans there are. ^_^

9 years ago

I read some of it. 

You aren't missing much.

It's good for the little ones. 

9 years ago

Well, yeah. Middle grade books are supposed to be. I still have fond memories of the Redwall series... full of talking mice and such. ^_^

9 years ago

Redwall is... different. Those were actually QUALITY books. I would compare them to Watership Down, or Rats of NIMH. 

Not all series about talking animals are childish. 

9 years ago

Hm, well... I quite deliberately haven't reread them as an adult, so I don't think I'm qualified to judge. I made the mistake of rereading the Dragonriders of Pern books, though... >_<

9 years ago

Don't spoil the childhood fun, Morgan. Y U SO PRAGMATIC, MORG!? 

Even if you choose to re-read, why would you poke holes in them with logic, reason, and rationality? Kids books are supposed to be FUN! Not graded like a master's thesis! xD 

9 years ago

Trust me, I wasn't trying to deconstruct the Pern books... but as it turns out, they're kind of terrible. >_<

And that's why I no longer reread books I liked as a kid (except for a few that I already know are actually good.)

9 years ago

Whaoh. The first book was written in '67, and the most recent was in 2012. 

0_o 

9 years ago

I think it's her son writing them now, though.

9 years ago

It's my favorite series. I absolutely love it.

9 years ago

Warriors is.

9 years ago

It's for 12 year olds, and thus most of its fans are 12 year olds, thus most of its fanfics are bloody shitty because they're written by bloody 12 year olds or younger with no sense of grammar or plot. Reading something like that no doubt piss most people who aren't 12 year old or under. Most of the people on our site is much much older than 12.  Thus, bad reception. 

9 years ago

Hey! JJJ wrote Mattias the One Knight when he was 'bout twelve. 

9 years ago

Eragon was written by a 12 year old. And that's a good book, don't be fooled by the movie.

9 years ago

...He started writing the book at 15, but published it at a much later date. 

9 years ago

Sorry.sad

9 years ago

Erm, no it wasn't. The author started writing at age 15, and about 3 years after that it was published.

And Mattias might be a classic, but (no offense 3J, you know I like you) I can't say it was that great (though I bet many disagree with me). Just riddled with grammar errors and the sort.

Completing any writing project at such an age is amazing, but that doesn't mean make it automatically amazing.

9 years ago

Lots of grammar mistakes and a major path block.

-- Madbrad200 on 5/26/2014 7:23:36 AM with a score of 1030

Its just very sloppy. I read Order of the Midnight Sun and that was clearly written better than this. So many typos, glitches, and its all over the place. First it seems to be a unique fantasy world. Then when it explains the beginning of equal rights, that means it's our world. Then at the end its camelod is really camelot. That doesnt make sense.

-- anonymous on 4/24/2014 4:17:30 PM with a score of -1720

9 years ago

Didn't expect that xD

9 years ago
3J is not so easily tainted.

9 years ago

I didn't really like Mattias to be honest.

9 years ago

I loved absolutely everything about the game except the God awful writing. Still, I believe it deserves a 6. I'd probably rate it an 8 if a grown 3J wrote it.

9 years ago

I only rated it a 4.

9 years ago

I guess you take the writing more seriously than I do. Usually writing is at the top of my list when it comes to rating games, but one of Mattias' caliber deserved a break. Writing aside, it would've been an easy 8.

9 years ago
bloody blood blood bloody blood

9 years ago

I'm just going to stick to writing this for now.

9 years ago

I might end up reading it eventually so I can really get a grasp on what it is. I really don't think someone should welcome a newcomer by asking them to go to hell, kinda defeats the whole, 'We are a friendly forum' thing xD

9 years ago

Haha, I don't think that you'll find much support for Warrior Cats stories on these forums, though there are a few members that would like to talk about this. (@elaine is someone I can think off the top of my mind, though I don't know if she's active anymore) Like suggested before, I'm afraid that WC dedicated sites are more suited for you :)

9 years ago

buddy me

angel 

AND BY THE WAY I LOVE YO STORY

9 years ago

Bluestar's death.

#laugheverytime

9 years ago

Uh... Found the title ramdomly...

9 years ago

Welp, you guys were correct about the sudden influx in Warrior Cat fans O-o I wonder why though...

9 years ago

Google > Make Game/Read Games > Tell Others > Google > Ect.