Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Inquisition has claimed me for a short while.

9 years ago

For all those in Fields of Green and anybody else who wanted to know where I'll be. I'll be playing my DA:Inquisition for a few days. So FoG is on hold. :p

9 years ago

XD

9 years ago

Same the game is so much fun so far, there goes my weekend lol. 

9 years ago

I Farking hate you, fireplay!  XD

I have to wait till Xmas.  :(

9 years ago

Same here

9 years ago

For some reason I have no major desire to play it. I mean if someone handed it to me for free I'd probably play it, but don't really have any desire to spend money on it. I think its because I didn't really care for the second one and so much time has passed for this one to have come out, I just have lost interest in what is going in the setting anymore. Wouldn't be able to transfer my choices from the first game anyway at this point.

I imagine they'll probably come out with an "Ultimate Edition" that will be slightly lower in price later anyway. Might pick it up then if I suddenly get interested in it again.

9 years ago

Yeah the second one was a kick to the balls.

As for save data no one can transfer it. Apparently we all need to get orgin accounts and go to something called the keep in order to remake our worlds and the decisions we made from scratch. Of course I had one already for ME3 but still took me an hour to reset my world. 

9 years ago

I actually enjoyed the second one. True it was as good as Origins, but then again Bioware was trying to find a way to take a PC series to console, and I think they hammered out of the key details in it. I really enjoyed the story and the fact that it set up Inquisition perfectly.

9 years ago

I thought the first one worked just fine on console. The ongoing lazy reusing of the maps in the second game was really lame. 

The story to me was rather meh. I really just don't care about the mage/Templar conflict because it isn't very interesting to me. The most interesting part of the story was the stuff involving the Quanari. After they were gone it was back to the boring old mage/Templar stuff again.

Don't get me started on the followers. I think the only tolerable ones were the dwarf and Hawke's sister who you don't even get to use all the way through and I had to drag broody spirit possessed whiner around instead as a mage (And the elf girl is even worse) 

Hell, I would've even taken Alister and Lianna over most of them (Who was supposed to be fucking dead based on what I ended up doing to her. Lol). 

Didn't particularly care for Hawke himself, but that might've been because his voice actor sounded annoying. 

9 years ago

I liked the second one a lot.  (Yeah, the maps were reused, but I only started getting bored with it after 3 consecutive playthroughs.)

I liked Anders and Fenris and Varric.  And Hawke.  Male Hawke was best as violent or sarcastic.  Female worked best with diplomatic.  Merrill was fun sometimes.  I suppose Aveline and Isabela were the two I liked least, and even they had their moments.

There was a little too much "Can't Argue With Qunari" for me, but I never really loved Sten like a lot of people apparently did either.

They didn't do an Ultimate Edition, so I couldn't play the DLC, and I guess I'm screwed for the Keep also, cause I don't have internet access on my Xbox.

It does seem pretty cheap that they forced Leliana back into the game even if you killed her in DAO.

9 years ago

I think besides Morrigan, my next favorite follower was Sten. Used to travel with those two and Shale all the time. I probably would've used Oghren more, but you don't really get him until late. Used him all the time in Awakenings though.

Anders I didn't mind in Awakenings, but he just got too broody in Dragon Age 2, Fenris I liked even less. Reminded me too much of an anime character. The problem with Izzy is they basically made her the "I REALLY LIKE SEX" girl and that was about all there was of her. Aveline just sort of had a dull personality, but I suppose she wasn't really annoying.

Still, one of the funniest side quests is when you bring Isabella along with you when you're trying to hook up Aveline with some guy.

9 years ago

I actually never got Isabella as a follower, I remembered seeing her in my big's playthrough but I guess I just never found her in mine (I don't own the game so I've only done one playthrough while borrowing it). Fenris I never liked but I LOVED Anders. It might just be a little nerdgasm because I saw him first in Awakening before II but I loved how they basically merged two previous characters and had them battle it out in one.

As for the plot, I enjoy politically based games a lot so the Mage vs. Templar dispute was pretty interesting to me. The Qunari plot was alright, but then again I never got Isabella so I didn't experience the arc in the full glory it was supposed to be. 

How did she react? I was laughing my balls off watching Aveline fail to make the move - especially when I had Hawke friendzone himself with her.

9 years ago

Basically she makes a lot of blunt comments in the beginning of the quest with Aveline and I think by the end she says something to the dude like "Oh for Maker's sake, she really wants you, just take her and bend her over that rock already."

As one dimensional as Izzy was as a character, she was sort of funny.

9 years ago

Funny I liked Shale the most a very well done and interesting character. I hated almost all the companions in DA 2 I liked the drawf the most out of that group at least he had a semi interesting persona and wasn't stereotype personified like most of them. I had the mage in my party be Merril just because I could handle Anders Ohh woe is me whining crap any more. I thought he was decent in Awakenings but couldn't stand him in DA 2. 

I thought the story was alright and I have been very invested in the Mage/Templar/Chantry battle since the first game so that didn't bother me all that much. What really bothered me was how unreasonable everyone was and how both sides just sought to escalate things higher and higher without regard for how the other side thought. Reminds me of todays politics. Also the "Final Battle" was not nearly as large scale as the battle in the first game. The arishock was the toughest fight for me (as in terms of boss battles pertaining to the story. The dragons were probably the most difficult enemies to  fight if you found them) and I think that was because I played one time through as a rouge. The final bosses were jokes and werent even that challenging for me.

What really annoyed me, more then the companions or the story. though was the art style. It just pissed me off constatnly the direction the took it I mean how do you go from something realistic look like this

To the cartoon looking

Just pissed me off. Thankfully it looks like I is back to the orginal style of art.

9 years ago

My Big just got it and I've been held up watching him play it for the past couple of days. It's freaking amazing!

9 years ago

Alright, having claimed Skyhold. I can stop my Inquisition life enough so I can come back on. lol

9 years ago

So is the art style more like DA orgins or DA2

9 years ago

It doesn't seem very cartoony, but the way things are portrayed in modern graphics engines, it's difficult to tell whether they tried to make Final Fantasy look like anime or bi-racial Japanese people cosplaying. The art style did, in fact, drop its World-Of-Warcraftiness like a ton of dried camel shit off the back of an icy-floored garbage lorri, if that's what you're asking.

9 years ago

Did you play the game?

I am asking if you look at my essay posts which one of the pictures does it look like the most.

9 years ago

I played a little, but I don't own it, and probably won't for a long time, since I'm not going to spend $240, and then another $160, just to play the two Nextgen games I actually want. I'll wait until the price has gone way, way down before I deal with any of this shit. staying 5 years or more behind is SO MUCH FUCKING EASIER on the ol' wallet. But yeah, it looks a lot more like the first picture, think "Skyrim" but with a billion more 3D-imaging polygons added in, and nothing nearby the player has any 2D textures. Just like every other Next-Gen game that isn't intentionally cartoony.

9 years ago

>.> I just payed for the Xbox 360 version since I already had the console.

9 years ago

Xbox 360?... This might not be so bad, then. Do they have AC Unity for Xbox 360? Because then I'd be all set.

I'd still have to spend about $319, but it's better than whatever the PS4 costs, in all its hyper-expensive newness. If a games console costs 400 fucking dollars, I at least want to be able to drive it!

9 years ago

It's more like skyrim with lots of bright colors except when you find red lyrium, then it gets creepy looking.

I do question why they reveal the Elder One so early in the game(if you haven't figured out who it was beforehand).

9 years ago

Yeah it sounds like they went back to how DA orgins looked then DA2

9 years ago

DA2's darkspawn looked retarded and (almost) everybody knew it.

The graphics were also weird and didn't feel as alive as the places in Origin's. Though that might have something to do with the copy-paste environments...

9 years ago

I have not even bothered looking at this one. The first one was a true PC RPG. The 2nd - horrific. I can only imagine what inane stupidity these fools have cooked up for the console-moron-version with a PC port.

9 years ago

Actually it looks like they tried to fix there mistakes from DA 2 or at least that is what I am getting from people generally.You can do top down combat like the first game now as well.

9 years ago

Like cool said, Inquisition is a lot better since Bioware took a lot more from Origins than they did from DA:2. While there is a heavy focus of the Templar/Mage war it gets buried(from what I've seen so far) in the face of a giant hole in the sky that lets demons into the world along with the Elder One.

Oh and apparently Red Lyrium somehow got to the surface and is wrecking havoc with life in general. But we all expected that. lol

I've enjoyed it so far, I only played DA:2 for the story and lore anyway.

9 years ago

Hmm, sounds like it might not be that bad.

I read that there is supposed to be some program or app or something where you can from the major choices in the first two games and transfer them over to this one.

Do the Qunari or the Tivintium Empire play a major role in this game at all? Is it playing out like DA1 or ME3 where you're trying to gather up as many allies as you can to fight off this demon threat?

9 years ago

Well so far the Tevinter Imperium (offically) is watching the situation and not really doing anything. I'm not sure if the Elder One is actually allied with them or just the cult made mostly of mages from there.                                            (Not much of a spoiler since you learn this pretty quickly) 

The Qunari sent some people over to watch the situation to see if they need to invade and stop the Breach. But I doubt they will play a big part in the story/game.

I'd say it's a lot like Origins and ME:3 except that I've mostly gained allies through missions on the War Map than through direct interaction excluding any allies I gained from companions.                                                                     

>.> I'm trying to avoid looking up information about the story/possible outcomes until after I finish my first playthrough.

9 years ago

Sounds like fun.

@EndMaster

Yeah its called the Keep and it works through your Origin Profile so you can build your world. It is an online service not an app.