Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Warrior cats by Erin Hunter

9 years ago

Who likes warrior cats? Just a subject to start of with:How does scourge get dog's teeth on his claws?

9 years ago
Hey, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but there is already an older thread about the book series. That, and there are two...three...maybe four people tops who will have anything nice to say about the series.

9 years ago

Well sorry.....geez.

9 years ago
I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if I come off as such. But, due to a large number of poorly written WC fanfics on the site, people have grown a little...bitter...towards the series and the concept in general.

9 years ago

@Actual Thread Topic: 

I always assumed he had Bones(?) or some other loyal cat tie them on somehow. That or he went the crazy route and forced the dog teeth onto his claws and made sure to 'earn' his status as leader of Bloodclan. lol

@Above Post:

From what I can tell most people are apathetic to it and occasionally throw a dark(or rude) humor joke at the series. But people like Chris decide they need to be a 'Defender of the Pure' or something like that and act as if the WC series is a plague sent to mankind because of the furries. 

9 years ago

But wouldn't that be ironic?

9 years ago

I'm a defender of the pure?

9 years ago

Well basicly Scourge's FIRST dog tooth on his collar came from a lazy old dog that had his tooth fallen out. So Scourge (as tiny at that time) Used the tooth to try and get his collar OFF . but it got stuck in his collar.

9 years ago

Ah,but what about his claws though?

9 years ago

I dont really know about his claws, but my assumption is that he hooked them on somehow when he became leader of BloodClan.

Erm...

9 years ago

Well, as an answer to that, people here feel obligated to do so as a time-honored (or dishonored, give or take your optimism) tradition of taking punches at a franchise only a small demographic of the entire world would like <---(This is a backhanded insult, FYI).

I guess the main reason why the majority of us here, specifically, don't like WC is because the personification does almost nothing to change how cats really behave, and minus the sub-par supernatural aspects of the Clans' roles, there's nothing in there that we already don't know about nature : its denizens kill and destroy each other for survival, guaranteeing the next generation as the progeny of the first.  What's worse is that a bunch of old ladies (I have the right to say that, and relative to my age, it's true) have tried to release a very fluffy, no-thorns version of what natural life really is to a bunch of kids that don't know these correlations between fiction and real life (or are just beginning to see, though the skill to relate text to real-life takes years to perfect), mixed in with some strange take on Native American (as I can see it, spirit animals and reincarnation are pretty close to the general lore) culture...just doesn't get my reading lights blinking.

Oh, and don't get me started on the introduction of Shadowclan / whatever its name is.  That just brings bias to a world where no one faction should be truly good.  That's just raising kids to say "this guy is EVIL because he's unorthodox and doesn't stand even CLOSE to my beliefs!".

Yeah, no.

But, because this is the Internet...

"What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly - that is the first law of nature." -Voltaire

^I knew I posted this earlier somewhere.  Anyhow, I took my precious free time to bleed through the synospis of the story thus far, and my opinion of it...has only turned fo the worse.  Clearly, Bloodclan had the right ideas for the Forest.

9 years ago

It's weird...maybe he gets help from Bone and Brick, or just...idk. I know how Scourge gets dog teeth on his collar, though!

9 years ago

This mother fucking god damn series is the fucking most fucking disgusting fucking example of a fucking concept ever. No fucking body fucking likes it, no fucking body fucking will fucking ever fucking like it.

9 years ago

Over 1,000 People in the world like Warrior cats :/  @warriorCatsSuck #Warriorcats4Life

9 years ago

Are all of those fans you and your fake accounts?

9 years ago

Only 1/1,000 of WC fans have even heard of CYS.

9 years ago

There's way more than 1,000

9 years ago

And none of them have hit puberty.

9 years ago

About 1/2 of them have, actually.

But what's weird is that haven't yet, and I'm 11, almost 12. Funny thing is, I only started reading Erin Hunter's books since September, I think.

9 years ago

It's alright, you'll get through it eventually.

9 years ago

Good thing I can avoid health class! I've been avoiding it for a few years now.

9 years ago

9 years ago

Still avoiding it. ^-^

9 years ago
TMI for the internet bud.

9 years ago

So? Its not like you know my full name and address.

9 years ago

Don't we?

9 years ago

It's not like you know what I look like.

9 years ago

9 years ago

I'm scared to click it... Whenever I click links, my tablet just crashes and lags like crazy.

9 years ago
Maybe I'm ultra conservative. But I just think that for someone your age, that's something that's in your best interest to not spread around on the internet.

Do as you will though. This concludes my public service announcement.

9 years ago

I will occasionally share my age and first name, but my last name and address shall stay secret.

*Zips lips*

9 years ago

Wait, there's an ACTUAL Warrior cats book!? I thought it was some thing invented by someone on ChooseYourOwnStory.

9 years ago

I think you should read warriors. I highly recommend it. I convinced already 3 people to read it at my school.

9 years ago

It's shit. Seriously, it is.

9 years ago

Seriously, who says that? Just, who fucking says that. Warrior cats was created by and for 5-year-olds

9 years ago

Most five year olds can't read that well. :P I think it was for six year olds.

9 years ago

Damn Christians.

9 years ago

If you hate WC so much, then don't bother to come here. If you hate the WC stories here, then how about you write one that's better?

9 years ago

1. Some of us like to post on the forums.

2. Because the genre is so stupid, if I wrote a story, my IQ would drop by 100.

9 years ago

why is the genre so stupid Chris113022? i love it, and working on an original WC story, belive me, i got PM by some one and they said that it was original. and i think that your IQ wouldn't drop by 100 

9 years ago

"Original." Really? Are you sure? I'd put money on your story being the exact same as the rest of the WC stories on this site.

9 years ago

You just necroed a month old thread, you fucking idiot.

9 years ago
Your WC fan fic may be a "new" story, but it intrinsically cannot be "original," since it is a fan fic. If I wrote a story about Daffey Duck becoming a wide receiver for the New Orleans Saints and winning the Super Bowl MVP, it would be new but it wouldn't be original. Daffey Duck is an existing construct. Even if you make your own characters, using the WC universe takes away from the originality. You will grow much faster as a writer by creating your own universe/plot/characters/etc.

9 years ago

it has a original story line, that means original in my book

9 years ago

It's not original; it's putting a new twist on the formula.

9 years ago

what does that mean? hello i'm 11 here

9 years ago

And there we have it. Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!

9 years ago
And...you just stepped into the winds of a raging shit storm.

9 years ago

You're a fucking idiot for an 11 year old. Hell, I understood what that meant when I was 10!

9 years ago

and come on, i'm not you, i'm me. not every body learns at the same pace as you. am i right?indecisionno

9 years ago

Yeah Chris, you fucking hater!

9 years ago

Oh God, I feel terrible!

9 years ago

I was 10 when I made my first story game. If you can beat it's rating I will be impressed.

9 years ago

It probably isn't even that, it's going to be a turd.

9 years ago

how would you know iqqih? you are not my coauthor, and yes i have one

9 years ago
May I ask who your co-author is?

9 years ago

the coauthor is LeoScales7, just ask him

9 years ago
I don't doubt you. I can't remember how reputable a member of the site he is, though.

9 years ago

I have a feeling. It's just a skill I've picked up after reading the other WC stories on the site.

9 years ago

but this one is different, but not done yet, i need to finish it, then start on part 2

9 years ago

Please don't. I can tell by your lack of capitalisation that it's already going to be a train wreck.

9 years ago

i am, you don't control me. and this is just because i'm not writing. i have proper capitalization when i'm writing. this is just messaging people 

9 years ago

Please continue.

9 years ago

indecisionreally?indecision

9 years ago

Yes, please elaborate, it's great entertainment.

9 years ago

nononononononononoindecisionindecisionindecisionangryangryangry (over use of memes!angel)

9 years ago

You really are the gift that keeps on giving.

9 years ago

thanks! cheeky

9 years ago
I doubt that he meant that as a compliment.

9 years ago
Those are emoticons, not memes.

9 years ago

You fucked up the description, even.

9 years ago

I believe she just went full retard.

9 years ago

ummmm... ya i got nothing for that comment because of how stupid it is.

9 years ago

Read your fucking description. There's no capitalisation.

9 years ago

does that mean i won't fix it later?sad really think about what you say before you post it

9 years ago
You said that you used proper capitalization in your actual writing.

9 years ago

and jamescoker1226 i will edit that later, in the story it uses capitalization

9 years ago
I can read what you've written of the story so far. The capitalization is much the same in there as it is in your description and your forum posts. I want to say now that I'm not here to put you down. I'm here to offer you helpful advice and see that any stories you write are well written and well received by the community. I am a friend, but I don't like it when people lie to me.

9 years ago

There are lots of Christians who don't support book burning and there are lots of other religious and non-religious groups who have participated in book-burning throughout history. Just because this one girl and her mother are book-burning nuts and they decide to identify themselves with a group, don't bash the whole group over their actions, that's just stupid. :P My parents are Christians and they've never made me burn any of my books, lol. And I've read stuff like WCs... they even bought me the game, grand theft auto 5 for Christmas, so... yeah.

Besides, it's her own book, she can burn it if she wants to. Are you seriously telling me you never wanted to burn a warrior cat's book during all of this? I think it's kind of funny. :P