Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I was recently watching this man who is a competitive eater talk about how dangerous the sport is. Not dangerous to one's health, but dangerous because of bodily injury. "I once chipped a tooth during a competition, thankfully we had some medics near by to patch me up."

Some people say completive gaming is a sport due to the mental and sometimes physical excursion. Some say that chess is a sport, if only a mental one. Whenever I ask someone of their opinion of what defines a sport, I tend to get mixed answers.

"Anything that requires physical effort."

"Anything that can hurt you."

"A sport is something that has a winner and a loser."

"Sports have trophies for them."

I guess this is more of me asking about what you recognize as a sport and why.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Calling Marmotlord...

In any case I'm just going to say competitive eating is not a fucking sport. It's a celebration of gluttony at best.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Why are you calling Marmot?

This guy was pretty sure it is a sport. He talked about how he trains for it everyday, he has trophies for it, he has won city and state competitions, and plans to compete nationally.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

There was an old (and now sadly deleted) thread where Marmotlord was arguing with everyone about playing video games being a sport. Most people were disagreeing with him and hilarity ensued.

Still, I'd consider playing video games more of a sport than shoving food down your throat like a pig.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Accordig to the Doritos and Mountain Dew ads, Microsoft believes the two things are not mutually exclusive.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Why was it deleted?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It wasn't a mod, it was just system site failure.

When this place has those glitches that cause this place to go into error mode, there's sometimes a very small chance one of the larger threads in The Lounge just disappears.

Happened with one of Drakoblare's Hilarious Hate Rallies and another long thread too I believe.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well, I'm pretty sure Steve is Marmot.

@Steve_Greg

I want your opinion.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

a sport, in my opinion, is an activity which requires talent , dedication and training.

And it's serious business.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

In going off that, beauty pageants could be considered sport competitions.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"dedication"

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

One could easily argue that participating in beauty pageants require dedication.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"I have boobs and had the luck to be born this sexy. Give me that trophy"

Very.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Not to mention "I have to make myself look better than all the other girls who have boobs and were born sexy", see, that's dedication.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

True, however, you don't realize that everyone at the pageant is like that. Because of this, every woman has to try to look and preform better than the other woman. Now, it's a competition.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

your POV, m8.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Eeehh...what? POV means point of view...you know that, right? Because that makes no sense, except...you know...beauty depends on POV I guess but still, they compete to look prettier than the rest, I can't see how that is up for interpretation.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Not a POV, it just is. You will never see a girl think that she can just walk into a beauty pageant and win.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And if she does, she is not taking it seriously, which the other girls are doing, and she will lose.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Education is a sport?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

education is not serious business.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Really? I challenge you to know more things than I do.

See, I am now competitive about education, making me an athlete, right? This is very serious business after all.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You may be competitive, but I am not. I do not take it seriously = for me its not competitive = it doesnt fit the definition (my definition)

It has to be serious for all involved.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

What? Why?

Okay, fine, I challenge Danaos to know more things than I do, he already said he takes this serious. Are we now athletes?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Name the topic and I'll drop so many bombs on you that you'll think God is taking a dump on your life.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

if you're not trolling, then I consider your activity competitive and a candidate for a new sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh, we are very serious.

And even if we were trolling, it wouldn't matter, because we just showed you how anything can be done in a competetive way meaning that according to your definition anything can be a sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

A slight addition to my definition would be "and it has to e recognized as  sport by at least one relevant country".

If Tadjikistan suddenly decides that what you do is a sport, then yes, it's a fucking sport and there's nothing you can do to chnge it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"By at least one relevant country"

At first...I was going to continue challenging your definition of gaming but...now I'm more curious to know what countries are relevant, or more specifically, what countries are not relevant?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

As long as it has a government, a flag, an anthem, a history of at least one year and is recognized as independent by all it's neighbors and all other relevant nations in a 100 mile radius on sea, it' a relevant nation.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So Sealand is not a relevant country? I consider it to be a relevant country even though not every country recognizes it as independant and it only has about 8 inhabitants.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Really.

Sealand.

Why not Narnia.

Are you even trying?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because Sealand exists in real life whereas Narnia is fantasy? Google Sealand if you don't know what it is.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I am well aware of the status of all micronations and none fits the criteria for "relevant nation"

Yes, I have free time and strange hobbies.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If you know what it is then why compare it to Narnia? Narnia is fictional. At least name another micronation if you're going to compare it to something.

Also, I'd say it's a relevant nation, they have a national football team..or did at some point, I don't know how active it is right now.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

not recognized by neighbors. Because its an "island"-nation, neighbors = the first country you get to if you go straight north/south/east/west from the exact center of the supposed political entity you desire to call nation.

And it doesnt fit.

And I said Narnia because, while, fictional, Narnia, fits more criteria than Sealand, so it's basically closer to relevancy. And that to show you how bad yor example was.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So actually existing is less valuable in deciding what is a relevant country than what the neighbors think in your opinion? Good to know.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Steve, are you going to argue that Israel is not a country?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

*not a relevant country

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh yes, my mistake.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

None of Israel's neighbors acknowledge it as a country.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Israwhat?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It's kinda like Narnia, lol.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I hope he wasn't being serious...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I get to choose the topic, you'll regret that.

The Icelandic language.

I'll start: The Icelandic for penguin is mörgæs, which could directly translate to bloodgoose.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Uh...you win. I can't do this without Google Translate.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Success! Where is my medallion?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

In Tadjikistan

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You don't get one! You had an unfair advantage.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You gave that advantage to me of your own free will when you allowed me to choose any topic without having to receive a confirmation from you or anyone else. It was fair, accept it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Fine fine, you take this one, but I'll return.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

What about game shows revolving around education?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"talent".

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You could consider the ability to answer questions on a game show to be a talent.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

that could take a while to fit under the criteria but it could have the potential to become a sport..... of sorts.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

No, it won't ever be considered a sport, nor does it have the potential.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
I think it has some potential...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're not the one to decide that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I am very serious about being smarter and more educated than those I compete with. Scholarships aren't just given to anyone, I have to out do everyone else for it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

even if you are serious, the others involved may not be. 

It has to be serious for all involved.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Not always, during my recent football season, we were running undefeated and went against a team that hasn't won a single game in a couple of years.

They knew that they were trash, and by the way they played, they didn't take it seriously.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Then it shouldn't have counted.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That doesn't make any sense. We still won the game, and we still were considered the victors even if it was completely one-sided. It was still a football game, just unbalanced.

Roy Jones Jr. was a championship boxer, and he got so good at the sport that no one could actually challenge him. Eventually he lost because he wasn't taking it serious anymore. That doesn't mean that his boxing suddenly wasn't a sport.

The same can be said for Anderson Silva, an MMA fighter.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Am I the only one seeing you post as "I ARE WINNER AND WHAT I SAY IZ RIGHT BECAUSE I ARE WINNER"?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

What?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Am I the only one seeing you post as "I have no valid rebuttal, so instead I will try to make sure no one takes his point seriously."

You are unsuccessful, and see how that point can be made with proper grammar and no caps lock?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I don't know where you've got the idea that i give a fuck anymore.

I think there's a rant thread i've started recently when ive stated im no longer holding back on anything. I just say what is on my mind in the exact moment when it is on my mind.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's fine, I'm just trying to help you get what is on your mind across.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That sounds evil.

Go on.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You tend to go into full "insult others" mode, which makes it difficult to take whatever it is you're saying seriously, thus, if you don't do that or use improper grammar or such, what is on your mind doesn't come properly across.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

oh and you dont like insults.

And I give a fuck about that.

/sarcasm.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Try reading my message again, I understand you're tired, but I clearly did not say that I don't like insults. I usually find them hilarious when an angry losing debater makes them, however, people stop taking you seriously when you do that, and you did say earlier that you give a fuck about speaking your mind, which becomes difficult and dare I even say it, pointless, when no one around is listening.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

again, I give a fuck about that.

/sarcasm.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well, you sure said so earlier. Stop pretending not to care whether people take you seriously or not, you clearly do, otherwise you wouldn't even make that reply.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

pretending?

No. I'm not pretending. I am just fucking tired of saying something and people acting like I said something else.

I want to clear it up because my opinion is my opinion, and your way of saying it makes it sound like it's no longer my opinion. And that pisses me off so much, that i want to murder your whole family for it. But , fortunately for you, all I can do is reply. Pray for technology to not evolve too fast or stop misreading my opinions.

Capische?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"I want to clear it up because my opinion is my opinion, and your way of saying it makes it sound like it's no longer my opinion."

Quote please. What part did you read that way? If you did, you misread my message. That doesn't make me want to kill anyone, guess what that makes me want to do: find out what was misread and explain what I actually meant.

I strongly suspect I won't get that quote because I think you pulled that out of nowhere in an attempt to have a rebuttal.

Also, yes, pretending not to care, it's a very popular thing for people still trying to win a losing debate, yet still they seem to care enough to actually reply: ergo, they do care, they're just pretending.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The two examples with the "relevant neighbors =/= at least 2 neighbors" part. 

I meant the same thing with both yet you interpreted one differently and fucked it all up, prompting me to go semiberserk.

and stop fucking saying I pretend stuff. I genuinely do not give a fuck on certain stuff, until it gets on my nerves. Like israel's political status, i really did not give a shit on it until it got mentioned too many times and i got fed up, eyetwitch an all, so i finally went and googled it.

Fucking up people's nerves for the sake of debate sounds like trolling to me. 

I strongly suspect you are trolling me because you're getting on my nerves more and more with every new reply. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You didn't say those as the same thing and you go berserk when we read it differently? Those two quotes are clearly very different, if you miswrote, that's fine, i can fully accept that, it happens to the best of us, but getting angry when people read what you wrote instead of what you meant? I don't deserve that and you know it.

I believe you didn't care about the Israel stuff, and I never said you didn't. You claimed not to care whether people take you seriously or not, that's what I replied to.

Fucking up people's nerves? I'm not doing that, you just suddenly got overly sensitive to your opinions being criticized (which you weren't before, odd, you just replied to the criticism in a rational manner earlier).

In every thread where you're debating and suddenly go all haywire on everyone you end up accusing someone of being a troll when it turns out that wasn't the case. Think about that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"I don't deserve that and you know it."

Am I even supposed to care about what you deserve?

"Fucking up people's nerves? I'm not doing that"

you just did! So now you're telling a lie! Wow, stop sinning so much, the Devil is jealous.

"you just suddenly got overly sensitive to your opinions being criticized"

And? Am I not allowed to? Is it illegal?NO. THEN FUCKING EXPECT IT.

"In every thread where you're debating and suddenly go all haywire on everyone you end up accusing someone of being a troll"

I feel trolled . So I go Captain Obvious and say it. Again, what is wrong with that?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

#MarmotLogic

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"Am I even supposed to care about what you deserve?"

I didn't tell you to care or what you're supposed to do, I said you know it. You're not even replying to what I'm writing here.

"you just did! So now you're telling a lie! Wow, stop sinning so much, the Devil is jealous."

Explain. How am I fucking up someone's nerves? Don't ignore this, you just compared me to the devil, explain. Don't say it's because you're taking my attempts to help you develop you opinions as attacks because then you're blaming me for how you've decided to understand what I'm saying instead of what I actually mean and apparently you hate it when others do that to you, correct?

"And? Am I not allowed to? Is it illegal?NO. THEN FUCKING EXPECT IT."

You're allowed to, but you're blaming me for the fact that you got overly sensitive. Also, I can't expect everything allowed on the internet because nearly everything is allowed on the internet.

"I feel trolled . So I go Captain Obvious and say it. Again, what is wrong with that?"

You always seem to feel trolled when you're angry.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yes, you said I know it. I didnt argue with that. I know i'm a jerk. What can I do, hide it? Why hide it? I dont see the point in not being myself.

You fucked up my nerves for the past 3 hours. I got angry to the point of a nosebleed. So yes, you got on my nerves, isn't "getting on someone's nerves" = "making someone angry"? Yes, I sarcastically compared you to the devil because you've just added something new to the list of things you did today that get on my nerves, and who keeps doing bad things? the devil! now, it was a very basic analogy and i'm knows to make bad puns, so I seriously expected you to forget i said that the moment you finished reading the phrase and never mention it again because it wasnt meant to be the subject of more than one phrase, but nooo, you had to mention it yet again. I'm nicknaming you now, really. Sindevil. yes, I will call you Sindevil from now on.

i'm not blaming you for the fact that i get sensitive sometimes, really. I'm blaming you for the fact that you're not expecting it. If you can't expect it, BAD LUCK FOR YA, WHAT CAN I SAY.

And regarding the last one,  if you'd get annoyed past a certain point every time, you'd think you're trolled too. Action and reaction. I just state it too much.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I didn't tell you to hide it, be yourself, by all means, but you're still acting like I'm trying to force you into all kinds of things when this is not the case.

And we've got namecalling. Yay. You know, you're the one getting angry, I can't help it if you get angry at non-hostile debating.

You know what's also allowed on the internet? Debating, yet you didn't seem to expect that, or at least you suddenly got very angry because of it, but as always, your logic only applies to you, right?

Maybe I would think I'm being trolled, but if I had a history of accusing people of trolling when they're not, I might reflect on that and think "hey, maybe that's what's happening now".

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"but you're still acting like I'm trying to force you into all kinds of things when this is not the case."

And?

"I can't help it if you get angry at non-hostile debating."

then don't help. Same with the poor Somali kids you can't help right now.  I dont mind.

"your logic only applies to you, right?"

I understand Marmotlogic gained meme status in here but stop implying there's logic in hat I do, even if it sometimes is. It makes me nervous.

" I might reflect on that and think "hey, maybe that's what's happening now". "

I don't bother. I feel trolled. Simple as that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You don't bother to ponder what-ifs and yet you claim to feel very secure about your intellect.  That's...that's great.

Also, I wasn't referencing the meme.

"I can't help it" doesn't literally mean you're trying to help someone "although I am", it means you are wrong to blame me for it because it's not something I do.

And? And what? I have nothing to add to that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"You don't bother to ponder what-ifs and yet you claim to feel very secure about your intellect.  That's...that's great."

I find contradictions in my mentality if I ask myself questions. And I dont like that. So i dont do it. 

""I can't help it" doesn't literally mean you're trying to help someone"

I know, I was just answering with a similar phrasing for the sake of it. My tendency for bad puns was involved, yes.

"And? And what? I have nothing to add to that."

I relate to that daily. People expect reactions from me yet....nothing. So I say "Fuck." And then I look for things to do.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"I find contradictions in my mentality if I ask myself questions. And I dont like that. So i dont do it. "

Yes, It's not always easy, but I recommend trying it, you can learn alot about yourself, and thus you become better at learning and understanding everything around you. Remember, answers come from questions not the other way around...except for Jeopardy.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The last time I did it I found the meaning of life and pondered about the future of humanity for 6 hours straight reaching the end conclusion that we're bound forever in a doomsday loophole , never going to reach real balance , and that society will crumble over and over endlessly without learning from it's own mistakes, but repeating them because we are unable to think outside the box for too long, always returning to old ideas that are fundamentally bad.

So no, I'd rather not repeat the experience.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Sounds bad, but do you know what? If you hadn't done that, you would never have learned that it's bad. Imagine what you could learn next time.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I fear I might cause the apocalypse if I use my brain like that again. Not joking.

At least brain damage to self is guaranteed. Maybe im the next Stephen Hawking.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So gaming stops being a sport if you challenge someone who doesn't take it seriously? That's what it sounds like you're saying.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Of course.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
Sport: "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

In that case, wouldn't things like gaming and competitive eating be a sport?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
yes.

Edit:: Are they not already?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I hate you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Most people that I talk to will swear up and down that gaming and eating isn't a sport. I guess for me, when it comes to sports, not everyone can be involved in a sport.

Anyone can game (unless they don't have any limbs) and anyone can eat (unless they're dead).

In terms of gaming, I can smack the buttons like an idiot and always come out on top. No skill required. With eating...I, well, eat. No skill required.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well...anyone can be involved in a sport, regardless of whether or not they are good at it. I suck at basketball but I could still participate, couldn't I?

I still don't think gaming is a sport though because it's not physical (unless you count pushing buttons physical but according to that logic, working as an accountant is a physical job).

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

There is absolutely no chance for you to in a competittive gaming tournament or even a single match by simply mashing buttons.

There's a higher chance of a nigerian scam actually not being a scam and you getting the money without participating than winning a single league game of Dota 2

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Although I still disagree with Steve_Greg's overall point, I have to agree with this one, if you can win by button mashing you're not playing against anyone truly competetive (or if he is, then he must be equally oblivious to how the game works).

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Gaming is a hobby and while I know it's all the rage in South Korea and the "athletes" even have their little loli groupies there, I don't consider it a sport.

Can you do it competitively? Yeah, but it's still not a sport. You can do almost anything competitively.

Everyone can play a video game and everyone can eat. There's nothing special about doing either of those things.

How does playing a video game or eating food require physical exertion? I mean even something like throwing a discus or shot-put requires some REAL physical exertion.

Video game? You're sitting on your ass watching blinking lights.

The only challenge is being able to click faster than your opponent.

Eating? You're sitting on your ass shoveling food in your mouth.

The only challenge there is trying not to choke yourself while being a complete fucking pig and keeping your heart from exploding before the other guy beside you.

I don't consider Poker or Chess to be "sports" either. Games? Yes. Do you need skill to win and be good at them? Yes. Still not sports.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

so you have a definition for a category of things... then there's things which fit the definition yet are not in category = they're exceptions.

And I thought my mindset is fucked up.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Could sex be considered a sport? It meets Ford and Steve's criteria.

It is physically exerting. It requires some dedication. You have to be well trained in it if you don't want to cum too fast. Also, you want to last long, that requires stamina. Porn stars are athletes in that way. They compete with each other to make the best film and have the best fuck. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

you got a little off the rails but yes. Sex could be a sport.

Only its not ethical. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Why is sex not ethical? Without it we would all go extinct! Our very survival depends on it

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So in order to keep the sport clean, the competitors shouldn't use condoms?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Let's save the discussion of ethics for another day.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yeah and they have blow job competitions with porn stars. And while those ladies are probably expending a lot more physical energy than the gamer clicking a mouse button, it's still not a fucking sport because every goddamn woman can suck dick.

There's nothing special about it unless it's the woman that happens to be sucking YOUR dick at the time.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
Your views are contradictory, no? Chess requires, although not much, physical exertion - as well as any of those "games" mentioned. Sport is synonymous with game in that as long as it is competitive and requires skill to win, it is a sport. Breathing often does not take skill nor can be competitive - therefore it is not a sport. Eating however, physically tests the capabilities of each party involved and does in fact require skill - as well as being very competitive. These things may not be world-wide sports, nor the most interesting, but they are sports none the less and rightfully so.

Often times, video games require an unnatural amount of mental stability and concentration - as well as involving strategy. Though games such as tic-tac-toe may only require strategy, more complex games may require that people exert energy to achieve a goal *cough football, basketball, fighting*.

What is REAL physical exertion? You can't possibly measure and compare the ratios of physical exertion, skill, and mentality of multiple people and compare each one skill as equal to the other. A boxer cannot be compared to a tennis player if the competition or game is bowling. Neither of them have the correct skills for an advantage over the other - therefore strategy, stability, and a competitive environment are necessary to consider bowling between a fighter and a tennis player a sport.

Anyone can compete at anything, this is true - however you neglect to specify that multiple trials and a degree of (at least) local popularity is needed. Potato sack racing is a sport - because it is competitive, requires skill, and is not only watched by others, but participated in by others - if it were two guys racing all the time it wouldn't be a sport, it'd just be two guys doing something weird that no one cares about. Yet you seem to insist that sport requires "real physical exertion" whilst not being able to measure, comprehend, or explain what the denotation of such a statement is.

So I ask, what is "real" physical exertion? Does it require sweat? If so many people sweat from nervousness without having to move so much more than a few muscles. Does it require movement? If so even the slightest movement is acceptable. Does it require other things? Chess, poker, and video games - name one thing which these do not have in common with football, fighting, and tennis. Surely you must be blind or simply a hypocrite if you believe that whilst the universal definition stares you in the face, these games are not sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Nope not contradictory at all.

I'm well aware stuff like Chess is considered a "sport" and the world is just wrong on that one. Not the first time.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'd say that real physical exertion in regards to sports is when the movement is the point. In football (soccer if you're american), there are rules about how you can touch the ball, where you have to be when you do so and a specific distance between where the ball starts and where you are supposed to plant it by kicking it or slamming your head into it. In games, yeah, you move your fingers, but that's really to achieve the goal of moving whatever it is on screen that you're supposed to move, there is no real effort to make it a physical challenge like the "real sports" do, unless you're talking about something like the Wii.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That makes sense.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

okay, who the fuck keeps bringing up this physical exertion part, i personally do not see it as a relevant criteria in naming something a sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because that's literally what a sport is defined as, lol.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

We bring it up because we see it as a relevant criteria in naming something a sport, you know, we other people with our own opinions that differ from yours.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because it is one of the main arguments for defining a sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

For me, real physical exertion is something that requires you to strengthen and build your muscles for. For gaming, playing chess, and eating, you don't need to strengthen your muscles for it. In football, tennis, and mma, you need to build your body to a level to wear you can actually compete, unlike chess and gaming where you need to build your mind. Competitive eating is neither, at least not from what I have seen. Sure, you can develop tactics that make consuming the food easier, but no physical training is required. I met a guy who has never worked out a day in his life, but he is a competitive eater.

Also, sports like football, tennis, and MMA, also need you to train mentally. A football player has to be able to notice a flaw in the oppositions formations and drill through them, while at the same time working with those around to prevent losing any ground. A tennis player needs to gain control of the playing field and predict and time where the ball will land. An MMA fighter has to be able to anticipate his/her opponents movements and react accordingly, he/she also has to gain the knowledge on how to counter and defend against certain attacks.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
Allow me to provide definitions from a few more sources:

Sport:

"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment" - Google (Sport Definition)

"An athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature..." - Dictionary.com

"A contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other." - Mirriam Webster

"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." - Oxford Dictionary

"An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively." - The Free Dictionary (.com)

"A usually challenging activity undertaken for amusement: "the sport of trying to eat [a bratwurst] with anything fewer than four paper napkins" (Jane Kramer)." - The Free Dictionary (.com)

"SportAccord uses the following criteria, determining that a sport should:

#have an element of competition
#be in no way harmful to any living creature
#not rely on equipment provided by a single supplier (excluding proprietary games such as arena football)
#not rely on any "luck" element specifically designed into the sport" - Wikipedia on the international agreement of the definition of sport

"A game, competition, or similar activity, done for enjoyment or as a job, that takes physical effort and skill and is played or done by following particular rules." - Cambridge Dictionary

"SportAccord uses the following definition of a sport:

The sport proposed should include an element of competition.
The sport should not rely on any element of “luck” specifically integrated into the sport.
The sport should not be judged to pose an undue risk to the health and safety of its athletes or participants.
The sport proposed should in no way be harmful to any living creature.
The sport should not rely on equipment that is provided by a single supplier.

Furthermore,

Applications from martial arts and combat sports will be considered with the greatest care due to the complex nature and relatively minor differences between their activities.
Applications from mind games will only be considered after consultation with the International Mind Sports Association (IMSA).
Applications from sports with limited physical or athletic activity will be carefully considered."

"an activity in which players or teams compete against each other, usually an activity that involves physical effort" - MacMillan Dictionary

"an individual or group activity pursued for exercise or pleasure, often involving the testing of physical capabilities and taking the form of a competitive game such as football, tennis, etc

any particular pastime indulged in for pleasure" - Collins Dictionary

Yet Endmaster assures us all that video games and eating competitions are not sport because ???

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well, if I was insanely and infinitely rich, enough to bend laws and get away with them, and enough to build my own coliseums and put up my own network, there would be a few sports that I would invent and endorse, no matter who bothered to watch.:

Endmaster's baby-throwing, where babies are hurled against a concrete slab with a bullseye painted on it to save us all from rampant overpopulation.

Endmaster's Toddler-Tossing, same thing, but you can't end overpopulation by limiting yourself just to newborns.

Gladiator games, I never understood why they got rid of those...

Extreme Sex.

Team Fortress IRL.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
What's extreme sex?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It's like sex, but extreme.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

My first guess would be having sex while sky diving or something similar.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
Sex over a pit of fire.
Sex on top of a monster truck during a rally.
Sex on a bull.
Sex on Tony Hawk as he does some nice tricks.
Sex with tesla coils.
Sex while bear wrestling.
Sex shooting competition.
Sex billiards.
Sexlympics!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You ever see how they jump across rooms in circuses? They could do that, but naked. When they cross, they guy has to get in at least one more pump than he did the last time before he jumps to the other side.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

using a 20-inch thick and 2-feet long massive vibrating dildo made of iron to anally please self while taking at least 5 "giant"-category penises in all other holes, outdoors,  during a tornado, while running backwards on a skateboard, chased by tigers and a horny horse, on the wrong highway lane at 100 mph while stepping on legos.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's not a sport. That's a movie. Lol.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Maybe movies can be sports too

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Tom Cruise will become the greatest athlete of all time!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Here's one activity.

I tie the girl to a bed/table and attach myself to a zipline suspended 100+ feet from the ground. I zip down, and attempt to enter the drop zone without breaking my penis, or the girl.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'd pay to watch that. You've got yourself an audience!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
Truly worthy of a hall of fame.

Edit:: What if you go flaccid?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Good question! If that happens, you're shit outta luck.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You have to train yourself extensively to avoid that I assume? And you have to be very dedicated about it

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh yeah. Daily masturbation with no lubricant is the best training to ensure a strong penis. Viagra is illegal in this sport though, it's like steroids for your dick, minus the shrinking effect.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And at least one country you can see on your 6th grade geography book must say that what you're doing is a sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Except for Israel, right? Because of the whole "neighbors not seeing it as a country" thing?

Btw, any fictional countries that count, you know, since not existing isn't that much of a hinderance?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Okay, im really bored and not going to research the israel not being recgonized by neighbors shit, but if its real then Israel is not relevant in this matter for me. End of story.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If I remember correctly, Israel was founded sometime during or after World War II and took the territory of a few countries in the area. The day after it was founded, the surrounding Arabian states attacked it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

......and that aids who's point of view?

I am talking about the political situation in the last 24h. Not 1945.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Point being, Israel is hated by it's neighboring nations, which by you definition makes Israel irrelevant. However, if you pay attention to American politics, Israel is one of our greatest allies. Israel can also be credited for maintaining some sort of order in their area, since they have a strong military, good leaders, and they are one of the nations that possess nuclear arms. They are FAR from being irrelevant.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

hated =/= not recognized as independent.

Romania hates Hungary. But still recognizes it's independence.

My info may be outdated, and i really dont believe that israel went that downhill, so I doubt it's not recognized as independent. But if indeed it's not, then sorry Israel, your opinion on the matter means nothing for me.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I can say with certainty that the Arabian states do not recognize Israel as an independent state. They probably see Israel as intruders taking land that does not belong to them.

EDIT: I'm addressing how you say that your neighbors failing to acknowledge your sovereignty disqualify you from being a relevant state. Israel is not acknowledged by its neighbors, but it is one of the most relevant countries in this world. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

This doesn't have anything to do with Israel being downhill, it has to do with angry Arabs not wanting Jews in their "land".

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

you're getting on my nerves, im researching this.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Fuck you, Egypt and Syria recognize Israel. 

So Israel counts as relevant

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Who said that it doesn't count as relevant? 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Danaos

What Defines a Sport?

56 minutes ago

None of Israel's neighbors acknowledge it as a country.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And this makes it not relevant how? 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If what Danaos said was real, then Israel's POV on what is a sport wouldn't mean anything for me, excluding it from  the list of nations I consider relevant in the matter, making any possible activity  that Israel could deem as "sports" not sports in my opinion.

But since we've cleared Israel's political status, let's get back to sports.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

*Points to below posts*

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I guess a simple name and quote wouldn't suffice. Though I was wrong about the "none" part. I forgot that Israel borders Egypt.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Of course not, you fucking asshole.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh wait, I take that back.

The peace between Egypt had nothing to do with Egypt's acknowledgement of Israel being an independent state. Apparently the U.S. had a hand in it, among other reasons.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Can I ask where you found that Syria and Israel are on good terms and recognize Israel. From what I've read, Israel and Syria are butting heads...still.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Israel

Pink means those countries do not count Israel as independent  ("relevant")

look at the map. Syria and Egypt are not pink.

as ive said, being on good terms doesnt matter. Recognition of independence does.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's Jordan, not Syria.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

^^This

And as I've stated before, U.S. intervention goes a long way.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

As long as you're not implying Israel is the 51st state of the US, the US has nothing to do with israel's relevance here.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago
 Syria[19]

Does not accept Israeli passports.[159]

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Syria is purple.

Purple = States that do not formally recognize Israel.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

it's 1 AM.

Do you seriously expect me to basic geography.

dafuq, m8

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Regardless of why a mistake is made, he is bound to point it out, he is debating you after all.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

correct it and get over it already then.  If it would have been the other way around i would have pointed it out and said something like " but anyway, considering you've meant Jordan , bla bla etc" , not just state it like "ooh, you got this tiny thing wrong , your argument must be invalid hehehe gotcha sucker"

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I didn't even realize you meant Jordan until Drako pointed it out...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He didn't, he said "Syria is purple. Purple = States that do not formally recognize Israel."

He didn't rub it in, he didn't even say your argument was invalid, he just corrected you. That was all.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

he said it in a way that made me feel like he rubbed on it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Nah, the map was a bit hard to see.

Anyway, I also forgot that you stated that it has to be recognized by "all" neighboring nations to be relevant. You specifically said "all" nations, but then you changed your argument to just "two."

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

someone gave a example with canada and mexico, which are just 2 nations.

I  didnt change my argument, i just gave an example with 2 ntions.

AND GODDAMIT CYS GET YOUR SHIT RIGHT STOP  TURNING WHAT I TYPE INTO A FUCKING PUZZLE

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That was me, and Canada and Mexico are the only neighboring countries to USA (unless I am mistaken if so I apologize), you however turned that into countries just requiring 2 nations to recognize them.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"But if any country with at least 2 neighbors which are considered relevant suddenly stops being considered relevant by both, then it is ousted from my "relevant nations" list. No, im not keeping a list." - Steve_Greg

You seemed to hold onto this argument when you said that Israel is relevant because Egypt and Syria (though you meant Jordan) recognize it. Thus, you changed your argument. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, or you worded wrong.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I held to it. I didnt change it. I offered an example to show what im talking about. I didnt change it.

The fact that Israel is recognized by only two of it's many more neighbors is a coincidence.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

But you did change it. You originally said that it has to be "all" neighboring nations that recognize it. Then that idea was challenged by the United States, which by the way is a single country since there are no 'independent' states', and you said that at "at least two neighbors" have to recognize you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"As long as it has a government, a flag, an anthem, a history of at least one year and is recognized as independent by all it's neighbors and all other relevant nations in a 100 mile radius on sea, it' a relevant nation."-Steve_Greg

"But if any country with at least 2 neighbors which are considered relevant suddenly stops being considered relevant by both, then it is ousted from my "relevant nations" list. No, im not keeping a list." - Steve_Greg

See how you changed it? It quite clearly went from "all it's neighbors" to "at least 2 neighbors".

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

it seems I may have forgotten adding "relevant" to the middle of the part you first underlined.

I am usually more careful with this shit but...... I have excuses.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That part isn't the contradiction though.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yes it is. Add "relevant" before "neighbors" in the first definition and you'll notice both phrases are actually a definition and an example of said definition aka the same phrase only with different wording.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

? What the hell did you read?

One phrase says "all countries" the other says "at least 2 countries".

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

if  "all countries" is just 2 countries, because let's imagine a country with just 2 neighbors, then THE SECOND PHRASE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE FIRST. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

No, because the second quote says "at least 2 countries", that "at least" means there are more, but 2 is the minimum.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You name a country that has the potential to be relevant yet has less than 2 neighbors.

Swaziland counts Lesotho as neighbor because of political reasons. San Marino is not relevant. Vatican is not relevant. Monaco counts Italy. Hong Kong  and Taiwan are technically irrelevant.Most Pacific ocean nations are irrelevant, although Hawaii is counted as relevant because it's a US state. Go.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Less? Fail to see what that has anything to do with this.

Here's my point again, which you have been dancing around (no, not literally): you said all neighboring countries but accept it's independancy and then you changed it to 2 countries being the minimum for accepting a country as a relevant country.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I WAS THINKING OF YOUR FUCKING AMERICA WITH TWO NEIGHBORS EXAMPLE YOU FUCKING TWAT.

then I realized less than two neighbors would make it irrelevant anyway. I did not change anything. I perpetuated your example, jut imagining what if USA was one state and not 50.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The USA is indeed 50 states. It is a union. However, these states are not sovereign since there is a central government. That's why it's called the United States. One nation, fifty states.

Also, South Korea is very relevant, due to its issue with North Korea.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

South Korea

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

it is technically bordering Japan too.

Actually, North Korea, despite meeting the necessary conditions, is actually LESS relevant. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You do realize that bordering another country means that they are on the same land mass right? Japan borders no countries.

Although North Korea is stupid, it's still relevant.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He did say that for countries not connected to any country because of water has special rules.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Of course, more of his "special rules."

I remember a time when "special" was a good thing.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Do remember again that these are my standards, my views.

And i've noticed quite long ago that my own views on the very same thing can be conflicting themselves multiple times in the same phrase. Yet they wouldn't work otherwise.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I know, I was pointing out how you weren't contradicting yourself and you did actually explain the scenario Danaos was referring to.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Sounds like the Bible...

Yeah...I went there.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Shots fired.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If you had said that "nations with ONLY two neighbors aren't recognized," I think that would have fixed it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That would exclude too many countries that are actually very relevant. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

But you...

Never mind.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Britain owned it as 'Palestine' before it became Israel.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Thank you for that. I knew I was missing something.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Don't say end of story in a debate, that makes it seem like you are not open to other people's points and that is the point of debating. I mean, I'm open for you to convince me that video games are a sport, I'm just waiting for better reasons.

Also, can you tell me why countries need to be recognized by their neighbors as countries to be a relevant country? If Canada and Mexico suddenly said "you know what, fuck USA, that's not a real country" USA would suddenly not be a relevant country?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"end of story" as in "AND THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ISRAEL".

And USA is a special example, being made of 50 states which are counted separately for this matter. But if any country with at least 2 neighbors which are considered relevant suddenly stops being considered relevant by both, then it is ousted from my "relevant nations" list. No, im not keeping a list.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Don't go caps lock either.

Okay, you've explained the whole "countries need to be accepted as relevant countries by neighboring relevant countries to be relevant" thing, but why? Why do they need that?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because otherwise I can claim my hospital bed as a nation and then claim all activities are sports so you'd all be athletes and fuck off already to your sports instead of pestering me at 1 AM on christmas day.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You could make the criteria be a certain number of people, and being active for some time was already a critera so now, according to your definition the hospital bed thing wouldn't work (unless you waited for however long that was).

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

you know you're discussing MY definition of "relevant nation", right?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yeah, that's what I said.

Here is a quote from you "As long as it has a government, a flag, an anthem, a history of at least one year and is recognized as independent by all it's neighbors and all other relevant nations in a 100 mile radius on sea, it' a relevant nation."

See, you say very specifically that it needs to have a history of at least one year. Did you just forget what your own definition of relevant nation" was? If not, why question whether or not I know if that's what I'm discussing or not? I clearly said nothing to indicate that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

you implied the exclusion of one condition. I just as easily excluded yet another one. It's my condition,  anyway.  You're not my boss.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I didn't imply the exclusion of a condition, I questioned it, there is a difference, and are you excluding conditions in your definition now? You didn't really forget we're talking about your definition here, did you?

Also, I am debating your definition, how is that trying to be "your boss"?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

because why else would anyone debate MY POV

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

...That's what debates are for, people with a different point of view discussing them both and the merits of either.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Are you saying that you guys are actually ENJOYING this?

What kind of sick demented psychopaths would... oh, wait, the Internet, right.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It's as if you don't know us.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I don't even know myself lately.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Please quote me on where I said that. I explained what debates are for considering you wondered why someone would debate your pov, which is exactly what debating is for.

Also, I do often enjoy debates, to hear other people's point of views and receive their explanations, to which I represent a rebuttal to get that person to deepen his explanation and then do the same with me.

I know I just said I enjoyed debating, but don't use that as a quote since this message didn't exist prior to you saying "Are you saying that you guys are actually ENJOYING this?", because I want to know what exactly lead you to that conclusion.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

everyone has opinions. But also, everyone should keep their opinions for themselves. Unless someone else wants to hear their opinions.

In that case, if you want to share your opinion, you give it. But if someone simply sees your opinion and says "it's wrong", of course you're gonna get angry. It's your opinion, wrong or right, it;s your human right, as a human being, to have it and just because some random asshat says its wrong, you're not going to change it (unless you realize some stuff is off and change it for any reason), because that's how we work as humans.

So, you wanting to discuss my POV means you gave me instructions. I choose if I accept to carry them on. If I do, I acknowledge you partially as my superior ("boss") , but once i'm done, that stops. And you telling me to change my opinion or simply telling me its wrong is you continuing to ct as my boss, which i no longer comply to. Hence, "YOU'RE NOT MY BOSS"

If you enjoy debates, you enjoy being people's boss. Good luck with that.Not everyone is gonna like it. At least not always. You can tell people what their opinions should be, but you must also realize that some just dont want to change their opinions. And when that happens, you shouldn't push it. And if you do, expect reactions like mine.

the paragraph above started with "if" because  I view this "I enjoy debating" as something more batshit insane than "The Hangover" trilogy.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If no one challenges a belief, it cannot grow.

If someone says my opinion is wrong, I ask why.

No one is telling you how to live your life, nor are we giving you instructions on anything. Someone in charge generally doesn't care what your personal opinion about something is, as long as you get the job done.

Someone who is a boss doesn't debate, they are in charge. All the boss has to say is "I'm right" and you can either quit or eat shit.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You are interested as to why your opinion might be wrong.

I am not.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And this matters why? That was an example of how a challenge to someone's point of view is not an attack to be upset about, regardless of whether you're interested in his opinion or not.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"is not to be upset about"

this is what YOU think. This is what YOU'd do.By saying this, you're SUGGESTING me to do the same. Do I accept?

Fuck no.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You can be upset about whatever you want and I can point out why it's nothing to be upset about because it's not an attack or anything in any hostile way.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And I view that as an insult.

A rational man would ignore petty insults.

I do not prefer to be called rational. Because I view it as an insult too. Standards, m8.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Alright then, challenge my perspective, try that, instead of acting like a victim of someone forcing his opinions on you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're telling me what to do again.

Let's see if you can guess my answer: "YOU'RE NOT MY____"

The first letter is B. The others are a vowel and a double consonant. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

...Are we back to this? The whole "you have to start every sentence with my opinion is"? You remember that thread, right? Everything I say is my opinion, if I tell you to "do something", you are very free not to do so.

In fact, what I was telling you "to do" is tell me what to do, if I'm your boss (seriously stop using that as a strawman), then all I'm telling you to do is be my boss, making us equals, making me not your boss. Even according to your own logic that makes no sense.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"In fact, what I was telling you "to do" is tell me what to do"

Return to topic. *evil grin*

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

See above post, that's me returning to the topic. Also, that was a request, not a command, in fact, I don't issue commands unless I receive clarification that I am a boss or a general or something, until then, what I say is a request.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

command, request, its the exact same thing in this situation.

don't go all dictionary on me, of course their definitions are different, but here, its the EXACT same thing.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're deciding it's the same thing, it's not.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

fine, have them be different.

Now don't complain when i get angry that you misinterpret my POV.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Your only example of that so far was an example that you claim to have supposed to be the same thing, but they are not written as the same thing. Again, that is fine, you miswrote, moving on, but why are you blaming me for reading it wrong when it is written wrong?

Also, if I do misinterpret your point of view, try not to get angry instead, explain what I misunderstood and help me understand it please.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because, the way I see it, it's not written wrong so , from my POV, there's no way someone could have gotten it wrong, yet you (and others) getting it wrong make me feel like you're complete idiots.

I may be wrong, I may be right, who gives a fuck, but right now, I have a very good feeling about my intellect and I view you as no more than illiterate buffoons.Given that this took 3 hours, less on the illiterate part, but still. I cannot help but feel i'm talking to stupid people.

And dont go saying " oh he starts insulting again", ive stated already its my opinion and i'll be soon inserting it in my lovely, smart  butt hole.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

My opinion is that intelligent people tend to be more open for debates because they become so knowledgeable by opening up to other people's opinions and letting theirs grow by receiving and accepting criticism. Keep in mind I started that sentence with "my opinion is".

It is written wrong if it's supposed to mean the exact same the first quote does. They don't mean the same thing. Even if you view them as a reply to my example of America because you put the term "at least" in front of it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So we both think of eachother as complete idiots. That explains why this took 4 hours.

Also our dictionaries hate eachother.

DICTIONARY FIGHT!

MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS WITH AT LEAST 2 INCHES--- ohwait you're female.

MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS WITH AT LEAST 44 INCHES. Wait, you're female....Damn, I dont know other insults..

I said the same thing twice. Even if 2 inches is definitely NOT equal to 44 inches no matter how you take my dick. God, I love my puns.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

No, you're not an idiot, you just get kind of blinded by your own anger. When not you're okay.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

How  can you still claim i'm "okay", I almost feel  insulted by that....

And of course i'm not an idiot, i'm not related to you. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I don't think all idiots are related, for example, George W Bush and Paulie Shore are not related the last time I checked. I never checked to be honest and now I feel a little bad by lying to you. If that's true though it would prove my point, wouldn't it?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Who the fuck is .Paulie Shore. In less than 12 words please.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Paul Montgomery Shore is an American actor, writer, producer, director, and comedian. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

all I want to do now is tell you to go fuck yourself.

Go fuck yourself, Spartacus.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Burn in Hell, motherfucker.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

How rude, coins just gave you the explaination you wanted in 12 words exactly.

*gentleman claps for coins*

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well, he did fail to point out what made Paulie Shore relevant to what I'm saying.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

All he asked was who Paul Shore actually was.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Go fuck yourself already.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

True enough, but he asked it as a reply to what I said, which was a crack at Paulie Shore being a moron.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Almost all comedians are morons.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Since when is coins a comedian

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'm not, you fucking moron.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Thank goodness.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He's known for being quite the moron.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So basically the famous-in-RL version of coins.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Maybe, I don't know coins enough to judge.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

coins is the most infamous troll this site has seen since TSR. Though I'd take coins any day, he grows on you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You are a pestilence.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Hey, that's one of the four horsemen of apocalypse, that's pretty badass.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'm also partially homophobic so  try not to hit on me in public.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I wouldn't touch you with a,

Thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

Dunununna 

You nauseate me, 

Mr. Steve...or Greg

You're really, really pooooor!

You're as cuddly as a Russian,

You're as charming as a Jew,

Mr. Steve...or Greg.

You're a poor gypsy who got his ass hit by the dooooor!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Aww, poetry, for me, why thank you, you're so sweet <3

Oh wait, this is getting too serious, i'll just friendzone you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Time for you to GTFO.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Your ass is so tight.... damn.....

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

.....................POLICE

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Bill, Bass, Butt, Bell, Ball...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I suddenly hate English.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

When you tell someone his opinion is wrong, you're challenging him to reflect on his own opinion and learn more about it in order to respond (unless he just shoots it down), it's very sad you don't realize this because debating can be an extremely educational process when done correctly, which is what I enjoy so much about it (and a lot of people do, so I don't see why it is so batshit insane).

You don't acknowledge someone as your superior in any way by accepting those instructions on your pov, a superior is someone  you work for, someone who tells you to do something and you do it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"When you tell someone his opinion is wrong, you're challenging him to reflect on his own opinion"

I am not competitive.

I refuse the challenge and i will be a fucking rock against the stream because I can.

And accepting someone as superior  is a choice which can be reverted at any point.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Regardless of whether you refuse or not, you referred to the "challenge" (which is not a literal challenge in a competitive way, there are more uses for the word you know) as some sort of an attack or something. I just explained how that is not the case and how greatly you can benefit from it.

And I'm pretty sure the reason you're rejecting the debate now after spending so much time debating is because you realized you lost, in fact, you stopped debating a while ago and started replying with "don't care" messages instead (and again, if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't even make that reply".

Accepting someone as a superior has nothing to do with debating though, since that is very much between equals who can both present their points to one another.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I referred to this "challenge" as an attack because that's how I view it.

Explain all you want. I'll still view it that way and there's nothing you can do to change it.

And I'm not rejecting the debate. I keep spilling out my POV yet its derailed all possible ways. 

And "you realized you've lost", hey, the cavalry hasnt showed up yet.So far this was barely the frontlines clashing and some basic skirmishes.

And the "accepting as superior" thing , please understand. you asked for my pov. I could have said "no". But I have decided to accept your command  aka say "yes boss" and comply. Then I returned to status quo where we're all equal. And you kept acting like you were boss. Which is my no-no.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

How am I acting like I'm the boss? Because I'm debating you? You do understand you're still doing that, right? We're both doing that, we're both explaining our perspectives, but you act like I'm forcing them on you, sorry if you got that impression, but that's far from what I'm doing. We've been equals throughout the entire debate (otherwise it wouldn't be a debate), you've just straw manned it to ridiculous levels like you did last time by acting angry about something that has nothing to do with the argument, and, again, I view this as a sign of you refusing to acknowledge that you've lost the debate despite the fact you have no way to reply in a contributive manner (and if you do, please do so because you haven't in a while).

"I'll still view it that way and there's nothing you can do to change it" that is quite literally rejecting the debate, I can't find any other words for it. For a debate to be truly successful, both individuals have to be open for the other's point, but that is a very clear statement that this is not the case, isn't it?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

"For a debate to be truly successful, both individuals have to be open for the other's point, but that is a very clear statement that this is not the case, isn't it?"

This.

You've won the internet.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Thank you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It increases dick size too.

I can see you all the way from Romania now.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So after like, more than 2 hours, it's finally over?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

nope.

I never said "you won the argument". I said "You won the internet".

aka "you finally got my point"

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Your point was that you were rejecting the debate? Not according to you.

"And I'm not rejecting the debate. I keep spilling out my POV yet its derailed all possible ways. "-Steve_Greg

See?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And you've lost the internet again.

Dude, how can you miss so hard, really, have you seen an eye doctor recently? BECAUSE YOU SHOULD.

And this wasnt sarcasm.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I have no idea what you mean, but this comment does nothing to counteract mine, so I assume you have no comment against it, making mine undisputed.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Allow me to clear it up with your own quote. I will add a word here and there to help it make sense as it gets shorter to the actual part that awarded you the internet.

"For a debate to be truly successful, both individuals have to be open for the other's point, but that is a very clear statement that this is not the case, isn't it?

" both individuals have to be open for the other's point, but that is a very clear statement that this is not the case"

" both individuals have to be open for the other's point, but ... its not the case here"

" Steve won't give up on his POV."

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yeah, I know, and? This won me the internet? Your point was I know you've closed yourself to all opinions but your own? Why haven't more people won the internet then?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because nobody so far took 3 hours to realize it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I realized it a long time ago, I even think I wrote it a long time ago.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're not getting it back, you know.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

IM LAUGHING SO HARD I GOT ANOTHER NOSEBLEED. I  DUNNO WHY.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It's better than anger.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

But maybe one day I'll get you to open your mind to other people's perspectives and profit from the knowledge the entire world can give you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Better hurry.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Patience is a virtue isn't it? I can wait.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yes but you'll be older. And have back pains.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Too bad back pains isn't a virtue :)

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Nope, not  funny.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're still just in an angry mood, you should try to laugh a little before you go to bed (it's really late where you are, isn't it?). It's probably not healthy to go to sleep while still in rage mode.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

its 4  AM  and its christmas day.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Exactly, so maybe you could considering getting calm before you go get some rest. In fact, you seem a lot calmer now.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I still want to run you over in a monster truck while raping a girl with Burzum playing in the background.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You don't mean that. That's just you trying to hold on to that anger. Let go of it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

its not anger, i'm dead serious.

I want to see the giant-ass tires crush every inch of your bones as your blood is  splattered over the ground behind like  a jolly shower of happiness. I want to see the terrror in your bloodshot eyes as your insides are minced and turned into a dusty mass of gore.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You are trying so much to hate, you don't have to and you shouldn't, it becomes easier to go to sleep when you're at peace. I can just see how much effort you're putting into looking like you want that. I still don't believe you though.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

your lack of trust is getting on my nerves.

Again.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I thought you were already angry?

See! I told you. You were just pretending. You don't really hate me.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

This was over the second he began to talk about the relevance of countries.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Wow... I was actually thinking Extreme Sex was going on and on for hours despite horrendous abrasions, multiple ejaculations, and heart failure just to see which couple would last the longest, but... I guess Israel does some extreme fucking too.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

*sighs*

They sure do Sentinel. They sure do.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Steve_Greg, I am very pleasantly surprised. Maybe debates have been like this recently and I just haven't noticed it, but I'm very pleased that you aren't raging and namecalling and such, but you're actually representing your point in a mature way. I just want to say that even though this thread seems like a "everyone disagreeing with Steve_Greg" thing, and it sort of is, when you present your point like this instead of getting angry, it makes your point stronger...I still disagree with you, but you're closer to making your point stick than I've seen you in the past.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

thanks for making me almost choke on skittles. Considering ive spent my christmas minute typing in this thread, I will forever hate it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're telling me, in Iceland Christmas is celebrated on the 24th instead of 25th (no one knows why, so don't ask), so I'm literally spending my Christmas evening on this thread, but I love it. You should relish in the opportunity to debate with multiple people at the same time.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Nevermind, this is unfortunately no longer the case, although he hasn't started namecalling yet so I'm very optimistic there is hope.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're lucky its 3 AM otherwise this thread would have more Steve-produced "FUCK" than New York in a month.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So basically, you're telling me the reason you're not acting quite as immature as you once did (that's not intended to be an insult, if you take it that way, that's your problem, not mine, just like you try to make it my problem when I apparently misunderstand your words) is because you are tired. That's too bad.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Mostly, yes.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

So in conclusion it's been established:

Playing video games is not a sport.
Shoveling food in your mouth is not a sport.
Looking "pretty" is not a sport.
Moving little pieces on a checkered board is not a sport.
Gambling is not a sport
Sucking dick is not a sport.

And Israel is a country, but not a sport.

End of thread.

Yep. The world is wrong and I am right.

#EndMasterLogic.

(Trolling is an art, but it's not a sport.)

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You sure Israel is not a sport?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

no, being massacred by everyone over the centuries is not a sport.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It is if any relevant country decides it is, right?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Ethics be involved.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh, we could go all night arguing what is ethical and what is not, but I'll spare you that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's what you get for killing baby Jesus motherfcukers!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Israel isn't a sport, but surviving as a Jew might be!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

LMAO

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Can't argue with that.

All Israel has to do is make it official and soon we'll get Jewish olympics.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

It's really just a question on which country will host it next.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

China, possibly Ukraine.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Why China? XD

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Because those little Chinese are always up to something.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'd like to participate in the nose throwing and gold hiding competitions. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You'd need a nose job first buddy.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Don't you dare insult the Greekness of my nose, Juden.

<p>http://globaldiscussion.net/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1736-0-38649400-1391131715.jpg</p>

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're nowhere near as Greek as I am.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Shut up Euromutt, wanna measure our Greekness in the bathrrom? 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

AMEEEEEEEEEEERICA THE GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Bacon .

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I don't know, the ancient Greeks valued smaller penises over larger ones...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's cause it's the rare ones that people want :P

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You're so unique, you must be female.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Okay, I'm going to make a personal note not to talk about sports on this site again. Y'all bitches be crazy.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Actually I was going to congratulate you on not only managing to create a reasonable replacement for the lost sports thread we used to have here, but also managing to get Marmotlord to post in it and rage like he did in the last one. (Though Sin helped with that)

And it was just in time for Christmas too!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

A Christmash miracle indeed. Time to bring my fandom rant back? BELIEVE!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Don't make it sound like I meant for all this to happen, he already has enough hate fuel against me with the stuff he makes up.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Wait, I just remembered I hate you.

Fuck you.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

And this is how Christmas was invented guys. Have a nice break!

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

What are your chances of survival again?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

45-70%, but given it's atypical, i'd lower it by 10%. And given it's Romania.... actually dont take country into consideration, it makes it too grim.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh wow, you're practically dead, in that case.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Unless your name is Darryl Dixon, you should probably go hide in a bomb shelter somewhere with a life supply of skittles and cheerios.

Just sayin'

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

What are YOU, a hospital patient, going to do to ME?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He'll give you Ebola.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh come on, you guys are going there?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

As long as the media keeps milking it. I wonder if they can milk Ebola longer than 9/11.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You sure seem unpatriotic. Are you still going for the military career?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

No, I'm to be a pig that hates pigs.

I've already been accepted to a college, and I am going to major in Criminology. My goal is to become a homicide detective.

Then if I can, I'll join a criminal syndicate and/or take over America.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Watch out, we've got a politician over here.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Nice. If I immigrate to the US would you like to start a Greek mafia?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Drako...we MUST do this!

We'll destroy the country and rebuild it as a monarchy, possibly an oligarchy.

EDIT: I'll be like Alexander or Caesar (I know he's Roman) and I'll conquer the country with my brilliance and decisiveness. I will bring all of North America under my banner. Canada, and Mexico will fall to me. Then I will die, possibly due to assassination, and my empire will shatter. Only the strongest will inherit my throne.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The New Hellenistic Period.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That would take place AFTER our collapse thouhg.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Unfortunately, the ones who ignite the great change, and pave the way for it, never get to live to see its true glory.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The ones who get to see the full glory are usually the ones who fuck up and cause the fall :P

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Look, an oligarchy would suck, cause I don't like to share. So, we make it a Dual Monarchy until we I (or you, dunno who strikes first) backstab you. K?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If you kill me, make sure I get shot in the torso multiple times by sniper rounds so I can go out like a badass.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Not how I'd like to go but if that's what you wish.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Actually, now that I think of it, make sure that they aren't so fatal that I can't be carried away to my bedroom where I tell my closest advisors that my heir will be "the strongest."

Unless you have a better idea?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

If I had a better idea I wouldn't tell you. Instead I'd keep it for my way of going out :8

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

A sport is, I believe, scientifically defined as an activity in which one's performance improves as one's physical fitness improves.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Oh yeah, this thread is about sports. I totally forgot.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Drak! Where have you been?

Damn it you missed all the fun.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

On BHB!

I can see that.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I do not concur.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Bowling and Chess are both sports. No one knows what a sport is, except the media. I almost said, "Zionist-controlled media," then thought better of it. I refer you to George Carlin's soft language blathering.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Chess is totally not a sport. It's a game. Which reminds me - you up for one?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

That's actually not true. No, my brother and I are three bottles deep. Not the best chess mind, old chap.

EDIT: Well, then again, I suppose I'd have a try. I assume my atrophied and traumatized brain will prevail, to inject deflection in case I fail.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The conversation between Sin and Steve is sort of fascinating if you look at it from a certain perspective.

Steve is laying there on his death bed, angry at the world and everything because of his sickness, meanwhile Sin is looming nearby telling him to let go of his anger and to get some rest and be at peace.

Almost like he's telling Steve to stop fighting and let go of life.

Even Sin's avatar seems appropriate.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I thought YOU were the god of death.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Well I'm hanging around the thread ain't I?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Maybe it's like Hades and Thanatos, two deities that represent death within the same mythology, but serve a different purpose for it.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I'm sorry, but I have to correct everyone who makes that mistake

*cough*

HADES IS THE UNDERWORLD

PLUTONAS IS THE RULER (GOD) OF THE UNDERWORLD

Damn Latins, bastardising my heathenry. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The dead gather in the underworld, making Hades the keeper of the dead, correct?

And what is Thanatos? Is he not part of this? I don't know greek mythology as well as norse mythology so you'll pardon me.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He's Death itself, while Hades is, like you said, keeper of the dead.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Yeah, I thought as much.

Wait, aren't you supposed to be that troll guy?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

You mean coins? Yes he is. He even said it himself.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Death (Thanatos) is just death humanised. Young looking man picking up people, bring them, well, death. Not really important as a figure.

Hades is just the collection of the underworld where the dead go. If that makes it "the keeper of the dead" to you then so be it, lol.

I think though that by Thanatos you actually mean Xaron, who was the rower. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

He was the reason coins (not the guy, the currency) were placed on the eyes of the dead, wasn't he?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Xaron? Yup. Dunno why he needed the money though since he was always busy moving people.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

The interesting part from my point of view is that this may as well be the last mark of Marmot on this world (which it ain't, you are gonna live faggot)... and it's about raging over Israel's recognition. 

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I see you've contracted Sin, then.  Or do Mexican Gods of Death not do their own soul collection?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Hey even the Death God contracted the Eternal.

Anyway, Sin can enjoy his new trophy.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Thanks, be honest, is it for the series or is it actually for this thread?

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

A little from column A and a little from column B.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Motherfucker.....I AINT GIVIN UP YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, YOU HEAR ME?

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Im turning off the laptop right now.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Good night, sweet prick, and flights of assholes sing thee to thy rest.

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

I don't know, what is love?

Baby don't hurt me...

What Defines a Sport?

9 years ago

Holy shit how did I miss this thread! Ooooh it's like Christmas all over again!