Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A New Story!

9 years ago

So, I decided to make a funny little parody game of superhero movies called "The Epic Adventures of Awesomeman"! In this story, you play as Awesomeman, a dashing muscular parody of Superman, as he must save his city and his love interest before it is destroyed!

This story will have a lot of hilarious death scenes (Like a death where you land on an island of the Amazons and get sexed to death) and a cliche plot like most superhero movies.

A reused story line!

9 years ago

^with a few funny and a few *facepalm* parts basically.

That's the point!

9 years ago

You do realize this is a parody story, not an actual attempt at an original plot, right?

That's the point!

9 years ago

Have you ever done your own plot? I mean, besides those nine page games where everything leads to death.

Now that's just insulting

9 years ago

The Chris Parable had it's own plot, and it had around 30-35 pages. And my old games were 15-20 pages long, not 9!

I wasn't tying to be. Sorry.

9 years ago

Chris parable? Sorry, must have missed that one. I'm pretty sure you did have at least one nine page game.

It's alright

9 years ago

Yeah, but I deleted it (It was a really bad WC satire). Oh, and here's a link to The Chris Parable if you want to read it:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-chris-parable

A New Story!

9 years ago

You AND Malk need to focus on working on a single story either separately or together.

You both have allowed yourself to get distracted with other things like brutalizing warrior cats and while tormenting the little furry bastards is amusing in small doses, you'll never reach the next level if you two don't put out one good story.

So far Malk's Farmer Joe concept has the most potential. I'd advise that you both work on that since hopefully together you'll at least finish something and you seem properly demented enough to provide input on it.

A New Story!

9 years ago

Yeah, another abandoned story, but I swear to God this will be the last one I abandon.

A New Story!

9 years ago

Focus on your Life Sucks story. (With or without Malk's help)

A New Story!

9 years ago

Honestly, I probably can't be of much help.  I have the barest knowledge of scripting, and I'm completely unfamiliar with all that on-page shit. 

A New Story!

9 years ago

If you don't want to co-author it because of that stuff, you don't have to. And it's more using variables rather than using scripting.

A New Story!

9 years ago

I'll still co-author, but I'll only pop-in periodically. 

If you find a scene edited to be a lot more gruesome, it's probably me. XD 

A New Story!

9 years ago

XD Anyway, I'm gonna drop the stoner shit so you get it more, and it'll change to say they're alcoholics.

A New Story!

9 years ago

... I got the stoner shit.

A New Story!

9 years ago

Oh, you meant the on-page variable shit... I thought you meant you didn't get the concepts... Still, stoners seem to be more stupid than I want the characters to be. But the on-page shit is easy to understand, just read this article.