Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

I read some of the storygames today to see people's writing style. While they were all amazing they were also tear jerkers. Would anyone know of an uplifting storygame I'm all meh now. Lol

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Dungeon Stompage. 

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Hint : You'll have to be damned a lot at one point.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Hm. I'd give it a shot

Uplifting?

9 years ago

You may have this :

Uplifting?

9 years ago

That was most hip thing I have seen my whole life.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Yep still hip. Lol. That song is forever in my head.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

This is the only one that popped up when searching the site for 'uplifting'.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Looks interesting. also funny its Indian too.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Both of my games are very uplifting, if you enjoy humor that gets shoved down your throat with the force of a thousand proverbial Black cocks.

If you're looking for Happy-Happy things, you should look in the Love and Dating section and get one of the good endings, but since most of the miserable games are there in the first place, it's a real crapshoot.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

I'll take a look at em. Humor's always good.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Love Sick is pretty uplifting. It's a romance story and you can't die in it.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

That sounds cool. I'll check it out too.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Noooooooooooooo

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Depending on how you look at it, it might be a success story based on Lamar's wishful thinking.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

? Should I be cautious?

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Read the warnings

Uplifting?

9 years ago

You should always be cautious! Lol.

But since you seem okay, I'll go ahead and say I was telling the truth up to a point.

It is true that it's a romance story, you can't die in it and most endings are positive for the protagonist but it depends on the mindset of the reader if they found it uplifting or not.

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Were you being honest about that?

Uplifting?

9 years ago

Idk..some of the most uplifting storygames for me have also been some of the saddest ones (if that makes any sense whatsoever lol), like Through Time and Choice of Robots. But Tin Star is good if you want some quirky humour and light-heartedness (think Rio Bravo).

Uplifting?

9 years ago

That's something I been wondering about. If humor is like a window to the soul. People laugh because most often what they believe as the truth. Would it have the effect to relax people enough to not expect a sad plot?

Uplifting?

9 years ago

I think so. To me, the best stories seem to be those that can make us laugh and cry, because they're so full of truth, as cliched and cheesy as that sounds...ahem. But yeah, laughter is definitely powerful stuff.

In any case, I'd recommend trying out all of those at some point, if you haven't already; they're all great games :) Through Time is on this site, and Tin Star and Choice of Robots are both available on choiceofgames.com, though not for free unfortunately (I'd also recommend Zombie Exodus and Slammed!...and, though I'm personally not a big fan of it, the Heroes Rise trilogy has a lot of uplifting undertones).

Uplifting?

9 years ago

I'll take a look thanks. Sorry for late reply lol. My notification didn't show.