Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Anyone want to be in my storygame?

8 years ago

Voice of a Madman (for those who want to know what story it is, and whether or not you want to be associated with it.)

*Note; for those who've looked at it before, I've completely changed it.

If you want to be in it, then just reply with;

1) appearance (optional but recommended. Keep in mind that this is set in the time where they use horses for transportation, and that it's high fantasy.) 

2) position (servant, general, farmer, merchant, begger, slave, etc.) (optional, but recommended if you don't want a most likely humiliating position)

3) name to be used in the story (names can be as unusual as you wish, as long as there are no numbers in it - there's already a main character named 'Ukwtakun' and another just 'Steven')

4) any preferences you have about it.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Will do.

8 years ago

Had a glance at the story, looks like you're off to an interesting start.

So sure, lemme have a rummage through my fantasy pics folder...

Patricia, a noblewoman's wife. I'd prefer for her to be always plotting evil things.  (my fav pic of Cleopatra there btw)

8 years ago

Noblewoman's wife? Okay.

8 years ago

That was a typo actually...but now I kind of like the idea, yes, let's go with that. As long as she's still the one who does all the backstabbing in the relationship.

Be prepared to have people bitching about how making a lesbian character evil means you're homophobic, though.

8 years ago

Nah, this isn't CoG. She'll probably be fine more or less.

8 years ago

1) Me

2) Dark Lord

3) Mardox Spellfury

4) Don't make me prejudiced or a cannibal, that's all I ask.

8 years ago

I'll try.

8 years ago

Thank you.

8 years ago

5) Ambiguously felinophilic

8 years ago

No,that's lies and slander by jamescoker1226

8 years ago

*Libel

You know you are, Leo. Don't deny it.

8 years ago

Who's Leo?

8 years ago

1. Young girl with icy blue eyes and cinnamon brown hair

2. Merchant

3. Alison

4. keep me female

8 years ago

Blue eyes are always pretty.

8 years ago

1) An average sized male with dark colored hair. Usually a bit dirty and always being cautious about his surroundings. Seen more commonly in his hooded armor.

2) A thief/mercenary always looking to make a few spare coins.

3) His name is Rogelio.

4) He doesn't care who his employer is as long  as he is getting paid.

8 years ago

Sounds good.

8 years ago

I can't wait for the story, good luck!

8 years ago

An abnormally large gerbil who runs away when the player steps by.

8 years ago

My favorite character by far ^^

8 years ago

I have no idea where the inspiration for that character came from. XD

8 years ago

Sounds cool, but I'm ... not sure what character I'd request or what position I'd actually like for them to have. Are there any characters roles you need someone for?

8 years ago

There's no specific role that I need; any that people here don't want to be, then I can just fill in the others. There are going to be many, many characters. The four main ones that you have the option of playing as are a beggar, a queen, a captain of a company in an opposing army to the main character queen, and a slave. Each having choices that effect the other main characters. Of course, for each position, there has to be people like advertisers for the queen, head guards, servants, etc. For the beggar, rival beggars, street urchins, shop owners that scorn or pity him, etc.

8 years ago

Okay, if we can suggest more than one:

A shopkeeper named August Bindle. Stocky older man with a beard turning grey, he has a wooden leg after an injury in a war. A group of street urchins is always stealing things or throwing garbage at his shop knowing there's no way he can move fast enough to catch them, and he despises them enough he'd be happy to pay a beggar a few coins to go and teach them a lesson.

No big deal if you're not able to use something that specific, it's just some random thing that popped in my head.

8 years ago

*searches for the word*

These are basically requests for cameos. I'm not sure how being two people would fit in with that.

8 years ago

Well obviously I never meant that anyone would play the shopkeeper, just that they might be someone the beggar could meet if you ever had them wandering around town and were short on ideas for an encounter.

8 years ago

Never mind actually I'll just tuck that 'getting rid of urchins' idea away as a possible mini-quest in one of my own games, should be good for the 'hired thug' path.

8 years ago

1) long black hair, dark blue eyes, pale skin, tall, lean with some muscle definition, decent female secondary sex characteristics, heart shaped face

2) thief, assassin, warrior or something similar to one of those three, if magic is in the world then maybe something to do with that

3) Lucia Augur

4) keep female please, can be deranged

8 years ago

Cool. Will do.

8 years ago
Sure. Just my SN is fine.

8 years ago

Just to clarify this, since our conversation a little while ago made me feel like I misunderstood something: the player characters are the Queen, the captain, the beggar, and the slave, and what we're coming up with here are basically minor NPCs they might meet, correct?

8 years ago

They may or may not be minor; people like other queens are going to be pretty big figures and hard to be 'minor' parts of the story. Or if anyone decides to be a platoon leader (someone who's directly below company captain in ranking and commands 16-40 of the soldiers within a company), which would also be hard to be a minor character.

But yes, those are the main players.

8 years ago

1) Tall and noble looking man with piercing green eyes and a gruesome scar on his left cheek. He has short black and curly hair and he gives an aura of fear to those around him. Always wears a long dark cloak, and a half-plate armor with his nations emblem (or crest) upon it.  

2) General

3) Erost Al Taurion

4) Make him a battle-worn (war veteran) male in his thirties. 

8 years ago

Sounds good.

8 years ago

Okay, did I miss anyone? I think I have all the requests down;

Betaband (Ezra), Mizal (Patricia), Mardox (Mardox Spellfury), AthenaT (Alison), Zomby (Rogelio), Malkalack, NightBirdBlue (Lucia Augur), and Penworth (Erost Al Taurion).

8 years ago

You forgot the giant gerbil. Nevermind I see it.

8 years ago

The gerbil should bear a striking similarity to a capybara.

8 years ago

Look down.

8 years ago

1. Black-furred wolf standing on two legs wearing a black robe, occasionally carrying a white gun known as Dubstepy

2. Deity (Wolf God, to be exact)

3. The Wolf God

4. The Wolf God can be mentioned in the story (a shit load of villagers talking to you about him, maybe?) as a mysterious canine deity that has helped several kingdoms from afar, but brought many to their untimely deaths. He is unpredictable with his moves- one day growing a large kingdom, the next day tearing it down. Many fear him, but some spend their lives trying to find his exact location, though the majority of those explorers either go insane or die of falling, struck by a lightning bolt, and the like.