Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Hello:

I am new to the site.  I had discovered it when one of my streaming friends were doing a choose your own adventure on his stream and I had to check out the site and I am loving it.  I also am attempting to create my own story.  But I am running into difficulties. I have read through writing 101 but I guess I am not understanding how to set up the links.  If someone could give be advice or point me to the write direction on where I could find more information regarding the links I would be greatly appreciative.

I did create two of the three links for my first page and even though I have tried to put the "ending" in I can't seem to get the ending to pull up and it also appears the ending is space limited?  So am I doing something wrong??

Thank you for your time.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Welcome.

You seem to have some misconceptions. First of all, this isn't a "space limitation" on any of the pages. Second, what do you mean by saying you don't understand how to "set up" the links? You said you created some, but what else, exactly, are you trying to do with them if you already understand how to make them?

Further more, are you using the advanced editor or the basic one? And ... if you're ending it after less than a week of work, it might be too short. Also, if you haven't double-checked your punctuation, spelling, exc, and you still don't understand the editor well, then don't worry about posting at all right now.

I'd give you more info on links, but I honestly don't know what it is that you don't understand--that said, if it's necessary, you can add me as a co-author and show me the problem instead.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Thanks.. I did figure it out. Hopefully i remember tonight. sorry if i was being confusing. like i said i am new to this site.  i kept creating a link but wasn't going to a new page and couldnt figure out how to get to a new page.  but i did figure it out!!!! Thank you.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Good for you.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

OK, my problem is I've been working on a storygame for a while now, when I first made it, I didn't know what kind of story it was gonna be, so I toyed around with a few ideas and it's been coming along nicely once I figured out what I wanted to do, but since I didn't know what I was gonna be doing at first, I didn't set the difficulty or the length or even the genre and I don't know how to set it now that I've already starting working on it. Does anyone have any tips on how I can set them so the readers know what kind of story to expect when I publish it?

I am new and need help

8 years ago
When you are editing your story, click on "Storygame Properties" at the top left. That will load a page that will let you edit all those things.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Thank you!

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Some things like "length" are set -for- you. The site determines what the length is rated as when the game is published. Also, when you go to publish, the game will run you through a final check of sorts to let you determine those kinds of things.

I am new and need help

8 years ago
I'm not sure what, exactly, you're having trouble with, so I'll try and write a few simple instructions:

To create a link from page 1 to page 2, you first need to create both page 1 and page 2. Once both pages are created (yes, there are other ways to do this, but this is the simplest), then you can create the link from page 1 to page 2 by clicking on the "Add Link" button and selecting Page 2 from the list. You can repeat this as often as you need.

As for the ending, the process is almost the same -- on your very last page (or any page leading to the ending), simply click on the "Add Link" button. A window will pop up and you just select the option for "End game and leave comments." Click the okay button and you're done, you don't have to do anything else, the game engine will do the rest.

Hopefully that helps?

I am new and need help

8 years ago

You can also click the "Add Link to New Page" option and it'll create the new page for you, as well as the link. Convinient!

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Welcome!. Make sure you turn in 47% of your earnings here. This my turf!

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Hush, child. We refuse to play games.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

You will play games at my demand!

I am new and need help

8 years ago

No. We don't take commands from wannabe gangsters.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

That's Gangsta wolf geek

I am new and need help

8 years ago

You know "geek" is actually a good thing to say in the 21st century? It only means that I've a large understanding and knowledge on a specific topic.

So, thanks.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

I thought that was nerds. Or is nerd and geek the same thing?........What if Haitian and Black are the same thing...? :- o

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Still debating on that (the nerd-geek thing). I'm sure it's the same, though. Still, both are compliments nowadays.

I am new and need help

8 years ago

Welcome to the site BTW  :)