Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Windows 10

8 years ago

One of the worst misclicks I've made.  Layout's a lot cooler than Windows 7, but that hardly covers for the terrible threading and half-baked compatibility modes....

Windows 10

8 years ago

I thought it was a generally accepted idea that you shouldn't upgrade to the newest Windows product until after it's been out at least a year.

Windows 10

8 years ago

They have incessant pop-ups.  If you misclick on the taskbar at the bottom for volume or whatever, the pop-up comes and...well, let's say my hand slipped.  :L

I honestly believe whoever supported Windows 8 is a bigot.  There was no reason to depart from something that was never broken.

Windows 10

8 years ago
Eh, it isn't that bad. It's broke a few things for me, but it's usable.

Windows 10

8 years ago

I'm so sorry.

...I hear it's better than 8? I mean, I realize that is damning it with faint, faint praise. >_<

Windows 10

8 years ago

They removed the cluttered tile mode, which is incredible, but they still need to improve on the streamlining.  By far a lot easier to use, if not a little too simple.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Anything higher than 7 is a travesty. I'll be using it for as long as they still make them.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Heh. I said that about XP. Sadly, it's not actually practical to postpone upgrading indefinitely.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Speak for yourself. I'm still running Windows 3.1.

Windows 10

8 years ago
1992. Ah, the memories.

Windows 10

8 years ago

This inexplicably terrifies me.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Obviously urnam0 has invented time travel and is speaking to us from the past.

Windows 10

8 years ago

...ahhh, the good old days. XD

Windows 10

8 years ago

I made the mistake of selecting Windows 10 on a gaming rig my family got.

Not compatible with most games on Steam. Guess I'm going to be playing Nosgoth for a long while.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Warframe you bloodsucking heathen!

Windows 10

8 years ago

At least Nosgoth doesn't tailor to filthy CONSOLE PEASANTS!!!!!!111oneone!!11!!

Windows 10

8 years ago

Discrimination's not so bad.  :L

Windows 10

8 years ago

I'm typeing to you from a  PlayStation4 since i game alot and i find that its more enjoyable to game on a console mal .

Windows 10

8 years ago

Shameful. 

Windows 10

8 years ago

How could you willingly be inferior? How is it at all more enjoyable to use a microwave? NAY! It's a fucking toaster.

Windows 10

8 years ago
It is inspiring me to switch more computers over to Linux.

Windows 10

8 years ago
If I could, I would switch all of mine.  It's a cryin' shame that some of my shop software is incompatible with Wine.

Windows 10

8 years ago
That is a shame. Tell the developers of Wine, I'm sure they can fix it...

Windows 10

8 years ago

Doesn't seem that bad.

Windows 10

8 years ago

I heard from a friend of mine that it's bad, so I don't think I'll get it anytime soon. One thing that sucks is the fact that the new Fable game is a Windows 10 exclusive... But after farking Fable 3, I don't suspect it to be any good.
(Also, I'm back)

Windows 10

8 years ago

Welcome back Chris! We missed ye!

Windows 10

8 years ago

It's becoming a Diablo-clone trend.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Oh screw that, I'll just replay the original. *grumbles about how much Fable 3 sucked and how much Fable Legends will suck*

Windows 10

8 years ago

I've had it for a little more than a week and it has crashed once, so that was frustrating. However, crash-aside, I think it's probably the best OS I've ever used.

Windows 10

8 years ago
Interesting, why is that?

Personally i'd reccommend people not switch. Not for hipster reasons, but windows 10 will (and does) have lots of issues, especially when it comes to supporting older software. Though as a general rule you shoild aways wait a few years after the initial release of these things before signing up anyway.

Windows 10

8 years ago

I haven't run into any compatibility issues but I haven't tried it with too many different programs. I also recommend people not switch because I think that most people really hate change, and if I'm the one that recommends switching, then inevitably, I'll be the guy that they endlessly harass for explanations. However, the OS itself is sleek, fast and incredibly well organized. It's taken the best parts of Windows 7 and the best parts of Windows 8.1 and I'm really impressed by that. There are tons of little features and improvements, and it runs well.

Furthermore, it looks stunning.

Windows 10

8 years ago
True, but the $100+ worth of games I have on steam and in disk form won't work on it, and I'm not going to pay more money for a Windows 10 compatible version or go through the trouble and hours-long-struggle it takes to get an emulator to actually work without looking like shit. But that's just gamer probs, it probably goes fine when using programs for productive things, like Word.

Windows 10

8 years ago

*Microsoft-backed products.  I've been having trouble with iTunes as of late.

Windows 10

8 years ago

I actually find it a little too streamlined for my tastes, actually.  There's tonnes of hidden options, tabs, and other important information that have to be opened by a little arrow or some other link.  Makes accessibility to code and a few other aspects a hassle to find, let alone access and modify ("tampering", they call it).

Then again, it feels to me the entire OS is likened to an app on the app store.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Really? Can you provide an example of some of those little arrows? Which screens? I haven't noticed anything like that.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Ctrl + Shift + Escape

The processes are hidden by an arrow.

Some folders are rendered inaccessible when I'm trying to manipulate scripts on Steam games and the like.  Then again, the programs designed to make them tangible aren't fully updated, so that's a given...

Also, for laptops, type-to-click delay is default, like Windows 8.  One of the most irritating options to change for trackpad-primary users as the title is incredibly misleading when trying to search for such an option.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Ah! Yeah, that's hidden by an arrow but once you expand it once, it stays permanently expanded, so I don't really think it's a big deal.

"Some folders are rendered inaccessible when I'm trying to manipulate scripts on Steam games and the like.  Then again, the programs designed to make them tangible aren't fully updated, so that's a given..."

Hopefully this gets worked out!

I had never heard of type-to-click delay but it doesn't sound like it's unique to Windows 10 and should influence someone from switching from 8 to 10.

In general, it seems like the negatives are outweighed by the positives, but maybe that changes if you're doing Steam scripts.

Windows 10

8 years ago

we've got to update someday . . . hopefully to Windows 7-2! ^.^

Windows 10

8 years ago

I share your pain, bro. I wish I stayed with Windows 9...

Windows 10

8 years ago

Windows 9 doesn't exist though...

OH IT WAS A JOKE.

Windows 10

8 years ago

:D

Windows 10

8 years ago
You're back! :3

Windows 10

8 years ago

I was only gone for 20 or so days, so there's no need to say "you're back!" XD But yes, I am. 

Windows 10

8 years ago

Delta...NSFW MAN.  NSFW!

Windows 10

8 years ago

I know, bro. NSFW. :P

Windows 10

8 years ago

Change it then :L

Windows 10

8 years ago

When I remember our conversation XD 

Windows 10

8 years ago
Where? WHERE? Can I see?
Is it that tiny bit of boob I see in that profile pic because that's not at all nsfw

Windows 10

8 years ago

Depends, really.

Windows 10

8 years ago
oh my god Brad
do not provocate sexually frustrated teenage boys

Windows 10

8 years ago

It's has something to do with Warframe and Steam XD 

Windows 10

8 years ago

That wasn't the original photo.

Windows 10

8 years ago
I know, I saw it
And Brad's too... It was probably worse

Windows 10

8 years ago

Oh, come on. I didn't even use the full image.

Windows 10

8 years ago
I repeat: do not provocate sexually frustrated teenage boys

Windows 10

8 years ago

In his case, it's never the full photo.

Windows 10

8 years ago
*cough * sauce? * cough*

Windows 10

8 years ago

Just... just Google "Sona and Ahri".

Windows 10

8 years ago

coughnotyouragerangecoughhowdoyouknowthisyouresupposedtobegettinghighereducation

Windows 10

8 years ago

There are no excuses, I know.

Windows 10

8 years ago

Not upgrading with any Win 7 build, although I immediately fled my 8.1 laptop for it.

Windows 10

8 years ago

I got out a spare hard drive to give it a go; it won't even install. :/

Windows 10

8 years ago
How many Goats did you sacrifice? Try a few more. Or contact support. Your choice I guess.