Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

Everywhere I go on this site ( this problem just now occuring) there is blue text that, when the curser is on it, a link to an ad will apear. Now this is even in the story games including the ones that I have  written myself. I do not know if if this is the same for everyone, but I find this annoying.

I did not know if this post was suitable here but I figured it could. 

Let me know if this is a problem that is for you guys too!

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

There are no adds on this Site, you have Adware on your end doing that (perhaps installed in a Virus or the like).

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

Dammit, Bo!

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

I am not good with computers, how do I get rid of it?

Unwanted ads

8 years ago
Not sure if it's what you have, but you can try this.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

Get Adblock.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

Getting adblock to fix adware would be like putting a bandaid on a fungal infection.

He needs to remove the adware. There are no ads on CYS, so there's something infecting his computer.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago
Download the following: This Choose the free one. Run it, and it should get rid of whatever is wrong. So long as what you have isn't crazy bad.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

Please put a link, if you did it with a word it just shows an ad. It only does it on this site! This is a killer to me.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

I think I fixed it. Yeah, it was ad ware alright. I looked up how to get rid of it and it was an extension not a virus thankfully. I thank you all for your help. I realy thought this would be the death of me.

Unwanted ads

8 years ago
What was the extension called?

Unwanted ads

8 years ago

It was some pogo site.