Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Being New, or the Love of the Storygame

8 years ago

Hello, lads and gentle ladies. Please, take your seats.

My name is Kob, and I'm new here. I came to this site, as I'm sure most of you did, seeking a creative community that loved crafting stories in which the reader has the power. It seems I have found that community.

I'm going to spend most of my time on this site playing through the games that you all have so delicately (or is some cases, ham-fistedly) put onto digital paper, and doing my best to leave constructive and helpful criticism. After I've had my fill of reading, maybe I'll try writing. You'll just have to wait and find out...

In any case, I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to becoming an active member in this community. 

8 years ago

If you're looking for more sites like this, check out Infinite Story and Choice of Games. Also Choose Your Own Adventure (http://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Main_Page), but I'm not sure how social that place is. You should get along fine here. If you're looking for some good stories, just read anything EndMaster has published.

Also, if you like Ginger Biscuits, please keep those abominations away from me. Everytime I have to face the disgusting things because my family somehow thinks I like them, a little bit of my humanity escapses. I'm traumatized.

8 years ago

Thank you very much, Madbrad! How'd you know GIFs of bears doing human things are my favorite thing on the Internet?

I can't say that I've ever had a ginger biscuit, might be a regional thing. In any case, I'll avoid them like I do my own family's grotesque concoctions. Thank you for the links!

8 years ago

You never had any humanity to begin with, you filthy vegetable! *Flings ginger Biscuits*

8 years ago

Gah! *flaps them out of the way*. *sigh*, I guess it makes sense for a dirty penguin like yourself to have such abominations at hand.

One of these days, I will hire a Leopard Seal to hunt you down and place you in a 6 foot hole. 

8 years ago

8 years ago

...Ginger snaps aren't that bad...

8 years ago

Aren't that bad!? Are you Satan? Ginger Snaps deserve to be burned in a fire, placed in acid, and then forced to be placed in a US prision cell (Said cells are worse than a grave in Colombia). They taste horrid.

8 years ago

My grandmother's ginger snaps are great. Dare I say: Better than Reese's cups?

8 years ago

Welcome to the site. If you need any of the unspoken rules to be spoken, just pick a number, and I'll recite it.

Don't accept any Strawberry pudding, if it's offered.

8 years ago

8 years ago

RULE NUMBER 37*:

No shooting. Violators will be trespassed.

*I don't think this translated very well from the original Hebrew writings.

8 years ago

Those darn Dead Sea Forum Posts, unreliable as ever.

Also, I really don't want to be trespassed, whatever the hell that means.

8 years ago

It probably means that the Admins come over and egg your house, I guess.

8 years ago
Hello and welcome to our lovely little corner of the internets! Since no one cares about my tea anymore, I don't think I should offer it; instead, Strawberry Pudding! Care for that? — pardon my out of breath. The giant snake population is out of control.

8 years ago

No pudding for me, thanks. I have this friend named Patrick that might be able to help with your snake problem, though. He actually just got a sainthood for something like that, I think.

8 years ago

The first introduction thread you've posted on in months and this is the one you choose!?... 

8 years ago

I feel so special.

8 years ago
No. I've posted in welcome threads here and there — okay, less here or there than I recall... Only when I absolutely think it's necessary though, or to be sure I'm still alive. It's off and on. A story stretching several weeks might I say.

8 years ago

Welcome.

8 years ago

Pleased to meet you, Kob. (Can't help thinking of Inception.) I'm Kiel, to most folks here. (Capt. Kiel if you go by my RP persona.)

This is definitely my favorite site for CYOA games online, though Brad provided you with a couple others I've dabbled in. If you would like to practice your writing before publishing, I'm hosting writing exercises Monday through Friday right now. Open door policy, so you can jump in as you please, but if you wanna be added to the score list and join formally, you have to ask.

Aside from all that, if you haven't read the Help and Info section's articles, I strongly encourage checking them out. They're very informative. And if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask on the forums, the community's pretty great about pitching in.

8 years ago

Welcome back~

8 years ago
Welcome to the site!

If you're given a choice, avoid the sporks and always vote Strawberry Putin.

8 years ago
Kind of late to say hi, but welcome aboard.

I hope one day, you'll find an inspiration to create your own imaginery world, which you can convert into a story.

8 years ago

" crafting stories in which the reader has the power"

Let me have that as a quote for my profile please.

Aside from that, hello hello newbie.

8 years ago
Welcome.

8 years ago

Oh, ohhh... Das a very extensive vocabulary.

Nonetheless, welcome to our little corner of the web! So long as you have a dark sense of humor and you tell the strawberry pudding to go fuck itself, you and I will get along swimmingly.

8 years ago
"...tell the strawberry pudding to go fuck itself..." - TheDickReviewer

8 years ago

Will take note that you are only a game player...*scribble scribble*

But anyways, glad to see you! We hope you have a terrific stay here, and shoot me a line anytime if you are confused about something. Anything other than that can probably be answered by BradinDvorak or Kiel_Farren. Have a great time!

8 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay :D