Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fantasy RPG Classes -- Your Favorite Build?

8 years ago
As you know, there are three base classes for most fantasy RPG games.

1) Warrior
2) Rogue/Thief
3) Mage

In RPG games, I tend to be a rogue-based character. Why? Because it reflects my personality and skills in real life as well. Also, I prefer agility over strength.

I like dark or shadow based magic. But no, I don't use necromancy that much.

From all the three classes, which one is your favorite? For me, it's the rogue obviously.

But if I want to be more specialized, I tend to be a "Nightblade" type of build in fantasy video games that allow me to do that.

For everyone that hasn't check this fantasy RPG class test:

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-fantasy-rpg-class-test

8 years ago

What about the Cleric/Priest/Healer class?

8 years ago
Yeah, there is a priest class in various RPG games. But mostly, the base classes are warrior, rogue, and mage in the fantasy games I played.

8 years ago
As DM (or GM, if you prefer) I was able to play my favored character ... a chaotic evil priest/cleric.  I enjoyed being able to cast the dark spells and devise devious ways of twisting the good spells to my evil purposes.  Mwahahaha!

8 years ago

If given the chance, I like to play a character that's a blend of rogue and mage, such as a monk. I can be all badassey and stealthy and shoot magic out of my hands and have an attack called "Drunken Monkey." 

8 years ago

You fool! "Drunken Monkey" isn't an attack. It's an entire combat discipline.

8 years ago

As someone trained in Martial Arts via Sensei Sleeping Dogs, I can confirm. Though it does look a tad silly.

8 years ago

It's supposed to. The fluid, acrobatic nature of the art is supposed to misdirect the enemy's attention so that they can't block your attacks.

8 years ago

Ah, so that's where my sister learned how to fight. I've always wondered how she could knock someone out with a twig...

8 years ago

The class that I really feel like fits my own personality is the monk. Unarmed combat with no weapons other than your own body, one that is as powerful as the effort you put into training it. That personality rings true in almost everything, from fighting, to reading and writing. 

For video games of any kind, I'm usually playing as the classic tank or warrior. Nothing too complicated. Deal damage, take damage, and make sure the enemy doesn't reach your backlines! :P

For writing and stories however, I've always appealed to writing about more agile warriors or even less combat based classes, such as a trickster or bard.

8 years ago
I have the tendency to play dirty in certain situations, even if I'm already good at that particular thing. But I usually play dirty if I feel it's necessary.

There's nothing wrong with being sneaky and backstabbing rather than being open. It's not cowardice, but smart and cunning. Based on my experiences IRL, the way you think and your reflex matter more in conflicts rather than strength.

I might make a storygame that has a protagonist based on my personality and preference in RPGs, just like Kiel Farren's Sky Pirate storygame.

8 years ago

You have had no "experience IRL". 

8 years ago
Malk, you can't see what the hell I'm up to and doing in real life. You can only predict, and that's your prediction.

I believe you're just trying to make yourself feel better.

8 years ago

As someone who has actually been in some fights. Size and strength are really important. I myself have no martial arts training and have been able to completely take down more "skilled" opponents (one black belt in karate) just by over powering them. There is basically no time to think in a real fight.

8 years ago

^This, verily. Which is why strength and skill can truly fuck someone up, which is why all the late-life-joining teenagers lose karate tournaments, because they're afraid of hitting all the little kids.

8 years ago

I completely agree. There's no time in an actual serious fight to have to position yourself to strike at someone's weak points. It's far quicker and more likely to succeed if someone just knocks you on the side of the head. I do have some martial arts training in taek but I learned quickly that most martial arts aren't used for self defense (because realistically, how likely are you to get a kick to someone's head or even side without them knocking you to the ground before you can do so, even if it's incredibly powerful).

If you are so clever, you'd be better off backing off slowly and glacing around for anything you could use to your advantage, any friends of theirs which would definitely overwhelm you by yourself, or even better, any ways to gtfo. Lol but seriously, fighting dirty does have its advantages I guess? Even if you only have a water bottle, you could open it and throw it at them to give you a few seconds to run away. But if they catch you then I guess you're dead meat.

8 years ago

I dunno, sounds like you've been 'fighting' kids your age (11-14). I know some actual martial artists and their knowledge is so ingrained that they can get into pose and strike several times faster than I can move. Depends on the practitioner and the practice. In every situation I'd bet on the 5"7 Shukokai karate instructor I know over the 6"3 giant in my class. Of course, skill is only useful if you're trained correctly, and most kids who know karate (even as a black belt) know it as a show-art rather than a practical one, so I don't exactly agree with that sentiment.

That said, in high-school and lower situations size totally matters haha. Agility doesn't matter if you get clocked in the face just once or even grabbed at by the shoulder, and there's really no good defense against someone muscling you down to the ground with his weight. So don't mess with guys bigger (not necessarily taller) than you unless you're willing to nut-shot or really are solid at a practical combat-sport.

8 years ago

The thing about combat sports, though, isn't the ingrained knowledge of the martial arts, it's the training they go through to be able to pull off stunts like fast strikes and such effectively. I could have all the muscle memory and skills of a fifth degree MMA black belt, and having all the muscular build of a phalangium opilio, I wouldn't be able to do very much with it. Martial arts training is for increasing your strength and other abilities to be able to use it effectively. Essentially, they train you to be just as strong and durable as the bigger guys, but with a different size and build.

8 years ago

Well, I mean, yeah. A 7 year old isn't gonna be able to do much damage no matter how much training he gets. A fully-matured adult nearly always can haha. The instructor I know is middle-aged and has a slight paunch belly, and the giant isn't a fatass, but the instructor knows enough and his body is standard enough that he can land finishing hit in seconds, right before the giant could rush him. Size doesn't always matter unless you're like, anemic or a midget haha (or I guess not physically mature anyway).

8 years ago

That wasn't quite the point I was trying to make. The general consensus seemed to be that a big, tough dude could effectively override someone's intelligence and technique with brute force. My point was that martial arts isn't ncessarily about that, but rather being able to deliver equal amounts of force in a different package than the straigghtforward huge dude.

8 years ago

Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to compensate for physical inadequacy by saying "speed and reflexes r more important guise; look at my spooper tactics". I'm not trying to make myself "feel better"; I'm openly mocking you, but it's almost too easy at this point. 

I hope you never get in a fight if you're this stupid; it would end with your guts becoming a skipping rope. 

If you truly believe your own bollocks, I challenge you to go up and fight someone with inches and pounds on you - see how it goes, Mr. Speed and Tactics. 

8 years ago

I'd like to point out that speed is very important in fighting. "Tactics" and "Trickery" though, in a one-on-one fight, isn't very handy unless there are a lot of foreign objects and practical joke kits lying around. Fighting is like improv comedy- You don't fucking have time to think shit out. Clever trickery and "strategy" is a Wushu movie gag. Sure, you might be able to come up with somewhat clever ways to fight dirty on the fly, but, just like improv, only people with mental health difficulties and/or focus issues can be spontaneous enough to kill a bull moose with gardening tools... Unless they're about as badass as the bull moose, but no human has ever achieved that level of shit.

I forgot where I was going with the improv comedy thing. Probably some shit about how not everyone can be Jonathan Winters or something.

8 years ago
*sigh* I've been into problems and shits before, and my strength was weak compared to them. That's why I play dirty and use any means of necessary to scare them off. Plus, when I'm getting cornered with more than one guy, their strengths are combined and unless I'm really strong, I won't be able to break off.

I just don't want to show the community much about myself.

8 years ago

Suuuuuuure you have. You prolly also have advanced training with the katana. 

8 years ago

Came back to a slightly amusing thread on fighting and I have to say; they kind of have a point.

Speed and skill or wits and improvisation are clichès that work well on paper or media. But when it comes to a fight with a guy bigger and stronger than you, none of it matters. I really do believe the most valuable trait in a real fight (besides the ability to run away of course!) is pain tolerance. No matter how much "skill" you have, none of it matters once you take a hit that leaves you dazed and feeling like you just got hit by a train. Shaking off hits I feel like, is much more important than your ability to improvise with two glass bottles and a garden plant.

Considering myself, not much "real" fighting experience, besides lots of horse-playing with uncles and friends. But if you've never taken a hit before, don't expect to be able to stand up to that big bad bully two grades your senior, no matter how many "special/secret techniques" your dojo master has taught you.

8 years ago

Liar liar pants on fire.

8 years ago

"I might make a storygame that has a protagonist based on my personality and preference in RPGs, just like Kiel Farren's Sky Pirate storygame."

O_o Whoa, wait, what? No. First of all, Kiel the RP character, is nothing like me in terms of personality. We both had a pretty shitty childhood, but his response to it was the polar opposite of mine and that fact defines him in his game. He's also a skirt-chaser, which I have never been, and prefers short-term flings over commitment and long-term, close friendship / love. (Again, the polar opposite of me.) He also (usually) believes he's totally justified in whatever he does to other people, whereas I have an over-active guilt complex.  

As for my preference in RPGs, I almost always avoid swords and guns, Kiel's primary weapons. I prefer daggers and katars. He has an entire crew of pirates at his disposal, which he'll throw at an enemy without thought, and I prefer to go solo or defend others. The rare times that he's leaned toward supernatural powers, it's been technopathy/kinesis, which I find very cool, but I'd never pick that for myself in a fantasy setting. Kiel's role in RPs is normally as a bad guy, a villain. Often a sympathetic one, sure, but a villain nonetheless. Even if I saw myself that way, I'd still be spouting "even evil has standards" every other scene at him.

8 years ago
Of course it won't be like myself 100%. There are differences -- just reflecting my character, just like Mardox did. But of course I won't act like him in the forums or real life.

8 years ago

If you were to act like Mardox in real life, you'd be thrown into a mental hospital.

8 years ago

Speaking of, I haven't seen Mardy in a while(at least here), is he on your forum?

8 years ago

Nah, he's gone. Haven't heard from him in over a month.

8 years ago

He was banned.

8 years ago

Yeah, so it makes sense he'd abandon anything CYS related.

8 years ago

Nothing to see here. (Someone delete this post)

8 years ago

Banned from CYStia, became an admin over at EotWG, abused his powers, stripped of his powers, decided to break himself apart from any CYStian contact.

8 years ago

Might I occupy his job as a admin at EotWG?

8 years ago

You need to prove that you're ready to become an administrator. Although I disliked Mardox, he was actually a pretty good admin for the first few months.

8 years ago

I'll try to see how my schedule turns up to see if I have enough time.

8 years ago

Yeah, being an admin requires you to have time on your hands.

8 years ago

Could you give me a link to the site, I forgot to save it on my phone.

?

8 years ago

8 years ago

Why was he banned, may I ask? I remember Mardox was pretty cool when I was here.

8 years ago

Made a fake account encouraging people to rebel against the mods.

8 years ago

To rebel against the mods? How would that even go down?

8 years ago

I don't know, it's like that Ryder kid and his "Ultimate Revenge Game": a minor nuisance in the mods' eyes.

8 years ago

Where can I read this story? :o Last I heard, it was still in the works.

8 years ago

Kiel has a shirty childhood. He becomes some sort of doctor.

Ryder has a shitty childhood. He sexes a cat.

8 years ago

Warriors everywhere.  Especially fun to play an entire party of paladins that constantly heal and buff one another before whaling on whatever poor soul's in the way.

8 years ago

Warrior FTW. One reason that I prefer the warrior class is that it reflects my personality; I'm loud, brash, stupid and I just wanna fuck shit up. Another reason is because of how simple a warrior is; they use swords and other melee weapons, that's it. No fucking staves or spells or whatever, just brute strength.

After taking the quiz, I got the Odin Warrior and have 62% Strength (Look at these mofuckin' guns!), 25% Bloodlust, 20% Intelligence, 22% Spirit, 33% Vitality, and 18% Agility. Pretty fun little quiz, and it's pretty great that I found it at this time because I was thinking about writing a fantasy story and the quiz's plot sort of inspired me.

8 years ago

Took the quiz, and I got Dragon master. The role seems quite fitting for me. I like the idea of not having to brutally murder the dragons in a game and having them fight (for/with) me for once :D 

8 years ago

The quiz says I'm a "rune weaver", which is like some kind of dancing mage. Oh boy, I can totally see it.

Also, stats: 10% Strength, 8% Bloodlust, 30% Intelligence, 42% Spirit, 42% Vitality and 40% Agility.

8 years ago
I got "The Witch Hunter".  Seems like something that I could really have fun with.  :)

8 years ago

Mothafuckin ninja master up in this. 

8 years ago

Apparently, I am a kung-fu magician. (Shaolin Guru, technically, but Kung-Fu Magician sounds more badass.) I always knew Alfredo and I were kindred spirits!

I've retaken the test with more varied techniques in my answers, and apparently I could pass for Star Glider too.

8 years ago

I'm a mad jester?

I dunno, I like branching out so my characters vary a lot.

8 years ago

I am a runemaster. I don't really RPG... like ever :(.

8 years ago

I got the Necromancer.

Truly surprising. Lol.

8 years ago

Seems fitting.

8 years ago

I got the Rune Knight. Fear my mighty blade!

I'd say that I like to play a character like this in most RPGs, a master of the blade that also has some kind of expertise in magic, but prefers close combat.

8 years ago

The only game where I really liked a rouge type class was Skyrim. Shooting a bow just felt so damn good. Aside from that: Warrior master race.

Mages are alright I guess.

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Rune Weaver

13% Strength, 5% Bloodlust, 23% Intelligence, 70% Spirit, 40% Vitality and 37% Agility!

By drawing runes with their feet, Rune Weavers are able to quickly and easily create powerful and deadly spells. Oftentimes, Rune Weavers are skilled dancers, and they will often draw their runes through the art of dance. Although not skilled with a sword, Rune Weavers are often quite nimble and powerful, making them difficult opponents to defeat in battle. By combining the power of their martial arts with the flexibility of their dance, Rune Weavers can effortlessly outmaneuver and defeat their foes. In addition, by synchronizing their martial arts with their rune weaving, they can both physically attack their opponents and simultaneously cast spells with the runes they draw with their feet. This ability to use both incredibly powerful magic and physically attacks at the same time is a unique and deadly skill that almost no other class possesses. Although all Rune Weavers are quite skilled with light and healing magic, there are a few that have learned to use destructive elemental magic and powerful psionic energy.

Congratulations on achieving this powerful class!

This is a rare mixed class that requires at least three variables to be extremely high.

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

8 years ago

Dancing mage buddies?

8 years ago

8 years ago

Someone needs to show this GIF to Marvel so they can put it in the next movie.

8 years ago

So far 4 of us have gotten rune based classes. We should start a club. Yours is the coolest though.

8 years ago

All clubs need a cool name. How about "Runic Saltatores". Rune Dancers in English.

8 years ago
"This is a rare mixed class that requires at least three variables to be extremely high."
I'll join the club.

8 years ago

You too? Us runic folk sure are gettin' to be popular.

8 years ago
Yeah.. But my friend got the Mirror Mage so I don't think we're all runic folk now.

8 years ago

Disown... We are your family now.

8 years ago
Nuh...but he's my friend...

8 years ago

Blood is thicker than water.

8 years ago

I'm wondering what causes the genie to give you extra powers at the end. It said the genie was impressed and gave me super duper necromancer powers, but I never asked for her help during the actual quiz. (I just said I'd build up my stats myself)

8 years ago

Apparently I am the:

The Abyss Knight

25% Strength, 87% Bloodlust, 17% Intelligence, 12% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 18% Agility!

8 years ago

Goddamn, 87%! I guess that suits the whole death god thing yah got going.

8 years ago

Yeah, I may be strong, but apparently I'm dumb as a rock at 17% intelligence...

8 years ago

True, though, mine isn't great either at 27%. I think in a fight, I'd still win with my magic dancing abilities, as well as my magic dancing dragon buddie :p

8 years ago

?I can summon shadow monsters that will keep your dragon busy while I block your attacks... after all, a mage depends on mana, once that is gone, you're dead... though I hope that my magic shield is strong enough, the abyss knight is rather poor in magic casting

8 years ago

?

(What I was supposed to edit in the post before Brad replied)?

The Abyss Knight

25% Strength, 87% Bloodlust, 17% Intelligence, 12% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 18% Agility!

The Abyss Knight

Abyss Knights are the ultimate warriors of death and summoners of darkness, and as the most feared of all warriors, Abyss Knights are savage and evil fighters. They will kill anything and everything that crosses their path and will not hesitate to lop off your head and hang it in their living room as a trophy. Don't be surprised if you see them laughing as they mercilessly chop through enemy after enemy. They live for battle, blood, and death because killing is often times the only thing that makes them feel truly alive. Although not the swiftest warriors, their sheer power, endurance, and skill with weapons more than makes up for it. They also have the unique ability to summon shadow creatures of pure darkness from the abyss of the underworld. These dark and mysterious creatures that they summon are able to aid them in battle and wreak havoc and chaos on the world. In addition, Abyss Knights are masters of dark magic and will not hesitate to launch deadly blasts of dark energy at their foes. They can even augment their weak elemental magic with their powerful dark magical to produce deadly and chaotic new magic combinations, such as black fire, black lightning, and annihilation magic.

8 years ago

Shaolin Guru, I guess, ha ha. 

8 years ago

I actually took this test a few years ago and got the Rune Weaver but this time I guess I'm a Silver Hand. In basic RPGs I like archers but I also go with burst DPS warriors (dual wield or something) once in a while when I feel like I want to assassinate some mobs instead of steady damage.

15% Strength, 18% Bloodlust, 35% Intelligence, 48% Spirit, 45% Vitality and 27% Agility!

The Silver Hand is both a martial arts expert and a master of light and moon magic. Specifically Silver Hands either use their magic to launch blasts of powerful light based energy from their fists, or they use it to heal and restore life. With the ability to cure any illness or disease, Silver Hands are often viewed as gods to those around them, and as one of the most pure and benevolent classes, Silver Hands almost solely walk the path of good rather than evil. However, because of their proficiency with life and moon magic, it is not uncommon for them to occasionally use their powers for the side of darkness. Indeed, just as they can give life, they can also drain it and absorb it as their own thus becoming even more powerful. By absorbing another's life energy they are literally absorbing their power, spirit, and will and are able to use it to enhance their own power. Furthermore, their moon magic gives Silver Hands powers of transformation and transmutation, which they can use to morph themselves and others from humans into ghastly creatures of darkness and divine creatures of light.

8 years ago

High five! (no pun intended)

The Silver Hand

17% Strength, 10% Bloodlust, 25% Intelligence, 60% Spirit, 40% Vitality and 25% Agility!

8 years ago

Mostly I play classes with high speed stats, so rogue. I especially love using bows, since they're just awesome, or dual-wield swords.

Naturally, I got the Ninja Sennin with: 25% strength, 22% bloodlust, 23% intelligence, 25% spirit, 23% vitality, and 47% agility.

8 years ago

I got mad jester. It's so fitting. I was class clown too.

8 years ago

It really was a fun quiz though. Thanks for posting.

8 years ago

The Drifter

17% Strength, 15% Bloodlust, 22% Intelligence, 22% Spirit, 27% Vitality and 37% Agility!

You are the Drifter, a silent, deadly, and cunning warrior skilled in both close range and long range combat. While you are most often calm and peaceful, you aren't afraid to stealthily strike down anyone who opposes you. Using the shadows to your advantage, you can easily sneak up on foes and incapacitate them using your bladed weapons or your deadly martial arts. Or alternatively, you might choose to snipe your enemies from afar while hiding in the shadows. Your introverted and quiet nature often give you a certain level strength and insight that other warriors cannot match. In fact, people see your quiet nature as a dangerous strength rather than a weakness. Although you are quite cunning and crafty, you have not fully mastered all your skills. To reach the more advanced classes try further improving your stealth and combat skills.

Well damn.

8 years ago

I got The Ninja Sennin: 22% Strength, 27% Bloodlust, 25% Intelligence, 42% Spirit, 32% Vitality and 43% Agility!

8 years ago

'Eyyyyyyyyyy! Why are your stats so much higher than mine? ;-;

8 years ago

Mine: 22% Strength, 27% Bloodlust, 25% Intelligence, 42% Spirit, 32% Vitality and 43% Agility

Yours: 25% strength, 22% bloodlust, 23% intelligence, 25% spirit, 23% vitality, and 47% agility

It isn't that much higher.

I got higher in bloodlust, intelligence, spirit, and vitality.

You got higher in both strength and agility.

8 years ago

You got higher than me in every single stat T.T

8 years ago

Almost.

8 years ago
Nope, you got higher strength and agility.

8 years ago

For the quiz, I ended up getting the Sound Weaver, which is pretty much a magical bard. 

17% Strength, 8% Bloodlust, 33% Intelligence, 50% Spirit, 30% Vitality and 37% Agility!

By manipulating noise, Sound Weavers are able to attack and manipulate their foes with sound waves. Often times, Sound Weavers will be skilled with an instrument, and they'll use their music along with their powerful light magic to create stunning illusions. Escaping from one of these illusions is extremely difficult, allowing Sound Weavers to keep a safe distance from their foes and defeat them from afar. Their magic can even be used to cloud the thoughts of their opponents and control their minds! Furthermore, Sound Weavers are in harmony with the world around them, and nature responds to the flow of their music, allowing them to gently persuade creatures and the environment to aid them in battle. In fact, Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to manipulate the elements. Although not physically powerful, Sound Weavers are swift, agile, and incredibly skilled with a bow, so they normally attack from a distance; however, expert Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to augment the power and abilities of themselves and their allies. Conversely, they can even use their magic to hinder the powers of their opponents, making the Sound Weavers extremely valuable on any team. Furthermore, they can combine their music with their extremely powerful light magic in order to heal, defend, and cure themselves or anyone around them. Offensively, Sound Weavers can amplify sound in the air to burst the eardrums of their opponents thus destabilizing and defeating them. They can even mute or distort their own sounds so that opponents can't hear them approaching or discern the direction of their attacks.

Which makes sense, I guess. I like playing as stealthy mages, although it depends on the game.

8 years ago

Aw that's the one I wanted.

8 years ago

The classic rock, paper, scissors trio. Warrior beats up thief, thief steals wizard's staff, wizard burns warrior to a crisp.

If I have to be one of the classic trinity, I'm a thief / rogue character. Stealthy assassinations ftw. That said, I also enjoy healing and tanking at times, so you'll see me power-leveling the occasional devout priest or noble knight.

8 years ago

8 years ago

For the RPG class test, I got the Abyss Knight.

Description (from the test):

17% Strength, 60% Bloodlust, 28% Intelligence, 25% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 30% Agility!

Eeek! Abyss Knights are the ultimate warriors of death and summoners of darkness, and as the most feared of all warriors, Abyss Knights are savage and evil fighters. They will kill anything and everything that crosses their path and will not hesitate to lop off your head and hang it in their living room as a trophy. Don't be surprised if you see them laughing as they mercilessly chop through enemy after enemy. They live for battle, blood, and death because killing is often times the only thing that makes them feel truly alive. Although not the swiftest warriors, their sheer power, endurance, and skill with weapons more than makes up for it. They also have the unique ability to summon shadow creatures of pure darkness from the abyss of the underworld. These dark and mysterious creatures that they summon are able to aid them in battle and wreak havoc and chaos on the world. In addition, Abyss Knights are masters of dark magic and will not hesitate to launch deadly blasts of dark energy at their foes. They can even augment their weak elemental magic with their powerful dark magical to produce deadly and chaotic new magic combinations, such as black fire, black lightning, and annihilation magic.

Congratulations on reaching this powerful class!

P.S. Please don't hurt me!

Out of the way, Mardox, I'm here to be the badass. XD

8 years ago

I'm a badass as well then! Because I'm a Abyss Knight as you are! Though I don't know which of us is superior stat wise.

8 years ago

Claw
25% Strength
87% Bloodlust
17% Intelligence
12% Spirit
22% Vitality
18% Agility

Derp
17% Strength
60% Bloodlust
28% Intelligence
25% Spirit
22% Vitality
30% Agility

Strength- 8 Claw’s favor
Bloodlust- 27 Claw’s favor
Intelligence- 11 Derp’s favor
Spirit- 13 Derp’s favor
Vitality- Tie
Agility- 12 Derp’s favor

Total
Claw 35
Derp 36

Derp kills Claw by out thinking and out maneuvering him, but he gets permanently crippled in the process.

8 years ago

Well that's unfortunate for me?, but being crippled permanently is way worse. Even so, we won't fight each other and instead will team up to kill other people...

8 years ago

Or I walk in and shoot you both with a plasma cannon.

8 years ago

When thinking of fantasy RPG, it sounds medieval. Judging by the fantasy RPG class test, it is in medieval times. Plasma cannons never existed back then, so you can't really do that.

8 years ago

Fine, I slap you both with a plasma sword :P

8 years ago

"Slap" us both? If you slap us, you would just force the side of the blade against us. No cutting.

8 years ago

I don't want to injure or kill my friends!

8 years ago

Then don't do use your weapons on us. e_e We got an undead army to reincarnate.

8 years ago

Want to PM Rp ourselves and conquer something? Or maybe I could start this game on your forum(if it's still on).

8 years ago

"If it's still on?" We're at the peak of our activity at the moment!

Though we have some Halloween festivities and shite, but of course you can always squeeze an RP through the events.

8 years ago

YUSSSS?! As soon as I get on a computer, I'll start that up! Be prepared for the destruction of entire cities(in the RP).

8 years ago

I'm in for the thrill of it, not for gold or shite.

8 years ago

I could just crush both of you like grapes with my fists of fury.

8 years ago

Wanna say that to skeletal face?

?

8 years ago

War Mage was the class I got! I think it really fits my playstyle. I prefer magic over other arts, but I am proficient in hand-to-hand combat and using a variety of weapons. Even my OC is a War Mage type.

8 years ago

Post stats or gtfo

Stats?

8 years ago

I don't have them, sorry.

8 years ago

Stats or it didn't happen. :3

8 years ago

15% Strength, 18% Bloodlust, 37% Intelligence, 18% Spirit, 30% Vitality and 20% Agility!

The War Mage

You are the War Mage, a deadly and balanced warrior that effortlessly combines magic and physical combat in battle. Since you are skilled with both spells and fighting, you are able to easily tackle and surmount a variety of challenges. No obstacle is too difficult for you if you put your mind to it! While you may be very powerful, you have not yet mastered all your skills. In fact, you must decide whether to focus more on hand-to-hand combat skills or weapon skills in order to reach the higher classes. The path you choose will ultimately determine the type elemental magic you master.

Continuing to hone your hand-to-hand combat skills and master earth magic leads to the the Rune Master. If instead you choose to improve your swordsmanship and master metal magic, you will reach the Battle Warlock.

8 years ago

But, they're on the same page that gives you the class? If you're on the same device, just look through your history and find the page.

8 years ago

The Sound Weaver

22% Strength, 10% Bloodlust, 32% Intelligence, 57% Spirit, 30% Vitality and 38% Agility!

The Sound Weaver

By manipulating noise, Sound Weavers are able to attack and manipulate their foes with sound waves. Often times, Sound Weavers will be skilled with an instrument, and they'll use their music along with their powerful light magic to create stunning illusions. Escaping from one of these illusions is extremely difficult, allowing Sound Weavers to keep a safe distance from their foes and defeat them from afar. Their magic can even be used to cloud the thoughts of their opponents and control their minds! Furthermore, Sound Weavers are in harmony with the world around them, and nature responds to the flow of their music, allowing them to gently persuade creatures and the environment to aid them in battle. In fact, Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to manipulate the elements. Although not physically powerful, Sound Weavers are swift, agile, and incredibly skilled with a bow, so they normally attack from a distance; however, expert Sound Weavers can use their sound magic to augment the power and abilities of themselves and their allies. Conversely, they can even use their magic to hinder the powers of their opponents, making the Sound Weavers extremely valuable on any team. Furthermore, they can combine their music with their extremely powerful light magic in order to heal, defend, and cure themselves or anyone around them. Offensively, Sound Weavers can amplify sound in the air to burst the eardrums of their opponents thus destabilizing and defeating them. They can even mute or distort their own sounds so that opponents can't hear them approaching or discern the direction of their attacks.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

8 years ago

A Mage. Cause I'm a magician.

8 years ago

Is it just me, or would everyone on this thread (who took the quiz/test/whatever) be perfect for a big travelling party in an RPG? It'd probably lead to a bunch of hilarious misadventures and that... That sounds awesome.

8 years ago

Yeah. Endmaster could be some creepy pedophile that hits on women/girls in extremely fucked up ways. It would also fit his class since he's a Priest.

8 years ago

I don't play priests characters if I can help it. Too many religious restrictions. (Even for non-good priests)

Besides, I just said a bunch of posts up I took the quiz and my class was (unsurprisingly) necromancer.

8 years ago

Aw hell yeah /(owo)/

8 years ago

Someone at BHB make this now!

8 years ago

The classes:

Odin Warrior, Dragon Master, Rune Weaver (x2), Witch Hunter, Ninja Master, Shaolin Guru (AKA "Kung-fu Magician") (x2), Rune Master, Necromancer, Rune Knight, Abyss Knight (x2), Silver Hand (x2), Ninja Sennin (x2), Mad Jester (x2), Drifter, Sound Weaver (x2), and War Mage (stats or it didn't happen).

8 years ago

Delta! You do good RPs! Make this over at BHB!

8 years ago
*puppy eyes* please?

8 years ago

Do I have to? ;-; Eh, I'm slightly tempted, but it'll require some time and effort on my part. Fuck, and school starts this week, too... 

8 years ago

The power of the puppy eyes above your posts compels you!?

8 years ago

Until I see legit cute puppy eyes, no, they haven't :P

8 years ago

8 years ago
Legit fish eyes.

8 years ago

Make it happen, Delta!

8 years ago

Here are my stats:

The Night Blade
17% Strength, 32% Bloodlust, 28% Intelligence, 18% Spirit, 17% Vitality and 70% Agility!

As masters of stealth, Night Blades are the ultimate assassins. They can blend in with any shadow and silently incapacitate and assassinate their foes with an arsenal of deadly weapons, traps, and bombs. Skilled with both close and long range weapons, the Night Blade may use daggers to eliminate their foes in one swift stroke, or they may use shuriken, kunai, and bows to silently slay their foes from afar. While they usually don't excel at elemental magic, their killer instinct and ability to blend with the shadows makes them fearsom foes. As the stealthiest and speediest class, Night Blades are masters of evasion, and if they do not want to be seen or sensed, they will not be seen or sensed. One could be standing next to you right now and you wouldn't even know it! Gasp! Occasionally, Night Blades may become proficient in dark and shadow magic, which may give them the upper hand in battle. They can use this dark magic to both enhance their strength and multiply the number of arrows and daggers launched at opponents mid-battle. Although often selfish, evil, and greedy, they are not opposed to helping the side of good if it is the more profitable option.
Congratulations on reaching this powerful class!

8 years ago

seems logical, as you said you like agility and cunning over sheer power.

8 years ago

This thing hates Clerics, because I keep on rolling Silver Hand.  ._.

20% Strength, 15% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 87% Spirit, 37% Vitality and 20% Agility!

I mean, can I not just subdue everyone and everything and not kill people without being killed myself?

The Classless

13% Strength, 5% Bloodlust, 7% Intelligence, 12% Spirit, 12% Vitality and 5% Agility!

Somehow you completely failed at achieving a class. How in the world did you manage that!? O_o But I guess it makes you sort of unique? A jack of all trades and a master of none, you are the Classless!

This is a very low level class. Actually it's not even really a class at all, but you can go ahead and pretend it is.

If you would like a different class, try being more consistent with your answers. Or you could try shooting for The Hero class which requires all of your skills to be nearly equal.

~~~

Alright, resigning from the Silver Hands.  Time for...

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Chaos Phantom

10% Strength, 40% Bloodlust, 47% Intelligence, 42% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 28% Agility!

Silent, deadly, and frightening, you are the Chaos Phantom. You're dark, and you're light, and you might be a tad bit bipolar. Or maybe not. I really don't know what to make of you. The truth is that normally you're a relatively stable person. But as a master of both light and dark magic, there is both good and evil that resides within you. These energies are normally in balance, and when they are balanced they can create truly frightening and devastating magical combinations. For example, you are able to control gravity, create masterful illusions, and throw your opponents into vortices of darkness and destruction. You can even use your powers to teleport, enhance your stealth, and escape from danger. Your powers distort the very stability of the world around you, and therefore if your powers are not in balance, you may end up being devoured by the energy and the chaos within you. Or worse, you may end up consuming the world and everyone around you in your insanity! Normally introverted, Chaos Phantoms wander the earth alone trying to stay clear of anyone and anything that might disturb the balance within them. In battle, Chaos Phantoms prefer to attack from the shadows and from a distance; however, they are not opposed to using their powers at close range if absolutely necessary.

Congratulations on reaching this extraordinary class!

This is a special class and requires a very high amount of Chaotic Stability. You scored 92% on this variable!

The Genie, impressed by your choices, has granted you the Hidden Power of Chaotic Stability.

8 years ago

Wow, this is certainly one of the better classes. One thing I don't like about the quiz is that it appears to be using artwork without giving credit. This particular one is by Sergon.

On another note, the comment box appears to be having some trouble.... It's only Swift that breaks things, hah.

edit: Looks like it was fixed.

8 years ago

...Uh... it is not only Swift who breaks things...

8 years ago

You can fix whatever happens, I'd bet.

Just sign over your soul to us; we'll take good care of it while you slave away fixing broken threads faster than mods can fix 'em.

8 years ago

My personal favorite class is almost always the archer.

I don't know about personality wise, but in Skyrim I play with a bow and high thief skills and stealth, and since your sense of base classes in so 'broad', then I would say Rogue/Thief.

My personality is pretty much like that- take blows from far away distances, which is easy, and then sneaking in and stealing things when no-one's looking.

8 years ago

Oh! Oh! See!

I got THE NIGHT WALKER!

17% Strength, 5% Bloodlust, 28% Intelligence, 28% Spirit, 37% Vitality and 65% Agility!

Combining incredible martial arts skills along with their stealth, Night Walkers make deadly adversaries. Swiftly and easily locating pressure points, Night Walkers are able to subdue opponents of deadly strength and ferocity. By targeting the pressure points of their opponents with concentrated energy, Night Walkers can seal off the flow of energy within the bodies of opponents thus weakening them physically and also making them incapable of using any spells. Night Walkers literally imbue their fists with shadows by combining powerful light and dark magic striking fear and horror into all who stand before them. By unleashing blasts of shadow energy, Night Walkers can easily overwhelm any opponent. Furthermore, Night Walkers are supremely talented with a bow, and by hiding in the shadows and augmenting their arrows with shadow magic, Night Walkers can easily snipe their opponents with an unavoidable shot. Thus, Night Walkers have both incredible close combat skills and amazing long ranged abilities. Using their powers, Night Walkers have been known to take down entire battalions of warriors by creating armies of clones out of the shadows that are capable of physically damaging opponents. In addition, Night Walkers can use both shadow and moon magic allowing them to use the darkness of night to their advantage. Although they use shadow and moon magic, they are not necessarily evil, and even though their darkness is often misconstrued as evil, they may be seen using their powers for good. In fact, most Night Walkers fight for the side of good rather than evil, and they prefer peace and tranquility.