Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi.

8 years ago

I'm new here, this was recommended by a friend, can anybody show me the ropes?

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome to CYS. =)

Best place to start is the Help & Info section. There are several articles there that explain a lot about the storygame editor, commenting, the forums, trophies, exc. They also offer advice to new writers / members in general. It's definitely worth a read.

If you have any specific questions, asking on the forums should get you a good answer; the community here is very helpful and often quick to respond. You can also get help with beta-reading, or get advice / opinions on a story without having to publish. (I'd strongly discourage creating demos here, by the way.) Also, feel free to drop me a line personally. (Sending personally messages is explained in a help and info artcles.) I can answer most questions and if I can't answer one, then I know someone else who can.

I'd definitely recommend reading through the featured games in the storygame section. Partly because they're fun games and partly because it'll give you some ideas for what you can create one here. Lastly, if you'd like to practice your writing before trying your hand at a game, I'm hosting writing exercises Monday through Friday. Anyone is free to try doing them at any time, but if you want to earn points, you need to request to be added to the tag and scoring list.

Good luck and have fun. 

Hi.

8 years ago

Thank you! I'm going to go check out the Help & Info section now... *drifts away*

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome! Are you a male geek with feminine tendencies, or a female geek with mannerisms and preferences that match societal norms?... Or neither? Your username raises several questions...

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome to the site. Here is my welcome gift to you:

I'd post the normal version, but site rules and all.

Hi.

8 years ago

Hi! Welcome to CYSsmiley If you do have any questions, I'm usually avaliable( I WILL NEVER SPELL THAT WORD RIGHT AHH )

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome~

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome!

Hi.

8 years ago
Welcome to the site! Others have already pointed out the Help & Info section. After you check that, please do feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome to CYS! 

Hi.

8 years ago
Welcome.

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome. If you want to get started, I suggest you just go into the editor and play around with it. Don't publish it, just make some random game to get used to the the editor. Inspiration will suddenly appear and you'll be able to make a game. After that, go the Help & Info and read the sections for tips on writing stories, because most people's first stories get low ratings because they don't seem to follow a standard.

Get familiar with the editor and understand what we are looking for. That way you'll make a great first impression.

Hi.

8 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay :D

Hi.

8 years ago

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Welcome to the site!

Hi.

8 years ago

Welcome. Might want to get yourself a profile picture or be cursed to be forgotten by everybody who sees your posts.

Hi.

8 years ago

I think we scared her off haha!  XD

Hi.

8 years ago

Me thinks wolfjob did the trick.

Hi.

8 years ago

I thought she just drifted away to the Help & Info section and never came back.

Hi.

8 years ago

Hi.