Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Now that Bethesda has come out with Fallout 4, and it's rocking, I would like to think what's next from the amazing company.

Elder Scrolls VI- what country will it be in? There seems to be a 5 year wait period between games, and next year marks 5 years since Skyrim released, will they announce it at the next e3 conference?

Personally I hope that it takes place in Elsweyr, that would be pretty sick. Then again I would like it to be playable through Valenwood and the Black Marsh as well, making it huge map and to outdo themselves. Maybe Summerset Isles too, though them having more than one country at a time may be asking to much.

I would also love for some better graphics, and a survival system, like needing to eat, warmth, etc. I think there was a mod but as a console player I cannot experience that immersive experience.

Anyone else? TES 6 should be the best TES yet, and since Fallout 4 is probably going to take game of the year, will there be a TES next year?

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Maybe, since Beth owns Id Software, they'll actually get around to making an engine that works swimmingly this time around instead of struggling to fit prettier graphics and more features into their overstuffed, thousand-year-old engine.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I hope it'll be in Skyrim again so I can kill some more fucking Thalmor, Nord style.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I hope it'll have a better, more roleplaying-oriented character creation like there was in Daggerfall.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

The one thing I absolutely hated about Skyrim was that there was NO affect on the world. You could be the arch-mage; Leader of the Theives Guild and the Brotherhood; Thane of Whiterun; Liberater of Skyrim; Dragon-rider; Slayer of Glenmoril Witches; Slayer of the Emperor...

And nothing about the world would change. Sure you get massive xpz, and some good loots bur nothing about the world changed. That's what made me stop playing Skyrim actually, I felt like I had no impact on the world (though I'll start up a new playthrough after I finish STALKER)

Also, I hated how Bethesda went the PC route and appeased the SJWs by not giving you the choice to kill any of the children present in the games (this isn't specific to Skyrim) holy hell they were all so annoying.

"Another wanderer here to lick my father's ---"

Goddamn it shut the hell up kid!

(thank god for mods)

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I don't see how it's politically incorrect to kill those annoying little fucks, but what I do find shitty is that for some reason the Stormcloaks aren't a Nords-only deal. I went through half their campaign as an Argonian before I realized they were actually Nazis who kept all my people out on the docks.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I assassinated the emperor and became the leader of the Dark Brotherhood and they didn't bow to me when I joined them after. Those Stormcloaks were messed up.

What do you mean assassinating royalty is what's messed up? I'm sane! I swear! 

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

They only let you in really because you're the dragonborn and they're willing to take anyone who would kill the Imperials, like, but as soon as you are finished they'd probably just kick your ass out.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I would love it to be set in the Black Marshes. The lore of that place is really interesting to me + argonians are hella sexy. Although I do want TES to be more roleplay-orientated and less player generic. Definitely mods like Frostfall (the survival mod) have a ton of effort put into them and it really shows. What's cool about such mods are that they are completely free and I think it'd be great if Bethesda stopped looking at mods as a potential money bank but rather as things in which they could incorporate into their games. Because there are some hella good mods. I do want them to keep the bugs though - those are hilarious.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

TES 6 needs to be better than TW3, so that Bethesda can bear the RPG crown once-more. In order for this to happen, Bethesda really need to make a new engine.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

That may be literally impossible.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Yeah, a new engine won't help that much. Those who loved Witcher 3 loved it because of the story and the sidequests (not being just fetch quest). Think Bethesda would have to stop focusing on the open world and revitalize their quests altogether to beat Witcher. Not impossible but definitely a different direction than the one I think they're going in.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Yeah, as much as Fallout 4 has been fun, I gotta say, it hasn't beat Witcher 3 for me yet. (Still got the expansions to look forward to playing with that)

Really, it hasn't even beat New Vegas and that one was using the old engine. While Beth did some okay things with the new game, they severely messed up in other places.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Elsweyr or the Black Marsh being the region for the next Elder Scrolls game would definitely push me to buy it. And, as others have said, your choices having a larger effect on the world ("Have you heard of the college of Winterhold?" "No. I mean, it's not like I'm the arch mage or anything." "HALT! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW! WE MUST KILL YOU FOR STEALING THAT WOODEN BOWL NO ONE WILL EVER USE!" "But I saved your world! Twice!" "Cool armor. It looks just like the stuff the Dark Brotherhood assassins wear. And how come you're sneaking up on that guy? It's kinda creepy. Oh well, have fun!"). Possibly something similar to Shadow of Mordor's economy system that actually changes based on your success in battle.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Aperrantly the PR vice pres of Bethesda, Pete Hines, said that the most likely chance for another Elder Scrolls game to be released is 2017, since they release the game every 4 years. So, 2016 is the most likely announcment date, with a supposed early 2017 release. At least that's what he said.

Let's just hope they don't have the shitty dialogue system in Fallout 4, and i'll be happy. I mean, that's really my only major complaint with the game to begin with.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

As long as the game comes out awesome, I don't care when it comes out, but it is certain that TES VI is next from Bethesda, at least. Maybe they should let another company take a swing at it (like they did with New Vegas), but who knows.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Another thing they should do is NOT VOICE THE FUCKING PROTAGONIST! I'm sick and tired of Lumberjack McGee sounding like Ryan Rehnolds or whoever the fuck that generic whitebread-ass shithead is trying to pretend to be MY CHARACTER! Especially because way back when I got to do the voice acting, the wastelander always sounded like a combination of Bane and Bill Cosby! Now Bane Cosby has been taken away from us for the sake of some dumb-ass, ego-tripping storyline! For fuck's sake! I can't even stand to watch fucking let's plays, because they were playing as Grognak's TV actor, but Grognak apparently sounds like a Kurt-Cobain-ass whispery shitfuck who couldn't do a Grognak voice for shit.

FUCK the voiced protagonist! Fuck his rancid stupid rotten asshole!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Woah man, a bit angry. 

The female voice actor is good though.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Fuck her too, none of my female characters sound like that in my head.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I can see it ruining the image of your character, but goddamn, man, cool down a bit. I think it's an awesome addition to the series. People talk, you know? And it's unrealistic for a player NOT to talk.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

The player does talk, but the PC's voice and personality (or lack thereof) shouldn't be left up to some producer who wants the star of their story to be "just so". You aren't playing the game as Generic Deblankface, You're playing as Grognak the motherfucking Barbarian. You're playing as Rusty Dana, the 60-year-old chain-smoking card shark. You're playing as Chris Wimbledon, the sexually (and morally) ambiguous cross dresser who has drug problems. Their one-voice-fits-all bullshit does not fit all. In fact, it fits very little. You do not play as their perfect little protagonist to their perfect little game. You are the goddamn player, and you do not obey all their fucking rules. You don't act the way some 50s dude who lost his wife would. You might not even have the fucking skillset that this guys' history would imply you have. The player character has the voice and personality that YOU give it, and there's no way in hell you can be immersed in your own character if someone else's character is always interrupting all of your voices and your storylines and shit. They may as well have taken away fucking facial customization too if they were going to shit on us like this. Fuck. Player. Voice acting.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Sir, please calm le tits for a second.

Player Voice Acting is an awesome addition to the game because without it, the player seems to be hand-signaling or some shit like that back in the day. I haven't played Fallout 4, not yet at least, so in all honesty I don't know how bad it is, but I always thought that it would be a pretty rad addition to an otherwise rad game series.

Also, are you writing out your characters for Fallout? Jesus, man.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

The voice actor doesn't bother me, but then that might be because he sounds like a regular white dude. If I was black however, I'd expect more bass in my character's voice to sound like a super cool Samuel Jackson mothafucka.

The "romance" stuff is a waste of time that they could have spent on programming better things, but at least they didn't go full Biowhore on that front. It can pretty much be ignored.

The unkillable characters that Bethesda keeps insisting on putting in their games and this continued baffling attempt of emulating Molyneux's streamlining are far more of a problem since they directly impact the gameplay.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

You're just repeating yourself, so I'll repeat myself: Player voice acting is a SHITTY addition to the game, because without it, you get to do your own voices.

For Christ's sake, man, did you actually feel like the wastelander was saying nothing!? Use your goddamn imagination, this is a roleplaying game!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

While, I agree with you that the voice acting might be bad to some, it still isn't 'bad' voice acting.

I mean, voice acting is good in a lot of ways, and gives a lot of character to the people who play. I liked it in Dragon Age, and I like it here too. They should have more voice options, but that's just the way things are. I feel like you might be taking your hate out a bit unjustifiably. I mean, if you can RP that your character has no voice and it's own background when it didn't have a voice, couldn't you just imagine the voice how you want it now? 

The bad thing is, that you have a set background. No one plays an RPG to play the tale of someone else. 

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

It doesn't matter how good the voice acting is, it's still shitty. I don't want it to give me any 'character', because I've already given it all the character I want and at this point it's just fucking contradictory. It's different in Dragon Age. In Dragon Age, you spend a lot of time in an already very specific plot with specific options, so you don't really feel like your own character anyway. In Saints Row, it's different, because The Boss is already a pre-established character, you just get to give your own interpretation. Fallout is a fucking Bethesda game, you get all the time in the world to fiddle around with shit in a world literally half the size of California, go out into the wilderness, and make your own damn plots and motivations. It's integral that I get to say shit how I want to, and I can't just imagine it, because fucking Ryan-ass Reynolds always butts in with his own shitty voice and doesn't let me finish. It's like trying to listen to Lowrider in your head, but there's a Harrison Bergeron machine in your ear that blasts 70s synth pop in your ears whenever you try to think of good music. FUCK whatshisface AND his shitty backstory! Especially because his stupid fucking voice has to remind me of his stupid fucking backstory whenever I do something important! Goddammit, I wish I knew how to install mods!... Or, better yet, delete all his goddamn voice files!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Wait, Ryan Reynolds? I don't wanna be Ryan Reynolds.

Anyway, I was gonna say they should just do it like drakengard. XD 

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Upon googling, Ryan Reynolds is NOT a voice actor for Fallout 4.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

The male is voiced by Troy Baker, isn't he?

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Close enough.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I guess I see your point about Dragon Age. I was going to make an argument about the Inquisitor, but you're right, it's kinda a pre-established story to an extent, and not to mention a 'good' story element. I don't really care about the story in Fallout 4 that much either. But I feel like you're missing the point.

Just because it's voiced, doesn't mean its bad. I mean, in any game you have people speaking, and when the character speaks, I just don't understand why your hate of Fallout 4's character speaking is so much different than the voice of any game that has a voice protag in an RPG setting. It's basically the same thing, but you don't hate those voice actors, even when in Fallout 4 you have the same set up back story as you do in Dragon Age

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Tbecause fallout shouldnt have that. Its not that hes conplaining that Geralt is Geralt in Witcher, but that a game made for people who wanna play anything cant since they have to hear a voice actor. Kinda weird they didnt make a turn off voiceacting button. ed Woulda expected that

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Yeah, so would I, but, whatever...you can always mute voices if it's that bad.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

And that would (assumably? Havent played the gMe) remove ALL voices, which would suck as well. Its certainly something someone can bitch abouy, and Penguin is generally known ro over exagerate

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I dunno. I guess the only way you can really win is to wait for like, a mod to get rid of the voices...after all the nude mods.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Because in Fallout, the story is centered around your character (and who you decide that character really is) specifically. In other RPG games, you are supposed to be someone else. DA is about an angsty band of adventurers who fight evil in a Gray<z>Gray world of fantasy and adventure. The Witcher is about a man/elf/albino named Geralt who kills shit and bangs hoes. Fallout is about... Uh... A human... Who does any number of things in a wasteland... Because, they're, uhh motivated by... See what I mean? The character's aspects are determined entirely by the player, the backstory the player has is easily ignorable, and that's the way it should be, Whitebread Mcfaceless with his annoying-ass shit voice undermines that in a sickening way.

The Wastelander should not talk for the same reason Link doesn't talk: He is your vehicle to interact with the world in a new an exciting way, and no one else's until they start playing the game. I don't want to know about Mr. Deadwife or his life in the vault. I want to skip that mopey backstory shit and establish stories about Jimmy Sportington whose vault history I already know and am not forced to care about by a melodramatic producer. The Player Character's story belongs to the character. They've planned out the PC's life, they've moved their faceparts around with a robot mirror, and they determine which way the story goes for their own damn reasons!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I totally agree with you on that. You shouldn't have a pre-established background, but that still doesn't explain the voice problem? Even Link has a 'voice' of grunts and such. I just don't understand how the difference of the story of DA compared to Fallout causes voice work to be less important?

To me, it's not the voice, it's the story. I mean, I think you'd agree that if the story plot was better, then a voice wouldn't be such a bad thing?  Or are you trying to say, because you wanted to create your own character with its own backstory, the idea of them having a voice is weird after you've created everything? But then again, in every Fallout game there has been a central plot of what you are and what you do....I dunno. Kinda on the fence about it, since I like the voice acting, but I have to agree with you on the shoddy plot. Would you like it if it simply didn't rely on such a terrible story? Like, say instead of having a kid you have to look for, you just have a cure to a terrible disease in the wasteland in your blood, and it's all about trying to cure the wastes with it. This would allow you to have your own independant backstory type of deal?

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

It wouldn't matter if the character plot was Citizen fucking Kane, Fallout and TES are games about being your own character. That's my point. It's about the protagonist having minimal direction and growing and travelling as they see fit based on their motivations and the way they think their character would act. I don't want to put up with Reynolds because I'm not playing as Reynolds, and he can well and truly go fuck himself.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I can see your point. I think they should have an option to mute the player voice actor.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

They probably won't do that. Beth seemed pretty fucking proud of it in their trailers and shit.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Well, they are supporting mods now. Don't worry, man, you'll be able to get rid of the voice acting eventually.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I don't know how to do mods, dammit!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Its a Google away.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I have googled it. I don't comprehend any of the shit they say. The closest I've ever gotten was installing the Nexus Mods Manager, which is so broken it doesn't eve respond to my clicking.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Well, then find a tutorial on Youtube or something. That's the only thing I can think of you to do.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Youtube Tutorials always start out with shit installed that I don't know how to install, so I look up tutrials for those, and there never are any...

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

My guess is they're going to spend their time developing DLCs for Fallout 4 in 2016, then they'll start developing TES 6. I don't expect it until, like, 2019.

Also, I think it'd be dope if they could just go the Arena and Daggerfall route and allow the player to go to any of Tamriel's countries.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I doubt it. That would be put TES VI EIGHT FUCKING YEARS after TES V.

I think they'll lend TES to another company temporarily like they did with New Vegas.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I can't see that happening. Unlike Fallout, the Elder Scrolls series is their creation from the beginning and is what put them on the map in the first place. I doubt if they would let anyone else handle the series.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

That is true, but maybe they will get desperate and try their best to make the fans happy by giving us an installment earlier. I think that they have been working on TES VI since Skyrim came out. They have a cycle and I don't see them breaking that cycle. 5 YEARS, everyone!

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

At the E3 showcase, Todd Howard flat out said that they started working on Fallout 4 right after 3 and it became their top priority after Skyrim. I doubt that they started working on TES VI after Skyrim.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

They did lend TES to another company. Now we have ESO. FUCKING ESO.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I thought Elder Scrolls Online was made by Bethesda.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

It was lent licensing.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Skyrim was five years after Oblivion. Fallout 4 was eight years after Fallout 3 and five after New Vegas, plus they haven't finished any DLC for F4. I think it'll take them a while to make TES VI.

Also, no. Like End said, TES is their creation and what put them on the map in the first place. They bought Fallout, and as such wouldn't let another company develop it like they did with Obsidian and NV.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Skyrim was not five years after Oblivion. Try two goddamn centuries.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

*five years apart in terms of release dates.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

No, seriously, you only got Skyrim in your lifetime because Bethesda execs stole my time machine.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

TESVI should be set in Elsweyr and Valenwood. The Thalmor would be the dominant force, with little resistance. The only essential NPCs will be children (but it will be absurdly easily to make them non-essential (and there may be a few pieces of cut content to make their demises fit in with the story better)). This means that if you, say, don't like the Thalmor governor lording over your village, you can kill him, but with great difficulty and noticeable consequences (bad reputation, bounty on your head, embargo on your village).

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Yes! I think elections should be held if a leader dies. Or maybe you can create a force to be reckoned with, like a bandit group and take over a city or town. Once they take over, you should be in control of economies, major decisions, shit like that.

I think I would have a nerdgasm if they did that.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Since the Dominion has little opposition in Valenwood and even less in Elsweyr, it wouldn't make sense for there to be an active opposition like there was in Skyrim. However, at a certain point in the game, the player may be visited by a ghost of a Khajiit merchant lord who laments the control of the Aldmeri Dominion and spurs the PC to start a revolution.

There would be a functioning and complex disguise system, making stealth and assassination important factors in the game.

Morality should amount to more than killing people to see how much you can get the public to hate you. Evil options should be tempting, but costly and difficult to execute, as they can be in real life. For instance, suppose you have to hunt down a group of wanderers for information and when you finally find them, they refuse to give it to you. So, you would then have the options bribing them, completing a quest for them, or burying their leader neck deep in the sand. Of course, if you take the last option, there will be repercussions, including city merchants charging you more for interrupting their supply chain and wandering merchants attacking you on sight.

Spells could be cycled through quickly using a hotkey system, allowing the player to quickly switch between spells without having to pause the game. But, in order to cast spells, the player would have to be wearing at least one "wielder's glove". The downside to this is that the number of available spells in the game would have to be trimmed and that dual-casting would no longer be possible.

Illusion spells would be similar to the ones in PERMA, involving manipulation of a phantom image of the player, instead of crappy direct illusion spells. However, there would be a few direct illusion spells like "Blind", which would inhibit the ability of a guard to see through the PC's disguise.

Were-wolves would be replaced with were-lions (or were-tigers, since Valenwood is a jungle).

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

So long as that other shitty company that made ESO doesn't help out, I'll be happy. 

Seriously, fuck those guys. 

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Was it really that bad? I don't have a PC, and I don't know if it came to consoles but I don't own it. What was it like?

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

So bad that I made an entire rant about it. (which has since been lost to time and BZ's forum cleanup)

I mean, when a man can rant about shit for an MS word page and a half, you know that shit's got problems. It runs like a pirate with two peg legs in a swamp, it's about as great of a community as the local Neo Nazi crack gang, (Don't worry, though, you have to solve all the puzzles yourself and can't help out lower level players with quests, so its unlikely that you'll have to put up with any of them) there's nothing special about the environment, so you don't have to worry about exploring all the dungeons and collecting all the loot like you did in the old, stupid ES games. No, this is on another level entirely! The game design has been streamlined so that THERE ARE NO DUNGEONS AND SPECIAL PLACES YOU CAN GO! That's right, you get to spend 4 hours leisurely strolling across ALL OF EMPTY FUCKING TAMRIEL from generic point A to generic point B with nothing to do but stare at your character's ass. Finally, a place all those people who play as chicks on MMOs aren't considered weird and degenerate! Instead, they're just considered stupid for buying the damn game!

Also, the races have all been split up into groups of two or something like that. You have either have to buy the game three fucking times to play as all the races, or buy an ultimate membership that's like 70 fucking dollars. Can you play with your friends if they decide to be a different group than you? No! You have to buy the membership!

But don't worry if you don't have the time to spend 4 hours running around Tamriel either, they have a solution to that problem! Yesirree! For only 1000 coins, you can buy a horse, just like in Skyrim!... Except there's no dungeons to loot a million treasure things from... And you only get one fucking coin per drop... And 4 out of every 6 people are bots that will steal the kill from you... Did I mention that the 1000 coin price tag is for the shitty horse? Again, there's no need to worry. This fucking company, in their infinite wisdom, is willing to give you the mediocre horse for 20 IRL monies!

Fuck that noise.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Is ESO by any chance the Elder Scrolls Online?

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

By all the chances, it is.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

The next Elder Scrolls game will be set in whichever province is the closest to a generic and recognizable medieval fantasy, and this is a good thing. This is what we should be hoping for. Begging for a game in Valenwood or Elsweyr or the Black Marsh is just asking for them to be given the Cyrodiil treatment. I'd rather all those places stay awesome off screen then have all the crazy lore surrounding them eradicated and thrown into...well, Oblivion.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Why do you say that? Morrowind's setting was hardly generic and recognizable.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

And what were the next two games after Morrowind?

Morrowind was a fluke, on many levels, and not something I expect we'll see anything like again. And again, look at what they did to Cyrodiil. Would you wish that on any other province?

Skyrim was an improvement, at least it had some but it was still 'mountains and vikings' which isn't that far out there as far as settings go.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

As far as I'm concerned they have nothing to lose. Another installment like the last two and the series won't possibly survive. So, they'd probably do best to stick it out and hope for another "fluke". Playing it safe isn't going to do them much good at this point.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Besides Cyrodil, the only place that might qualify as a more generic medieval fantasy setting is High Rock.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Hey, Oblivion was the closest thing to generic and recognizable medieval fantasy in the series, aside from the Arena and Daggerfall, which, back then, were during Elder Scrolls' less canonically established days. And if I'm not mistaken, Daggerfall takes place in a desert, and Arena takes place in about the same place as Oblivion 34 years before Oblivion, which would have made them the same setting anyway, and hell, Oblivion didn't even stick to one motif. There was an elf town, a Skyrim town, a swamp town, a port town, and a miniature version of Italy. And then there was the Shivering Isles in DLC.

Not to even mention Morrowind, which somehow managed to range from snow to swamp to oceans and islands and all kinds of shit. Skyrim wasn't as diverse, but it wasn't generic either. There's a subtle difference between Swedish/Irish/Scottish/Viking-themed and straight-up LOTR Medieval Fantasy. It's not like they actually had that much diversity to work with in Skyrim anyway, because the main thing about it was just, "This is the place where Vikings come from. And sometimes wars." Hell, I was surprised there were even Argonians that actually lived there.

Whatever happens, it can't be nearly as bad as the streamlined gloss-over bullshit that happened in ESO when they had everywhere in one game. And even then, it at least looked diverse as hell. If Bethesda and their shitty child company can pull off something like that, imagine what they could pull off, with new technology (even if they still use their old engine) and years dedicated to making a game in the new setting.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

My point is, they took a massive jungle with crazy blind moth priests and turned it into Generic Fantasy Setting #544, and then later adjusted the lore so it was always that way. I don't want to see the same happening to the other provinces, especially the really insane ones you know there's no practical way could survive being the focus of a game without being lobotomized and neutered.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

You do realize the game where they threw out crazy blind moth priests took place not only 200 years before most of the games, but was also the game that threw out practically all the lore and split up the races into "alternate dimensions" for the sake of making money, right? ESO is either going to be exiled from canon, or they're going to find some way to work around it, like "Oh, well, ESO happened BEFORE the crazy blind moth priests and singing axes and lusty Argonian maids..." Or maybe they'll take the ultimate revenge and put it in an "alternate dimension" that has nothing to do with the other games. Boom, kill it with its own bullshit.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

I'm assuming you mean the online game, but I'm talking about Oblivion. I don't want another interesting, unique setting getting the Cyrodiil treatment, simple as that.  

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

Beth ws dealing with a shit ton of difficulties with the system at the time. It was one of the first gamebryo games. They didn't have the option to include all the cool shit because the whole thing was already a goddamn mess of shit that was attempted and failed. Skyrim failed much more in the gameplay department, but if anything, they added lore to that setting instead of getting rid of it. Even if they do end up shaving off lore anyway, it's the closest damn thing we're going to get to actually playing in Elsweyr anyway.

Next From Bethesda

8 years ago

After a quick google search, I realize that I've actually seen the moth monks before during the thieves' guild questline.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Blind_Moth_Priest

They weren't cut out of the game, they just have very little bearing on the story of the game