Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What's the worst virus you've gotten.

8 years ago

Whether it be a Trojan, Malware Etc.

Mine was when i was around 10 or 9 and decided to get some MMO, so i used my parents email and stuff to it set up and somewhere in the process i managed to download something that made my computer background to turn into a shitload of green digits, never figured out what it was. I'm not going to lie I shit some pretty heavy bricks as i knew I was going to be disciplined as this was about the, I don't know 4th or 5th time I've downloaded something stupid and harmful. It was a learning lesson I guess. ^_^

8 years ago

One time I got Trojan on my Minesweeper for some fucking reason. I got so many antivirus notifications that the damn computer became unusable and my friend Glen had to come in to try and remove minesweeper manually. (Because you can't delete Trojan Horse shit the normal way.) But that didn't work, so we just sold the computer and let someone else deal with that bulsch.

8 years ago

I never get any of the fun viruses (e.g., those that turn your audio to full blast and start playing sex noises whenever you open the wrong e-mail), only Trovi and its knock-off cousins.

8 years ago

My brother clicked on some "get Minecraft free" link; ended up filling my PC with adware and other stuff, and sending its performance down the drain. Quite tedious to get rid of. That was one of the big reasons I reinstalled the OS.

8 years ago

Ah, yes, and where is he buried?

8 years ago

I'd never divulge that information, were what you've implied true, of course.

8 years ago

@SenPen , add this to the list of theories on what is stuck in Brad's throat.

8 years ago

I'd really like to see that list. Links?

8 years ago

Tears of inner pain,
Draconic Fire Gas,
"Personal massager",
(a?) Rabbit,
A colony of autodocs correcting a fractured larynx,
He's just been doing a lot of neck pushups,
Oddly specific weight gain,
Dried DerpBacon grease,
Silicon,
Berkazerka's distant cousin,
A mechanical pencil sharpener,
A bigger, even more suggestive prehensile tongue,
A bottle of beer,
A stack of pancakes,
A failed attempt at recreating the classic cartoon "Accordion in my gullet" gag,
Bonkerbill, who has a history with this kind of thing,
Parts of Coins' mom that have been detached due to leprosy,
An Armadillo,
Sonic the Hedgehog's quality,
Trump's spare toupee,
Robert De Niro's voice,
A failed attempt to stop himself halfway through a dragon shout,
His brother.

8 years ago

You forgot Malkalack and "horrible genetic defect due to improper cloning techniques".

I will admit, though, that I personally have been considering the possibility of a botched Thu'um. I imagine some intense tantric yelling might help.

8 years ago

Or, at least in my experience, drinking a big glass of water and then burping dislodges Thu'um pretty well... But it also causes semi-radioactive explosions and electrical fires.

8 years ago
TheWEdownloader or something like that. Basically filled my computer, even my desktop, with popup ads that followed my mouse about the screen. Took ages to get rid of. I think I got it from downloading a game and the setup wizard was so long I just skipped through it without noticing it would install other things.

8 years ago

Google redirect... It was annoying as hell. 

Almost every time I looked up something on Google and clicked on a link on Google, I would get redirected to a marketing adware type site usually somewhat related to whatever I was looking for.

It was a rootkit or bootkit too. So it was a pain to remove.

8 years ago

Although nowhere near as bad, the CinemaPlus series of adware/malware I mysteriously downloaded made any activity within a browser pretty much pointless. You click the page and bam, you've been redirected. It also slowed down my performance considerably. Thankfully, Malwarebytes saved me! 

8 years ago

Love it how despite how crippling malware can be, they're courteous enough to let you download and use malwarebytes XD

8 years ago

I'm so bent out of shape over potential computer viruses nowadays that I have like 4 different anti virus programs and 2 I pay for but my 2 year old or 3 year old PC is still virus free so thanks antivirus programs I guess lol

8 years ago

Personally I've never gotten a virus on any of my devices. My mom, however, has gotten six different ones. She's gone through four computers, and I have no idea what she downloads to get them, because she only ever uses her computer for work purposes, and that never involves downloading files. It is possible that she just got some bogus anti-virus program, but I highly doubt that, seeing as everyone else in the family uses the same program and nobody else has had any issues.

8 years ago

What antivirus does she use?

8 years ago

Pretty sure it's McAfee, unless she's switched in the month since I last checked.

8 years ago

Try Avast. It is a well-known and renowned company, and its basic security package is free.

McAfee is notorious for failing to address security issues in a timely manner and even causing issues on occasion.

8 years ago

I got the flu once when I was 7.

8 years ago

Same.

8 years ago

I got pinkeye during a road trip a few months ago. I feel bad for the people in the rest stops and gas stations I stopped at. I must have looked so contagious. 

8 years ago

My grandparents locked me in a closet when I got chickenpox. I was eight or so.

8 years ago
I'm pretty sure that's like, borderline breaking a law.

8 years ago

My dad had them watch me because he didn't want to deal with it, but a lot of people on that side of the family apparently hadn't had chicken pox, so I had to spend the entire day in isolation. I guess it's understandable, but it was still pretty Hellish. I should say that it was a "small office", which was about the size of a small walk-in closet.

8 years ago
I haven't gotten one in a long time, but probably the worst one I've gotten was like, 2 years ago. it locked up my computer and said I had to pay to unlock it or some crap like that. I just did a system restore and it was fixed right up.

8 years ago

The flu.