Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Writing Club

8 years ago

This is? a small club where, together, we will write stories and storygames. Sorry about the question marks in my posts, there's something wrong with the mobile version! Anyways, I will post the list of club members tomorrow so just reply to this message telling me. You can join and leave at any time.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Is there a certain type of storygames that you will be writing in this club? Events, maybe? I might consider joining up.

Writing Club

8 years ago

We're going to decide what we're going to do as a group. We may have a story writing competition every now and again. Do you want me to add you to the list?

Writing Club

8 years ago

Sure, I'll join up.

Writing Club

8 years ago

It starts tomorrow

Writing Club

8 years ago

Have you forgotten the fact that we're on a writing site? :P

Writing Club

8 years ago

This entire fucking site is a writing club. You can't just make a club within a club based on the same things the club is based on!

Writing Club

8 years ago

But this site is about writing story games. When creating a storygame, you connect the story together with links whereas in a story you don't. So this club is about writing stories, not storygames.

Writing Club

8 years ago

That's what the Lounge and Writing Workshop were for anyway.

Writing Club

8 years ago

In case you haven't noticedwe're in the writing wworkshop.

Writing Club

8 years ago

And what's stopping you from posting your regular stories/having competitions here?

Writing Club

8 years ago

Apparently there's some sort of CYS Mafia type organization that prevents such things.

Writing Club

8 years ago

How exactly is this different from the site in general (being a writing site) or the writing exercises that are being organised? I think it's great that you're trying to encourage people to write, but I don't really understand what makes your writing club unique. 

Writing Club

8 years ago

Does anyone actually want to join the club or are we just having a conversation?

Writing Club

8 years ago

His questions are reasonable and I think you owe him an answer. 

Writing Club

8 years ago

Last chance to g?et your name down for the Writing Club as I will post the list of people in 15 minutes.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Some information about what the club is actually about or its purpose might be helpful. Beyond 'yup we sure are going to be writing stories on this writing site, only in a club'.

How about some information about how it will be organized, why it might be interesting for people to join, the types of stories you're hoping for or...anything, really.

The most important part of writing being getting your ideas across clearly, I'd have to say the OP doesn't fill me with confidence that you know what you're doing here. 

I mean, I've actually written more words about your club in this post, and in more detail, than you did in the OP. I'm showing far more interest in it than you did and I'm not even trying to get people to join. Clearly, if anything, I should be the one put in charge of your writing club.  

Writing Club

8 years ago

Start a writing club, mizal! Do it!

Writing Club

8 years ago

This is the list for the Writing Club:

?@FlamezFury, @RoyalGhost_007, @CursedKite, @ZagHero, @TheArgentLament, @clayton_93

?

Writing Club

8 years ago

In the ?Writing Club, we hope to produce fan fiction and also new ideas. We will often have fun competitions and we will work as a team to have good times while we are writing. If you would like to join the Writing Club, please either reply to this post or PM me.

?Kind Regards

?FlamezFury, Head Of The Writing Club

RE:Writing Club Application

8 years ago

I would like to join.

Keeping this short and sweet.

Formally Speaking,

~Kite :0)

8 years ago

Right, new plan. Tomorrow is a day of getting some ideas together for our first story. Then on Friday, we'll start the story. I might be online at some complicated times for you because I am in Britain. Soon, we will have a competition for co-leader.

8 years ago

Alright, sounds great.

~Kite

8 years ago

Good news, I think the mobile version of this website has been fixed. If so, I am extremely grateful to the team at chooseyourstory.com for making such a brilliant website!

?

8 years ago

Or, maybe not.

8 years ago

Anyway, ideas for our first story are needed soon.

8 years ago

I'm working on my current project now, and need some beta testers. If you want, you can see some of my writing and do me a favor as well by proofreading through my story. PM me if you want me to send you the link.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Hey Flamez, I'd like to join.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Ok. Not starting until we have one more person.

Writing Club

8 years ago

We are now starting the writing c?lub. We can now start to discuss ideas

?

Writing Club

8 years ago

?What ?if som?eone was sucked into ?the internet and had to defea?t a virus that is ?trying to shut it down for?ever.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Here's an idea for a storygame... what if Albert Einstein invented a functional time travel device in 1946 and went back in time and killed Hitler. What would the world look like when he comes back?

Writing Club

8 years ago

First we have to all agree upon a genre and theme.

That way, we can come up with a story we all can agree on.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Good idea Kite.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Thank you!  ?(·)?

Writing Club

8 years ago

So, Guys what genre should we choose? Which do you prefer?

Also, I wouldn't advise using copy/paste emoticons Kite.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Here are a few ideas that I have:

?Time Travelling Dog

?A dog called Nipper is used to experiment time travel.

?Hunger Games Revenge Of The Capitol

?The Capitol have returned to get revenge on the districts of Panem.

?Rover And Mog Save The World

?A dog called Rover and a cat called Mog save the world from evil aliens.

Writing Club

8 years ago

@theillusiveman ?Do you want to join the club?

Writing Club

8 years ago

I have a half-assed idea i guess...might as well share it lol.

Plot: In a technologically near future, timid teenager (inset name here) joins a high risk, high concept experimental expedition alongside a team of questionable scientists inside of his father’s brain to cure multiple aneurysms before they rupture and threaten his life, wading through both biological terrors and the enlightening memories of his father’s past to rescue him before it’s too late. (the son and dad have a very distant relationship, he's a single father).

It'll possibly be really damn long though, and from the 3 or 4 stories I've read here so far they seem to be quite short, so if anyone is interested i might simplify the plot a bit.

Writing Club

8 years ago

ADD ME I WANT TO DO THIS

Writing Club

8 years ago

Can do!

Writing Club

8 years ago

I won't be able to do this one.

Sorry...

Writing Club

8 years ago

It's all good haha, it's not compulsory or anything lol.

Writing Club

8 years ago

This seems like a founded idea of sorts, I'd like to participate.

Writing Club

8 years ago

If you're referring to my story then can do my man.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Very well, you have my thanks.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Drop a vote by posting #BrainFixer if you think that we should use @TheArgentLament's idea for our first story. If you don't think think that we should use it, post #OtherIdea01

Writing Club

8 years ago

#BrainFixer. Seems an interesting plot, after all.

Writing Club

8 years ago

#BrainFixer I'll help when I can.

Writing Club

8 years ago

#BrainFixer

Writing Club

8 years ago

#BrainFixer

Writing Club

8 years ago

Okay, then we'll start on the story now.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Wait just a sec,

Is this going to be a storygame or a regular story?

Writing Club

8 years ago

Actually, shall we do another vote? Post #StoryGame01
if you think that this should be a storygame or post #Book01 if you think that it should be an actual book.

Writing Club

8 years ago

#Book01

Writing Club

8 years ago

I'm happy with it being a book #Book01

Writing Club

8 years ago

Just to let you know, we still need a vote from @clayton_97, @CursedKite and @RoyalGhost_007

Writing Club

8 years ago
Dude, I seriously thought this was dead.

Writing Club

8 years ago

It was meant to die.

Writing Club

8 years ago
You should tell that to Flames.

Writing Club

8 years ago

Thought this was long past it's use by date too lol, I was gonna just start writing my idea myself if nobody has any objections or really wants to collaborate. I don't mind personally.