Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 12/9/2015: Pretty sure it's a logging issue.

So I just saw someone hack into my account...

8 years ago

I was looking at online users and saw that an alternate account of mine was on. Except I wasn't.

I think someone hacked into my account.

As far as I know, they hadn't deleted anything, but still... If they memorized my password...It's a good thing I use a different password than this one!

8 years ago
You should probably report this to one of the Moderators or Administrators instead of posting it in the lounge...

But, to save you some time, I'll just contact them for you!

@BerkaZerka @JJJ-thebanisher @Sethaniel

What do you think guys?

8 years ago

Relax, lol. Could be for several reasons-- different browser, different? platform, etc. More likely you didn't log out on your phone or something and then checked the site on your laptop, or something to that effect. 

That or the mods think its a troll account and are potentially shutting it down. Otherwise nobody would care to hack an account on this site haha.

8 years ago

the only ips your alt's been used from are the one you're on now, and one that's been used frequently. Tan's right, prolly your alt didn't log out. Who's Online isn't super accurate- I've been on the site as a guest & this account still shows as online. 

8 years ago

But I haven't been on my alternate account for months, save just now, because I was checking up on it again...

8 years ago

Any brothers/sisters/parents/something else that could do it? 

8 years ago

I have a little sister who I've tried to introduce to the site. She thinks it's too complicated. She's forgotten about it for the fifth time, and can't remember her password, let alone mine(which I haven't told her anyway). My parents never really use the internet. And I don't think my cats could use the Internet XD

That would be awesome...

8 years ago

So, you're claiming that before yesterday you hadn't logged into it in months?  Because ip activity says it was here 11/29, 12/3, 12/4, 12/8.

(Unless there just happens to be one other person with the same ip as you)

8 years ago
Probably just logged onto it with their phone/tablet and forgot about it.

8 years ago

My thought too.

8 years ago

My phone used to log me in each time I opened my browser because I forgot I had it in a tab there. Same for my Ipad, actually my Ipad still does it thinking about it now so it is probably somthing like that.

Modern browsers like to be helpful by saving logged in status and info and automatically doing things for you without ever warning your they are doing it...