Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I've always wanted to ask this so here we go;

If all Heroes, Villains and assorted characters banded together, who do you think would come out on top in this epic battle?! Marvel or D.C.?

I'm rooting for Marvel.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Superman is literally unkillable without kryptonite, which the Marvelites would have no idea exists. D.C. would win, even though I prefer Marvel. 

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

What is magic? All of the magicians (Doctor Strange, the Enchantress, etc) would need to be killed if you want Superman to stomp, but you're not entirely wrong.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Yeah, if you think about it, some of the magical characters can warp reality.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Like that one time Loki turned spider-man into a walking, talking pig.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

That wasn't Loki, Spider-Ham was an alternate universe.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

With Supermen: DC

Without Supermen: Marvel

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Ultron could kick superman's ass. Which WOULD happen, presumably, because everyone's unquestionably teamed up according to company and not according to personal motivations.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

SuperMEN.

Referring to not just superman, but also Supergirl, Superboy, Cyborg Superman, Krypto, Etc.

Also, if I can recall, Adamantium is malleable when under intense heat.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

The millions of Space Phantoms could just entrap all D.C. characters in the limbo dimension, aside from any gods or deities.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Which Ultron would fix through applied phlebotinum, because he's basically Doomsday but super-genius. Like Doomy, you can never kill Ultron the same way twice, so unless you can list a million ways to keep him at bay until everyone else is taken care of, or one 100% definitive, failproof way to kill him permanently, he will rip the kryptonians apart one by one, and have an easier time of it with each passing one.

Also, regardig heat:

Not sure about you, but I'm pretty sure that reaches your standard laser temperature at least somewhere in there.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

D.C. just got R3KT.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Wait, are we talking about Ultron from Earth-616?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

We're talking about ALL the characters from ALL of Marvel vs. ALL the characters from ALL of D.C. They're going to bring all the Ultrons, and whether they fight the kryptonians or the Suicide Squad, it'll be a walk in the park for them.

ADDENDUM: I'm pretty sure 616 is the one in the picture, or at least 616 is involved. It looks like it's from an episode of whatever Marvel's equivalent of Crisis is.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Even then, I think there's more Supermen then there are Ultrons. Also pretty sure that heat vision is a lot hotter than regular lasers.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Yes, but Ultron gets stronger every time he dies, like Doomsday, and he is smarter than every superman combined. If they were a goddamn organized army, they wouldn't be able to stop all of them. In fact, the only reason Ultron would need more than one of himself (because he would die more often and thus find more improvements for himself if he were a one-man army, would be if they found a way to completely wipe one out of any computery technology he's ever been in contact with. If their solar are too hot, maybe he'd make himself heat-vision reflective in Ultron 2.0? Maybe he'd become a krytonite-mining machine? What can the Supermen do but be torn apart by the true Ubermensch?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Tommy gun  in the holodeck?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

You know the fight's a little unbalanced when even the dog of a DC superhero could wipe out every hero and villain of the Marvel universe.

That's basically why I hate Superman. What's the point of even having specialized, non-magician supers? Especially in the DC universe, for crying out loud?!?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Krypto even as a dog is extremely powerful. You have to admit though he would definitely be the best dog on earth during this battle.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Here's some people I think could be able to kill or neutralize superman;

The Super Adaptoid: Can copy any super-beings powers

Hulk: Limitless power and durability

Loki, Dr. Strange, basically any magic user: Superman is vulnerable to magic.

Space Phantoms: Can copy the form of any person and have them take their place in the limbo dimension.

Beyonder: Limitless God-like power and knowledge

Any rebuttals to this?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Hulk is not invincible, Supermen would shred him.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

If ALL the heroes and villains of these companies were squaring off, it would basically come down to which one of their omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient characters (E.G. Phoenix, Mr. Mxylbxthefuck) found out about the war first and decided to wish the other side out of existence.

What I do know, though, is that Superman cannot deal with Thor. Thor may not be as strong as Supes, but his hammer, in addition to being magic as fuck, is also sentient and is basically a black hole. (And the only reason it doesn't suck up everything it touches is because the universe is wrapped in plot armor and cartoon physics.) Superman did once hold a black hole in his hands, but if memory serves, it was very painful and not very good for him. Thor, on the other hand, swings that shit around like it's nobody's business. The Hulk is also capable of ramping up INFINITELY, without the help of the sun. Assuming he's sent to take on the legions and legions of superheroes that DC has, (which he will since everyone treats him like the berserker) he'll have absorbed so much shit that he'll be at least one million times more absolutely invincible than he already was, and one million times more capable of beating Superman to death with his bare hands, which it is possible to do. Apocalypse only had his fists to kill Superman with.

What I'd like to see, though, is Captain America taking on Judge Dredd.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I knew you'd come around eventually.

Edit: Holy crap, I forgot that all the people who die can be revived as black lanterns. It's like any other lantern corp but, Y'know, with the power of death.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

But everyone in Marvel who dies comes back as... Themselves... Because, plot...

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Lets just say they do die. Exept for the people who can't die.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

But, if ALL of Marvel teams up, then Lady Death would know about this and then keep letting them come back until the war is over. Death can't occur in the Marvel universe without her getting involved, (even then, it tends not to be permanent) and that's basically why Thanos is immortal... Aside from also being an overpowered, multi-galactic piece of work.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I forgot about that. *Phew*

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Marvel all the way, because of reed's son .

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Don't forget Hulk, Space Phantoms, Kang the Conqueror, Dr. Doom, Thor, Ultron, Phoenix, Beyonder, Ego, Galactus, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

You forgot The one above all 

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Which would be...?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Oh fuck Superman, Dr Manhattan would disintegrate them all and then blow up the planet for good measure... So yeah, D.C. still wins but with only 1 survivor left. cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Didn't he erase himself out of existence?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

No, he just left Earth cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Wait...

*Checks DC Wiki*

... It says that he stopped an assassination attempt on himself and saved himself from the freak lab accident...

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Hang on... (Looks it up)... In an unproduced screenplay? I don't think that counts cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Wait, what?

.... shit....

BUT!

Didn't he say he was done with humanity?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Wiki says:

"At the end of Watchmen, Doctor Manhattan decides to depart Earth again, but he might return one day. Veidt is surprised by his decision, pointing out the apparent contradiction with Doctor Manhattan's renewed interest in human life, to which Doctor Manhattan suggests that he may "create some" in another galaxy."

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Oh.

So... he's preoccupied, then?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Yeah but he could still come back cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

... ok... but how high of a chance is it he will...?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

In a scenario where ALL of the D.C. characters have to fight ALL of the Marvel characters? ... Roughly 100% cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

... do Killed and MIA characters count?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I assume so, since about 90% of comic book characters have been killed off at some point. cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Pretty sure that 90% of that 90% have been brought back to life....

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Very true. cheeky

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I have one thing to say about this topic: Deadpool.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Unfortunately this isn't a topic of "Which has the best, most fun or most interesting characters?" It's "Who would win in a fight?" And I don't think Deadpool would last long against characters like Superman, Dr Manhattan and Martian Manhunter.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Both Wolverine and Deadpool have regeneration powers. Though they probably won't be much of a threat, they could slow them down.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

He has one of those macguffin stones of infinite power and can be pretty much anywhere at any time, so he'd probably be able to take out MMH if he knew what to do with him. But his real power comes from being able to see past the fourth wall. He could extort/kidnap the writers and force them to let him win everything.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

So perhaps the question is, who would out survive the rest?

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

With the way they write Batman nowadays he could apparently take on the entire Marvel AND D.C. universe all by himself.

I like Batman and all, but it’s pretty ridiculous when he’s punching out someone like Darkseid.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago
I was going to argue that Batman was more relevant than Superman. Everything has a weakness and who better to find it and exploit it than the world's greatest detective. Plus, the original Batman will kill you without even flinching, so he can put a nice finishing touch that other heroes wouldn't.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Even though Batman has defeated the entire Justice League before, I doubt he'd survive a war like this.

Marvel For The Win?

8 years ago
So, due to the lack of evidence and rebuttals, Marvel for the win?

Marvel For The Win?

8 years ago
Batman always wins.

Marvel For The Win?

8 years ago
Always? *Lifts eyebrow in questioning manner*

Marvel For The Win?

8 years ago
Always. Even when he doesn't.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I don't like threads like these... there are too many variables that people miss. We need to ban omnipotent dieties like the Beyonders, Classic Beyonder, TOAA, Elaine Belloc, The Presence, etc. And then we need to remove abstract concepts like The Endless, Eternity, The Living Tribunal, and so on. Which leads us to a garbled mess of reality warpers and lesser gods, where the true battle begins: Rune King Thor, Mad Jim Jaspers, Cosmic Armour Superman , Mr. Mxy, Saint of Killers, Death Seed Sentry, the list goes on and on and on. Any normies without reality warping or at least a significant defense against it get squashed. This gets even more messed up if all the characters are allowed all their feats.

Answer: Nobody wins. They all have a god damn picnic instead.

Or just for the lulz: DC wins because Saint of Killers' bullets work on everyone.

(Note: Since you said assorted characters, DC imprint Vertigo gets in here)

P.S Dr. Manhattan AIN'T SHIT in this battle

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago
I'm mildly confused. If you don't like threads like these, why did you raise this from the grave? I mean, the caretakers were starting to pile dirt on it.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Because it irks me to see a VS thread with little rules.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

It's only a simple discussion of "who would win".

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

It's pretty boring to see omnipotent characters duke it out. You can't be killed if you're an omnipotent. DC and Marvel both have omnipotent characters. Therefore stalemate.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Sounds good dude.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Neither, D.C. and Marvel executives would all cancel the comic series before anybody dies because they all want to make money.  No money would be made by having a comic on Batman's corpse getting eaten by maggots.

However, if somebody crazy bought both of the companies and said, "Just let 'em kill each other!!!!!!!!!!"  Then the winner would be... neither, again.  There are far too many beings who are able to destroy all universes.  Basically, it would have been the USA vs the USSR.  They would have killed each other with their nukes if they had gone to war.  Everybody would be dead in the DC vs Marvel matchup... until everybody comes back to life for absolutely no explained reason (because these are comics after all).

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

But hey, if Marvel and D.C. ever came together to make a Marvel Versus D.C. video game, I would be all over that mess.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

They made a dc vs mortal kombat game and through mods you can have marvel vs dc...

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

A more effective solution is the M.U.G.E.N game engine. Mods are cool but you don't need them when someone created their own characters for you to download.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

DC would win. Superman or not, DC's superheroes are superior in battle.

I'm going to compare the two most major teams: Justice League (excluding Superman) versus the Avengers

Members like Hawkeye and Black Widow are useless against the Justice League, unless they go against Batman, who would destroy them both.

The Hulk would shred Aquaman.

Thor and Wonder Woman would be a fun match-up, and whoever wins that is up in the air.

Green Lantern can and would take out Iron Man and Captain America, one on one or handicapped, it wouldn't matter.

Cyborg versus Iron Man is up in the air.
Justice League FTW

And many more heroes in the DC universe are pretty badass. Green Lantern Corps would destroy the Nova Corps, etc. DC would win, and I like DC more.

But Marvel movies are awesome.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

You're forgetting, DC characters don't need to be attended to by an actual entity in order to die. Lady Death would figure out what's happening and let the marvelites keep coming back to destroy the multiversal threats.

That, and Ultron would rek the Justice League after a few interations... And Deadpool would be Deadpool.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Don't forget the space phantoms. They can easily trap most of the DC characters in limbo, while taking their powers.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Yeah and marvel has god killing guns, immortals , a guy who's power is he cant lose,swamp thing, the first civilization, the cosmic cube,exc... Oh also there is multiple hulked out beings like Redhulk,she hulk, a bomb, skaar,leader,abomination, hulk,. Then there is the purple man... 

I really only read nightewing on the dc side so i know jack all about the dc side...

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

There is a Death in the DC universe lol. 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Death_(New_Earth)

Let me defend DC for a bit.

They got Thought Robot/Cosmic Armor Superman, who could hold 52 universes and held DC's Limbo in his hands

Lucifer and Michael, brothers who could create universes at a whim (Or something like that, dunno)

The Saint of Killers, who was granted a pair of colt revolvers (I think) that could kill anyone short of God himself

The monitors, who are beings who stalk the DC multiverse for the lulz

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

DC death does her job with much more reverence, she takes everyone no matter who they are. You don't get shit like Thanos becoming immortal simply because LD personally hates him when she's in charge.

I thought Saint's one rule (aside from the fact that they never go empty or miss) was that the bullets killed everything, but I don't think I've ever seen him shoot God, so I don't know if he's the exception.

There's also the Living Tribunal on Marvel's side of the multiverse, who (it's been implied) is the servant of something even bigger and shinier than he is. Not to mention, Marvel has more fourth-wall-breaking characters. If all else fails, they can get the writers to deus-ex-machina everyone to victory. (In fact, the direct avatar of the writers themselves may be the omnipotent being that the Tribunal serves)

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

The Saint of Killers kills God in the end of the Preacher comics, but apparently if God had been sitting on his throne the bullets wouldn't have had any effect on him.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I think I would have to go with Marvel. Sure, D.C.'s got Superman, but the tiniest bit of Kryptonite can weaken him. Also, what is one thing the Marvel tem has that the DC team doesn't?

THE INFINITY GEMS. (Possibly stronger than Superman.)

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

True.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

That and superman is weak against magic and there is a lot of marvel dwellers that can perform it.

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Does dc have any race like the cree? 

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Look, I know it's already been said, but Deadpool would just win by, well, being Deadpool. He tends to get whatever he wants. In fact, I'm pretty sure he would just take out the Marvel Universe at the same time. *wink wink*

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

BTW, Deadpool is out today! WOOT WOOT!

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

I've got my tickets!

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Well Marvel has their Superman equivalent, Sentry, who has very deep psychological issues....and was the last resort to a FREAKING ZOMBIE APACOLYPSE.

APACOLYPSE.

Skaar, who is Hulk's alternate version son who can people into space with one punch.

Franklin Richards...the kid with incredulous reality manipulation.

THE PHOENIX FOURS.

And the Beyonder....

they could all beat up Superman as a team...

Marvel Versus D.C.

8 years ago

Are we talking golden superman man who haves infinite strength and speed? The guy has no limits on any thing he can do, lift a book of infinite pages? easy! Out run time? No sweat. The guy cant be beat its like his power.