Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

Did Ozzy Osborne really bite the head off of a live bat?

There seem to be three different stories:

a) Ozzy took a live bat to a performance and bit the bat's head off as part of the concert.

b) Someone threw the bat on stage, Ozzy mistook the bat for a prop, and bit the bat's head off.

c) Someone threw the bat on stage, Ozzy mistook the bat for a prop, but realized, after sticking the bat in his mouth, that the bat was alive and, repulsed, took the bat out of his mouth and let it go.

Yes, I understand that this has probably already been addressed by Snopes or other myth debunkers, but as many different stories as they are and as often as I've heard each of them addressed by celebrities and radio personalities, I think there will always be some ambiguity and mystery surrounding what really happened.

Personally, I think story C is most viable. Ozzy, like most rockers whose names aren't Ted Nugent, has, at various points throughout his life, demonstrated a love for crittermals. Story 2 is also possible, since Ozzy probably had so many different drugs in his system at the time that he wouldn't be able to tell that the bat was alive until he started swallowing blood. However, I find story 1 highly implausible, since if someone as batshit (no pun intended) crazy as Ozzy was going to bring an animal from home to kill and mutilate in front of a crowd, it would be something larger and more visible than a bat.

So, to reiterate, I don't think he actually bit a bat's head off.

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

As many variations on the story as there are, everyone seems to agree that, after the concert, everyone dragged Ozzy off to the hospital to get his shots, in hopes to avoid recreating that one really depressing episode of Scrubs in which Dr. Cox killed 3 patients because he arranged for them to receive the organs of a coke-head who appeared to have OD-ed but really died of rabies.

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

Yes, OJ murdered his ex-wife, Michael Jackson molested kids and Bill Cosby raped a bunch of women.

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

Everybody knows it doesn't count as sex if you use a cigar. :p

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

Well, he sure doesn't now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBvPpW3AYU

(Jokes aside, here's an interview where he answers that question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wod88DbHDmc)

Did he really do it?

8 years ago

C