Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

DOOM

8 years ago

Even though I played more unreal tournament during those times that was still a badass trailer.

DOOM

8 years ago

Huh? Which one?

DOOM

8 years ago

I'm guessing the one that's supposed to come out this year. Didn't know about it until Digit mentioned it though.

DOOM

8 years ago

Dammit I keep forgetting to post links. Yeah it was the new campaign trailer

Somoe else would mi ind postng it, my autocorrect is spazzing out on my phone

DOOM

8 years ago
Tell me if this works... I've never posted a link on the forums. DARN. Nevermind. Sorry...

DOOM

8 years ago
I was actually trying for the link on Screen Rant that tells about the game and its release date. But thanks Bradin. :) I'm now up to three fulls pages of scripting notes for myself just from the articles on the Help and Info page and you lol.

DOOM

8 years ago

What are you typing in that isn't working?

DOOM

8 years ago
Well, I wasn't even sure at first if you needed to script to add a link to a forum page. (Should have known better...) Then, I tried to rewrite it like yours. I don't know how to do a lot of it yet; I'm still learning.... Yay, see I am learning! Thanks once again Bradin! Where would I be without you? (Shudder.)

DOOM

8 years ago
Gotta love that autocorrect, right? Not really!! I'm am using Kindle, and this darn thing is gonna end up making me break it into tinsy tiny, itty bitty little bits... I swear it takes me half an hour to post anything longer than a sentence because I have to go back every other word almost and correct the autocorrect. And just imagine how long it is taking me to add scripting into my story. Just one line of script can take two hours to finish depending how cooperative its being that particular day. I'm shopping for a desktop now... (and gonna run this Kindle over 10 times with my truck before letting my dog relive herself on it. Hehe)

DOOM

8 years ago
My thoughts on the trailer:

I'm sooooo frickin excited they are finally making another Doom game! That was one of my all time favorite games for Playstation and Playstation2 when I was in high school. I still remember I once stayed up playing for 3 days straight to win a bet that I (a girl) could beat all 3 Doom games. A bet that I, of course, won. Hehe. I also remember that when I finally went to bed right after I beat Doom 3, I had crazy scary dreams with sound effects from that darn game. It was almost impossible to win without the sounds; so after 3 days and nights of hearing them, they frickin just wouldn't go away. Those sounds are forever embedded in the recesses of my mind... (Hearing them again in the trailer brought 'em all back to the surface lol.)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, the game looks like it will be fun. It's cool to see how far technology has came with graphics and such since the first Doom games were created. I can't wait to play it!! Personally, I still think the original 3 were scarier! If you've never played any of those, I recommend you do so. Otherwise, you missed out on a creepy but great game series, way better than the movie. And if you have some spare time, try to do what I did. Beat all 3 Doom games in a row. And see if you have any weird dreams after....

DOOM

8 years ago
It looks absolutely amazing. The graphics and audio is spot on from what I can tell. Although it's not my type of game I might actually give this one a try.

DOOM

8 years ago
I recommend it. I'm hoping it is just as good as the other ones. Did you ever play the older Doom games? The graphics weren't the best, but I think that's what made it so scary. (And did you hear the growl in the trailer right before that creature pounces on you? Omg. I better not sleep tonight, just in case.)If your interested in the older ones, I believe you can still play on desktop.

DOOM

8 years ago

Always preferred Blood (and its expansions) over Doom. I wish that one would get a reboot.

DOOM

8 years ago
I never played it, but it looks like something I would like. When I finally get my new desktop, which should be any day now, I will have to check it out. Even though, unfortunately, I rarely have time to play anymore. ;(

DOOM

8 years ago

Eh, it's better than 3, I guess.

DOOM

8 years ago

There are a few things more trustworthy than a video game trailer. Among those things are Ford, Mexican tap water, and Hitler's promises of world peace. Having actually see a gameplay video, I can say that It's just fine, I guess. It's pretty much exactly like Doom 4, except they swapped out cheap horror and melodrama for the badass of its predecessors. You seem to be able to carry a bunch of weapons, (hopefully you get to keep a big arsenal in your back pocket like in the original DOOMs.) the AI is smarter than the average FPS AI, and they seem to act pretty in-character during combat.(Imps slink and jump around and throw fireballs from behind obstacles, Zombies plod around like zombies and shoot like space marines)  and the melee kills are fucking glorious. (Ever wanted to grab a zombie and cave in his face with his own foot?) But in the end, it's still a sweaty, brown-filtered first person shooter that forces platforming on you... And the platforming looks like a fucking nightmare. Higher ledges will be way higher that you'd think you'd be able to reach, and you have to hit it right so it reaches the middle of the screen for you to grab it and climb up... Ugh...

It'll be a nice homage, if nothing else. Hopefully it isn't as easy as it looks in the trailer...

DOOM

8 years ago

Looks like Id noticed that people liked Brutal Doom.