Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

My Artwork

8 years ago
@the_quiller Z

Here is my artwork, as requested! Click Here to View

If anyone else wants to also post their artwork here, feel free!

My Artwork

8 years ago

I really like the bird! Cardinal, I suppose?

My Artwork

8 years ago
I have no idea. If you're a fellow artist, the same bird is on the box of pencils when you buy it. I just randomly sketched that looking at the pic on the box of pencils... :P

My Artwork

8 years ago

Birds are cool though. And you can never take that from me! 

My Artwork

8 years ago
Omg.... did the link stop working!?! Smh...

My Artwork

8 years ago

Mine works.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Telling me that Imgur is having problems....

My fav is the rose. It's actually a watercolor. Hard to do...

My Artwork

8 years ago

Roses are always complicated because of the design lol. 

My Artwork

8 years ago
noice

My Artwork

8 years ago
Thanks, Ford. As of these were painted or drawn before I was 18...

10 years... OMG! Has it really been that long?!? 0_o

My Artwork

8 years ago

the plant one is looks great, nice shading.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Thanks! I tried. I actually got failing grades for some of these. All were done in high school, I took 4 years of art. I originally even wanted to be a art teacher, although I still think it all sux!! Lol. Only posted for Quiller, really.

My Artwork

8 years ago

You no like me D:

My Artwork

8 years ago
You didn't ask, lol... (never said I didn't like you, smh.) No need for the airhorn! Why can't we be friends? Lol! :P

My Artwork

8 years ago

No, when you said it's only for Quiller. But okay, I call a truth. 

EDIT: Er-I mean truce

My Artwork

8 years ago
Oh wowowowow. That very first red flower is gorgeous. And your bird drawings are so on point.

But what really makes my jaw drop is the patterning and shading you did in that picture of the mother and her infant, because everything in that sketch looks amazing. I wish it had been colored, because the way you color is very bold and beautiful, with so much saturation and use of primary tones. (But especially that first flower. I just can't get over how nicely you shaded its petals.)

Gaaaah. How do you art? I am completely and unrepentantly jealous of your coloring skills.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Thanks for the compliments! Told ya that your jaw would drop... XD

But really? That one? Please.... I didn't even finish so I got a 60 lol. And the baby had a double chin! (Told ya I can't draw people, at all!) And that rose was seriously had as hell... you can see where the colors tried to blend. Watercolors are so freakin' hard! It's a shame I stopped doing art when I stopped writing.

And oh man... wish I could show you my paper mache! I made a 2 foot tall punk monkey and a piggy bank that had a shirt that read 'Bite Me' lol. It even had a wire twirly tail... :P (Sadly, they didn't survive.)

My Artwork

8 years ago

Okay i am working on something at the moment and i'll share it when i am done.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Looking forward to it! (It's so makes me uncomfortable to be the only one sharing!) XD

My Artwork

8 years ago

Unfortunately though i can't do originals... i have to look at a picture when drawing. NOT TRACING! I despise tracing.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Most of mine were actually from drawing looking at something as well...

Just compare my Site 59 drawing. (People and freedrawing aren't my forte, lol.)

My Artwork

8 years ago

There's nothing wrong with tracing as practice to get a better feel for how to draw different styles though. As long as you don't repost the traced artwork and claim it as your own.

Sometimes you don't realize the subtle things you're doing wrong until you draw something that's actually right.

(Although, what you're doing is much harder and will definitely improve your skills faster, tbh.)

My Artwork

8 years ago

I'll post some of my recent stuff....

My Artwork

8 years ago
SOUNDS GOOD!!

My Artwork

8 years ago

Just uploaded it. Here you go guys.

http://imgur.com/a/MwCyo

My Artwork

8 years ago
Awesome, Zag! Looks real good. How long have you been drawing? And whatever you do never stop for anything. I haven't really drawn in 10 years, aside from my recent sketch.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Oh thanks! I've been drawing for a while, but it took me a while to get sorta-good. XD. I remember making poor quality comics about super-heroes when I was a little kid.

My Artwork

8 years ago

LOL, I remember doing that too. And drawing things like uber powerful ninja swordsman with green fire hair and demon wings, or really badly choreographed fight scenes, haha.

We all gotta start somewhere though, so I'm glad you stuck with it and got good!

My Artwork

8 years ago

Haha! Yeah, I remember making up a few wacky heroes and strange monsters.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Whoa, awesome sketchdump! You have a ton of creative ideas, haha. And you can draw so many different things, I'm kinda envious, since I can't do non humanoids or robots to save my life. ^^

My Artwork

8 years ago

Thanks! I just draw whatever's in my mind half of the time.

My Artwork

8 years ago
View post on imgur.com
But, I don't know how this got in there.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Do you draw on a tablet?

My Artwork

8 years ago

Well, yeah. Now I do. I got it pretty recently, and it was kind of tricky to begin. But, I got it down in a few hours.

My Artwork

8 years ago
That's fast, haha! It took me weeks before the stuff I drew on my first tablet stopped looking like crap XD. My lines were all wobbly and I couldn't get the hang of pen pressure AT ALL.

Which tablet are you using?

My Artwork

8 years ago

Well, I can draw much better traditionally, and faster too. I use a Wacom.

My Artwork

8 years ago

I have a tablet too, but it doesn't work on my laptop, and everyone else is always using the computer...

My Artwork

8 years ago

;_;

This cruel world...

My Artwork

8 years ago
Maybe your tablet driver isn't running right? If it's a software problem, you should be able to fix it.

My Artwork

8 years ago

No, its just that my laptop doesn't have a thingy for the CD that allows me to use it. Don't ask me about computers.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Try downloading the driver? There's probably one on the product's website.

My Artwork

8 years ago

My Artwork

8 years ago
Which tablet are you using? The manufacturing company usually has a website that offers download for their drivers (that's how I installed mine, and I haven't had any issues).

My Artwork

8 years ago

I'll have a look at doing that sometime. ^_^

My Artwork

8 years ago
Same here :) I've tried Huion tablets too, but Wacom still works best imho.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Also, I don't have any special drawing software. I just use that good ol' fashioned Paint.

My Artwork

8 years ago
...you poor soul. D: Why on EARTH would you use the soul-sucking evil that is MS Paint? Do you want Paint Tool SAI? I can give you a link to Paint Tool SAI. Or even GIMP. I feel morally obligated to intervene.

My Artwork

8 years ago

I don't even know what those are... `_`

But, it isn't so bad.

My Artwork

8 years ago
PLEASE start using GIMP or SAI. They're both much more professional and way less chunky.

My Artwork

8 years ago

...so you're telling me...that you managed to get as good as you are...without ever using a real painting program?

Well, if you want to draw digitally, you really should consider making your own life a lot easier:

Paint Tool SAI

GIMP

Unlike MS Paint, these will give you layers, opacity settings, different kinds of brushes, textures, filtering, color balance, masking, overlay, lighting effects, smudge, clone tools, blending...you know what, it'd take all day to list everything, so you should just get one and play around with it.

If you really want to get serious, upgrade to Photoshop or Manga Studio (those cost money though, but they have so many more amazing options)

My Artwork

8 years ago
You do kinda need to get the hang of it though, with all of those options. And Manga Studio has really cool stuff but chances are you aren't going to use as many of it when you're not drawing manga.

My Artwork

8 years ago
True, the learning curve is a bit steep, but not that much steeper than getting the hang of a tablet in the first place. And haha, sorry, I might be letting how much I covet Manga Studio bias my advice (...but I want it so badly. Premade textures. Those perspective guides. 3D rotation. I NEED THIS. Why do I have no munny? ;___;)

My Artwork

8 years ago
I'm stuck with Paint Shop Pro 7 because of no munnies,so shutup;__;

My Artwork

8 years ago
...I'm so sorry. My condolences.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Ah well, it could be worse. Like.. MS Paint. -.-

My Artwork

8 years ago

Hey, it's not that bad! 

*looks around* Well... *Crickets chirp*

My Artwork

8 years ago

Ah well, it could be worse. Like... MS Paintbrush 1.0

My Artwork

8 years ago

Very true.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Adobe Photoshop CS2 has been put up for free.

It's a bit outdated, but that what I used to make these things. (1,2,3

My Artwork

8 years ago

(>_>) um, yeah.

Thanks for all the stuff! I hope I can start a webcomic someday.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Is this your permanent username? I liked the name "ZagHero".

My Artwork

8 years ago

Yeah, I like that name too. But until I figure out how to log on it, I'll use this one. However, Zaguiza is my #1 alias.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Thanks for all the help! I'll probably use these in the very soon future.

My Artwork

8 years ago

It's not as bad as it was, but still, there's way better. Like, especially ones designed to work with tablets.

My Artwork

8 years ago

...wat

...10/10?

My Artwork

8 years ago

Haha! thx m8!

My Artwork

8 years ago
I'll show off some of mine too then.
Stuff. I'm on mobile so I can't show off any digital fancies.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Awww.... love the teddy bear. XD

The rest was amazing as well! Thanks for sharing! You are talented artist...

My Artwork

8 years ago
I was just editing, it's supposed to be old to new because of imgur upload orders.
Thank you! Fantasy is more of my specialty though. I couldn't draw realistically if it were for my life.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Holy crap, those dragons are EPIC. All your fantasy creatures are amazing! And looking at your guidelines, you freedraw all of them without references?! HOW. TALENT. GIMME.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Thanks xD Yeah, I do like 98% without references, mainly cause I'm in school or things like that and it's easier to just do without. I only ever reference humans and specific characters.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Whoa! Gotta love that shading!

My Artwork

8 years ago

I didn't know you could draw.

10/10

My Artwork

8 years ago
Swiftie! Love the bunny. ^^

My Artwork

8 years ago
Oops... stupid kindle!

My Artwork

8 years ago
*picks jaw up from floor* no words... i'm in awe! XD

(Now that is shading!) I love it...

My Artwork

8 years ago
That shading is top notch though. Wow.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Whoo! I like that knight!

My Artwork

8 years ago

Looks nice.

9/10 needs more cowbell.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Here is a random assortment of mine.

Awesome artwork, everyone! ^_^

My Artwork

8 years ago
It's fantastic, and so many talented artists were just hiding their abilities!

I love the softness of your lines, by the way. How are you getting them to do that?

My Artwork

8 years ago

I don't press very hard on my tablet (but this was when its pressure-sensitivity was still working :/), and/or I turn opacity way down. Not sure why I do it. I actually have to create multiple copies of a layer to darken the lines sometimes!

My Artwork

8 years ago
But the effect is worth it! It looks very, very nice.

I have to duplicate my lineart layers too, although not for the same intentional artistic flair yours has. I always draw super zoomed in, and then when I zoom out, the lines are too faint, whoops.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Nice drawings! I love your profile, btw! :)

My Artwork

8 years ago

Yeah, I like the soft lines! I also liked the pictures of Sent. :P

My Artwork

8 years ago

These are all adorable.

Tenouttaten.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Awesome! Like quiller said, your lines look amazing. Mine are too thick/bulky/chunky/ugly in general even with pressure sensitivity turned on xD I usually try to make up by like.. Coloring the whole damn thing? You don't need that at all to make your drawing look nice. *-* I like how artsy/painty the whole thing looks.

My Artwork

8 years ago

This was an experiment with a different style for a commission I got a while back: link

Still haven't got the hang of painting real life people, haha, and it's one of the only times I bothered with a full colored background.

My Artwork

8 years ago

YOU DREW THAT!!!??

My Artwork

8 years ago
I had a reference for the background, but the people are from scratch. First time I tried painting without lineart.

My Artwork

8 years ago

That was freaking beautiful. I really wish I have the talent. I use to draw and draw and draw until I started realizing it was crap.

My Artwork

8 years ago
I used to draw and draw and everything I drew was crap. But after 10+ years of drawing crap, you're bound to improve sooner or later.

My Artwork

8 years ago

And also, I am so lazy I don't want to transfer the photos to my computer. Eh, I know right?

My Artwork

8 years ago

I'm no better in that regard, but really, the only way you're going to stop making subpar art is to keep at it so you can learn from those mistakes and build upon and improve your skills.

My Artwork

8 years ago
I think it's impressive you drew the people from scratch. Somehow my humans always end up with a dislocated arm, knee or elbow xD

My Artwork

8 years ago
Quiller, you had mad skill! I envy you! ;)

My Artwork

8 years ago

Whoa! Nice!

My Artwork

8 years ago

>Compliments on shading.

>Proceeds to wreck recipient with an even better work.

>Crushes the inner snowflake.

10/10 would sike again. And while I'm still salty : fulfill your namesake gdi

My Artwork

8 years ago

My creative juices are released at night, so I have only a couple bits of art. But I'll get an imgur account or whatever so I can share it. Be right back.

My Artwork

8 years ago
Can't wait to see yours as well! Everyone's work is awesome!!!

My Artwork

8 years ago

I like this.

10/10

My Artwork

8 years ago

@breezy134

@ZagHero

@Swiftstryker

@MadHattersDaughter

@TacocaT

All of it looks delicious!

My Artwork

8 years ago

Thanks bud.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Would any of you artists be up to playing the Three Lines Game?

My Artwork

8 years ago

Usually when I put pencil to paper, it ends up looking like a pomergranate-butter-and-shit sandwich, but this time, I feel like I did arright. After a lengthy discussion with a friend about such matters during a babysitting session where we made let the kids watch Kung-Fu Panda, I was trying to figure out what the hell kind of animal would represent the Drunken Kung Fu style, because all the other ones were fairly straightforward, (Tiger, Snake, Monkey, Crane, etc.) but who would the Zui Quan guy be? Not a panda. Panda's probably more of a Tai Chi guy than anything. Honestly, the most drunken-boxer-y animal I've ever seen is probably the Koala... Aaanyway, no more stalling. Master Tiger vs. Koala So 

My Artwork

8 years ago

I liked what you've done with your character pic though. It's cool.

My Artwork

8 years ago

I can color in a bone.

My Artwork

8 years ago

Did you draw your pic?

My Artwork

8 years ago

Hey, if you sneeze during the coloring process and you shake your mouse during the mini-convulsion, and it causes you to accidentally color a huge line across your picture... Would you say... You made... A boner?

My Artwork

8 years ago

For some reason, I don't get it.

But, ha! I get it ol' pal!

My Artwork

8 years ago

...Why, yes, I believe I would, Doctor.