Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

New Harry Potter Book #8!!!

8 years ago

What do you think about the new Harry Potter book coming out? Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!

I think it will be pretty good, the only thing that sucks is that it will be 19 years later so it feels like it's not really attached to the other ones because it's so far apart from them.

8 years ago

They are coming out with another?!

8 years ago

yea see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Cursed_Child

This link is kind of mainly about the play but there is a book also.

8 years ago

Oh, okay.

8 years ago

It's not actually by the same author, either.  

And so far, they're making it sound like it's just the script of the play, not a novelization.

8 years ago

Well I also found this link that talks about the book and everything and I think it is by the same author:

http://blog.scholastic.com/ink_splot_26/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child.html?eml=KIDS/e/20160315////Stacks/bookfeature//test////&ET_CID=20160315_KIDS_STACKS_Test_16629&ET_RID=642637129

8 years ago

It's a play by Jack Thorne based on a story by Jack Thorne, John Tiffany, and JK Rowling.

So she helped come up with the story (maybe- she may just get credit since she created the characters)

But she didn't write it, Jack Thorne did.

And again, that link clearly states it's a script book.  I'm sure they'll novelize it eventually, because people will buy it, but all there is right now is the printed script of the play.

7 years ago

My thoughts are:

Grffindor?

Albus doesn't care.

You'll cry though.

7 years ago

I have read the book, it's alright but sadly it is in the play form which I dislike. I would still recommend the Cursed Child.