Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Is there a storygame(published) without anybody leaving rating 1?

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Why? Probably, but none of the popular ones.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Your game. That's why it was deleted.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

What? He means games where no one has given it a 1.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Damn't Steve, I was editing!

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Lolz

No 1 rating

8 years ago

He got banned.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Probably one of endmaster's games... Unless some pc Nazi rated the game 1/8 for telling the truth.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

"PC Nazi"

Bitch what?

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Ground Zero 607 ones
Necromancer 364 ones
Eternal 329 ones
AVSCYS 206 ones
Death Song 130 ones
Love SICK 118 ones
TFTB 111 ones
Innkeeper 67 ones
Geek 46 ones
Alpha Wolf 32 ones
Repression 31 ones
TRASH 18 ones
Paradise Violated 17 ones
SSS 14 ones
Imagination 8 ones

Grand Total (so far): 2098 ones

WINNING! yes

No 1 rating

8 years ago

I won't name names but the closest thing people get of revenge on here is to give someone's story a 1 with a smug face, little victory whoop and a "this is what you get when you mess with me". Or At least that's what I imagine some people on here do.

No 1 rating

8 years ago
No.

With more people making it harder to reach end links though, there very well could be in the future.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Yay! laugh

No 1 rating

8 years ago

One person rated Homo Perfectus 8 a 1. 

No 1 rating

8 years ago
I found one with no ratings of two... (I probably shouldn't have done that -- someone is going to go give it a two right now, aren't you?)

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Lol. Someone must've seen this post and rated it 1 just for the lolz.

No 1 rating

8 years ago
Does it count if it is only a month old?

No 1 rating

8 years ago

No 1

No 1 rating

8 years ago

There are two responses to your inquiry:

1) If someone takes even a semi-literate approach to a new story that isn't based on personal prejudice and the story does not contain an obvious error or lack of effort then rational critics will rate it 2/8 or above based on their own personal standards.

2) If you take a personal dislike against an author or his subject matter you will entirely disregard the literary rationale side of any discussion concerning the story and rate it negatively based on your own personal, and probably questionably based, prejudices.

Hence why some WC stories get rated 8/8. Hence why some of the most popular stories on this site get 1/8 ratings when the general consensus is in that they deserve a 7/8 rating. The problem is not with the author but with the critic. Essentially you could answer your own question by taking the time to explore the ratings of stories in the Top Rated Category.

Personally I think having bad reviewers is worse than having bad authors because bad authors will get help sooner or later. If you have bad reviewers who can't tell for themselves the difference between a good or bad story then this site may have a new difficulty to deal with :) Generic judgements and not taking the time to actually read new stories but judging them on what faster people have judged them or based on the reviewers own prejudices is as detrimental as a crappy WC story. You can put the drawbacks of a site down to an individual target or a select group of individual targets but basically everyone is responsible for raising the general standard.

My boring moralistic outburst is over, I'm returning to writing Magellan 4 now :)

No 1 rating

8 years ago

At the pace you're writing, I wouldn't be surprised if your profile will need an entire new page to hold all your stories in about half a year's time! I'd ask you for your secret if I didn't already know about your small predicament. Being kidnapped and chained to a desk in a musty basement definitely helps the writing go along.

It's either that, or you're just a really dedicated writer. But nah, that's a bit farfetched.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Haha I can never decide what I want on my Profile page and nah, Steve and Chase are the kidnapped/kidnapee, I just really enjoy writing in my free time and go into sort of "lockdown mode" where I write for several hours. I think it helps I don't play Forum Games or go on the Forums when I'm writing, resisting the evil temptations of Youtube and the Internet is useful too :P Magellan 4 is about half-finished now depending on how the story develops...

No 1 rating

8 years ago

I'm seriously considering a sort of 'lockdown mode' of my own. Like, taking my laptop far away from any place with internet acces and just spending all weekend writing a bunch of pages in Word.

The problem is I always like to test my scripting as I go along, and when you're writing the pages on the site it's such a distraction having the forums and the rest of the internet right there.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

Yes. Someone else understands.

No 1 rating

8 years ago

MinecraftLover, what was the purpose behind this question? Because if you're wondering why your stories always get 1s and are eventually removed, I hate to break it to you but there's no real mystery explanation there other than 'they deserve it'.