Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Hi! I have recently joined this site and I am very excited about it. I was wondering, what type of Storygames do we write? All I know so far is that WC is banned. What else is there to know about writing CYS Storygames? 

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Welcome to CYS, always good to see an enthusiastic new member. No other kind of story has been banned, strictly speaking, if that's what you mean. We do ask that you not write anything beyond an "R" rating in maturity, and we strive for quality (your post indicates that you can spell and use grammar, so I'm not really worried) but other than that... whatever you like. My first game involves a witch, a dinosaur, ebola, six magic weapons, elusions to reincarnation, and a coyote deity. xD My second game is a bloody trip into very distant, alternate future where technology was basically abandoned and the world return to feudal age tech under the iron fist of an insane enchantress.

Endmaster, Briar_Rose, Killa, Will11, Madglee, and various other authors have all written amazing games about a very large range of topics. Check the "top rated" and the games that are featured (listed directly under each category) if you wanna see what our community likes the most out of each category. 

I'd also strongly recommend that you check out the Help & Info articles since they're a big help for new community participants. Feel free to drop me a line if you need advice / assistance, and I hope you enjoy your time here. ^^ 

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago
Not much really. Just have fun and focus on creating a story with good grammar. It doesn't have to be long to be good. Also, you may check out the Help and Info section for invaluable advice. Welcome to CYS, enjoy your stay! :-)

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Welcome to the site.

Take your time with your first storygame.

It's a first impression.

Make it count.

Also recommend you use the Advanced Editor

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Worth noting that Endmaster, one of the best writers here, does not use advanced editor. I don't think it's at all necessary for a good story.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Also worth noting that he is one of the only well-known writers on here who does. It's not necessary to write a good story, no, but there's still a lot more you can do.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

I think he does just to orgainize chapters.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Good luck, spend some time on your game before you publish it. I wish you luck!

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

As for writing a story, write what you know and what you like! As Kiel mentioned, read the Help & Info section, too, there's lots of good stuff there.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Hi! Welcome to the site.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Thank-you everyone. I am really excited to start my first storygame. You all were very helpful. Are there any Storygames that you highly recommended? If so, please tell me.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago
Anything by EndMaster, Briar_Rose, BerkaZerka, Sethaniel, Will11, insanebutvain, Ogre11, or Kiel_Farren

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

And Steve.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago
Yes, and Steve24833

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Thank-you @MasonJarGuzzi and @Bucky. I will check those authors' storygames out.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

And if you like Sci-fi/Fantasy, try the Homo Perfectus series.

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Almost anything in the top rated categories or by the authors recommended (all of which have a story in the top rated category...) is a good place to start. Glad you've dropped by the forum and are taking time to look around at what the site has available, one of the pitfalls many new authors fall into is feeling like they need to rush a story out immediately.

(Reading your profile, I don't have any worries! Also "Advice - Read lots and lots. After reading so much, you will write better." Yes. This x1000. You'll do fine here :D ) 

Hi! ~Writing Storygames.

7 years ago

Hi~~