Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/11/2016: Already workable workarounds

Ability to change story starting chapter.

7 years ago

Ok, I was going to wait to post another thread, but this is important.

I think you should implement the ability to change the chapter that your story game starts on in the advanced editor.  It would solve problems like the one I am having now.  I was making a story game, and I realized that I needed to move some pages into a separate chapter in order to make an important link work.  The problem was, that they were the pages in the very beginning of the story, and I couldn't change what chapter the story started on.  The only solution I can see would be to copy most of the pages in that chapter into a new one, which would be really inconvenient.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope that I put this in the right forum.

7 years ago

Solution; Make 1 extra page in your starting chapter, have that be the first page. A sort of filler page. On the link, there's something special you can do that involves $DEST or something (ask around - I know it exists, I just don't know how to do it myself.) where you can have the destination of the link go to a different chapter, to any page instead of just what you listed as the first.

7 years ago
You really don't need to use chapters at all. In fact, if you do not, you won't ever see this happen.

That said, if you want to, as mentioned, you can create a new page in your first chapter and use that as your starting page. Then you can keep things simple and just create a link to the page in the other chapter that you want to use.

7 years ago
This has been suggested and rejected before (probably many times).  Here is the last one...