Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

This is something I have wanted to talk to some people about for ages, like a deep discussion on which gaming machine is better.

Can everyone post which is their favorite and then we'll talk about why.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Ok....... guess I have to get the wheel rollin', So I think that PC is the best, if you upgrade it fully it can play Any pc game on it with maximum graphics.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Which of the three can support low-end to high-end VR, has modular parts to match any budget, doubles as a workplace machine, use both console controllers and keyboards among other peripherals, can host dedicated servers 24/7, and can play CD's, DVD's, and software not exclusive to a single company's store?

Given, you pay triple the amount to make sure this all runs smoothly, but the point still stands.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Exactly! and quite frankly, why by a console that in a year or two will not be able to make the new games look as good when you can buy a pc and keep upgrading it as you go so you can always enjoy maximum graphics!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Now that we all know that PC is superior, lets talk about the second-best, PS4

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

But as Swift said, it's all pretty expensive.

If you want a normal run-of-the-mill laptop/computer tower to run next-gen games, you need the Graphics Card.... the RAM... a better CPU... that kind of stuff. Plus, you have to take it apart. On wrong fuckup and it's another part to buy.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Wouldn't it be worth it, an amazing gaming machine and an all-round powerful computer for your everyday life.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Not if I have to not only pay 30-50 bucks for each part and look up a tutorial on how to insert said part and not fuck up my PC.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

first of all, can I ask you to stop swearing, second of all,.... why not just buy a powerful laptop?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I apologize.

And spend just as much, if not MORE, than a console on opening day? No thanks.

I'm not made of money.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I feel sorry for you, *in narrative voice* "And after Tim got tired of the consoles graphics he lost all sense of purpose in life, if only he got a powerful pc like Zeph said, he would have been so much happier.......

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I'm sorry, but I don't give two Shiiiiiiiingles about the God darn graphics.

Can I play it? Is it fun? Cool.

Plus, PC has much more dirty, dirty hackers than console.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

At least PC has a lot less annoying kids than consoles. and except for the usage you don't have to pay any online charges.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I don't go online. Well, except for games like Titanfall and Rocket League that are meant for it. So I just sorta buy in bulk and use it when I want to.

Also, there's a mute button.

Thanks for changing the subject, beeteedubs.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Whoa!!! are you calling me beeteedubs?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Beeteedubs = btw = by the way.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

how the HELL does that stand for btw? what about the dubs part?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

How do you say "w"?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

double u.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Double

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

You're not being very charming, you know?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I'm not trying to charm, but I can see that you think I am. Nice to know that I have a passive effect. Thank you.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

No, no you don't, I just saw your profile and saw charm  +10.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Well, alright then. I wasn't trying anyway, so it's fine.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile, though!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Its okay, I'm sure if you tried you could be very charming.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Thanks!

Anyway, all I'm saying is that while PC is better in terms of games and such, it costs a lot for prerequisites.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Yes he is. He has a +10 charm buff. It's kind of hard for him not to be.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

PC. *mic drop* 

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Is there a problem Kiel? can I call you that?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I meant is there a problem with PC, I hope it didn't sound personel Kiel!  heh......can I call you that? or should it just be Kiel_Farren?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

You said pick my favorite. I did. And the last name is unnecessary, just Kiel is fine.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

OMG! I am so sorry! I thought you meant like PC? *mic drop* as being in shock that i would chooose that.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

... You seem familiar.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

me? oh wow! that's cool, who do I resemble? 

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Don't play dumb.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Where's the Wii U? You gamers and your elitism...

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

the Wii U isn't good enough to be here, besides no ones plays mario kart anymore.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I play Mariokart every day..... So that isn't true.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I believe me and my 3DS would like to have a word with you.

*Ahem*

So it has come to my attention that you think "no-one plays mario kart anymore".

I play DS, Wii, and 7. A lot of people play the classics and even the Wii U's, so whilst the Wii U's PROFITS suck, Mario Kart 8 and the many other great games do not.

*Drops Mic*

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Ok , Im sorry, I was wrong, I too used to love playing Legend of Zelda, but the wii or wii u isn't strong enough to compete with ps4 , xbox one or PC.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Playstation because I grew up with it. I tried x-box but the controls got all funky. I have stuck with Playststion my whole life. Some PC games are cool but...all you do is hit buttons on a keyboard and click a mouse.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

you do know you can get controllers for PC, and Really? every single day? that's ummm... it is uhh... commited! yes I almost forgot the word there for a second heh, but I use to love mariokart and zelda but then I got into Call of Duty!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I know...just....I like flatscreens better than computer screens. And i like it all. I play LOTS of games. I love cod

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

PC's have HDMI out too,so you can use the same tv you use for other games.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago
It's cheaper, and more reliable, in the long-run to buy a PC and its parts.

The reason why I say it is more reliable in the long-run is that eventually, specific consoles will die out. In fact, consoles are selling less everyday - that's why there are console exclusives which also work to build up console loyalty. There's no sugar-coating it. Console hardware will eventually need to be upgraded, or its lowering profits will mean that production stops eventually. Since a PC's uses are not dependent on a particular purpose (gaming for consoles, although they have tried to expand to other purposes), and can be used for a number of things, it's more reliable in the long-run to buy a PC.

The reason why I say it's cheaper relates to my above point; you really want to get your money's worth and for a console, I just feel like there aren't enough benefits to a console vs a PC. Swift's argument is really, really important here. There's just more available on a PC. Modding, peripherals, use as a workstation and a gaming station, etc. Plus, games are definitely cheaper on PC than on console, so if that's what you're using your console for, then the 'PC is more expensive than console' is a weaker argument.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

That, and you don't need to buy a $50 a month membership to play games on the internet. All you need is the internet you already paid for, dammit.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

The days that I didn't know of steam and was ball busted by the evil Disney empire that runs the sweatshop of club penguin.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Is it sad if I played that game a lot?

(not nowadays, no.)

PS3 you don't have to buy those crappy internet-access card things. That's why I prefer the PS3 as a online console.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I'm not sad that I played it, I'm sad I got sucked into a shitty 15 bucks a month deal. Now it's all about the CSgo skins boiiiiii.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Plus its not that expensive, a good pc is only about 200-300 dollars more than a console.

Xbox 360 Vs PS4 Vs PC Vs PS3 vs Wii U Vs 3DS

7 years ago

PS3, I don't care what anyone says; PS3 will always be my favorite.

I suppose the 3DS comes in 2nd place though.

THEN PC. (Because I have a shitty laptop, and I don't really buy games for my PC. (Except for Minecraft and RollerCoaster Tycoon. Because those games are awesome.))

(but i wish i had a better computer anyway)

Xbox 360 Vs PS4 Vs PC Vs PS3 vs Wii U Vs 3DS

7 years ago

Yeah, the PS3 and Xbox 360 can still kick ass!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

In my opinion, all consoles and PCs  are created equally. 

It just depends on the game.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Well said.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I can assure you that playing Skyrim on the xbox vs. playing it on the PC are two very different experiences. No matter what you're argument is, your statement is in every sense, incorrect. 

Source: I own and play both frequently.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Well it depends on your computer. Pretty sure that my computer could run Skyrim if it was at 60 fps. Some computers won´t run it well. So you can't really comparre it to that.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Well said.

(I have a laptop, by the way.)

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

You really don't know what the hell modding can do to your Skyrim, do you?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I do, I have it on my PC. Nexus Mods all day!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

...good God, all those ENBs and unofficial patches and you STILL think PC and consoles are on equal footing?

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Actually they're not, there is a huge difference between a PS4 and a fully upgraded PC, no matter what console they make, PC will always be better and more powerful.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

The cheapest one.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Haha, same.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

PC.

At least I have the pleasure of having my hundreds of games stored on a virtual shelf, instead of one that'll just clutter up my already crowded room. That, and the fact that I can switch from productivity to procrastination with little to no effort is a plus. 

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

PC is far the best one for skyrim, Although I've gotten some hardcore corruptions from some sexy follower mods.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Nintendo 3DS. Considering it's a handheld with its own, one-of-a-kind GPU (which has hardly been cracked yet), has more power than previous generation consoles (PS3/Xbox360), is cheaper than pretty much everything else out there, can run a variety of awesome exclusive games, has a 3D feature that isn't completely shit (at least in the updated versions), AND it's game cards are capable of housing a whopping 8GB of data, it kinda puts everything else to shame, really. 

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I don't see why it's funny.

Can you take your super-PC to a park and play it? No?

Can you take your PS3 into your car and play it? No?

Then the 3DS is the best Portable System.

Nuff said.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

"Best portable system" isn't the topic here.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

It's related.

And it's still a good system.

It's in my top 3 favorites.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

3DS FTW!

Also, I have the first version and I, unlike most people, do not find the 3d irritating. I almost never play games on it without the 3d on.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I keep it off. Period. Do not want.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I'll agree with you there; I keep it off 24/7.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

What he said.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

It is known, the DS's 3d is nothing but an obnoxious headache machine. Much like a Pachinko, but that's a more subjective matter.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I gotta agree with you mane. 3DS's 3D is awful.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I've found that it doesn't taste very good either.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

3d slider is biggest disgraces to the handhold game industry. Should have invaded Japan to keep it from happens.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Hmm. Japan. I wonder what their soil tastes like...

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Like gold, if the tales of the Silk Road be any indication. But, if I be one to guess based upon their 3D screens, 'twould be a right harsher judgement indeed!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Hate to join a Hate Train, and I hate to agree with my abusive caretaker, but, in this case, unfortunately, he's right.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Nyeh indeed! In all the nine galaxies Fartox has conquered, and of all the universes he trades with, Fartox has never seen a more unfortunate 3D screen effect!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

It hurts my head, and I don't even have eyes, nerves, or a brain. It must be burning into my very soul....

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

DS FUCKING SUCKS! NON-3D-SCREENED PC MASTER RACE FOR THE WIN!

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Well... That does seem a bit extreme for my tastes, but I must agree with one thing; I don't often get free time to play video games, but when I do, I need 'em quick and handheld. And when I play my 3DS... I do NOT play it with the 3D on.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I don't even have a 3DS, but the screen effect sounds like ass.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Defnitlee. I argee wit hoal khanversayshin

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Oh great, THEY'RE back.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Too far.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

It doesn't provide much sustenance either.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Hm. Gold you say? That seems to be a sensational enough taste. Perhaps my master shall travel there soon enough.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

It's really metallic. Not the best metal I've ever eaten in my life, but I'd take Gold over Magnesium any day.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I duno it has its playses (Leik en de trasch kan!) bu7 4 teh moast part es terrebel.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

I agree. It isn't an easy task to get that sucker down to a swallowable pulp.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Yeah, the 3D isn't as bad as people say. It's not the best though.

PS4 Vs Xbox one Vs PC

7 years ago

Mhm. Yeah, It's just the old 3DS' 3D sucks bawllz