Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
Graduated high school - well, technically. I took the last of my finals and AP exams yesterday. All I still have to do is walk at graduation and get handed my diploma in ~10 days.

What now? This question is mostly addressed to the older members of the site: What did you do after your high school graduation?

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

(o-o)

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Get a job, or go to college if you want a degree and a huge debt, the choice is yours.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

(Or do well in high school, get a scholarship, go to MIT, get a a job at Raytheon)

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Contemplate the meaninglessness of existence. I went to university after graduating high school.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Move out. Now. You'll thank me later, if your family's 1/8 as psychotic as mine.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Even without psychotic parents, moving out is a great plan.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Yes, and so is starting out your college career at a 2-year university, so you'll have excess financial aid you can invest in mutual funds to pay for your Master's degree.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
I think I know some of those words...

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

According to Ford he already lives alone in New Vegas and comfortably supports himself by taking online quizzes or something.

I say he keeps doing that since it seems to be working so far.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

$5 says he's a professional scam artist.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Wait, he lives in the future?

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Short Term: Drug-filled drinking binge as you party.

Long Term: Boring shit like College and Jobs.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
Don't drink and drive!  Then, while you're still recovering, think about where you want to be in ten years and start planning the best way to get there and then go for it.  After that ... either you've "made it" and can relax, or you haven't...

Me?  I worked and worked and worked and worked and...  Now that I can afford to go to college without going into debt, I just don't have the time.  ...and what money I don't reinvest, I end up spending on "fun stuff" — mostly travel and entertainment.  Of course, my path isn't for the "faint of heart".  Pulling myself up by the bootstraps and clawing my way back has been a constant theme for me.  ...and I wouldn't trade places with anyone!

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Community college then transfer to state college.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Take a few years to just be you, then go to college.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

I worked for a while, then went to college. 

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
Depends what you want to do. I was told I had to go to college, so I did so. Then once I finished I went to uni.

Moving out is probably the best choice you can ever make though.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Go to college to learn how to enjoy leftovers.

Even if they aren't your mom's.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Came to get advice on what I should do after I graduate in half a year and also to say congratz :D

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Got a job.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Traveled to Asia 

Then got ready for university...

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Traveled three and half years back in time so I can get a girlfriend at some point in high school. Not gonna say how well it's been working so far though...

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

"Oh, this game's no fun. The first 18 levels are easy then mom and dad stop caring."

Take these wise words of Jontron to heart, young Ford.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

From which video is this? I don't think I've heard them before.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

I haven't heard those words from him either.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

The plug and play video.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Definitely try to get your foot into the door of whatever you're attempting to major in (or what you want to do in life). Even if you don't know what that is yet, you've still got another 2 years to figure it out.

If not, than just go marry yourself into a rich white family. Should be set for life until the inevitable fallout between your step-brother, your aunt, and the kooky uncle on who gets to keep the majority of the inheritance.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
You need to think ahead. Marrying into a rich minority family is the future-safe plan.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

I looked into colleges, to sum it up. But I took my time. You shouldn't rush into anything like that, but I personally wouldn't delay it too much.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Yeah go to college. Don't take forever to find which one you want to go to. Make some money. Live your LIFE. Take advantage, be      smart about it. Then, if you want, make a family. ^_^ Lol.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure you HAVE to be smart about it, it's college.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Yeah, i know mason. Lol. Just felt like the need to say it. ^_^

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

My advice is, that you should follow your dreams and adopt a unicorn. But I haven't even graduated middle school, so I really have no idea what I am even doing on this thread!

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Lol. WizzyCat. ^_^

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

What did I do?! Did I mess up!? WHY ME?!

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Marry for money? 

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Rather hard if you're a male.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
yeah. but i do know a couple people who got it off easy just because of their looks. The women would work and clean, and the good looking man just sat around.

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago

Well, yeah. That sort of thing can go either way. Marrying someone who has low enough self esteem to think they're beneath you and need to work to keep you is an easy way to get a free ride. Of course, it makes you a horrible leech of a human being and the world ought to regard you as lower than scum for taking advantage of someone suffering from poor self image, but still, it's not terribly uncommon. (Got a bit dark there, sorry. xD)

Graduated. Now what?

7 years ago
Get a job!

And get off my lawn!