Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

So I just received a new message...

Linky

And wuddaya know? Our good friend has returned!

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Bevan? I don't exactly remember him.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

He was the author of a few Spider-Man storygames. SPIDER-MAN: Rise of Carnage or something like that. And there was another storygame...eh. Kiel made a few comments on his games that were simply glorious.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Oh my god, yes! Those were so entertaining! In a Birdemic kind of way. Just love seeing Kiel's comments on his game, they make my day, really.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Isn't it a little rude to post PMs without the other party's permission?

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I don't think the likes of Bevan should be allowed the kindness of unspoken rules.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

True, he used Kiel in his storygame without his consent.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Never heard of him.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

@ZagHero - check my reply to Mason / the provided links if you want to be brought up to speed.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Thanks, I saw them.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

@Kiel_Farren

?Get ready for a few more glorious reviews...

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Oh, Claw. You really thought Bevan came back without telling me first and insisting on diving headfirst into a creepy, almost stalkerish conversation? xD Then you don't know why he kept getting banned... 

Yep, I know he's back, and still wants to be FB buddies. 

Back again

7 years ago

Can't wait.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Aww... how cute. Let's see if Kiel can make more good reviews when he has created his game.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

"First" game? xD 

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Oh shit get ready Kiel!

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Duty calls, Captain Kiel Farren. Duty calls...

Heh, I said dooty.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

And who was he? Sorry, I didn't pay attention cheeky

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Well, it's like this: Bevan wrote a series of terrible Spiderman stories, along with a few supernatural games, and attempted a couple of shoot-out sims. These would have faded into obscurity with most of our 1/8s if not for two things: one, they were just the right amount of bad to be funny as hell, and two, I was feeling particularly smart-ass-ish that day, so I wrote a funny review on his first game. 

A review that the mods liked so much, they gave me 10 points for it. Gained a bit more site infamy when people noticed it and I had fun, so I kept reviewing his games, and before I knew it, people were PMing me each time he released a new one, including Bevan himself. He developed a... weird obsession with me. Started calling me his friend even though I had just met him, put me in one of his games, asked me really personal questions. I was mocking him (albeit not unkindly, at least at first) and he clung to me. 

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Looks like someone had a crush ;)

On another note, weird. Just weird.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Yeah, a bro-crush, anyway? (If that's possible when you're not bros.)

But I think it's because people admitted to rating it higher to keep the games from being deleted because they didn't want to see my reviews get trashed.

If you wanna see the reviews, first game: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/spider~2dman~3arise-of-carnage-part-1

His first account: http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=bevan1234

His second account: http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=ZhouYu64

Third: http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=Tadakatsu542

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I just laughed so hard at the first review. You get a cookie.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago
I suggest you click this. It's hilarious.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Now you made me look like a psychotic laughing tree who has artificial eyes in front of the villagers! What wonders will you perform next?

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Who dis

IIII see the links now.

#Savage_Farren

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I have something to add to this. I hadn't realized who I was talking to till now and here's our convo. (Read from bottom to top)

To: Newgoblin42
Date: 5/8/2016 10:48:58 AM

Oh really? I'm aware who you are. You're pretty known lately...XD I'll help you out anyway.

To: Warriorstar
Date: 5/8/2016 10:41:23 AM

Please correct it because when i was in my first account i used to make spiderman games and kiel used to review it

Date: 5/8/2016 10:40:07 AM

I saw some punctuation and capitalization mistakes, but not necessarily and wording.

Date: 5/8/2016 10:36:53 AM

Any grammer mistakes ?

Date: 5/8/2016 10:35:38 AM

Alright I've read it. I thought it was a great idea and all, with the whole backstory especially, and I think it has potential, but each page doesn't have much to say and there is many quick deaths. I liked the characters John and Trevor, but they were added quickly without a description. I can remain a co-author if you want, and I can tweak it only a little so that you can still get full credit, but that's only if you really want to. I would rate it a 3-5/8. Hope this didn't sound rude at all.

Date: 5/8/2016 10:27:15 AM

As you finish reading PM me how it is ? ok ?

Date: 5/8/2016 10:24:23 AM

i added you,now start reading

Date: 5/8/2016 10:23:31 AM

Thanks bud.

Date: 5/8/2016 10:23:11 AM

thanks you're the only person i'll add you as a co-author

Date: 5/8/2016 10:19:45 AM

I'd love to!

Date: 5/8/2016 10:19:29 AM

Sure, I've never done that before!

Date: 5/8/2016 10:12:18 AM

hey i have a request can you beta read my storygame

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

What? No! Don't help him! He tried to make me write an entire game for him "because I have a party to go to, so do my work for me, okay?" And then he cussed me out when I said no. Besides, if you tweak and fix his work, it won't be as funny, but it won't be because he improved and deserves praise / less flaming, but because of you. >_>

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

*Sigh* Fine, fine. I almost did things I would regret.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

It is your choice, but yes frankly, I think you'd regret it.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Date: 5/8/2016 10:35:38 AM

Alright I've read it. I thought it was a great idea and all, with the whole backstory especially, and I think it has potential, but each page doesn't have much to say and there is many quick deaths. I liked the characters John and Trevor, but they were added quickly without a description. I can remain a co-author if you want, and I can tweak it only a little so that you can still get full credit, but that's only if you really want to. I would rate it a 3-5/8. Hope this didn't sound rude at all.

Date: 5/8/2016 10:27:15 AM

As you finish reading PM me how it is ? ok ?

------------------------------------------------------------

What the- ? You finished reading his story in eight minutes? How short was it?

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

No, no. Not eight minutes. Eleven minutes. Quite discrete.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I was wondering why I was randomly got this PM. Now, I know why. (I also apologize for attempting to correct the grammar of Newgoobergoblin42. If I knew what he wrote before I saw this post, I never would have discouraged his... entertaining writing.) Well, at least these two PMs are funny in hindsight.

Date: 5/6/2016 10:53:37 AM

Though I appreciate your offer, I will have to decline; however, I will give you a few tips. First, use proper grammar. In your message, you had five grammatical errors. You forgot to capitalize "can", you forgot to add a "-" in between "co" and "author", you added a space between "please" and "!", you did not capitalize "i", and you forgot to end your second sentence in a period. 
Additionally, do not rush your first storygame. Many first-time authors do that, and their result is a very poorly received game.

To: WouldntItBeNice
Date: 5/6/2016 9:19:47 AM

can you become the co author of my first storygame please ! i need help

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I've tried before myself, he's not going to take anything you say to heart. You trying to give him tips is one thing, but I advise against co-authoring with him / "fixing" his games because A, he will try to make you do all the work and will learn nothing, and B, he will never leave you alone afterward. I'm not joking when I say he's been creepy and stalkerish toward me in the past.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

That's good advice. Don't worry. I will not co-author anything with him.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

I can support. I co-authored his storygame once, fixed a few grammatical errors and left. Next thing I know, he's constantly asking me to become his co-author.

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

The only thing I know about this guy is Kiel's review tombstone. The tombstone was amazing, but this person's writing...isn't. To say the least. And that's just from what I've seen here.

As I see it, Kiel's joke was funny, and Beven's writing is a joke? Does that sound about right? 

He's ba-aa-aack!

7 years ago

Sounds about right to me, yeah. 

I've already seen parts of his new game, too.