Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Anyone wants to be a co-author

7 years ago

I need help in my grammatical mistakes although i can do the storyline properly but i can't correct my grammatical mistakes in my first storygame

7 years ago

I think this belongs in the Writing Workshop. I'm pretty sure it's easy to just put a few commas and look up a few words, too, so I don't see how that'd be tough.

7 years ago

@Kiel_Farren

Look, Kiel! Your mortal enemy is here!

7 years ago

Bevan... you're already on thin ice with me and you have a seriously long track record of putting bare minimum effort into your games. You've already tried to get people (myself included) to finish your stories for you for no good reason. At minimum, you could at least finish your damn game first, then try asking people to beta.

Honestly, though. It's not that hard to learn proper grammar, and while I encourage people to get betas to help them catch mistakes, you should never need someone to fix every freaking page.

7 years ago

I bet he doesn't understand some of the things you said. Especially the meaning of "thin ice".

7 years ago

It's possible. He'll ask if he doesn't understand.

7 years ago

Oh, okay.

But asking everyone to beta-read and correct things for him is too much though. He's not on the appropriate level yet.

7 years ago

Make use of this online grammar handbook. And please, put effort...

Actually, wait. No. Kiel's comments are gold.

7 years ago

I will if you like, but... You should read http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=50 first. Actually, on second thought, if you're going to really look into this kind of stuff, maybe you should just read http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=3889 .

But getting a proofreader is always a good thing. Not that I'm an expert on any of this, but from what I've seen, stories with proofreaders always benefit.

Do you still need help? I'll remove myself before you publish it, so that you still get all 10 points. But you probably don't actually need one. Think it through first.

7 years ago

You really don't want to do that.

7 years ago
You should really do that. Sounds like a great help - you should feel proud to be so considerate.

7 years ago

A nice gesture, but somehow I don't think posting a few links to pages he's already aware of and doesn't care about is going to do what his parents and the entire educational system couldn't. Things like 'writing coherently in your native language' are things a person either wants to do, or doesn't.

Also, I take it you might be unfamiliar with Bevan.

7 years ago

Why on earth can't you correct your mistakes?

Asking for a proofreader is another thing entirely, the purpose of that is for someone to look over your writing and try to point out errors you might have missed. You're still expected to make at least a token attempt to write correctly and put some effort into your work, though. And you don't need a co-author for that.

7 years ago

Because it's Bevan, Mizal. He's always been this lazy.

7 years ago

I would absolutely love to be a co-author.