Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Hello, everyone. While I'm not entirely new on here, I suppose it'd be polite to introduce myself before barging into the threads. My name is SummerSparrow, but you're welcome to refer to me as Sparrow (or create a nickname, provided that it's not demeaning or inappropriate). I joined this website in 2013 and have been haunting it since then, playing games but keeping a low profile. It wasn't until recently that I decided to become more active and begin posting some comments, as well as visit the forums (which I tend to avoid for some reason). I have taken the time to visit the "Help & Info" section and read all the available articles, so I understand what is expected of me as a member. I've also noticed and been informed of the troll problems. I'd like to assure you that I am not and will not be a troll. I intend to contribute to this community as best as I can, and I hopefully will not be seen as a nuisance on this website. 

I rarely write introductions on forums, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. But if I'm not mistaken, I should also include a few facts about myself so that you all have a better idea of who I am.   

• Writing has been and will continue to be one of my greatest passions. Ever since I was a child, I loved writing stories, poems, and songs. Being able to convey my emotions and wrap people in another world through storytelling is thoroughly enjoyable.   
  • I've had past experience in critiquing people's stories/taking critiquing requests on another writing website. While I'm far from being a professional, I'm used to examining works with a critical eye and leaving a lengthy review.  
  • I can be a morbid person at times, but I normally keep this side to myself and save it for writing.
  • I've played the piano for twelve years and find it to be soothing.     
  • Quiet music with a tinge of sadness is enjoyable. It silences my mind and helps the world to become clearer around me. I cannot tolerate happy songs attempting to promote positivity. It only causes me to feel trapped and frightened.
  • I dislike food and only consume enough to boost my health and chances of survival. While a balanced diet is important to me, I prefer eating vegetables (normally salads). I do manage to maintain a healthy weight, although I'm still underweight.
  • Cupcakes are horrifying.
  • I don't know.
  • . . .

Please do not be frightened off by my formality (people have been a bit wary of me because of my way of writing). As strange or dull as I may sound, I'm a friendly and happy person in reality. I'm more than happy to speak with people. In fact, I can be a leech for social interaction - I receive a lot, but I only crave more. I hope you enjoyed my introduction, and I'm sorry if it was too long. I also hope we can all get along. Best wishes to you all.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Sparrow, you are probably going to be one of the users that leave a great mark on this site. I see a lot of good things ahead of you. You are by no means a troll, so far you have surprised many users with your writing. 

:)

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Jimmy. I really appreciate it!

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

I am absolutely delighted to see you've made an intro post, and believe me, I almost never get to show that kind of enthusiasm in this forum. Your formality strikes me as a good thing. I have a lot of formal speaking friends and on occasions, I do slip back into those tendencies (because I used to do that quite a bit myself and my job occasionally demanded it) so it's familiar in a good way. Your comments caught my attention as deserving of featuring, which is always a good place to start with a mod. ;) 

I hope you'll continue to be active and contribute because so far, it's all been quite positive. :3

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

I'm glad that my formality isn't considered to be strange. I've been compared to a robot on many occasions (and been demanded to prove that I'm not a bot), and that apparently unnerves some people. Thank you for your encouraging words - I'll definitely be more active on here. 

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Hi Sparrow!

I know I've said it before but I'm glad you've started becoming active on the forums now, I've always enjoyed reading your reviews and I know I'm not the only one. It's wonderful and such a rare thing to see someone putting so much thought and effort into reading and critiquing stories here.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Thank you for the welcoming comments, everyone! I'm glad to hear that I've made a positive first impression. I hope to get to know you all better in the future. 

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Erm... are you using the unthreaded view or did you mean to reply to Mizal when addressing everyone?

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

My bad - I've switched to the threaded view so that this doesn't happen again.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

No worries, and yeah, it's best to use threaded as a rule since non-threaded causes so much confusion.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Something tells me you'll be the newest Hannibal Lecteur. Fancy yet creepy language, being skinny, presumably enjoying the sound of human screams.

"Do you know that there's a note that can only be emitted by the human voice box in the final throes of a very painful death? The note truly is beautiful. I find that human fear, in it's simplicity, is a work of art the likes of which no Bach or Rembrandt could ever create. I find it... soothing."

Well... besides that, hello, enjoy the site.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Oh dear. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about being compared to him, but . . . thank you? Human flesh doesn't appeal to me though, so I don't think I'll be the newest Hannibal Lecter - at least I hope I won't. Thank you - I'll definitely enjoy this website. 

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Don't know if you remember, but we've briefly talked in the forums. Anyway, as one of my fellow members said, you'll probably be one of the few members that will truly leave a (good) mark on this said.

?With that said, I welcome you to this site, and don't worry about your formality, most people would consider this a good thing not bad or off-putting in anyway.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago
Welcome!

I think it's safe to say that with your storygame comments and just a few posts, you've already gained the respect that many here may never achieve.  As far as I'm concerned, you're already a wonderful addition and a valued member of this site.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

I've seen you around. I'm sure you already have been a great contributor to the site, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to the forums.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Hello! Quite an introduction. You seem like a very efficient person, and very nice. I hope to see you around and do great stuff for the site. My name is Mason, and you're free to shoot me up with questions, although some people may be better at it.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Hello! Hope you have a fantastic time on the site.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

*Gasp* It's a ghost! I think I've seen you around the forums before, but welcome anyway! Great to have you around.

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Good luck with your projects!

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

Hm. You definitely seem interesting. I hope you stick around for a good while before you fade back into Ghost-dom. :)

Was A Ghost - Now Active

7 years ago

I remember seeing your reviews. They were great.

Welcome to the forums.