Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Case of the Mondays Walkthrough

7 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I've read your comments.  No, my game is not impossible, but it is very challenging.  In the future, I hope to rework it (to develop the story and work out some of the kinks).  Until then, here is the solution:

1)Before you leave your apartment, you must have the Beretta, your keys, wallet and suit.  Each of these items can be found in one of the three rooms.  It does not matter which room you enter first, just don't leave your apartment until you've found every item 

2) After you leave the apartment, take the stairs to the third floor.  Enter the game room.  If you want, you can play Blackjack.  Otherwise, use your Beretta to shoot the machine and get the $50 you will need to buy the Glock.  You must have the Glock to win the game.  (Sorry, the text was wrong.  I accidentally called the video Blackjack machine a slot machine! I had Dejavu on my mind when I wrote it)

3) Take the stairs to the first floor.  Go left and exit the building.  Go right and enter the pawn shop.  Buy the Glock.  All you have to buy is one bullet. (Sorry, I missed that glitch when I was editing the game.)

4) Go right to exit the pawn shop. 

5) Go right, once more.  You'll encounter a man in a pinstripe suit.  Talk to him, and he'll give you a note.  Take the note and go right (this will take you back to the pawn shop).

6)Click the 'by your car' link, and go 'inside the Mercedes.'  Take the cell phone and use it.  Listen to the text message. 

7) After you've gotten out of your car, go left and encounter a mugger.  Hit him. 

8) Take his $20 and go left to enter the taxi.  Use the note, and you'll be taken to North Levy Street. 

9) You'll see glitch #2 (When you pay the cab driver, it will not cost you anything.)

10) Go to the front door and use the Beretta to shoot the door open. 

11) Enter the door, first.  Otherwise, you'll miss the apology note.  You can read the note by clicking the 'I'm sorry' link or go straight to the kitchen.  It does not matter.  Open the kitchen drawer to find a flashlight. 

12) Listen to the message.  It looks like Mr. Waterman has been misappropriating money. 

13) Go to the front door, first.  Someone is trying to kill you.  Go to the garage and get the keys to the Corolla.  Use the keys to get out of there.

14) Use the suit, and you'll be taken to your office.  Shoot the man who's inside your office.  Use your keys to enter your office.

15) Take the keycard and go to the Corolla.  Use your phone, and go to West Palomino. 

16) Sneak into the mobsters' compound, and, as soon as you enter, go upstairs.

17) Enter the bedroom and take the camera. 

18) Go downstairs and go straight.  go right and then go left.  Take the ledger (evidence against you).  Hide and shoot the mobster to get out of the compound. 

19) Go to West Adams, take a right and enter the sewer.  Use the flashlight. 

20) Go right and then go left.  You're in the deepest part of the sewer.  Do not go left, again.  If you do, you will find the alligator, lose your cell phone and have to restart. 

21) Use the 'inside the sewer' link and exit the sewer.  Go inside the hotel and take the stairs to the third floor.  Take the crowbar. 

22) Use the 'inside the hotel' link to go back to the lobby.  Use the keycard.  It will take you to the second floor hotel room.  Go inside the hotel room, and pry open the weapons cache with the crowbar.  Use the camera to take a picture (for evidence).

23) Take the photograph and answer (use) your phone.  Go to Lee Street.

24) Congratulations, you've won the game. 

7 years ago

I believe this belongs in Parlor Room.

@Kiel_Farren   (Cause you're online >.>)

Meanwhile, this game was pretty challenging, never got to beat it :(. Thanks for the walkthrough, I'll try it!

7 years ago

That was my bad. I told him to make the walkthrough if he wanted more reviews because, as IAP pointed out, the average reviewer frankly won't have that kind of patience. (Also, as an admin, I don't have a lot of time myself.) Unfortunately, I -meant- to tell him to put it in the parlor room and evidently I said lounge instead.

7 years ago

Umm... why I need to buy a Glock 19 if I already have a Beretta 92 with me? Both guns are nine-milimeters anyway.

7 years ago

MILITARY NERD SESSION!

*starts running around and throwing gun magazines in the air*

7 years ago

Haha, yeah.

Instead of buying a Glock, we should get more spare ammunition instead. Or... the Beretta's magazines are out of stock? No way!

I didn't use the Glock even for a bit. I used the Beretta all the time. And 50 bucks for a Glock 19 Gen 4? That's... so... damn... cheap.

7 years ago
I can appreciate a hard game, but was it really your intention to make "hard" mean "multiple dead-ends?" When reading a CYOA story, a dead end usually means something is wrong with the mechanics of the story.