Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Annoying things people do on Facebook

7 years ago

Ever log on to facebook and think to yourself, "Why the fuck am I friends with these people?" Sure, everyone's annoying on facebook to some extent, like sending you constant invites to play bubble-witch saga or posting pictures of what they ate for lunch, (I still don't get why people do that.) But here's what I personally find the most annoying thing that people always seem to do on facebook...

Leave a message saying, "I'm so fucking angry!" or, "I feel like I've just been stabbed in the heart." or, "Do you ever have a day when you just want to kill yourself?" Then you ask them what's wrong and they respond with, "It's not important." Or, "I don't want to talk about it." ... If it's not important and you don't want to talk about it, then why the fuck did you publicly announce it to fucking everyone you know? >.<

... Now that I've had my rant, what do you guys find is the most annoying thing that people do on social media? cheeky

7 years ago
"Ever log into facebook"

No, for this very reason lol.

7 years ago
I don't think all that because I'm selective about facebook friends xD if someone starts posting shit like that people will have a field day roasting them for being cliche and posting lesser quality shit than everyone else. I just unfriend people who do that stuff - and I don't friend anyone I don't personally know or have met (40 people is pretty good IMO :D).

IIRC a few days ago one of my facebook friends posted something along the lines of "I'm so hurt right now and he doesn't understand." literally within minutes people commented "fuck off with this" and "So? suck it up" and "shitpost/10 kys." I guess it all depends on the age group. Most of my facebook friends are about the same age or a little younger than me (15 - 20...and a couple outliers 30 - 50 years old)

Personally I find it most annoying when people post things like "Guys wouldn't understand" or "Girls wouldn't understand" followed by a completely understandable situation or concept. Other than that, I suppose things like "I'll always love you bff!" with a tag of their friend is pretty annoying. Also the things like "Who would be in your zombie survival group?" and it lists random people from their friends list in certain rolls.

P.S. I never get game invites / notifications because people who play facebook games are filthy fucking casuals and I'm not friends with their species.

7 years ago

Lol! Weird, I never see anything like that. When people I know on facebook post the classic, "I want you all to know I'm very upset about something but I'm not going to tell you what." People respond with, "Awh, are you okay?" "What's wrong?" "Don't let life get you down honey, you're amazing!" "I'm going to give you unnecessary levels of attention and reassurance despite the fact you probably just got a parking ticket or something." But you're right, it probably is the age group. cheeky

7 years ago

Gonna be honest: went to Facebook for the games.

Came to realize I hated social media.

The End!

7 years ago

I went for 2 games.

Left with 0 accomplishments.

Fuck pay to win games.

._. I just didn't really care about the social media part.

7 years ago

People who play games on Facebook are scrubs and everyone should know it. But to be honest, the people who I'm friends with seem to share the same humour as me so it's not really that irritating for me. For example:

Person 1: Roast me pls
Person 2: You have nice nips.
Person 3: You're adopted.
Person 4: I love you.

7 years ago

Am I the only person irked by those headless selfies? A gal I'm friends with seems to like to do that...

7 years ago

Maybe she's really ugly? frown

7 years ago

No matter what the girl looks like.

7 years ago

I think the youtube video "Welcome to facebook" sums this up pretty well.

Since I can't find the video for... some reason... you can just click this link to go to the creator's youtube channel. (He's made more than 1 "Welcome to".)

CLICK MEEEE!

7 years ago

Seen that one. I love the "Welcome to" videos. Personal fave is "Welcome to fanfiction.net" ^_^

7 years ago

I went to watch that video upon seeing this. It's so true. It's all so horribly true. I have tears in my eyes from laughing. I still love that site, though--for the good stories, and the "so bad they're good" stories.

("And the scariest part is that we was you, and YOU became skeleton--and wrote this!" Bwuaha...)

7 years ago

And then they touched the butts... And then they touched my butts! ^_^

7 years ago

xD Because she has more than one, of course, and it's way more romantic if they touched all of them.

7 years ago

"Women are all miniature fucking Hitler-demons"

"Woah dude, what's wrong?" 

"I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT"

7 years ago

Yeah, I get that too, but it's usually women complaining about how evil men are. cheeky

7 years ago

Meh. I get a pretty good mix. My circles seems to understand that humanity sucks as a whole. xD

7 years ago

I just use it to make sure certain friends and relatives haven't died.

7 years ago

I deal with annoying Facebook drama by...not even noticing it most of the time because I don't care about Facebook?

7 years ago

7 years ago

This pretty much sums it up perfectly ^_^

7 years ago

I don't really use any social media. I see it as a waste of time, for the most part, as well as it causes pointless drama.

7 years ago

I don't actually have much experience with facebook, since I don't use it, but I have heard all the usual complaints. 

7 years ago
I... don't have facebook? For this exact reason. Sooo...