Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Simple.

Can't they think of anything more interesting to say? Simple. 

I guess they can't. I probably shouldn't have expected them to. After all, simple people can only think of simple things. 

The classroom was very large. Students talked while the teacher taught. It was really rude. Especially since they were there to learn. Unlike me.

I was here to finish the test, and after that I would finally be given full membership. But first I had to pass the test. The test was composed of two parts. Kill or be killed. More specifically, one has to kill three others without being caught. And of course you would have to avoid being killed by the others. The other ones trying to pass the test. I'll call them targets, because that's all they are. All of the targets were gathered here for the test, but so far no one has made a move. It was already halfway through our allotted time.

That was the worst part of this. They gave us one year to complete the test. It's not the "when" I'm worried about. It's more of the "where." The teachers told us, "In order to test you as much as possible in as short a time as possible, we have decided to have the test in a public Highschool. In order to past the test, you must kill three others while not being killed yourself. However since the setting is in a Highschool we have decided to include a slight twist. In addition to the original rules of the test, you must also keep all grades above a 90%." 

So here I am, in this classroom of simple people. And I'm trying absurdly hard not to walk out of the classroom, because of complete and utter boredom. I don't understand how all of these people can go on with such simple lives, but I guess that isn't my business. 

After all I have people to kill.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

This is something I wrote of in the moment so feel free to share opinions.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

That's a really interesting story. I hope you make it.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

If I make it then it will be a long while. I mean I just wrote it in the spur of the moment because I felt like writing.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

That's some really good spur of the moment writing.  And yeah, these stories take a long time to make.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Well I guess, but I doubt I really have time for it in working on other stuff

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Oh, other stories on this site? Of other life stuff?

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Well tbh I'm trying to write a book. It's a long process, but that is the one I'm working with now. I may end up doing a story on here but like a said previously, that won't be for a while.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

I saw the word 'kill' a lot of times. So it gets my seal of approval. 

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Thanks. Any commentary is approved

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Now this is very interesting. A some sort of assassin in training, I presume.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

I haven't decided yet. I could follow that presumption but I'd have to look into it more

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Is it planned for this character to have anything likeable or sympathetic about them? I can't speak for anyone else but I personally find it difficult getting into a story with no emotional stakes. I suppose it doesn't have to be the viewpoint character, but someone in there needs to be at least somewhat relatable for me to have a reason to care about what happens to them.

Story excerpt

7 years ago

Well the story is an excerpt so when I wrote it I imagined that it would be farther in then the beginning of the story. Meaning that the beginning of the story would have more emotional attachments as well as further on in the story. Let alone the fact that I only wrote a couple paragraphs. In all seriousness I took one of the most relatable things for teens I could think of, (School) and turned it into a storyline I found kind of interesting. Character development wasn't the most important thing on my mind at the moment.