Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Congratulations to the UK

7 years ago

For finally throwing off the fascist shackles of the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk

*Salute*

7 years ago

7 years ago

This actually makes me pretty happy, the UK always lost more than it gained by being part of the EU (stronger members of a group always have to contribute to the weaker members) and I do feel like France and Germany exploited us a bit. The pound will suffer initially and it'll be a rough year or two while trade deals are renegotiated and confidence is regained but I'm pretty sure the UK will bounce back and hopefully it'll give people the wake-up call they need to get working hard and developing new ideas to help the UK have a stronger independent stance on the world stage :)

My guess / hope is that next they'll give Northern Ireland a referendum of whether or not to join the Republic of Ireland or stay a part of the UK... :)

7 years ago

Fuck off with that we neither want nor can afford those pricks.

7 years ago

Meh, I give them five years, ten at most, before they'll crawl back to the rest of us. You know, at the point when Scotland'll have seceded and England finally realises that their economy and political power are somehow smaller than the whole EU combined.

Of course, either that, or half of the EU will have left the union by then, cause #BooyahAnarchy

7 years ago

To be honest, I really hadn't expected them to actually go through with it. Britain's just been a part of the EU all my life and I had expected it to continue for a few more years at least until another referendum eventually saw Britain leave.

7 years ago

David Cameron resigning is the best thing to come out of this. 

7 years ago

I agree, all hail Prime Minister Farage! 

7 years ago

Need Boris to takeover. 

7 years ago

Because Cameron wasn't bad enough? :p

7 years ago

I've never liked Cameron, but this isn't the way I wanted him to go out. 

7 years ago

Well shit. I mean, this is probably best for UK, but as an Irishman, this is just going to be a fucking annoyance.

7 years ago

But you might get a chance for Ireland to be united, seeing how Northern Ireland wanted to stay in the EU.

7 years ago

1. That's super unlikely.

2. I would hate a united Ireland.

7 years ago

Gasp you dirty unionist protestant commie traitor bastard

7 years ago

I don't think I count as Unionist if I don't want to be in the Union.

7 years ago

Dirty unionist separatist protestant commie traitor bastard

7 years ago

I take offense at that Protestant bit.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Donald Trump and BoJo look like distant cousins...conspiracy much????

7 years ago

I can't remember who said it but someone once described Boris Johnson as "Donald Trump with a thesaurus". People like him because he's funny and a bit of a buffoon but when it comes to running the country George Osborne or Theresa May might be a more reliable choice... :) But Britain loves silly people so if Rowan Atkinson ran for Prime Minister he'd probably get elected :D

7 years ago

Gotta say, so far I’m surprised that everyone is either in favor or apathetic to this because virtually like every where else on the internet (Because that’s the best place to get real opinions that matter!) people are hilariously bitching and bemoaning doom and gloom that the UK is suddenly going to become a third world country and sink into the sea because “everyone was racist.”

7 years ago

To be fair...

Well, EU wasn't really fair to UK, was it?

7 years ago

The UK actually had/could have had the most priviliged position within the EU. I mean, they have been bitching about everything since they joined, no open borders, no common currency, no further political integration, and what not. 

7 years ago

I don't even know what the fuck's going on.

But apparently it involves a 'brexit' and there's a lot of memes about it, sooooo... Hooray?

7 years ago

Nationalism is shit.

7 years ago
Congrats to all the people who didn't realise that they wouldn't be able to get back in once they voted out. 'What is the EU' google searches apparently rose spectacularly after the pound dropped. XD

7 years ago

Finally, I'm just waiting for the Euro to collapse...

7 years ago

I've been following this debacle closely, and it's got more twists and turns than Game of Thrones. As soon as Leave won, basically all of the Leavers immediately backpedaled on all of their ludicrous promises, like every single one and I'm not kidding. Today Boris Johnson, the guy who was leading Leave in an effort to lose by a narrow margin so he gets support from Euroskeptics in his bid to become PM, announced that he's not going to run in the wake of Cameron's resignation. No one has a plan or any idea what to do or knows if Article 50 will even be invoked, and on top of the massive damage to world markets and the pound, not to mention mass shadow cabinet resignations and votes of no confidence and and the government generally running around like a headless chicken, we're looking at the possible secession of Scotland and maybe Northern Ireland. 

Sorry about your government, UK. But I gotta admit this is a top-quality soap opera.

7 years ago