Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

I've witnessed the Warrior Cats ban and the Ryder thing. What other significant, big, historical ChooseYourStory events have happened before these? 

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Strawberry Pudding and Sporks.

I'll let @ISentinelPenguinI and @Ford fill you in on that.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago
Strawberry Pudding had a bit of a scuffle with fpoons and came out victorious; the end.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Strawberry Putin was the real victor.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago
Mallot vs Mustache wars - I'd let the parties involved describe it, but neither are very active and I'm too lazy to do it myself so there.

3J and Nate tended to argue a lot in the old days and their arguments would go on for a while.

"The infamous tranny thread was a beautiful shitstorm that resulted in some of the mentioned changes around here. Even resulted in some bannings. Drako’s old hate rallies were usually amusing. Some of the funnier ones were probably during the “darker days” of the site and probably wouldn’t fly as much now, but they were enjoyable while the chaos reigned. " - EndMaster

TSR was probably one of our worst trolls, or at least one of the most memorable in the last 1-2 years. Ryder most memorable creep - IIRC he didn't really troll anyone he was just weird as fuck.

Besides all that, major threads are used in an eventism timeline. Like "It happened before the tranny thread." or "It was before Drako's rant about homosexual black people" etc

Always will be a sad day that Jihelu was banned (or...left? either way they aren't here anymore) I enjoyed their posts :( they were entertaining

BZ pruning the forums really fucked the post numbers pretty hard. Some harder than others. I think I lost a solid 500 posts while some others lost up to 2000 posts. and he got rid of my Fording posts which didn't deserve to be pruned at all

Kiel becoming mod was a pretty good recent major event.

3J coming back during a time of chaos reminded me of a mother coming home to a room full of toddlers. He straightened us out so hard that first week he became active again. Banned playa, no tolerance set-in-stone rules, chewed out pretty much the entirety of the site, and made examples of those who were banned. The site rules he put in place are still in effect and probably will be forever - but when they were first set, I remember that month there was a time when the lounge was inactive for a day xD he did a bunch of shit to forum games about what kind of games can be played and how posts don't count there because it's a shitstorm of spam etc etc. That was a pretty major event.

When Malk posted a link to the site on reddit and it got a lot of attention...thousands of guests online and a solid 7 lines of members at the bottom. Traffic was through the roof for about a week then it slowly died off to what it normally is. I think we gained a lot of members from it and I'm 90% sure they aren't active on the forums xD

Everyone making a "CYS Paper" on the forum. I don't even remember who started it - but I remember Will ended it by doing it better than everyone else and then dying off. Felt like everyday there was a new "paper" discussing the same stuff. Will included things that weren't about the site in his, which made it more popular because everyone basically knew what was going on around the site - the papers gave it format and summarized a lot of events - but Will included member-submitted jokes, interviews with popular site members, and other things I don't remember. Hasn't come back yet - probably will happen in another year or two. We're not due for another CYS paper storm for a while.

I don't involve myself or pay any attention to forum games - but even I heard about the game "Commander" which got everyone riled up screaming WHITE SAIL and making badges with custom art and IIRC Melissa made a storygame out of it (Invigilate was the title?) that was all fun and stuff - just before the solid site rules 3J layed down. I think 3J headed the game...or Will...or Melissa...or maybe it was none of those people. Someone describe Commander as a site event - I don't know enough about it to have proper information.

Mafia games went for a while. I think the longest thread in site history is part of a forum game for mafia (maybe tavern or some stupid spam fest) with something like 1104 posts in the thread. I don't recall when it happened but it was a while ago.

Seth's sandwich thread was golden. Some guy made a troll thread with a bunch of inappropriate language and Seth changed all the curse words into "sandwich" which ended up being utterly hilarious. Props to seth doing so much work to make us all laugh at this guy struggling to tell us off xD

Just about every thread made by Morgan_R in the last 200 years has gotten a large response because they're about controversial topics and her opinion is usually stated in the OP which people can refute and they're full of long posts that practically no one reads the entirety of...right? So those could probably be used as major site/forum events.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Please show me to the sandwich thread! PLEASE.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago
idk if it exists anymore...I vaguely remember it being deleted shortly after / it was just gone the next day. Might still be somewhere on internet archives or someone might've got some screenshots of it.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

:'(

At least I saw the pudding vs. spork flame war. It was really dumb, because sporks are so vastly superior. It was hilarious after Strawberry Putin joined the fray. Fell off of my chair about three times the day I read that.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

#StrawberryPuddingMasterRace

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Tim. How could you Tim. I thought we were friends. I never thought you were a part of those disgusting pudding bastards.

Now I know how Iron Man felt when Captain America started that civil war and they weren't friends anymore. Y'know, in Captain America: Civil War.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Dude, Iron Man totally overreacted.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Still.

My heart is broken.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

Humans have claimed to have found the master race countless times in history. Every time they were wrong. Most notably, Hitler thought he found the master race, and he elected to kill all "sub-optimal" people, but in truth they were actually just a bunch of men controlled by racist parasites, syphillis, and raw madness, slimy biochemical products of Strawberry Pudding "Womb Blobs" that fester in caves and spread their evil throughout the world. I would go so far as to say that they were largely inferior due to the fact that all loyal Nazis were diseased, mind-controlled (or just mindless) husks of un-people, and it's okay to drown them in their own piss.

Another notable instance was in recent times when the PC master race was declared. This is also wrong, because PC is not a race, merely a superior lifestyle.

Either way, you're wrong. Tim is wrong, every pudding supporter is wrong, and as is almost always the case Ford is utterly, temple-rubbingly, face-palmingly, vomit-temptingly wrong.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

#HailSporkFarren

Lol, I'm sad I missed it.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago

You should be. Strawberry Putin dictated the battle, and all his followers ascended into Hell a higher plane of existence.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago
You're welcome.

ChooseYourStory History

7 years ago
and just to toot my own horn, the threads of mine that are even vaguely significant and still exist are the thread I made everyone their own CYS trophy and the reveal of Chanbot/User Stats.