Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Bucky's Call to Arms : Now I've Got II

7 years ago
Content Warning: 7/8 Maturity

Well, since folks seemed to enjoy the satire thread, I figured we could try and channel some of that intellectual expenditure into an ongoing thing. You know, keep the focus on writing for more than the amount of time it takes to drop a good shit.

So in honor of Will's & Kiel's upcoming compilation story about brutally punishing degenerates that can't be arsed to follow basic writing guidelines, let's unleash some characters in brutal pursuits of violence and vengeance in explosions of totally justified emotion.

Wait... that sounded far too composed and rationale, what I mean to say is... KILL A MOTHERFUCKER DEAD!

I've got a bottle of Jim Beam. And it's draining fast. I don't even bother with a glass. My minds' just buzzing with all this shit that's gone down. So it's back to the crutch, drowning in the alcohol. Shit, what the fuck would you say if you could see me now?

Melissa's knocking at the door, asking if I'm okay. And I snap at her, toss a picture frame across the room, and hear it shatter.

How could I possibly be okay? Maybe if I had just killed that fucking rat bastard! At least then I'd have some God damned peace of mind. That son of a bitch doesn't deserve to see the light of day. He doesn't deserve to go home and see his wife and little girls. Not when you're rotting in the ground, and I'm liquefying my liver in the dark.

What the fuck does it matter...

I remember when we went up into the mountains that summer, swimming in the creeks at Fisher Falls. No one knew about that place. We had it all to ourselves. I'll never forget the first time you took the leap from the rock, the twenty foot plunge. You were so scared. You had me waiting in the water, shivering in the cold, for a solid fifteen minutes before you worked up the courage to take the jump.

When you finally did, the cold took the breath right out of you, and you wanted out. And we paddled over to the ledge to climb onto the rocks. I got out first to help you up. And my cheeks just burst into a red so bright a rose would blush. The force of the drop knocked your top right off. And your tits hung out, shaking back and forth as you shivered, nipples hard as... heh, an erect cock.

You glanced from the fire on my face, to my averted eyes and down to your tits. And then you started laughing, and I just got redder. That had you laughing harder in turn... The next thing I knew, we were rolling around in the leaves by another pool in the creek, one on top of the other, bare skin on skin.

Melissa's back at the door. She's got Tommy with her. Why the fuck can't they just leave me be? Can' they see? I just want this bottle, it's all I need right now. Maybe they'll get the hint if I just crank up the tunes and tune them out.

But that's something I doubt...

Angel Eyes. That's what I called you. Yeah, it was corny as fuck, but you didn't give a shit. You were cool with it.

I remember how happy my Mom was when you dragged me to church on Sundays. Yeah, I put up a fight, but it was a false front. I knew how much it meant to you, so I just had to go through and pay my dues. And that time... no I can't even think about that.

You see, I remember all those years, and every memory brings another tear.

That drunk driving cock sucking fucking bastard flashes across the television screen. Gloating. About his fucking acquittal on a paperwork technicality. I smash the bottle across the coffee table. No. I"m not fucking doing this shit anymore.

I grab a baseball bat and throw that kinky cordage you liked to use into my gym bag. In goes a mason jar of lighter fluid next... we never got to go on that camping trip. A few loose rags and a gag, and I'm ready to go.

I swing open the door, nudge Tommy in the ribs, and slap Melissa on the ass. "Catch you at the gym at six." They stand there gawking, speechless. Of course, I've got another stop first. Batting practice with a dead man. And you remember my days on the mound too, I'm sure. I bring the heat.

7 years ago

Good.

7 years ago

(CYS modern-style. I know it sounds boring, but just wait.)

It was evening when Bucky received his email. He clicked it, and what he read was good. The high school reunion is coming.

Now for the funs.

Bucky put on his asshole-iest grin and gets dressed. Oh, he looks forward to the reunion. It'll be great, just how it used to be. The self-proclaiming Ravens, the school nerds like AYT and Chris, the thugs like Steve, and of course the living principle, Mr. Farren.

By the next day, Bucky has already tried his outfits over a thousand times. Eventually he settles for a casual T-shirt. He gets packed, and drives to "CYS High".

"Ah," Bucky mutters as he gets closer, "The good days."

Little did he know, his loved high school's next generation is terrible--so terrible, they are referred to as the troll generation. Bucky walks in through the front doors, and greets his pals. 

"Hey, Buck Buck! Good to see you." Steve slaps him on the shoulder.

"Hey....so what's with all these kids?" 

"Oh, them?" Steve points to a group of kids laughing and saying weird things you only hear in texts. "Yeah, they decided they would crash our reunion. Well, I guess, they get to because they passed....", one makes an arm-fart. "Well, at least most of them did."

Bucky meets Mason, a kid younger than him by a few years. He greets him nonetheless, and Mason fills him in on the weird kids.

"Yeah, they're terrible. Believe me." 

Bucky doesn't have to be told twice.

The party goes along well. Tim does some weird joke act, but nobody judged him. Ryder, detention student, pulled a foul and was beaten up by EndMaster and 'Dirty Berka'. Soon enough the vice principal, Seth, had to break it up. But those weird kids in the corner kept eyeing them, and Bucky started feeling uneasy. 

In the middle of it, Bucky and a bunch of friends sit around a table chatting and making jokes. Mason chokes on some juice, and snorts it all out his nose. They all laugh at that, and then Mason quickly tries to change the subject.

"How about Truth or Dare?"

Bucky thinks. "Hmm...yeah, I'll do that. I dare Mizal to show me her boobs!" 

Mizal screams. "You idiot, that's not how it works!" She splashes him with water and kicks him off his seat.

"Jeez, she's getting feisty." 

"Like she never was." Tim mutters in response.

That's when the trolls make their move. One charges forward stealing a cup of water from Malk.

"What the fuck, mate?" He gets up and chases the scrawny little degenerate. 

"I'm a Swedish LEMON!" The troll jumps into the punch bowl, spilling it everywhere. A splash gets all over End, and he gets up.

"What the hell ya' think you're doing?" EndMaster uppercuts the guy, which I swear kills instantly.

A troll screeches, letting out a loud ear-shattering call. The other trolls, including the ones from the group and others scattered, screech in response. They all start throwing things and toppling tables, causing havoc. One accidentally hits Steve, which makes him and the others start to pick up chairs, punch glasses, and anything they could find to fight back. Principal Kiel tries to break it up, but it's too late. Chaos, and even blood erupts across the room. Even the nerds, Chris and Brad, fight. 

The rest of the day is just a fuck-feast.

Best.

High School Reuinion.

Ever.

7 years ago

why am i a troll.

Seriously, I haven't done anything to be considered a troll. I argued that my opinion was valid on zoophilia. That's about it. In what manner have I been troll-like?

7 years ago

Embrace the label.

(but not the puppy)

7 years ago

it just feels a bit offensive is all.

7 years ago

Do what I do, Lemmy. Don't get offended.

7 years ago

Thing is, I've actually been contributing to this site.

7 years ago

I don't believe you're a troll. From what I've seen, you've wrote a decent storygame and had facts to prove your side in a debate. However, you do need to work on your grammar and punctuation, that type of shit. I see a lot of your posts where you don't capitalize anything, or use periods. This is a writing site, after all.

7 years ago

I picked that up from a friend of mine. She was a girl with bipolar, real sweet and struggling with her somewhat-abusive household. It made her feel better when I typed like that.

so basically i mainly type like this when i'm not being serious cuz why not im lazy.

7 years ago

Well I suppose I can understand that, but like I said, this is still a writing site.

7 years ago

its also a forum ya dingus

7 years ago

A forum. On a writing site.

7 years ago

so was the last writing site i was on when i met the bipolar girl.

7 years ago

Okay, I think now it's time to be quiet and walk away, this is the shit that obliterated the last one anyways.

7 years ago

It's Bubbles!

7 years ago

Only a troll would have a heartwarming backstory for their typos!

7 years ago

Then you're definitely a troll. That's what trolls do!

7 years ago

You certainly are one of the new authors to look out for.

You did so well in the first game you published!  I'm quite jealous... 

*silently plotting your demise*

Edit: Never mind this post, but I think you already did! You're terrible for ignoring my posts Lemon, no more compliments for you! >.<

7 years ago

You get more offended than a tumblr girl.

7 years ago

I swear, that sounds like it belongs in a rap song.

7 years ago

Sure, Jan.

7 years ago

It's a joke you silly frackers.

7 years ago

Nice addition.

7 years ago

Thanks, though I seem a bit guilty for making you sound kind of Irish in that one part.

7 years ago

Nice to know End is a dirty alcohol-loving animal fucker.

7 years ago

Excuse me?

7 years ago

You made him Irish. The Irish like drinking. Steve is Irish. Steve likes fucking animals. Therefore, End is a dirty alcohol-loving animal fucker.

7 years ago

Oh, The Simpsons. Beautiful.

7 years ago

I feel slightly offended.

7 years ago

That's bigoted and presumptuous. 

Edit: Is this the Shadow I debated? Because if so, BITTER! It's on, motherfucker!

7 years ago

Yes it is, Ryder #2. XD

7 years ago

This was... something.

7 years ago
I don't know what a "fuck-feast" is, but I'm certain it's either absolutely fantastic or horrifyingly tragic.

7 years ago

Très Bien! 

Very wonderful Bucky. Umm, I think you'll remain in the black permanently in my book if you keep doing more of this, that and everything in between. ^^ 

7 years ago
You should write one.

7 years ago

I really wouldn't know what to write about. I will be considering it but please don't set your expectations high. 

7 years ago

Nice work, Bucky... and now I have been reminded that I really should get back to writing.

7 years ago

"Stop hiding, you imbecile!"
"For fuck's sake, come out already! We're not going to hurt you unless you show yourself peacefully."

The two CYStian bounty hunters search around the house, looking for their target -- CrescentStar.

Someone among the higher ranks has some sort of hatred on her just because (s)he views her as clumsy or immature. So (s)he hired bounty hunters to capture her and bring the girl to him/her. Raven won't let that happen -- even if it means to kill fellow CYStians. He won't regret doing such actions since he hates some CYStians.

CrescentStar crawl underneaths the rubbles. She peeks to see if the bounty hunters are in vicinity. Their footsteps are heard, but it's getting quieter. Which probably means they are getting away. She crawls out and sneaks past them.

But the second bounty hunter suddenly turns around and notices her.

"Found ya!"

Both bounty hunters pull out their shock batons. Their baton extends and produces electricity.

Before they can do any harm, Crescent hears a strange noise. She sees the first guy collapsing. The second bounty hunter looks up, and another noise is heard. A bullet cracks his skull open, instantly killing him. A cyborg soldier drops from the roof and lands next to Crescent.

Finally... someone saved her. That person is Raven.

"I... I don't know how I can repay you, Raven," Crescent sneers.

"Nah. Just glad to help a newbie," Raven says with a somewhat robotic voice due to his helmet altering his voice.

Raven loads spare ammunition into his wrist gun and chambers them.

"But Raven, you could have knocked them out..."

"Killing them is better. Beside, I'm getting tired of this shit."

"B-But they are your fellow countrymen!"

"Fellow countrymen? Hah! Not even fucking close. The trolls are bad and the government tries to repel them, but the government is not a fucking angel. They also do mistakes, and I won't let their bad side to hit you. You got anything to defend yourself?"

"Uhh... nothing."

"Take this."

Raven unholsters a weapon on his back and gives it to her.

"A katana and a pistol in one weapon. I think it suits you."

Crescent transforms the weapon into a katana and swings it. It's somewhat heavy, but she can still swing it fast enough. She transforms the weapon into pistol mode. It is quite comfortable for a hybrid weapon. That's futuristic technology for her.

"Wow, it's nice. I never thought-"

Suddenly, Raven grabs Crescent's arm.

"I got several bounty hunters coming in. No time to explain. Follow me!"

'W-Wait! Don't be so quick!"

The two jump out from the building and run across the street. With their incredible speed, they escaped the bounty hunters before they can find them.

(Crappy and short, I know. But focusing on more details will take me even a longer time to write. Beside, I have better things to do)

7 years ago

Is this a new ship? Are you two private messaging each othe-!?

N-never mind, you don't have to elaborate Raven...

Good contribution to the thread! I liked it! ^^

7 years ago

Damn, Thara's right, that's a ship if there's ever been one. Also, Raven's taking his stand as enemy of the state. Noted.

7 years ago

Not another love shipping. Just helping noobs.

Next target to rescue... hmm... Shadowulf?

7 years ago

Sure, sure. That's believable.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Good to know you put a value on your time, Raven. At least one person should.

7 years ago

(A follow up for my previous post in here)

A gunship lands on the center of the town. Its back door opens and two figures come out. Raven and CrescentStar.

"Thanks, Raven. I owe you one. Here," Crescent says, handing out the weapon.

"Nah, keep it. I already have many weapons at my disposal."

"Oh, really? You're so sweet... I love this thing!"

"Naw, naw... don't go all kawaii at me. I still got another thing to do."

"Can I come with you?"

"No. You will be a nuisance."

"But I can still help!" Crescent insists.

"No, no, no. Stay here. You'll fuck this one up if you're in."

"Ah, fine then."

Crescent gets away from his view and enters a tall building, which has been turned into a forward headquarter by Raven's mercenary force. Beside the HQ is another house that acts as WizzyCat's forces forward HQ too. WizzyCat's forces arrived about three hours ago.

Raven gets back into the gunship and the VTOL aircraft departs. The back door closes and Raven sits beside the war table. He presses a button and an interface appears on the table.

He calls Ronson, his tank's gunner.

"What is it?" Ronson asks.

"I'll be off on a mission. You'll be commanding my tank for now. I'll assign Big Kitty to be your gunner."

"So... I'm the commander, Kitty's the gunner, Hellcat's loader, and Mouse's driver?"

"Yup."

"Aww... but I don't like being the commander."

"But you have to. You're my best crew after all. I will promote you once the next offensive is over."

"Sounds good. Roger that, boss."

(Actually, the crews' nicknames are based on WW2 tanks if you don't know yet)

He lets the other higher-ranking personnel to assume command over his forces. Now, he, WizzyCat, and some other cyborgs and Kibbles will rescue CYStian prisoners being held by trolls and rebels.

-----

4 hours later, unknown location, miles away from the town...

The VTOL activates its camoflage device as it enters hostile territory. The gunship's outer parts blend in with the environment and the noise is heavily reduced. It also can't be detected by the enemy radar, so they can easily go in undetected as long the aircraft is not too close to enemy troops.

The aircraft flies low close to the forest since there is a few enemy helicopters patroling around and they will risk getting spotted by them if they fly high. Having the stealth technology doesn't mean it's 100% invisible. The towering trees is a nuisance to the aircraft. Thankfully, the pilot is skilled enough to avoid the trees and get into the prison camp undetected.

The prison camp is visible. There are several tents with prisoners in the camps while there is the central building in the middle of it. There are three anti-air guns and a few light tanks stationed in the base.

The objective is to destroy all anti-air emplacements and free all the prisoners. Once the AA guns are destroyed, the rest of Raven and WizzyCat's shock troops will storm in and occupy the base. They only have one shot at this.

"ETA 20 seconds!" The pilot informs through the intercom.

Raven and Wizzy use hand signals to have their troops to be ready. They pull out their weapons and face the back door. Once the aircraft lands, the back door is opened and the shock troops get out.

"Move out!" Raven yells.

All the soldiers spread out and each of them scan their surrounding. It seems clear in the forest. No hostiles in vicinity. Raven's squad moves left while Wizzy's squad moves right. The aircraft flies away after that.

Freeing the prisoners and capturing this base will be strategic as they can reinforce lost soldiers with prisoners and establish a strategic position.

-----

Unique members being imprisoned here: ShadowHills, Shadowulf, and ZagHero

ShadowHills is a notable entertainer. Shadowulf is a good teacher and trainer. ZagHero is a good paladin.

7 years ago

Awesome! I guess I am obliged to add something.

(Save my spot)

7 years ago

How many RWBY references can you make in one story? O.o

7 years ago

Gambol Shroud was there. And CrescentStar's profile pic somewhat looks like Blake.

What else do you think is RWBY-ish?

7 years ago

Ooh, I was mentioned.

7 years ago

Steve lay on the broken tiles in a pool of his own blood, as the voices continued to scream inside the depths of his soul.

"Steve, we need to capture Luinge, and this galaxy is ours! The End Navy will retreat soon!" a voice screamed in his head.

"Another serial killing today in our city, by the infamous Antler Killer..." another voice yelled.

"STOP!" Steve screamed, putting his hands over his ears.

"Tanks! 40 MM CANNONS! FUCKIN' WORDS! TANK WORDS!" the voices screamed, regrouping in another attempt at his sanity.

"CAMELS!" a voice cried.

"MORE TANK SHIT!"

"STOP WITH THE TANK SHIT! WE'RE AN ISLAND OF WARRING WARLORDS!" another voice yelled.

"I'm a shield to retards!"

"Capture the Liunge!"

"TANKS!"

Steve began smacking his head against the tiles once more, as blood streamed down his face. He needed the voice to stop. He longed for silence, for the blissful void of death to overtake him and give him respite from the screaming voices.

"Where's the consistency?" Steve moaned pitifully, before consciousness left him.

When Steve awoke, he was lying on the muddy fields of the battlefield once more. Bucky stood next to him, wielding his blade. He beheaded a charging troll, before turning to Steve.

"Steve, we must flee!" he said, extending a hand.

Steve looked at his head, the antler's extended from his helmet blocking out the sun in his gory, and Steve grabbed it.

"They're retreating! Come on, Steve! There's only a handful of us left, but we won't break!"

"Yes..." Steve nodded. "The trolls will burn, the cats will be slaughtered, the Newbs will be enslaved and the traitors will be purged."

Bucky pulled Steve up, and Steve grabbed his own sword. Yes, this was reality. This was the universe. And all those other universes were infinitely inferior.

7 years ago

XD

7 years ago

Much XD. Raven's World of Tanks is still vastly superior.

7 years ago

*War Thunder*

7 years ago

*facepalm* I meant the world, with your tanks. I tried to mix it in with the "real" world, but it will be mighty hard.

7 years ago

What the fuck? That's my idea......

7 years ago

Whoosh.

7 years ago

That was the sound of the point going over your head, in case you didn't get it.

7 years ago

7 years ago

You know you're speaking in riddles if TIm's confused.

7 years ago

He's failing again.

7 years ago

Okay!

:D

7 years ago

Jontron is a goddamn national treasure you dirty heathen!

7 years ago

His face is annoying. You just want to punch it repeatedly.

Still better than pewdiepie I guess.

7 years ago

I'm positive you're pretty alone in that one. Jontron's videos are awesome. (I can't stand Pewdiepie either, though.)

7 years ago

I've watched his stuff just to see what the fuss was about and I won't say he doesn't have funny moments, I'm just saying his face is still fucking annoying looking.

7 years ago

I'm kidding, Steve. Relax.

7 years ago
And all those other universes were infinitely inferior.

It is known.

Bucky's Call to Arms : Now I've Got II too

7 years ago

Narkin woke up with a start. Sweating, he got up and jumped out of his cardboard box, grabbing his twin SMGs in the process. He is ready for anything, and scans his elaborate chamber. Nothing, it was just a bad dream. Narkin wipes the sweat off of his brow and tucks the SMGs into his belt. Five minutes after leaving his chamber, he arrives at the "interrogation room". More of a torture room, but for humanitarian purposes, it's an interrogation room. Many of the Ryders of Anarchy are strapped to various brutal machines, each screaming until he is hoarse, and then some. He walks up to a group of his Kibble Prosecutors, as they are interrogating one of Ryder's captains.

"So, how's the beating going?" Narkin casually asks one of the Kibble.

"Oh, just lovely! Sixteen hours of beating him with the small intestine we pulled out of him has made him quite sociable!" The Prosecutor exclaims happily.

"Good" Narkin replies, and then to the RoA captain, "TELL ME YOUR NEAREST BASE IS!" He screamed it into the ear of the captain.

"I'll tell you, but only if you take me off of this fucking wall." The pitiful shit whispers hoarsely.

"Sure. It's a deal. NOW TELL ME!" Narkin screeches.

"Fine! It's four kilometers north of the camp and the village. Now get me down!"

Narkin slashes the man's bonds with his claws. The man falls to the ground with a painful grunt.

Then Narkin, with his claws still out, grabs the man by the throat, "Now you must pay for your sins." He growls, and next asks for the small intestine from the Prosecutors.

They give it over gladly. Narkin chokes the man and makes a noose out of the small intestine. The man tries to resist, but having gotten no sleep for over a day, does about as much as a potato could. Narkin chokes the man and the hangs him from a flesh hook, facing his platoon, which are also all captured and in the room. He struggles, but that causes his infected gut to hurt, and he just dies a slower and more painful death. Narkin sniggers at the gurgles of the dying person, and walks off.

He travels to the armory, and grabs a pre-prepared hovercrate filled with various simple rifles, grenades, flame throwers, and other weaponry. Next he travels to the cafeteria, where he stocks up on tons of food. He will go down to the camp and the town and boost morale with the delicious food items. He checks a communicator link, one of the few up on the walls. A message from Raven, saying that he needs some reinforcements in a nearby city to help wipe out the enemy and proceed with the assault. Narkin also gets a message from the camp, in which the CYStians confirm the barter between him and them. Narkin and the Kibble Empire aren't exactly CYStian. Their dominion is much larger than CYStia, though their problems are of the same proportion. Narkin just spends a lot of time near and around CYStia personally, while keeping contact with the rest of his armada. During his breakfast, he checks the trade info. A wagon of rat stew and other rat based food items (Very tasty to cat related creatures!) for guns, grenades and other weapons. Narkin sends a monosyllable answer: Yeah.

Narkin watches from the ground as several transports of varying Kibble troops fly out of the Spear of Adun's launch bays and to the enemy-occupied town. When they are out of sight, he jogs on toward the CYStian camp, the hovercrate speeding along behind him. When he arrives, he is surprised to see that the camp is in shambles. Troops are scattered, and Narkin runs up to a guard to ask what has happened.

"Well, I must say, the damned trolls came in the midnight and fucked up the entire town over there!" The guard exclaims.

Narkin is stunned. He had no idea. "Well, where is your commander, the valiant Bucky? We had a trade that was supposed to happen!"

The guard stammers, "Well, Sir Buck is, well, gone. So is the fair Lady mizal! The apple witch hasn't been seen either. Something fishy happened. The town was attacked, and they came from the fields! We though it was safe there. Mighty strange stuff, mister cat man."

Just as Narkin is about to walk past, he sees Malkalack. Or at least what should be Malkalack. The rat diet seemed to have made him, a little more, mouth-watering, as Narkin thought. But he contained his instincts, and walked up to Malk.

"Uh, Malk, any idea what happened last night?" Narkin questions.

The great capybara burps violently before answering, "I was just eating Tim's portion of rat stew, when the attack happened!" Another violent burp follows, "I knew nothing other than rolling over and smashing some of the bastards."

"Man, you should not have eaten all that stew." Narkin says, but too late, as the capybara has already walked. No, stumbled. No, trundled, into a ditch, and had gotten stuck inside.

Narkin continued on his route through to the town. The points matched up. The captain said the base was to the north of the village, and that's where the fields were. A huge trail of refugees and random, shabby people moved away from the town. Dust and smoke rose from the farm. Looks like the fields were torched and the farm, especially the barn, were demolished. Narkin gave bread and cheese to the sad looking people, cheering them up.

"Gotta keep your hopes up people!" He shouted. The people cheered for the free food.

Narkin saw one little boy crying on the side of the road. The strange thing about this child, that attracted Narkin's attention, was his belt of grenades.

Narkin approached the little boy, and sat down beside him, "Hey kid, why are you crying?"

"Mum, and Pa. They're just lifeless husks now,"

"Don't despair kid, you've still got CYStia on your side! Hey, would some fresh bread cheer you up?"

The kid's face lit up as Narkin handed him a loaf, "Oh thank you sir! Thanks so much!" He lustily bit the fresh bread.

Narkin had one last thing to ask though, "Umm, kid, where'd you get those grenades? They seem, dangerous."

"Oh, just a good guy named Tim!"

Narkin swore under his breath, "Ah Tim, that idiot. Anyways kid, only throw those at the enemy, OK?"

"OK mister, but how do I tell?"

"Oh, it's easy. If something is fat and ugly, it's bad. Especially if it's making noises."

The kid immediately sprang up, "There's one!" He cried and ran off. Narkin turned and looked around, trying to see where the boy was running. Suddenly, he heard the moans... Of a capybara with a stomachache. But it was too late. An explosion rattled the camp, and Narkin covered his eyes.

"Let's just hope his thick hide and thick skull save him." Narkin said to himself, and continued towards the fields.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is a few hours before Raven's posts, and there will be another direct continuation of this one, just a little bit later. This one is long enough.

7 years ago

;)

7 years ago

Told you, ;)

7 years ago

This really made my day. Thank you very much.

7 years ago

Interesting story and it was very engaging! No I am not saying this because you also mentioned me, but you definitely earn extra points in my book.

7 years ago

Why thank you!

7 years ago

It's night already. Everyone uses spotlights and flashlights as they stand guard. The night gives the recon assault squads another advantage. But they still have to be careful.

Jimmy (no relation to JimmySutton), a rebel soldier, stands guard by the AA gun. He gets really sleepy. He has been staying here for five hours. Once another hour passes, he will be sleeping at the guard station and another rebel takes over his position.

Kazakh, another rebel soldier, gives him a cup of coffee. Jimmy drinks it, and his face feels green. He puts the cup on the table and complains.

"By Mardox, what did you even make? That's not a coffee!" Jimmy mutters.

"Yo, I ain't your fuckin' mama. You wanna a better one? Go make that shit yourself," Kazakh replies.

"Whatever. By the Void... don't swear like that."

"And your religiousness annoys me."

"Why? Dark Lord Mardox bravely fought the CYStians for the freedom of freeform. And guess what? They killed him dishonorably! Now he returns to be the Lord of the Void. May he guide us to victory."

"Victory? We're losing grounds every fucking day! Just look at Bucky, that ruthless bastard! His army defeated our legions one by one. Lady Mizal, Mason, Steve, and some others are also really damn good leaders."

"You know what, Kazakh? I'm more concerned about Raven..."

"Ah, yeah. That bloody mercenary... he's like a fucking mad cowboy, taking over our territories very fast. He's always a step in front of his allies since his forces are really damn fast. His tanks and air force are annoying to deal with."

"His blitzkrieg is so hard to counter. We don't have the proper counter to him yet. But we will have it soon..."

Kazakh takes a drag from his cigarette. After a while, he continues.

"I hope this will be over soon."

Yes, he's right. This will be over soon. As he throws off his cigar, noises of silenced gunshots are heard. Kazakh, Jimmy, and the other guards drop dead just after the cigar lands on the ground. Raven and his commandos emerge out from the bushes and get into the AA gun.

Max, a cyborg commando, grabs Kazakh's cigar and smokes it.

"This thing ain't half bad," Max says.

"Max, gimme your explosive," Vex, a female cyborg commando requests.

Still smoking, Max throws a C4 at her. Vex catches the C4 and plants the explosive on the AA gun. 

"Charge set. Order?"

"Don't blow it up yet. We'll bloe up the AA guns once they are alerted. Or maybe we can let one of them still intact since it will be useful to take out the patroling helos."

"Got it."

"Let's move. Follow me."

Max stops smoking and throws the cigar away. The commandos follow Raven into the central building. WizzyCat's units will handle the other AA guns and the prisoners outdoor.

7 years ago

Because the post I was replying to got deleted before I finished, but I still need to establish my opinion anyway because I spent so goddamn long on it,

@Raven47

Now, having already written 3.75  Samsung OS memos detailing the bullshittiness of the imaginary escapades you've added to our inconsistent canon, I'll keep my criticism short:

If you have to establish that a character is complex by having him literally say "I'm a complex character" without a hint of irony, that's very bad. You should be embarrassed, but you have no shame, because everyone who says anything negative to you is obviously an unreasonable hater you shouldn't listen to, being the self-bubble-wrapping special snowflake you are.

If you have a kid with dead parents stop grieving altogether with the corpses right next to him, just because your character talked to him, either you've created a world where callous sociopathy is contagious, or, that's just a fucking egregious example of a Mary Sue. To any reasonably good, self-respecting writer, this should also be humiliating to you. But it probably isn't, because I'm sure you've tuned me out after the first paragraph when you learned what my story was about.

Yep, it's just too many words for you. Strange, that you're on a reading and writing site, but you can't even manage to read substantial text without your attention span going off like a goddamn egg timer. Yet you're all too happy to spend paragraphs going on about your Sue's character traits... In narration. Now that's just sickening. No one cares. You never gave anyone a reason to care. And yet, you're so desperate to tell us all about how complex and special he is that you'll even respond to an otherwise unrelated, one-line post that just happened to be in response to your story with a nice, cringey text block telling us all about how Ryan is "not your average guy who does the things!" And "way past unique!" And "Raven does what Nintendon't!"

Do you even have any clear idea who we're fighting against in these stories? Do you know why? We're fighting against idiots, and against people who are really, really bad at writing, but still refuse to learn. In two cases already, you've been the villain of these stories, precisely for being both of those things. And you've shrugged it off, like most criticism, or you've just not read it because it's too long for someone as special and unique as you are to waste your time reading.

Hell, you're even the villain in your own stories, not because of "the horrors of war" or whatever shit you were pretentiously attempting and spectacularly failing to capture, but sheerly because of how atrociously your character is written. You charge more than a small towns' worth of people who can't defend themselves with a thousand tanks for no reason, tactical or otherwise, try to console a little fucking kid with his dead fucking parents right next to him with insurance... Quite honestly, this is very black and white, you are the villain, both in your own portrayal, and in the portrayal of people who have an idea of what they're doing or saying. You should be embarrassed, etc. etc.

TL;DR: if you honestly had to read this to figure out what this was, just tell me to stop trying right now because I'm a human with time and energy that could be spent trying to improve things that actually have some hope of improving in the future. In other news, your tankathon is far from great, a snowflake as special as you should be able to do better. I give it 2 pantsknives out of 200087.

7 years ago

Ah, I meant to say that was absolutely scathing. 

Geez. xD

7 years ago

Okay then. Thanks for the feedback. But I feel that you are a bit exaggerating though.

7 years ago

No, it's actually shit. 

7 years ago

Yeah, I know it's shit.

7 years ago

Good. Now you can make it not-shit.

7 years ago

How do I make it not-shit? By not posting at all. Fuck me.

7 years ago

This is absolutely brutal. Now give me some feedback, of this style. Cold, heartless, and merciless.

7 years ago

Ugh, it's been six months already. Six, goddamn months. The producers all sit around a table, brain-dead. They can't come up with a fucking MOVIE! It's really been pissing Bucky off. The bickering, the fighting, he's already had to fire a few people. Namingly, a man name Brennon who literally sneaked a porno scene into the film, and a guy who started writing about cannabalism gags. But luckily, as wise Iavatus always said, commas help protect you from cannabalism. 

Now some guys are crawling back to beg for their jobs. Pfft. Even some pathetic lowlife named Chow got back in. Jesus, what happened? Currently, Bucky was having another talk with his workers.....

"Listen up, we aren't makin' shit! And with the recent school cinema boost, we really 'ought to be getting our place."

"Hey," says a trans-crosser, "I suggest a story in TANKS! We could use guns, and really cool guys who have infinite lives!"

"DAMNT!" Bucky yells, slamming his fist on the table. 

A noble sage, dressed in a blue uniform, speaks. "Bucky, don't be mad. You see, all men are equal. We walk with each other and spread love, and life!" 

Bucky couldn't argue with the embodiment of peace. He just started breathing. Come on, Bucky, get control of yourself.  

An Irish man holding a cigarette speaks. "Hey, what about a final trilogy movie for Achilles? That was a good movie, and the sequel was good...."

Bucky turns his head from side to side. "Remember what happened last time? Once you get that Chase fellow off his ass and back to writing you will!"

A little girl raises her hand. "How about a movie where we are all in Stone Age and we masturbate! Kiel would look so hot...."

"HEY TIM! Get control of your kid!", Bucky screams.

A tall man in a black suit gets up and ushers her outside. 

"Speaking of Tim, you got any ideas?" 

Tim stumbles. "Huh? Oh yeah.....no."

Bucky inflames with anger. "Does ANYBODY HAVE ANY DECENT IDEAS?"

A man in a cloak responds, "what about Rogues? It'll be a hood reboot of Legend."

"No, no, you take too long in producing! Not that your movies aren't great, mind you."

A man in a penguin suit, holding a cage with a small capybara in it, responds. "Let's make a story where I could be some cool gangster guy in CYStia, and I could..."

Bucky cuts him off. "A crossover movie? Hmm....I like it."

"Naw man!" Yells a teenager from across the room. "It'll end up like Civil War!" 

"Mason, shut up! It'll be fine, I hope." Bucky prays. 

Just then, a fired drunk enters the room. "Why don't we make a movie where a star turns CRECENT!!!!!" She then proceeds to throw lemons and blaze the room. 

"Security!" Bucky yells, jumping out of his chair.

Twin penguins pull the crazed girl out of the room, and throws her outside.

Surprisingly, this was the most progress they've made in a while.

Yay!

7 years ago
I laughed.

This was actually very good satire, Mason. I'm impressed.

7 years ago

Thank you, good sir. I feel it appropriate for different CYS universes.

7 years ago

Indeed, this was beautiful!

7 years ago

Oops, forgot to include you. Sorry!

7 years ago

Very nice, Mason. Though, it needs more Slasher.

7 years ago

Fark! I knew I forgot a bunch..... -_-

7 years ago

I thought we had something, Mason.

7 years ago

Eh, doesn't matter that much. *Runs away crying* WHY ME?!

7 years ago

>_>' ... "How about a movie where we are all in Stone Age and we masturbate! Kiel would look so hot...."

<_< Psh. Like anyone would ever write about that.

7 years ago

Get it writte, people. Get it written.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Um. How did I not notice my reference until now? (Why am I the crazy one? >:T )

7 years ago

2016 Award for most improved (always a backhanded compliment, but meant honestly this time), goes to Mason. Huzzah, on a most impressive personal growth as a writer, and general forum person. Huzzah, again.

7 years ago

Jokes aside, I enjoyed this.

7 years ago

I laughed a little too hard reading this. Great job!

7 years ago

Thanks guys for your feedback!

7 years ago
@Bucky, how does having Mason as one of the least shitty and clueless writers in your thread make you feel about the state of your thread, and the forum in general?

7 years ago
We actually had this discussion last night. Mason is by far the most useful and productive member to join recently.

7 years ago

Aww, I love you too. 

<3

7 years ago

I see I've missed out on a lot of meta-fiction.

Fuck my life.

I'll throw in the hat and write something. Eventually.

Maybe Apocalypse Now with CYS members. Yeah, that works.

But after coffee. And a trip to my therapist. And maybe crying to myself about how I haven't slept in two days.

7 years ago

Now this is a story about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. It'll only be a second, just sit right there, and hear about how I killed a rouge member in CYStia...el-air. See I was chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, browsin' memes when I should be at school, when a couple of soldiers, who I knew were cool dudes, starting walking through my neighborhood. They came to my door and I got scared, then said "you're going on a mission to kill some dude named swedishlemon." ... In Bel-Air.

One unnecessary Fresh Prince of Bel-Air sing-along later and they were briefing me about swedishlemon. He was a new member who had slowly descended into trolling, until now he was a top threat. I was being sent up a river, deep into the heart of CYStia, on a Navy PBR. He was reported as having gone insane, and had a bunch of crazy people to defend him. I asked if it was anyone that I would know, and they said they were just nameless red shirts who don't actually exist on the site.

They gave me a night before I was gonna head off. After getting drunk, doing some weird shit, punching a mirror then crying to myself, all while The End by The Doors was playing in the background, I was ready. The next morning I was up and ready at the docks, meeting the crew of the PBR. There were Privates Mason and Zag, two newfags who've only been here a little over a year. There was also Corporal Tim, my old friend and bunkmate back at boot camp. Then there was Captain Steve. I knew him from around the base, but I never really talked with him. He, of course, was captaining the boat.

We began our journey up-river, into the heart of darkness, unbeknownst of the horrors and atrocities we would witness... Like the fact that I was probably gonna butcher the dialouge with a shitload of narm, and the horrible attempts at humor I would make in the narrative. And that's not even mentioning the typos and grammar mistakes.

-------------

So yeah, that's the beginning of Chris' Apocalypse Now with CYS members. I'll post the rest as I write it. Now flood me with your thoughts, criticism, and insults... ONE-TWO-THREE GO!

7 years ago

See! Even Chris admits swede is a troll.

7 years ago

Actually, I just couldn't think of a site member to use as the villain, so I just used him. I was gonna do Brennon, but then it would be inconsistent with CYStian canon because Kiel officially slayed Brennon with his mighty Sword of Moddiness. I wasn't involved at all, and everyone knows that no one sailed upriver, slowly losing their sanity and their party members before finally slaying Brennon in an epic, surreal scene, then sailing off in a 'what now?' ending.

7 years ago

Might be fun to someone tell an embellished account of me slaying him, though. ;) *cough*hint*cough*

7 years ago

Aaaaaand instead I'm doing an alt universe where he distracted you and you failed. It's non-canon, of course.

And maybe after I do ANWCYSM (Apocalypse Now With CYS Members), if we're still on the same thread/theme when I finish.

7 years ago

xD I can think of something that might've distracted me enough, but I doubt you'd want to write about that.

7 years ago

The troll attacks?

The contest???

7 years ago

... No. No, if the link I had to investigate to a certain picture of Brennon had actually worked. >_>

7 years ago

I'll write something like the story I wrote in the original thread. How does that sound? The very well executed one. 

7 years ago

Yes, well, your "joke" is not funny. And people ask me stupid questions when people make "joking" accusations.

7 years ago

Ha, I can't tell you how many times people have thought I actually hate Bucky.

7 years ago
I just find it amusing how so many people find lemon so annoying that he gets lumped into the troll category. Of course, that stupid pentagram avatar doesn't earn him any love, as it's almost as annoying as crescentstar's former Eevee gif.

7 years ago

*points at reply to Mason's post*

7 years ago

A lot of people are confusing trolling with him just having an annoying personality.

I mean it’s okay to dislike him, but dislike him for the proper reasons.

7 years ago

you were saying?

New profile picture boiiiiiiiiiiiii

7 years ago

... I'm not even new.

7 years ago

Oh.

Well, new to the forums.

I think.

7 years ago

... I'm not even new to the forums! I'm knew to posting on the forums! I used to lurk here and steal Forum Mafia rolelists for my other writing websites.

7 years ago

REVISION OF THE THING!

Now this is a story about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. It'll only be a second, just sit right there, and hear about how I killed a rouge member in CYStia...el-air. See I was chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, browsin' memes when I should be at school, when a couple of soldiers, who I knew were cool dudes, starting walking through my neighborhood. They came to my door and I got scared, then said "you're going on a mission to kill some dude named Brennon." ... In Bel-Air.

One unnecessary Fresh Prince of Bel-Air sing-along later and they were briefing me about Brennon. He was a new member who had slowly descended into trolling, until now he was a top threat. He attacked the Lounge with a porn bomb, but has always slipped away before being executed. He was insane, and reportedly had a bunch of crazy people to defend him. I asked if it was anyone that I would know, and they said there were two: Private Jimmy Sutton and Ryder, who had lied about being reformed only to begin another trolling streak. Well, being a cat-fucking creep streak. The rest were just an army of red shirts who didn't even exist.

It had been five years since Brennon famously distracted Kiel, just as Kiel was about to thrust his sword into Brennon's chest. Kiel survived the battle, being promoted to Senior Mod for his efforts and now ruling in a conference room rather than the battlefield. He had sent me a letter with the men, with only one sentence: 'Terminate with extreme prejudice.' When Brennon rebelled, Jimmy, Ryder, and a couple of low-life trolls joined him. They went deep into the Heart of CYS, which became more savage and untamed the closer you were to it. The center, where Brennon's base was, was full of ruthless natives who would murder without hesitation and eat the corpses after. I was going straight in there on a PBR, along with four others who were the ship's crew.

They gave me a night before I was gonna head off. After getting drunk, doing some weird shit, punching a mirror then crying to myself, all while The End by The Doors was playing in the background, I was ready. The next morning I was up and ready at the docks, meeting the crew of the PBR. There were Privates Mason and Zag, two newfags who've only been here a little over a year. There was also Corporal Tim, my old friend and bunkmate back at boot camp. Then there was Captain Steve. I knew him from around the base, but I never really talked with him. He, of course, was captaining the boat.

We began our journey up-river, into the heart of darkness, unbeknownst of the horrors and atrocities we would witness... Like the fact that I was probably gonna butcher the dialouge with a shitload of narm, and the horrible attempts at humor I would make in the narrative. And that's not even mentioning the typos and grammar mistakes...

7 years ago

Better. 

7 years ago

Funnily enough, I am just preparing to go out sailing, so captaining the boat is quite accurate.

7 years ago

If I wasn't extremely tired I'd come up with a conspiracy theory that involves very minor details blown out of the water. But I still haven't had coffee yet so... Yeah.

Anyway, aside from that, what did you think?

7 years ago

I'll take logging off as a 'no comment.'

7 years ago

PART TWO: An Old Friend

The boat sailed up the river, passing the first check point. We were leaving the limits of CYS City. Beyond this, the only nods to civilization were military checkpoints that stopped half-way up, where the natives lost their humanity and became mindless savages. About a quarter of the way through there was a stage, mainly for concerts and occasionally... 'Shows' from Playboy Bunnies, if the money was around and the war was going good enough.

Something I forgot to mention: following Brennon's attack on the Lounge, and Kiel's failed assassination attempt, a war broke out between CYS and Brennon and his crazed followers. They occasionally bomb the city with pr0n bombs. The only reason it hasn't ended sooner is because the natives keep the army at bay. It helps that Ryder was one such native before heading into society, so that they aren't attacked.

So we sailed down the CYS River, passing a number of other PBRs. We eventually came across our first battle, along the shoreline. The land was cleared out, most likely from napalm, and there was gunfire and shouting nearby. A helicopter flies overhead, with a familiar logo: a red shield with the black outline of a penguin on it.

Silas.

That crazy bastard led the CYStian 94th Air Cavalry, killing mooks and leaving cards on the most fucked up bodies. He was always a crazy blood knight, hell I enjoyed his company, but this war brought out the worst in him. Any sliver of humanity left in him was used to give orders, the rest having deteriorated as the war worsened. I yelled for Steve to stop the boat; maybe Silas knew if there was an out of the way stream where we could sail, away from the natives.

Steve does so, only after shouting back that this is a bad idea. Mason and Zag seem hesitant to get out of the boat, and I don't blame them; I've done some fucked up shit, but Silas scares the fuck out of me, moreso since the war started. Tim, however, seems a bit too eager to jump out. He's definitely as chaotic as Silas is, so of course they get along. Tim just wants to see an old friend, I suppose. We all jump out of the boat, armed with our rifles. Time to see if this crazy fuck can be of any help.

7 years ago

nu comens fer cris' stry

cri evrytim

7 years ago

*clap*

7 years ago

Cool. But where am I?

7 years ago

I'll find a way to incorporate you down the line.

7 years ago

Whoopee!

7 years ago

PART THREE: The Smell of Napalm.

The boys and I dashed for cover. We passed some cameramen and directors. When Zag and Mason stopped and looked right at the cameras, the directors yelled: "Just keep fighting! It's for television! Act like the cameras aren't there!" It took them a while of standing around and being yelled at to run, but they eventually ran over to where myself and the others were.

The natives, armored up by Brennon and co. with various firearms, proved to be dangerous opponents. Men were dropping around us like flies, in fact I almost had my head taken off a few times. But they were outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched, and eventually all the natives were either dead or too wounded to fight. And that's when we saw Silas. "Cards!" He shouted, his voice thick with an Irish brogue. One of the grunts ran over with a deck of Silas' cards. He opened them and dropped them on mutilated, disgusting bodies.

The boys and I started walking over, and Silas was standing over a native that was holding a pot over his stomach. Silas kicked the pot away, revealing that the native was using it to hold his guts in. "Christ, put a bullet in this guy's head and call me back when you do; I can't give him a card unless he's dead." Then, he walked towards me and the crew.

"Chris, Tim, Steve... Grunts. Good to see ya." He said, shaking hands with me.
"Hey, Silas, you know of any hidden streams that lead to the Heart that also happen to have minimal natives? We're on mission." I replied.
"The Heart of CYS? The fuck are you doing going up there?"
"Classified." After a bit of silence, Silas responded:
"I know a place. But to get there you'd have to go right through a village. Since that's not an option in that shitty little PBR you have, and I also have a few more cards left in the deck than I should have... We'll help you out."
"Knew we could count on you!" Tim butted in.
"Thank you, sir. You might be fucked up and scary, but at least you're on our side." Zag added. Silas laughed at that, then patted Zag on the back. He walked away.

The next day, we packed up and prepared to head out to the village. We were riding in Silas' personal chopper, among his best soldiers. All of them, myself, Tim, and Steve included, were sitting on our helmets. Mason asked Steve why we were all sitting on our helmets, and Steve replied: "So we don't get our balls blown off." Mason laughed, but Steve didn't. Then Mason stopped, took off his helmet, and sat on it.

"Gentlemen," Silas spoke up, "shall we dance?" Then, he turned on a stereo, and began to play the most kickass song ever as we rode to the village. And then we shot the fuck out of it. Due to budget restraints, here is a link to the Apocalypse Now scene that this is based on.

So then the helicopters landed, the soldiers ran out, and whatever natives were still alive gave it their all to take us out. They were outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched, but they kept fighting. Crazy bastards just kept fighting. Have to give 'em that: even when the odds are against them, they didn't stop until we were all dead or they were all dead.

Silas called in an air strike, and we watched as fighter jets flew in and bombed the jungle, where most of the natives, and a few of our men, were. Even after the gunfire stopped erupting from there, those jets didn't stop dropping napalm until there wasn't any jungle left to bomb. Silas, who was drinking from a coffee mug, stood next to me and the boys. Once the smell kicked in, Zag asked "what's that smell?"
"Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that." Steve replied. Then, Silas spoke up:
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning," he paused to drink from his mug, "just the smell. Y'know, we bombed a hill for twelve hours straight one time and when I walked up there with my cards there wasn't even a single fuckin' body left. But the smell, that gasoline smell... It smells like... victory."

He drank from the rest of his cup, then gave it to one of the grunts, who ran off and put it in Silas' chopper. As Silas began to walk away, he patted me on the back and said "someday this war's gonna end." He's goddamn right it is. And if everything goes the way I want it to, then it'll end someday soon.

7 years ago

PART FOUR: The Last Checkpoint

Once we were all ready, we sailed down the stream to the Heart. Unfortunately, it appears that Silas led us to a stream that eventually merged back with the main river. "Damn my incompetence, there aren't any streams that don't eventually merge back with the main river," I muttered to myself. So a bit of just sailing around later, and we eventually found ourselves at the last checkpoint on the river. We were half-way there.

Again, unfortunately for us, this checkpoint was being attacked by the natives. In the middle of the night, it looked like fireworks: missiles flying through the air, muzzle flashes, explosions. There was the sound of gunfire, screams of pain, battle cries... It was anarchy. Tim and Mason were talking to each other, and Tim seemed rather distant. I overheard their conversation:
"You know that tab of acid I was saving?" Tim asked.
"Yeah," Mason replied.
"I dropped it."
"Far out, man." With that, Mason patted Tim on the back then went back to his machine gun.

We stopped at the the shore; maybe we could get some help here. A man came up to me, and he was holding a mailbag. "You Captain Chris of 11302 the third?" He asked me, to which I replied yes. "I got some mail for you and that boat's crew." He handed me a few packages, which I brought back to the boat. Steve, Mason, and Zag stayed at the boat while Tim and I scurried over to a turret nest.

As we passed several dead bodies, a few of which were actually just sleeping soldiers, we found ourselves at the nest. There were two men there, both of which I recognized: Sergeant Malkalack, who was cradling a grenade launcher in his arms and seemingly sleeping, and Corporal Narkin, who was firing the turret and screaming like a maniac. Malkalack muttered, just barely loud enough to be heard over the gunfire and Narkin's screaming: "You ain't hittin' shit, Nark."
"YOU GOT A BETTER IDEA, MOTHERFUCKER!?" Narkin yelled at him.
"Excuse me," I said, and both turned to me, Narkin stopping his screaming but still firing the turret. "Do you men know who's in charge here?" I asked.
"Ain't you?" Narkin asked me, then turned his attention to firing the gun. Then, Malk stood up, put a hand on Narkin's shoulder, and Narkin stopped firing. Then Malk checked to make sure his grenade launcher was loaded, and aimed to where Narkin was firing. I could just barely hear a voice with a native accent, yelling: "HEY, G.I. JOE! FUCK YOU, HAHAHA!"

Malk fired his rifle, and I could here the native yelling: "HEY G.I.! FUCK-" then, there was an explosion, and the native stopped yelling. I looked to Malk, then asked: "Hey soldier, you know who's in charge here?"Malk stared at me for a long while, then said: "Yeah." With that, he walked away and went back to sitting in his chair.

We weren't gonna find anything here. This was the last place before morals and humanity dropped off the charts, and it showed. Tim and I went back to the boat, and we went back to sailing, getting as far away as we could from that place. From here on, there was no possibility of calling for back-up, no getting air support, no ammo shipments. We had to make due with what we had. We all went to sleep.

The next day, we were up early, all excited to check our mail. Tim had gotten a letter from some of his friends, detailing what had been going on back home in their lives. Zag got a letter from his mom about what had been going on with the family, while Mason got some newspaper articles about major events back in CYS City. Tim pulled out some flares from his package, and lit all of them off. All of them were purple.

"Hey, look, purple haze!" He shouted, throwing them around. Steve and Mason laughed, Zag being too busy reading his letter to care. Then, we heard gunfire from the jungle surrounding us, followed by bullets hitting the hull of the ship. "FUCKIN' NATIVES!" Steve shouted, ducking for cover. Mason ran to his turret, while Zag, Tim, and I started firing with our rifles.

A small firefight later, and we got out of there, just barely, with no casualties. Then we heard Mason cry out: "Ah, shit, Zag's hit!" And that was when I noticed that Zag was lying face down in a pool of his own blood. Tim and I ran to Zag, flipping him over to check his pulse. There was nothing. "No, Zag, don't die on me... Come on, don't die... DON'T YOU FUCKING DIE, DAMMIT, DON'T DIE ON ME!" Tim shouted, shaking Zag's corpse. But it was too late. He was dead, and there was nothing we could do about that.

Zag was gone. We had lost our first soldier.

There truly was no going back now.

7 years ago

Of course I'd be the crazy bastard in the turret screaming like nobody's business and then missing all my shots.

7 years ago

Wait.

What did that Swedish guy do?

7 years ago

I don't know; if End is right then he's just a guy with an annoying personality. I only used him as the villain in my post because I couldn't think of a villain that wouldn't fuck with CYStian canon by having Chris and co. go down a river to kill him.

Or I could've just set this story in an alternate universe to the CYStian canon where everything is like the Vietnam War in the late 1960s and Brennon wasn't vanquished by Kiel so I wouldn't fuck with canon...

*shakes fist in the air* DAMN YOU MY INCOMPETENCE!

7 years ago
We subscribe to multiverse theory. Abuse Jimmy and Co. as much as you like. In fact, Jim-Jam would probably be insulted if you didn't.

7 years ago

Oh.

That's better.

TO THE REVISING STATION!

7 years ago

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

CHRIS-JAMES!!

7 years ago

*Bluefur flashbacks intensifies*

7 years ago

Just when they stopped happening, Derp. They just stopped happening... *sheds single tear*

7 years ago

Nothing, really.

7 years ago

"Nothing, apparently Mason just wanted to screw with somebody..." seems to be the answer going around. 

7 years ago

So we left off with this in my last story: The war had ended. Millions dead and hundreds more injured. Kiel gazed across the large infirmary. It was a long and hard battle, but it was much worth it. Today, all trolls had been eliminated.

And it would stay that way.

So, since everyone seemed to really enjoy that story, let's continue with some of the recent events that happened within the last two days or so.

---

The war had ended. Millions dead and hundreds more injured. Kiel gazed across the large infirmary. It was a long and hard battle, but it was much worth it. Today, all trolls had been eliminated.

And it would stay that way.

Kiel left the room in a rush to speak to Sethaniel, one of the senior moderators who'd contributed to this month-long war with his mighty ban-hammer that eliminated most of the trolls. Once again Kiel's mind was webbed with thoughts but he pushed them all away in fear that it would slow him down from meeting his goal. He had to speak with Seth to discuss reconstruction and casualties no matter what he thought about the matter. It wasn't relevant to the situation and Kiel knew it. They just needed to talk.

But before he could make it, he stumbled upon a bandaged young man dressed in a clean, crisp white shirt and khakis. He remembered him! His name was Mason, and he'd been in the group that eliminated a great amount of trolls. He felt a wave of gratitude rush over him as Mason stared at Kiel in the eyes, his brown eyes flaming.

"You know, we could've ended this fight earlier with less casualties," he spat bitterly. "We lost Tim. And you know what that does to people."

Kiel sighs. "I couldn't have just stopped the fight in two minutes, Guzzi." He pats Mason on the shoulder. "We'll be burying the bodies tomorrow."

Anger and grief flashed in Mason's eyes as he gripped Kiel by the shoulder. "That won't help with the fact that Tim is gone! It won't help any of us!"

Kiel shook off Mason's grasp and walked away, guilt blossoming in his heart. He wasn't aware of how many great people had been lost, but that's the cost of a war like this one. Many more people were going to perish if Tim didn't make his sacrifice, and Mason knew it. He sighed and continued trudging, his footsteps leaving marks in the sturdy grass. It was a beautiful day, with a sapphire sky and a bright yellow sun, the lake by the Modadmin House reflecting like a pane of glass. If you dived into this sacred body of water, it is said to give you great power. Kiel reached the House just as Sethaniel stood from his chair.

Seth looked as if he were in his late 50s, with brown grey-ing hair and glasses. He still looked young, however. He sipped his glass of lemonade as Kiel drew closer. "Hello," said he. "Come to discuss the aftermath?"

Kiel nodded solemnly. "Yes, m'lord," admitted he. "It's been rather...difficult on most of the survivors. We have to continue going forth, but the amount of casualties we've come to terms with is overwhelming."

Seth laughed heartily. "We've had wars like this before, Kiel, and we've just as easily overcame it. Don't worry, we'll fix this."

Kiel nodded and hugged Seth. "Thanks," he uttered. "Someone here has to have some hope."

---

Chris sat atop a hill, watching the events and restoration of the site. He had participated in the war just as much as others had, and the aftermath crushed him. One of his best friends had died while the war was closing, and even more were about to perish due to their wounds. He turned to the picture of Tim behind him, the sweet smell of incense curling in the air. He smiled sadly and lit the picture. He watched as the wind blew the ashes away and stood.

Tim was going to be avenged.

7 years ago

So, is this in the alt universe where Brennon survived and a war started, in the same universe as the Apocalypse Now thing? If so then that means I have to kill off Tim... NOOOOOOOOOO!

7 years ago

No. This is a universe where Brennon led the charge with Ryder and some others, but were brutally killed by a task force made up with Mason, Breezy, Bucky, Tim, and I think someone else. Steve and Raven were in this one, and if you want to see the original, I'll provide a link if you want.

7 years ago

There is no mention of Chris in the original.

I have no interest.

Case adjourned.

Just kidding, I'll read through it in a bit. Totally want my roaring rampage of revenge to be surreal and trippy btdubs.

7 years ago

Maybe you're not dead!

7 years ago

... wut.

7 years ago

I have a secret idea for a third article, in which you are dead, but it turns out *spoilers* You're not actually dead!

7 years ago

I've just logged my sister off and read all the latest forum junk, and it looks like she's done an adequate job with this. Good job, sis.

7 years ago

Lol Rip Tim

The Dankest

7 years ago

I kind of want to make something like this, but I don't think I have enough of you to include. ;-;

7 years ago

TIIIIIIIIM

7 years ago

Well yeah, I'd include you. After all, we are lovers elven thieves together.

7 years ago

What about me? ^-^

7 years ago

You seem nice enough, but we've only talked a few times.

7 years ago

You're right.

7 years ago

Maybe I can drop you into my story... And have Steve kill you for personal reasons.

7 years ago

The handful of people I actually like enough to add into it: Chris, Tim, iqqih, Bluefur, insanebutvain, Zag, Mason, and Kiel. I think that's probably it.

7 years ago

Okay, since I'm not in yours, the next continuation of my story will include you.

7 years ago

Eyyyyy thx m8.

Apocalypse Now But With CYS Members

7 years ago

FINALLY, THE WHOLE THING! Here you go, everyone. Made a few changes here and there, nothing really major though. EDIT: I just realized this isn't as funny as I wanted it to be. Fuck. And also Brennon is too calm and collected and not, well, trolly enough. Then again, this IS an alt universe where he outsmarted Kiel, so... Yeah.

Now this is a story about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. It'll only be a second, just sit right there, and hear about how I killed a rouge member in CYStia...el-air. In a city called CYStia, not born nor raised, in an apartment was where I spent most of my days. See I was chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, browsin' memes when I should be at school, when a couple of soldiers, who I knew were cool dudes, starting walking through my neighborhood. They came to my door and I got real scared, then they said "you're going on a mission to kill some dude named Brennon." ... In Bel-Air.

One unnecessary Fresh Prince of Bel-Air sing-along later and they were briefing me about Brennon. He was a new member who had slowly descended into trolling, until now he was a top threat. He attacked the Lounge with a porn bomb, but has always slipped away before being executed. He was insane, and reportedly had a bunch of crazy people to defend him. I asked if it was anyone that I would know, and they said there were two: Private Jimmy Sutton and Ryder, who had lied about being reformed only to begin another trolling streak. Well, being a cat-fucking creep streak. The rest were just an army of red shirts who didn't even exist.

It had been five years since Brennon famously distracted Kiel, just as Kiel was about to thrust his sword into Brennon's chest. Kiel survived the battle, being promoted to Senior Mod for his efforts and now ruling in a conference room rather than the battlefield. Following Brennon's attack on the Lounge and Kiel's failed assassination attempt, a war broke out between CYS and Brennon and his crazed followers. They occasionally bomb the city with pr0n bombs. The only reason it hasn't ended sooner is because the natives keep the army at bay. It helps that Ryder was one such native before heading into society, so that way they aren't attacked.

Kiel had sent me a letter with the soldiers, with only one sentence: 'Terminate with extreme prejudice.' When Brennon rebelled, Jimmy, Ryder, and a couple of low-life trolls joined him. They went deep into the Heart of CYS, which became more savage and untamed the closer you were to it. The center, where Brennon's base was, was full of ruthless natives who would murder without hesitation and eat the corpses after. I was going straight in there on a PBR, along with four others who were the ship's crew.

They gave me a night before I was gonna head off. After getting drunk, doing some weird shit, punching a mirror then crying to myself, all while The End by The Doors was playing in the background, I was ready. The next morning I was up and ready at the docks, meeting the crew of the PBR. There were Privates Mason and Zag, two newfags who've only been here a little over a year. There was also Warrant Officer Tim, my old friend and bunkmate back at boot camp. He lagged behind a bit, despite being several years my senior; both in age and in how long he had been training in the military. Then there was Captain Steve. I knew him from around the base, but I never really talked with him. He, of course, was captaining the boat.

Steve and I were the only people who knew what the mission was; the others were told we were on some sort of recon mission, scouting out the area near the heart for a spot to set up a potential checkpoint. I think they had their doubts, but compared to Steve and I, they were merely grunts, so they didn't have proper clearance.

We began our journey up-river, into the heart of darkness, unbeknownst of the horrors and atrocities we would witness... Like the fact that I was probably gonna butcher the dialouge with a shitload of narm, and the horrible attempts at humor I would make in the narrative. And that's not even mentioning the typos and grammar mistakes...

The boat sailed up the river, passing the first check point. We were leaving the limits of CYS City. Beyond this, the only nods to civilization were military checkpoints that stopped half-way up, where the natives lost their humanity and became mindless savages. About a quarter of the way through there was a stage, mainly for concerts and occasionally... 'Shows' from Playboy Bunnies, if the money was around and the war was going good enough.

So we sailed down the CYS River, passing a number of other PBRs. We eventually came across our first battle, along the shoreline. The land was cleared out, most likely from napalm, and there was gunfire and shouting nearby. A helicopter flew overhead, with a familiar logo: a red shield with the black outline of a penguin on it.

Silas.

That crazy bastard led the CYStian 94th Air Cavalry, killing mooks and leaving cards on the most fucked up bodies. He was always a crazy blood knight, hell I enjoyed his company, but this war brought out the worst in him. Any sliver of humanity left in him was used to give orders, the rest having deteriorated as the war worsened. I yelled for Steve to stop the boat; maybe Silas knew if there was an out of the way stream where we could sail, away from the natives.

Steve does so, only after shouting back that this is a bad idea. Mason and Zag seem hesitant to get out of the boat, and I don't blame them; I've done some fucked up shit, but Silas scares the fuck out of me, moreso since the war started. Tim, however, seems a bit too eager to jump out. He's definitely as chaotic as Silas is, so of course they get along. Tim just wants to see an old friend, I suppose. We all jump out of the boat, armed with our rifles. It was time to see if that crazy fuck could be of any help.

The boys and I started a dash for cover. We passed some cameramen and directors. When Zag and Mason stopped and looked right at the cameras, the directors yelled: "Just keep fighting! It's for television! Act like the cameras aren't there!" It took them a while, but they eventually ran over to where myself and the others were.

The natives, armored up by Brennon and co. with various firearms, proved to be dangerous opponents. Men were dropping like flies, in fact I almost had my head taken off a few times. We helped out a bit, and eventually all the natives were either dead or too wounded to fight. And that's when we saw Silas. "Cards!" He shouted in his Irish brogue. One of the grunts ran over with a deck of Silas' cards. He opened them and dropped them on mutilated, disgusting bodies.

The boys and I started walking over, and Silas was standing over a native that was holding a pot over his stomach. Silas kicked the pot away, revealing that the native was using it to hold his guts in. "Christ, put a bullet in this guy's head and call me back when you do; I can't give him a card unless he's dead." Then, he walked towards me and the crew.

"Chris, Tim, Steve... Grunts. Good to see ya." He said, shaking hands with me.
"Hey, Silas, we were wondering if you knew about any streams that were out of the way of the natives that led to the Heart of CYS? We're on mission." I replied.
"The Heart of CYS? The fuck are you doing going up there?"
"Classified." After hesitating, Silas responded:
"I know a place. But to get there you'd have to go right through a village. Since that's not an option in that shitty little PBR you have, and I also have a few more cards left in the deck than I should have... We'll help you out."
"Knew we could count on you!" Tim added.
"Thank you, sir. You might be fucked up and scary, but at least you're on our side." Zag added. Silas laughed at that, then patted Zag on the back. He walked away.

The next day, we packed up and prepared to head out to the village. We were riding in Silas' personal chopper, among his best soldiers. All of them, myself, Tim, and Steve included, were sitting on our helmets. Mason asked Steve why we were all sitting on our helmets, and Steve replied: "So we don't get our balls blown off." Mason laughed, but Steve didn't. Then Mason stopped, took off his helmet, and sat on it.

"Gentlemen," Silas spoke up, "shall we dance?" Then, he turned on a stereo, and began to play the most kickass song ever as we rode to the village. And then we shot the fuck out of it. Due to budget restraints, here is a link to the Apocalypse Now scene that this is based on.

So then the helicopters landed, the soldiers ran out, and whatever natives were still alive gave it there all to take us out. They were outnumbered, outgunned, outmatched; but they kept fighting. Crazy bastards just kept fighting. Have to give 'em that: even when the odds are against them, they didn't stop until we were all dead or they were all dead.

Silas called in an air strike, and we watched as fighter jets flew in and bombed the jungle, where most of the natives, and a few of our men, were. Even after the gunfire stopped erupting from there, those jets didn't stop until there wasn't any jungle left to bomb. Silas, who was drinking from a coffee mug, stood next to me and the boys. Once the smell kicked in, Zag asked "what's that smell?"
"Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that." Steve replied. Then, Silas spoke up:
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning," he paused to drink from his mug, "just the smell. You know, we bombed a hill for twelve hours straight one time and when I walked up there with my cards there wasn't even a single fuckin' body left. But the smell, that gasoline smell... It smells like... victory."

He drank from the rest of his cup, then gave it to one of the grunts who ran off and put it in Silas' chopper. As he began to walk away, he patted me on the back and said "someday this war's gonna end." He's goddamn right it is. And if everything goes the way I want it to, then it'll end someday soon.

Once we were all ready, we sailed down the stream to the Heart. Unfortunately, it appears that Silas led us to a stream that eventually merged back with the main river. "Damn my incompetence, there aren't any streams that don't eventually merge back with the main river," I muttered to myself. So a bit of just sailing around later, and we eventually found ourselves at the last checkpoint on the river. We were half-way there.

Again, unfortunately for us, this checkpoint was being attacked by the natives. In the middle of the night, it looked like fireworks: missiles flying through the air, muzzle flashes, explosions. There was the sound of gunfire, screams of pain, battle cries... It was anarchy. Tim and Mason were talking to each other, and Tim seemed rather distant. I overheard their conversation:
"You know that tab of acid I was saving?" Tim asked.
"Yeah," Mason replied.
"I dropped it."
"Far out, man." With that, Mason patted Tim on the back then went back to his machine gun.

We stopped at the the shore; maybe we could get some help here. A man came up to me, and he was holding a mailbag. "You Captain Chris of 11302 the third?" He asked me, to which I replied yes. "I got some mail for you and that boat's crew." He handed me a few packages, which I brought back to the boat. Steve, Mason, and Zag stayed at the boat while Tim and I scurried over to a turret nest.

As we passed several dead bodies, a few of which were actually just sleeping soldiers, we found ourselves at the nest. There were two men there, both of which I recognized: Sergeant Malkalack, who was cradling a grenade launcher in his arms and seemingly sleeping, and Corporal Narkin, who was firing the turret and screaming like a maniac. Malkalack muttered, just barely loud enough to be heard over the gunfire and Narkin's screaming: "You ain't hittin' shit, Nark."
"YOU GOT A BETTER IDEA, MOTHERFUCKER!?" Narkin yelled at him.
"Excuse me," I said, and both turned to me, Narkin stopping his screaming but still firing the turret. "Do you men know who's in charge here?" I asked.
"Ain't you?" Narkin asked me, then turned his attention to firing the gun. Then, Malk stood up, put a hand on Narkin's shoulder, and Narkin stopped firing. Then Malk checked to make sure his grenade launcher was loaded, and aimed to where Narkin was firing. I could just barely hear a voice with a native accent, yelling: "HEY, G.I. JOE! FUCK YOU, HAHAHA!"

Malk fired his rifle, and I could here the native yelling: "HEY G.I.! FUCK-" then, there was an explosion, and the native stopped yelling. I looked to Malk, then asked: "Hey soldier, you know who's in charge here?" Malk stared at me for a long while, then said: "Yeah." With that, he walked away and went back to sitting in his chair.

We weren't gonna find anything here. This was the last place before morals and humanity dropped off the charts, and it showed. Tim and I went back to the boat, and we went back to sailing, getting as far away as we could from that place. From here on, there was no possibility of calling for back-up, no getting air support, no ammo shipments. We had to make due with what we had. We all went to sleep.

The next day, we were up early, all excited to check our mail. Tim had gotten a letter from some of his friends, detailing what had been going on back home in their lives. Zag got a letter from his mom about what had been going on with the family, while Mason got some newspaper articles about major events back in CYS City. Tim pulled out some flares from his package, and lit all of them off. All of them were purple.

"Hey, look, purple haze!" He shouted, throwing them around. Steve and Mason laughed, Zag being too busy reading his letter to care. Then, we heard gunfire from the jungle surrounding us, followed by bullets hitting the hull of the ship. "FUCKIN' NATIVES!" Steve shouted, ducking for cover. Mason ran to his turret, while Zag, Tim, and I started firing with our rifles.

A small firefight later, and we got out of there, just barely, with no casualties. Then we heard Mason cry out: "Ah, shit, Zag's hit!" And that was when I noticed that Zag was lying face down in a pool of his own blood. Tim and I ran over, flipping Zag over to check his pulse. There was nothing. "No, Zag, don't die... DON'T YOU FUCKING DIE, DAMMIT!" Tim shouted, shaking Zag's corpse. But it was too late. He was dead, and there was nothing we could do about that.

Zag was gone. We had lost our first soldier.

There truly was no going back now.

After burying Zag at sea (or rather, river), we continued upstream. After a few minutes of quiet, I remembered the letter that was written to me. I opened it, and found it was from Kiel. I began to read it.

"Captain 11302,
If you are reading this, you are halfway to Brennon's compound. If you have lost any soldiers, you have my condolences. I am writing this letter to you because there are some new developments: it has been discovered that another man, who was sent on a mission similar to your's and assumed KIA, has recently written a letter to his family. He was Major Bucky, perhaps you know him?"

I paused. The name was familiar: Bucky was revered as a hero in CYS. He fought with Kiel during the siege against Brennon. If ANYONE could succeed, it was him. And now I just found out he failed. Brennon and his followers much be a must bigger threat than I thought. If Bucky failed, there was no way I could succeed...

No, I thought, no, I need to keep going. I continued to read the letter. "Bucky wrote to his wife. The following is the letter, as it was written:

'deer wif,
sel teh hous.
sel teh cir.
sel teh dogger.
sel teh cheldren.
lol tis iz only teh bigening.'
(sic)

"It is clear that something broke him. Brennon must have found a way to turn this man, who valued grammar and proper spelling, into a Grammar Nazi's worst nightmare. Good men like this have been broken by this war, Captain. Let nothing stop you. Find Brennon. Infiltrate his base by whatever means necessary. And terminate Brennon's command."

The letter ended with two more sentences: "Terminate with extreme prejudice. And remember that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist." I wiped the sweat off my brow, stuff the letter back into the envelope, and put it on my desk for later review.

Later in the day, I think my doubts of if I could complete this mission started to show. Steve questioned my willpower: "Can you even handle this assignment, Captain? Even Kiel failed to take down Brennon, and he had the CYStian Army's best soldiers with him! In fact, considering your past, I'm not sure you're even fit to be a soldier anymore."

That was when I snapped.

"Your job is to sail this fucking boat upriver, not question my morale! Now if you question me further I will see to it that you get demoted once we get back to base!" At this Steve scowled.

"You're a mess, Captain..." With that, he went back to the helm and left me be.

A short while later, we saw some natives in the jungle, stalking us. They had spears rather than guns; but that didn't stop them from being any less of a threat. I told Steve to take her in quietly, but then Steve did something no one would have expected...

He ordered Tim and Mason to open fire on the natives. Their hesitation was strengthened by my shouting at them not to, but then I realized something: this might be my mission, but this is Steve's boat. He was their commanding officer. And if he ordered them to do something, there was nothing I could do to stop them. Steve barked the order again, and Tim and Mason opened fire on the natives.

More flooded to the shore, throwing spears and rocks and whatever they had. I ducked for cover, while Tim, Mason, and Steve fired at the natives. Steve was screaming angrily, shouting about how all of this was for Zag. When most of the native's were a bit down river, only a handful still stalking us in the jungle, I stood up. Then I saw it: a native preparing to throw a spear right at Steve.

"STEVE!" I shouted, but it was a moment too late. The spear pierced Steve's back and came out of his chest. For a moment he was confused. Then his confusion turned to shock. Then shock to anger. He grabbed me, trying his damnedest to impale me on the spear. I pushed back with all the strength I could muster, and after a minute of struggling, Steve's pulling weakened until it stopped.

His body went limp, and he collapsed to the floor. Now, not only did we lose a second soldier, but we also lost the boat's captain. This mission was going down the drain, but we were too far down. By now, we had to be at least three quarters of the way there. Zag and Steve would be avenged, and Brennon would pay for all the destruction he's caused.

We continued, not stopping as the jungle slowly covered the sky. Soon, if you were to look up, all you would see was trees, making a canopy above us, taunting us, saying that now we were at the heart. The heart of darkness.

We were close enough that now, I could finally tell the crew about why we were going to the heart. They had probably figured it out already, but I wanted to be sure they knew. I called Tim and Mason over, and they both came to me. That's when I started.

"I'm sure you know by now that we're not here for a simple recon mission." Mason nodded, and Tim said: "Knew it, you owe me 15 cigs, Mason." Mason frowned a bit.

"Well, it's time I told you what we're actually doing: we're going on a mission to take down Brennon and end this war." Mason and Tim both looked surprised. They knew it wasn't recon, but probably didn't expect this.

"I'm with you 'till the end, Chris. You know you can count on me," Tim said, setting a hand on my shoulder. Mason didn't bother doing that, instead grinning and saying: "And you can count on me, too. You're a good guy, Captain. Let's go take down Brennon, and make him pay for his crimes."

At least I had these two. In the darkness of the jungle, I could barely make it out, but I saw it: a large temple, at the end of the river, where the water meets the mainland. The heart.

Brennon.

As we got closer, I saw people in white robes near the shore, staring at me. The robes were stained with blood and dirt, and they had blank eyes that pierced through my very soul. They didn't attack us, they didn't acknowledge us, they just stood there. We stopped the boat at the shore. I told Mason to stay there while Tim and I got out to scout ahead. Before we left, I gave Mason the radio frequency to call if we needed an air strike, our coordinates, and the launch code. "Why do I need this?" He asked.

"In case I don't come back in eight hours, I want you to call in the air strike." I said. Without waiting for a response, Tim and I jumped out of the boat and headed to the center, rifles in hand. We saw graffiti all over the once majestic temple, but one in particular caught my eye:

"Our purpose: to do what is right. Our enemy: the people of CYStia. Our motto: Apocalypse Now."

And, after reading that, I noticed him: he was wearing ragged and torn military fatigues, with a buck skull on his head. I recognized his face, at least what I saw of it, and then I realized.

Bucky.

He was staring at me, along with the others. I walked slowly past him, but then the white-robed people began to move toward me. Tim stared at them, and they walked past him to me. They began to grab at me, not to hurt me, just groping me. Then they started to lift me, turning me upside down. "TIM!" I shouted, but Tim just stared on. His eyes seemed less alive, less energetic, less anything. They were vacant. He joined in, helping the people lift me and carry me.

They threw a sack over my head, and after a bit of walking they threw me onto a stone floor, and I grunted in pain. They bound my hands together with rope, and took off the sack. I was facing an archway. I expected to see him, Brennon, walk through it. But then I heard shifting from behind me, and I turned my head to see. It was a bed, and in it was a scrawny man, with nothing but a loin cloth to protect his modesty. His skin was covered in dirt and scars. His cheeks were sunken in, and black rings were around his eyes. Shadow covered half of his face.

Brennon.

"Do you know who I am, Captain?" He asked, in a surprisingly noble voice. What the hell? I expected him to speak like a child, and to speak like an imbecile. Nonetheless, I answered his question with a small nod.

"Then, tell me, why are you here?" I noticed a basin of water in his lap. He cupped his hands, took a scoop of water, and poured it on the top of his head.

I answered: "I'm here to kill you."

"Do you know how many they've sent before you, Captain?"

I nodded, "One. Bucky." At this, Brennon laughed.

"No. They've sent far more. I've forgotten how many, but in all their attempts, I escaped. But, they managed to take away Jimmy and Ryder, my two most loyal followers." That was new. I thought Jimmy and Ryder would still be alive.

"You're from Arizona, correct Captain?" He asked. I nodded in response. "What part?" He asked.

"North, near Laughlin."

"Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon." Funnily enough, I never had, despite living in Arizona most of my life.

"No, I haven't."

"You simply must. It's beautiful. There's something so tranquil and peaceful about that place. And the river is beautiful, as well."

"The Colorado River?"

"Yes. Yes that's the one." Brennon then set the basin on the floor, and laid back down on the bed. "Guards," he said, "bring the Captain here to the whipping post." I flinched, but Brennon chuckled. "No, Captain, relax. You are just going to be tied there until I know what to do with you."

The guards took me to the post, and tied me to it. I stayed there for hours, and I noticed that Tim was among Brennon's cult members. His had taken off his shirt, and smeared mud and blood on his face. His hair was sticking up at odd angles, and his eyes were almost as vacant as those of the white-robed people. I almost cried; my best friend. They took away my best friend.

I somehow managed to fall asleep, but I was awoken in the middle of the night. Standing above me was Brennon, his face covered in camoflouge paint. He stared at me wordlessly. He was holding something behind his back. I stared back. Then, he tossed the thing he was holding behind his back into my lap.

It was Mason's head, an expression of terror and shock frozen on his face. I screamed, and Brennon slowly walked away. After shaking the head out of my lap, I began to sob. I eventually fell back asleep, it being plagued by nightmares.

The next day, I woke up in the boat, in my small room below deck. At first, I thought it was all a dream; I was still sailing, probably on the first day of the trip, and I just had the jitters. But as I glanced around the room, I finally noticed the headless corpse of Mason, slumped over my radio. I almost screamed, but pulled myself together.

Brennon walked into the room. "Good, you're awake," he said, "you can get to work. We are preparing a ritual, in honor of the fifth anniversary of Kiel's failed assassination attempt."

"Ritual?" I asked.

"We will slaughter a water buffalo."

I cringed a bit. I imagined the worst case scenario, where they brutally rip apart the buffalo while it is still alive, feasting on it's remains, even as flies and cock roaces race for it. I shook my head to clear it of the thought.

"O-okay," I muttered. Brennon left the room, and presumably went back to the temple. I stayed on the boat all day, plotting what I would do. Brennon wouldn't be expecting me to kill him today. He thinks that I am too frightened to do that. I am a bit frightened in fact. And there is a chance I will die...

But if I die, he's going down with me.

I prepare to attack during the ritual. I suspect that he'll be in his quarters during the ritual, at least I pray he will be... I take a machete from the armory, psych myself up, throw off my shirt, and cover my face in mud, leaves, and black paint. I will be Brennon's assassin. I will be the avenger of all those that died because of his action.

I will be the heart of darkness.

The ritual began, and I swam in a stream that led to the back of the temple, staying submerged underwater. I slowly stuck my head up, taking a moment to look around. No one. They were all busy with the buffalo.

Good.

I made my way into the temple with quick movements, sticking to the shadows. I killed a guard on patrol, taking his spear. I made quick use of it by throwing it at a guard, harpooning him. It reminded me of Steve for a moment. Nonetheless, I moved on.

I found myself in Brennon's quarters. He had his back to me, and was washing his face with water from the basin. I crept up to him, raising the machete high. And then I brought it down on his back. Again, and again, and again.

I didn't hit him in spots that would kill him quick. I just mortally wounded him. He deserved to suffer after all he had done. He coughed up some blood, stared at the ceiling, and muttered: "The horror... Th...e...hor...ror..."

And then all was quiet. I took off his head, and carried it with me out the front entrance. The ritual stopped when the natives caught sight of me, holding their leader's head. All stared at me, and for a moment I thought I was going to have to fight out of here.

Then one of them bowed. The rest followed.

I saw Tim among them, bowing. "Tim." I said. He didn't look at me. "C'mon, Tim, we have to go." Tim didn't reply. He didn't even look at me. I tried to force him to come with me, but he wouldn't budge. I left for the boat, leaving my old friend behind; he was just too far gone.

I went to the helm, turned the boat around, and began the long journey back home. Brennon's final words echoed in my mind. I recalled the faces of all I had lost, from the bombings of the Lounge to the mission to kill Brennon. Slasher. At_Your_Throat. Claw. Coins. Betaband. Iqqih. Derp. Zag. Steve. Mason. Tim. All through out, I replayed Brennon's final words in my mind.

The horror... The horror.

7 years ago

So much beautiful text! This is super good, and super sad too.

7 years ago

Sad? Wow, I managed to make someone sad with my story. Amazing!

7 years ago

Yep. We all mourn for Mason. He was so young!

7 years ago

Really? The fact that Mason died abruptly is what you're sad about? I would have expected it to be Silas saying that the some day the war is gonna end or Steve trying to take Chris down with him or Tim going insane or Chris recounting all that he lost. I didn't expect you to be sad that Mason had his head chopped off and was only mentioned twice after that (and briefly mentioned, at that).

7 years ago

Just thinking about waking up and seeing a headless body lying near you. I guess I meant to say that I was horrified.

7 years ago

Sorry I can't revive this right now, Bucky. Hopefully somebody else will. This thread is good, but I'm busy with my own writing. 

7 years ago
Haha, well, the thought is appreciated.

7 years ago

I really hope our new White Knight can help.

@Chris113022

7 years ago

Why am I the white knight?

7 years ago

Because you've become a good writer in this thread. You're the one to save us!

7 years ago

Me. A good writer. I thought I'd never see the day.

I thought my story sucked, mainly because no one left a reply confirming my fears or saying otherwise. Aside from Wizzy, that is.

7 years ago

It's pretty long, I'm reading it now. 

7 years ago
Wizzy counts as a person.

7 years ago

I didn't say he counted as a person. I just said he was the only one to reply to my story. One doesn't necessarily mean person.

7 years ago
I know you didn't say he counted as a person ^_^

7 years ago

Wait... Shit. I thought that was you joking about me calling Wizzy a person when I didn't and I explained it and now I feel like a fucking moron.

THE POINT IS, Wizzy was the only one who replied to my story. And now Chris feels like an idiot. And now Chris is talking in the third person for God knows what reason.

7 years ago
Sounds like it's time for The Chris Parable II - The Router Strikes Back.

7 years ago

When I finally get around to rewriting the first Chris Parable, that's probably what I'll do.

And Hazelmyre. Gotta do that.

7 years ago

The Chris Parable III - A New Router.

7 years ago

I feel confused, and insulted.

7 years ago
This one is a shorty, but dwarves need love too.

Troll Food

Bucky could only watch from the castle keep as the trolls devoured the Blue Wizard's lifeless corpse.

Right there! In the open field! Just across from the moat...

The fiends tore the Blue Wizard's cloak and robes asunder, using them as shit-paper to wipe their arses with, even there, in plain view of the soldiers on the walls! They gouged out his eyes and drank the juices. They poked his corpse with pointy sticks and bathed in his entrails. They roasted chestnuts and... other things over an open fire, just beyond the reach of the longbow-men's range.

It's best not to repeat the things they said of his mother.

Mizal, Mason and Ivy stood beside Bucky on the battlements, shaking their heads in disbelief.

"Those heathen bastards!" Mason wept. The tears flowed like a raging river down his cheeks.

"I tried to warn him..." For the first time in his life, Bucky was at a loss for words.

"Could he have been bewitched? Hexed? Sleep deprived?" asks Mizal. "I... I just don't understand."

"It matters not, mates." Ivy turns and heads back into the bowels of the donjon. "He has been consumed. We can do no more for him."

Slowly, yet surely, everyone returns to the war chamber. They all sit down, heads bowed in silence. How could he have played such a fool? T'was not his part in this sad play. Yet he took the roll! And willingly!

The door opens and the Dark Lord enters. Steve follows right after.

"Quit sulking you fucking losers." The Dark Lord takes his seat in the place of honor. "I'm here, so we're going to win."

And just like that, bountiful omens burst through the door. Thara bows to the council members and bestows them each with gifts of caramel apples. Yes, the Blue Wizard may be troll food, but with the Dark Lord gracing them with his presence, our heroes shall not fail.

7 years ago

Yes, yes, rebirth the thread!

7 years ago

RESURRECTION!

7 years ago

But there's a new one now...

7 years ago

That one sucks. 

7 years ago

That one has stories about Tim and Chris

7 years ago

No Masons....it sucks.

7 years ago

Mason's in the first story about Tim and Chris.

Therefor it is not suck.

7 years ago
Here's a prompt for you: Mason takes his Mason Jar of pennies and goes to the pet store to buy a rather unusual critter.

7 years ago

I'm tempted to write a story about Mason, who goes and buys a cat after his grandma gives him money for his birthday. Mason takes the cat home, but it has 'WarriorCatosis', which causes it to shake and go crazy, doing the same acts in the movie, 'the Exorcist'. He then calls the anti-cat squad, consisting of Tim, End, Bucky, and Steve.

But I'll do that later.

7 years ago

Tim, End, Bucky and Steve.

One of these things is not like the other...

7 years ago
Lol

7 years ago

Oh, why the fuck not?

It's the annual CYS (card-your-story) tournament of 2016! It's been a great year so far, with great new decks being added. If you didn't know, CYS is the greatest in latest tabletop technology! It has deck management, point magangement, card collecting, card stats, special strategies, card combos and even more! 

The Nerds gather at the CYS-con, in the greatest January in the history of the world. This is the day all have been waiting for: the determination of the CYS champion. The rivalries between the Pimple Punk and Puberty Puncher has set a new mood for the tournament, setting it apart from the others. But there are not only Nerds at the convention-- also actual humans. While this is a year for rivalries, there can be newcomers....

The starters are good. Nerds and People alike fight each other in crazy unrelenting super complex games, not only breaking somebody mentally but also physically. Kids cast 'Pengunite Blood Storm', 'Soul-eating Capy', and many more. Grandma lunch bags are unpacked, Nerds are passing out in defeat, cards are being casted, and low-level 'Lemon' cards are discarded.

It's a great, bloody, fuck-fest. But now it's the Semi-Finals. A mysterious newcomer dressed in a blue cloak, if only to shield his identity. The Nerds claim he's a Person, but that has yet to be found out. Against the mysterious newcomer is infamous Zerka, a Nerd who actually created his own Nerd site dedicated to CardYourStory....well, also Roleplaying. On the other end is the Pimple Punk versus Chris the Cunt, and the Puberty Puncher against C-drive. It appears to be difficult and interesting, but what happens with the newcomer is outstanding.

Zerka grins as the Starting Gun of God Osiris with +2 firing enchantment is fired, starting the battle. He shuffles a good deck, and places a Reading Corner. Pricey move. On the other end is the mysterious newcomer, but if his face wasn't concealed he'd probably be smiling. The newcomer places down a Moderator. Zerka's expression failed. But....how? The entire crowd turned to the Legendary Card: Alex the Pea. Zerka then summons Caster of Corn and a Lounge, but all it recruits is a stray Penguinite drunk and a small troll. Alex uses the Bolt of Ban to obliterate the forces, and at an easy and quick win, the Newcomer has made it to the Finals. 

Of course the Pimple Punk and Puberty Puncher make it as well, and the Judges haul out a special edition collectors set: a three-way holo-board. The Pimple Punk creates his land into a fiery domain, of course, to hinder Ice combatants and attackers. The Puberty Puncher shapes his side of the holo-board into an electric maelstrom. They both turn to the hooded man. Instead, he takes off the hood: revealing a beatuful, flawless face of justice. He was not a Person, nor a Nerd. He was a Beauty-- a once thought long lost species. The crowd shuffled in shock, and one of The Judges passed out. The Punk and the Puncher started to sweat, but they didn't know if it was fear or puberty. 

"My name is Farren. That is all. Let us play." Farren grins, and displays a whole hand to do a risky move: summon his entire deck to the field. The rest of the match is crazy, blood spewing across the virtual board. But Farren has a check mate: his men have begun to construct a Storygame. The Punk and the Puncher team up to send waves of reinforcements at Farren's base, and they terminate the defenses. But, the Storygame is complete. The device opens up, and successfully rolls a high rating. So high, it's featured. The monstrous mechanic blows up the other thirds of the board.

He has one.

And now Nerds are considered cool.

Pfft.

Flame Wars: The Gathering Tournament

7 years ago

"Tap 7." Chris grinned, turning all of his threads sideways. 

Kiel was perturbed, and he rubbed his temples heartily. It was true that his Depravity+Reason deck was highly powerful and thus far undefeated, but Chris's Bravado creatures were getting increasingly... Big... and, by and large, more and more of a pain in the ass to deal with. Anything that cost 7 mana couldn't be good. Dramatically, Chris slammed his card on the table.

"Boom!" Chris said.

Though he was originally winning, having had Kiel down to 8 or so health, Chris's library refused to grant him any creatures or spells that did anything for quite a while, and now at 8 health himself, things were looking bleak. After several turns of his hand being spammed with nothing but threads and having nothing to cast with them, Chris had found his saving grace. Needless to say, even a hastily scrawled Penguinite face can be a welcome site in situations where your health is sparse and your mana looks like the US National Debt.

"Your turn!" Chris said, chipperly.

Kiel took a moment to consider his options... He looked at his hand and sighed. Unfortunately he wouldn't be able to save Jamescoker for a more game-winningy moment, but that Sentinel was bad news! Thanks to Briar Rose, he was able to get himself back up to 28 health, but a 7/6 with Bitter (The ability to deal excess damage to a player or Forumwalker if they kill a blocking creature) and Shameless (They cannot be targetted by spells, positive or negative) is just a major pain in the nards. This was indeed an annoyance of the highest caliber, but Kiel had everything needed to deal with it, so deal he did.

"Tap 4, I summon JamesCoker. He's a 5/8." Kiel said, shuffling through his graveyard. "And I also cast 'Deliberate Necro Tagging',"

Suddenly, there were two more creatures on the field, both of which made Chris's stomach knot itself with frustration.

"Your turn, Chris."

Chris absolutely hated Briar Rose. She stole 12 health from him already, and he had spent the few creatures he was able to get his hands on trying to kill her, dammit! Chris knew he only had about 2 hits from Briar Rose left in him, and he had to find a way to stop her, fast!... Chris played. It was a mana, his favorite one, actually. A Full-Art Salt mana, and a unique one too. Rather than your standard "Heated Political Debate", it was "Passionate Video Game Opinions". Too bad there was still practically nothing he could do, aside from attack with Sentinel, which would invariably be blocked by James... But then, it happened... Chris drew his legendary Forumwalker card and tapped all 8 of his mana!

"Your turn..." Chris said, pensively awaiting Kiel's next attack.

Kiel just smiled and attacked with James. both creatures. Chris blocked them, unfortunately sacrificing a Mustache token. His bravery in battle would be remembered forever. There wasn't much else useful in Kiel's hand... Yet... But on the next turn, Chris was surely a dead little wizard.

"Pass."

Chris drew another card, beaming like a maniac, he was about to pull this one out of the hole! He put another mustache token down and ended his turn.

Kiel drew his card, almost immediately tapped his mana, and lay down his enchantment on JamesCoker,

He then led his mighty charge into Chris's frontlines. He sacrificed Sentinel to the explosion, but he couldn't block Briar's finishing blow...

Or, he wouldn't block Briar's finishing blow.

"What on earth are you smiling about? I just won!" Kiel said, trying to hide a certain note of worry in his voice.

"Nuh-uh!" said Chris, tapping 4 Salt mana, "Say goodbye to 20 health!"

A heavenly chorus seemed to sound off somewhere in the distance as Chris cast his next spell.

"WHAT THE-" Kiel slapped the referee awake, "Can he even do that!?"

"Huh?..." The referee blinked slowly, adjusting his belt of mason jars, "Sure, sure, whatever..."

He then promptly fell back asleep.

Kiel moaned in exasperation, marking his health down as 8, "Pass..."

"Kiel?" Chris asked as he drew another mana card, a Bravado Mana, placing it down.

"Huh?"

"Given the choice between Strawberry Pudding and a Spork, which one would you choose?"

"Sporks." Kiel said, spitefully. He knew precisely what Chris was doing, but he was already being screwed in the ass by the ref anyhow.

"Good."

Chris resurrected Silas and drew another card, playing it instantly!

Chris attacked, enjoying the sweet, albeit questionable taste of a hard, hard-earned victory. He was one step closer to becoming Flame Wars champion of Cystia.

7 years ago

Tenoutaten.

7 years ago

Kiel, you have to admit that if this was real you'd trade all your Magic cards for this version.

7 years ago

Sadly, no. I'd only want three of those cards and I'm not giving up my MTG decks.

It would be nice if this was a thing, though. (Wtf? Why is James an Orzhov card?! He ought to be basic green or Gruul... I'd even accept Golgari--provided he was secretly an undead fox--but Orzhov? :P)

7 years ago
xD, I have no idea what you're talking about. The funny thing is, when I wanted to try out MTG for the first time, the starter packs had NO mana. I mean, what the hell?

7 years ago

Um. What? All starters have like, 25 lands in them. How did you not get any...?

7 years ago
No, no, I got lands. They just gave me no mana cards. Wait, are there even mana cards in MTG?

7 years ago

-_-' ... Did you even read the game rules? Lands are what produce mana. Islands produce blue mana, swamps make black mana, plains make white mana, so on. 

7 years ago
I know that. I'm just asking are the mana actual cards? Or do you just floop the ones required to summon the card?

(Because what I was thinking is that when you floop a land, you get a mana card of the specified biome).

7 years ago

xD No. No, the mana you get is purely represented by the mana symbols on the land ( / gate / animal / whatever the hell you have making mana) card.

7 years ago
Oh.

I was confused there.

I thought I had a missing part of the game.

Good to know I have all components.

7 years ago

Mhm. It's a really fun game once you get the hang of it.

7 years ago
Yeah, I got the two-player pack so I have enough for....well, two players. Don't know which cards are 'special', though. Plus I don't know the lore whatsoever, going to have to research that a little. xD

7 years ago
Beginner question:

What is the highest amount of lands and creatures you can have in play?

7 years ago

As many as you can put out. There isn't a limit.

7 years ago
Really? Wow. I'm going to probably spam the shit of the game.

7 years ago

You need to actually draw the cards. One per turn... Unless you have cards that let you draw more cards, which are still pretty hard to get/use.

7 years ago

I know that. It's just that I'm usually the guy who gets the twenty land cards first. xD

7 years ago

Shuffling your library helps!

7 years ago

You can't really, unless you have things like Aman that let you slowly build up a spam army. You can only do one land per turn and everything's got a set cost. The only thing you can spam more and more of are Cheatyfaces, which are hard to collect in spammable quantities.

7 years ago

Well, the colors of FWTG, while similar in function, work way differently in lore and appearance than the ones in magic. MTG's colors are the primal/magic trope elements, whereas FWTG's colors are the "elements" of a wild internet fight. I was thinking, since we all mix our styles of argument from time to time, that there was one of us for every sort of style, but the most prominent/powerful ("Forumwalker" forms) would be the ones with which we are usually the mightiest. Briar's planeswalker avatar is black/blue, mine is red/green, Morgan is white, blah blah, blah blah blah.

White is now Reason, using a calm demeanor, logic and facts to support your rightness. Blue is Sarcasm, casually handwaving everyone's shit and using somebody's words against them, though I didn't cover any of that here. Black is depravity, driving people from the argument with distraction, shock, and just being a plain stubborn bastard. Green is Bravado, which relies on being a big personality and buffing it with equally big forum characters. Red, of course, is Salt, which is all about trying to destroy everything because you're pissed.

Since James gets into weird and/or sexual derailments all the time and tries to be factual and calm whenever he debates, I figured it'd be reasonable to make him a reason/Depravity card.

7 years ago

What about a Card Wars-type Flame Wars?

7 years ago

Interesting...

7 years ago

Love both of these. If this was real, I would trade all my MTG cards for these. Though I don't know if my mom would like a card saying, 'Fuck you', in the house...

7 years ago

I have one that will explain why and how my mission to kill Brennon failed, but I'm not sure of I should post it since the ending is kinda obvious.