Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Hey everybody,

Listen before you guys moan that I am back, I would like to just say this...

I am sorry for the way I acted before. 

I acted like a childish bastard who thought he could do so much for so little. I looked through earlier posts and found out that I was a COMPLETE douchebag Nonstop. From the posts I made on the wishing well forum, to just being a stubborn ass in the lounge. I should have been glad you did not ban me on the spot. Like Sentinel said in previous threads. My posts were cancer. I'm sorry that I did all of this.

I know that most of the trolls on this site apologize only to cause more trouble, and I am not surprised if you still think I will continue to do this. I had and still have no intentions of trolling you guys. 

If you don't wish to forgive me. That is OK. I will leave the site immediately. I don't want to purposefully annoy you guys. 

However, if you do forgive me, I promise to show this community with the respect you guys deserve. This is not to butter you guys up. I sincerely mean that.

So, here this is your chance to get rid of me for good, or this is your chance to see an asshole change into someone who will produce interesting, highly entertaining story games.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago
Why is everyone apologizing this week? Is there something in the water?

That's great, Jimmy, but actions speak louder than words. Write a story. Write a blurb. Provide feedback in the WW. Help spur meaningful discussion. Volunteer to beta test stories and scan for typographical errors. These are things that show you care about the community.

I won't berate your intent, but melodramatic posts have minimal to no utility.

@DerpBacon Guess I need to hand my medal back... It was so shiny too.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

*sigh* Hand it over. Y'know, it kills me to have to take it back...

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Don't worry, Bucky. I'll stay strong. I apologize for nothing! I'm glad I did everything I did! I regret nothing!

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

That is exactly what I needed to hear, I just wanted to be given that chance to do those actions. smiley 

Edit:But It would have been great if I responded to the right person as a startangry.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Respond to yourself. Hardly matters who you apologize to, you're a tiny fish in a small pond, and don't exactly come up in discussions very much. Or often. Or ever.

That being said, it's you who you need to apologize to, your absence or presence doesn't affect anyone else that much, however you behave.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

I have to agree with Bucky. Just about anyone can write up an apology for something they did previously. But people who try to prove that they can make up for their mistakes through positive interaction really show that they want to become a member of the community once again.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Oh, look, Jimmy's back. 

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Well. This is rather interesting.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Hey there! :)

I don't recall us ever conversing but I hope you're able to follow through with those words of yours. So good luck I suppose. 

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Yep you do that.

I suggest you Write a skyrim game about a greybeard with torrets.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

It's Tourette's, and the swearing thing is a misconception.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Oh.  thanks for the spelling correction.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Eh, it's only kind of a misconception. It still happens to 10% of patients with the condition, and the rest just have milder compulsions. Also, there's motive: the point--of course--is that the person will say whatever their brain deems socially inappropriate. Could be swearing, could be racial slurs, whatever.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

I have no idea who you are, which means I forgive you automatically.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

When I see threads like this they just make me want to come up with a ridiculous, degrading list of hoops for the apologizer to jump through to earn my forgiveness, when I wouldn't even care otherwise. I don't know why that is.

Anyway, this is an excellent time to slink back in, most of us are busy hating chowhall, if we have time for forum drama at all.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Yo.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Yeah, you're forgiven, mainly because I don't know you, or what you did. I just hope that what you say is true. Only time will tell I suppose.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

I've never really interacted with you, but I know everyone talks shit about you. However, I suppose I forgive you. As long as you're going to be a decent member of our community, that is.

Hi everyone.

7 years ago

Hm. Well, I'm glad you apologized. Although, I didn't find you to be much of a nuisance.

Anyways, consider yourself forgiven. :)