Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

You guys aren't really mean?

7 years ago

Where's the line? Is 'mean' slang for something that I don't know, and it opened a can of worms that flopped and floundered on the ground, spelled the name of an ineffable eldritchian thingummy, dooming the world?

Anyway. You, we, I, are all mean, and occasionally that means writing a sentence that doesn't shoot rainbows and sprinkles. Or one with a point, because whiles it's obvious, a pointless sentence is the correct definition of a shitpost. Not simply something you disagree with, similar to yelling fascist as a kneejerk reaction.

7 years ago
Definitions and dictionaries are fun! They helped make Eminem the best selling artist of the 2000s!

7 years ago

Dictionaries are fun? And you were just starting to make me believe I might have been the cancer...

7 years ago
Being direct with someone doesn't equate with being mean. If anything, it means you respect them enough to give them your direct opinion.

Or is this a sub-thread thing that got moved and now I'm inserting my unwanted opinion into an old and forgotten post T^T

7 years ago

All opinions are welcome. Silly ones get to be mocked, so do non-silly ones. Trick is whether it can stand up worth a damn, by itself or with evidence.

But that's a good point, respect. Nothing says "I don't respect/trust/like you" like being coy, implying, tricksy, instead of just plain and to a point. At best, it's a protective thing.... which doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Just words, and thoughts, after all. At worst, it's a more subtle contemptuous thing "You are too much of an idiot to get a raw opinion, so here's the version that your inferior intellect *might* comprehend, peasant. Begone!"

7 years ago

[Is it bad if the first person I thought of was Mizal *cough (please don't kill me)]

I assume that your second paragraph is referring to those moments when you do need to be direct. I don't want you to think I'm some solemn character all the time. For the most part I have a very dry sense of humour, and I'm pretty back-and-forth, but you gotta know when to be direct when the situation calls for it.

Plus there's a difference between disrespecting someone else's idea and the actual person themselves. i.e. if I meet a person who has some out-dated and, frankly, stupid idea of, for example, the earth is flat, or that the Mongols caused Down's syndrome, then I'd launch into a heated discussion on why they're, uh, wrong. However, because I don't disrespect the person themselves, a civil discussion can be had. Then I actually learn something from that person: perhaps I had not considered the other side of the story, or I actually come to accept their view. As a recent example, there was a discussion on bestiality on the threads that wasn't taken down for quite some time due to it being quite civil.

7 years ago

That's also an important distinction. When someone is so wrapped up in an idea, or more accurately, an opinion, then pointing out very real flaws seems to them, to be pointing out their flaws. Which if they want to take it like that,points out different, but very real flaws in them, so in a way it's true - just more of an own goal then a point made by the opposition.

It doesn't always work, but any internet debate works better with a float like a butterfly, sting like a bee approach. Accept valid criticisms and points made, have your own solid and reliable. Moment you get emotionally invested, and start punishing the poor keyboard with VERY. STRONGLY. TYPED. WORDS. you're making a spectacle of y'self, and becoming the topic, instead of the original points. And, it takes a lot of discipline to not prod sore spots with the stick of mild mockery, when the flailing is amusing.

Anyway, the thing I've found works worst, is long posts. It's not an inditement, but most arguments and points can and should be succinct and an easy progression to follow. A long post either won't be read, or someone who is looking to start shit will find the one sentence that's poorly worded, spin it and claim that this renders everything else invalid. Which is purest bullshit, but shifts the momentum, and turns it into dull quibbling.

Worst worst, is poor use of paragraphs (or, not) and other grammar tools to space out the text.

iavatus ruins penis joke

7 years ago

All excellent points iavatus, but by posting this you ruined my penis joke.

I wish I had more time to play around with this 20 character limit, there's now a meta game involved with posting here.

iavatus gives the snip...pets

7 years ago

That's why they call me the emasculator.

7 years ago

I just want to say that this shows up on the forums page as "you guys aren't real"

7 years ago

I was just about to say.

7 years ago
Really expected a nihilism thread.

7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5J_kao6mwA

NOSSINK!

Welp, I'll make a note to try and craft a sentence with an alternative, amusing meaning at the ~23 char area.

The honourable burning tit....ular protagonist

3:1 men are (expletive) cow....ards

Your ugly sister is a right slu....ggish typer

or the other way

50 things to do with your pen...is

Your penis isnt really the topic here

7 years ago

I think 20 characters is the limit, but this needs more testing.

And for that fist one I'm sure you mean 'honorable'. :)

7 years ago

That fist one?

7 years ago

He's a filthy tea-drinking Brit. That's how they spell it.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I just started a trip to Oregon and before we even got to Pittsburgh, Bucky got bit by a zombie, Mizal got lost for a damn hour and started singing a stupid song that annoyed everyone and Malk got dysentery.

Then top to it all off, almost immediately after we left Pittsburgh, Axiom went and got herself captured by bandits.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Organ Trail?

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Yeah.

Granted I've had some bad starts, but that one was the worst I had in awhile.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Wat da fuq?!

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I love that game.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

WHAT GAME?!

You guys are useless

7 years ago

The Organ Trail.

It's The Oregon Trail... But with ZOMBIES!

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Ended up having to shoot Bucky before he turned into a zombie.

Then I shot everyone else just because I was running out of supplies and couldn’t be bothered to micromanage them any longer.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Hope you make it to Oregon.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

*slow clapping* Nice job surviving.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Yeah, made it to Oregon. (Since when is Cthulhu guarding the damn place?)

But since I got bit by zombies, I can only guess that I quickly proceeded to infect the only human safe haven left.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

YOU WIN!

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Yay! *Screaming, explosions in background*

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I am never bringing you along on a road trip mister.

You guys are useless

7 years ago
You must have me mistaken for someone else. I would never let a filthy zombie touch me.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I have surveillance footage that speaks differently.

And it wasn't the zombie doing the touching, nooooo. Filthy zed spy.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

May I ask why you didn't make a character named Mason?

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I can work the shaft. You can't. It's as simple as that. 

You guys are useless

7 years ago

yo waddup

I can work on whatever shaft you need me too.

Add me as a character.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Did you seriously edit your big grand post calling out Bucky? :p

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Don't worry, I saved it.

Bucky got hit by a zombie? Really? If so, justice/karma has finally caught up.

Let me get this straight: Bucky calls me cancer for no reason --> Bucky becomes zombie --> Zombie = Cancer

I'm no genius, but for now, I'll assume its Blaze 1: Bucky 0

:3

Some sick burns there bro.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I'm going to have to take a point away in the fail at backtracking unfortunately. 

Good job in holding him to his words mizal. Lol 

You guys are useless

7 years ago
I thought that guy got banned? More's the pity.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

It's Ryder, just being a dick with alt accounts, as usual.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Well, Blaze should make an apologize thread. He should apologize for the serious burns inflicted on Bucky. I bet he looks like Kruger now.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Nice edit.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

He DID call me cancerous, but I didn't read the whole post so I thought he was dead. Too bad he isn't :(

And yes, that was a good burn

You guys are useless

7 years ago

You ARE cancer.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Why would you say that :(

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Because you are. You're the website equivalent of a urethral tumor. 

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Slit your wrists and do pushups in a bathtub filled with salt.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

No need for that sort of thing, dahlink.

Use some wit next time. Like

You are a fool descended from a long line of fools.Heard of mitochondrial Eve? Well you my friend, are a direct descendant of the fount of all fools.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Are you not aware that mizal was being sarcastic? There was not one sick burn in either one of your posts at failing to insult Bucky unfortunately. n.n

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I’m not sure how anyone that says this: “I can work on whatever shaft you need me too.”

Is “winning” in anything except as cock sucking whore of the year.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I made a joke about how I was in the party and not Mason because I know how to suck a dick. Blaze proceeded to copy me. 

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I don't get why I'm being treated like a dick. I just try to be a funny guy.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

If you really felt that way you wouldn't be saying something completely different, then suddenly editing your post to something completely different again so you can't be held accountable for the things you post.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

To add to the fact that he still gets caught in the act, making it all the more shameful. Plus, you (Now referring to Ryder) feel as if you are supreme and better than everybody else. Just go fuck some cats. You do have a place on CYS, but only as a retard who gets laughed at and scorned by everyone.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

So, is Blaze actually Ryder, or is this just some bullshit?

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I thought Ryder had been accepted back into the fold and sworn off being an idiot?

Plus, that profile Blaze has...surely even Ryder would be too embarrassed to make something like that. And I haven't seen Kiel or anyone who could actually be expected to know make a connection between them.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

That's what I thought, but Wizzycat seems to either know something we don't or is either talking shit.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Third option: Wizzycat is just wrong.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Yeah, and hence he's talking shit.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

Fair enough.

You guys are useless

7 years ago

"I don't get why I'm being treated like a dick" and yet, I totally called it. So either I'm psychic or you come off as a dick to more than a few people...

You guys are useless

7 years ago

I am impressed that there can be such a tryhard furry picture in the world, not to mention the profile is .... excrably 90's. I can almost hear the Linkin Park and crying. Here, I found one that you'd probably enjoy as well.

http://www.elfwood.com/u/dunn/image/fcc7cc50-2455-11e4-9eb7-ef777adc32f3/neon-tiger

(ignore the fact that it's vaguely swastika-like. I'm sure your brother trench furry couldn't have an additional appelation of facist, merely one of shit artist.