Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Today, I have finally reached 1000 points on CYS :3 

That is a goal I've had ever since I joined this site, roughly about a month ago and I'm extremely proud of this accomplishment, so now I have to ask you guys... 

What are your in progress site goals or accomplished ones?

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Write a good storygame.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I believe in you.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Thanks. My goal is again, September. Though that seems really hard now.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Good God, Seto. :O You reached 1000 points in just over a month and a half! Isn't that some kind of CYS record right there? I mean, I've known people who've been on here for over a year that haven't even earned half that amount. That's awesome! :D

Thank you for your contributions to the site as a reader / reviewer. ^^ It's really encouraging for me to see newer members get pumped and involved in a positive way. :3 I look to seeing your future accomplishments, too.

As for my own goals, I've had three which I picked up shortly after starting here: achieve the final rank up, get my own member trophy, and have a story featured in every category. The first looks possible, at least. ^-^;

Site Goals?

7 years ago

It's kind of ambitious for that storygame dream, but you've already done an amazing job with your first two features, so I'm enthusiastic on that.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Thanks. =\ If I can ever get around to finishing Magick Academy and either Temple of Fate or Devil's chess, I'm hoping they'll earn spots in School Based and Puzzle respectively. No idea what I'm going to do for love and dating. I like romance as a story element, even a lot, but as the primary component...? I dunno. Edutainment and Everything Else are also going to be tricky.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Kiel, Christ, don't mention Magick until you publish it. I'm very lazy and u productive, but you of all people?

Maybe you should PM Seth or one of the Romance writers. Just......don't ask End about romance.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I saw the words "ask End about romance" :D sounds good! 

Actually, if you want the truth, I've wanted to write a romance horror / suspense or tragedy for a while. Considering my appreciation for games like Catherine, YandereSimulator, and the like, it's not too surprising. I just need a solid concept ... which I think I literally just now found due to this conversation. Thanks! 

Site Goals?

7 years ago

.....you're welcome! I guess it's true intelligence is found in the minds of stupidity. But anyways, good luck!

Better not be "EndMaster Simulator" -_-

Site Goals?

7 years ago
I reached 1k in a little less than 3 weeks and got no congratulations nor did I celebrate it because 1k means literally nothing...

A story featured in every category? Damn how come I never thought of that...looks like that's my goal now too.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I mean, I've known people who've been on here for over a year that haven't even earned half that amount

Or even a 20th, for that matter.

Site Goals?

7 years ago
Your point history never fails to make me chuckle :)

Site Goals?

7 years ago

How do you break a thread?

Site Goals?

7 years ago
You're not allowed to know and we're not allowed to tell you.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

:(

Site Goals?

7 years ago

It's simple. Once you waggle the fedaggler and jibble the jabble, just find the thing for the stuff and perform the action to the point where the dribbler can't continually redownload the flux capacitor biomatrix.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

:D

Site Goals?

7 years ago

That's actually one of the most logical things I've heard all week. It's been one of those sort of weeks.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Pfffft. As if that'd ever work. Penguinites are idiots when it comes to this sorta thing. Don't listen to them.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

*slowly inches out of thread*

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Hey! You edit locked my post! I was just about to fix it! *grumbles* Now I'm gonna get caught. 

Site Goals?

7 years ago

IF you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all....?

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Lolrekt

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I didn't say anything mean, did I? :b

Site Goals?

7 years ago

"Penguinites are idiots when it comes to this sorta thing. Don't listen to them."

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Not just mean, but racist as well.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Nothing but a little tease. :b

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Oi, that's racist. I can't help that my computer is infinitely more complex than yours and has shit like downloadable flux capacitor biomatrixes and waggling fedagglers!

Besides, that's the exact number of steps it should take, with the Rich Text Editor enabled.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Publish a storygame. Eventually. Maybe co-author it, since I'm shit at implementing choices.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Rite a horor gud.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Get noticed by Kiel senpai. Seriously though, I'm still hoping to some day publish a featured storygame.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I want to be noticed by Kiel senpai too xD

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Be productive in general.

Site Goals?

7 years ago
Publish a storygame, and to overall be more active on this site. There's two more months til I graduate so hopefully I'll get some more time after that. I have plans to co-author with someone shortly :D

Site Goals?

7 years ago

My goal is to read all the good storys.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

It won't be that hard to read, like, 30 or 40 stories.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I had three goals when I joined the site:

1. Get past my writer's block, by actually going ahead and hitting that publish button. Even if it's not perfect, a story not published will never be enjoyed. There's no shame in being average. That's why it's called an average.

2. Release some solid storygames on the site, to return the favor for all of the enjoyable reading I've gotten on/off since 2009 or so here. I figured the best way to give to a story-based site would be to write some stories.

3. Read all of the published storygames on the site, since I really enjoy seeing how people approach their storytelling and game mechanics in different ways. 

Completed the first goal. Hopefully I wont un-complete it by getting it again. Second one is vague, so it's hard to say when I'll call it accomplished or not. Third one will probably take me the longest, if only because I'm focusing more on writing than reading currently.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Site goals that I have accomplished:

Enter a contest

Publish a story

Other site goals:

Read every story on the site

Participate in a Forum Game I want to but all of rules seem intimidating

Get some nice trophies

Have a featured story

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I don't really have any goals besides perhaps getting 1000 points. I hope I'll be able to get to read 50 or more % of the stories in here, but with my slow reading pace that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Understandable. Still, a noble goal, I wish you luck.

Site Goals?

7 years ago
I guess this means you get to be on the top-member list...which means I have to update chanbot....which means I'm spending all day coding and entering data semi-manually ;-;

420 braze it

7 years ago

I reached 420 points you noob

420 braze it

7 years ago

Site Goals?

7 years ago
1000 points in a month is pretty good, I registered two and a half years ago and have only just reached 200 points so you're doing better than me! XD

My site goal is just to publish a good storygame. Technically I already achieved this with castle conundrum, but although it might have won the puzzle competition I'm not very satisfied with it as it was rushed to fit into the deadline, so I'd like to write another storygame that's been more thought out and prepared with more time put into it.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Eventually find the inspiration to publish my own storygame. 

Don't quote me on that, 'kay? :p

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Actually write a storygame.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

-Get my brother to be more active on this site

-Write an actual story

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Write a story that's above a 4/8.

Write a story for a contest (I joined the Apocalyptic Contest and the School-Based Contest, but I didn't finish my story both times).

Going off the second goal, WIN said contest.

Reach 1000 points.

Have a story featured.

Get a user trophy.

Get the top poster trophy.

And last but not least, stay on this site for three years. I'm getting close to it, in about six and a half months or so (I joined the site on my original account [11302] on 2/2/14).

Site Goals?

7 years ago

How to win a contest:

Step 1:

Start a new story for a suffering/neglected catergory, hide it away in a word document.

Step 2:

Proceed to write massive amazing story.

Step 3:

Finish the damn thing. Proofread 4 dayz.

Step 4:

Casually suggest the genre of aforementioned story in the interest thread for the contest.

Step 5:

Gradually "write" story into the CYS editor. Publish ASAP.

Step 6:

Pit your massive, open-worlded, expert-scripted, heavily-planned-out, painstakingly editted, flawless years' effort against the things everyone had to write in a month.

Step 7:

You win the contest, you filthy shitlord.

... Although really, a shitlord filthy and desperate enough to have to do this probably wouldn't be able to write something any good in a year's time anyway.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Wait.

Who's the shitlord?

Are you the shitlord?

Site Goals?

7 years ago

All.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I like this.

Sound plan.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

.....this was actually a thought of mine, but I decided cheating is bad. :P

Site Goals?

7 years ago

A useless and unethical mini-lesson from Dr. Figar:

"Cheating is entirely acceptable! It's called making practical use of the resources provided, to progress your career in money-making. You're sitting there for your FOS admission test, proctor glaring at your innocent self, with 5 minutes left until the session ends. Your paper is empty. You can feel their displeasure burning into your soul." 

"You point towards the left corner of the room, behind the proctor. They turn around. Oh, what's this? It's a C-grade stealth particle compression bomb, that's set to explode in 4 minutes. Whatever shall we do? Quickly everybody, panic!"

"Everybody runs screaming. The proctor escapes first, with impressive speed. You sit there, calmly starting work on your test paper. You peak over at the now-empty desk of the person next to you, who seemed like a brilliant young lad with much more potential than you."

"Wasting no time, you fill your empty test sheet with all of the correct-looking answers. Being the swift and stealthy writer you are, you finish with a full 40 seconds to spare. You walk up to the front, confidentially put the completed test on the proctor's desk for later, and exit the room. You also take your dud bomb from the corner, because you could sell that back to the local prank shop and get 70% back. You'd haggle for 80% though."

"So remember, if you're ever worried about failing your FOS admission test, be sure to pack a C-grade stealth particle compression bomb. It's only cheating if you get caught!"

Site Goals?

7 years ago

...One...thousand...points. o_o

*tries to hide the 363 measly points and 2year+ membership*

Current goals:

Publish a game.
Get to be a mod.
Have my own trophy.

...I think Imma gonna have to be here a looooooonnnnnnng time to complete that. x_x Pretty sure the first I'll accomplish is the publish a game, which I estimate will take another 10 years or so...

Site Goals?

7 years ago

To outlive you all.

Or failing that, making sure we all die together.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

With the fact that for the last 3 years i have eaten nothing but five minute ramen your definitely gunna out live me by a few decades.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

A worthy goal.

Me, I'd settle for finding one of the more annoying children IRL and making them cry in person.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Marry mizal.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Thara, I'm flattered, but I demand a standard dowry of the tears, souls, and still beating hearts of 100 of this site's stupidest children from all my would-be suitors. 

I'll go ahead and waive the requirement for the heads of ten furries mounted on wooden plaques above our canopy bed, because I like you.

Site Goals?

7 years ago

I graciously accept these conditions then! I just love when the requirements of things need to be met with even intervals (odd numbers are a pet peeve of mine.)

Site Goals?

7 years ago
My goal - Staying an active member as long as I or this site lives!

Site Goals?

7 years ago

Create a story while staying sane.

Hopefully a good one that doesn't make readers gouge their eyes out after looking at the first page.